There's simply too much interesting shows to watch in a lifetime

there's simply too much interesting shows to watch in a lifetime

Better stop hanging around here then.

No

I've watched just shy of 2500 shows in the past 22 years or so, spanning 5 decades.
Pretty sure I've seen everything worthwhile at this point.

slut

The real problem is having a system to do so.
If you were able to automatically it in a way that is similar to a TV broadcast you wouldn't have to waste time downloading, changing episodes, deleting files, looking up new releases and seasons, etc.

A hypothetical way to do it would be to use an already functional software like Taiga.moe which is open source and add the extra functionality we need.
Taiga can already check for new torrents and downloaded them automatically, recognize episodes and sync with MAL.
Has a Currently watching and Plan to watch list.

The idea would be to use Taiga to automatically make a playlist similar to a TV broadcast.
If you have a 24 episodes series instead of playing those 24 episodes in a row which would be tiring you could play 1 episode of one series, then play 1 episode from another series and so on.
This way things stay fresh and you will ending up watching that anime eventually in a fun not tiring way.

In this example using the Currently watching list one would play 1 episode of Zero no Tsukaima F, next 1 episode of Yu Gi Oh! Duel Monster, next 1 of Soul Eater and so on.

Senpai a shit.
Both Satou and her husband deserved better.

One could use the Currently watching list to fit individual preferences like only play currently airing anime or simply pick series from your already downloaded library to clear backlog, a limit that the user could set would be good, preferably something you're comfortable with like lets say 10 series so thats 10 episodes per day but also could be set so you can have 70 series but only 10 episodes per day, this way each day you get 10 anime per day each day of the week but from 50 different series.
You wouldn't have to worry about discrepancy in the number of episode between series, series that are completed would be moved automatically to the Completed list and since there is a Plan to watch new series from this list would be moved to the Currently watching list.
It would need to be integrated with a video player as Taiga would need to launch the video, thankfully most video players have a setting to allow the player to automatically go into Fullscreen mode once content is loaded.
It doesn't have to be Taiga at all, I'm just using it as a example because half the functionality is already there.

>this way each day you get 10 anime per day each day of the week but from 50 different series

Sorry, I meant 70 different series.
Something more manageable like maybe 20 would be better though, as the point would be to finish our backlog as fast yet as comfortably possible so we can move to new series.

>If you have a 24 episodes series instead of playing those 24 episodes in a row which would be tiring you could play 1 episode of one series, then play 1 episode from another series and so on.
>binge watching is tiring
Maybe for you. I hate the wait. That's why when I'm reading a book I can't stop reading it even at 4am.

I honestly don't think I'll want to watch more than about 1000 anime.
I'm at 350 right now and have just about the same on the to watch list and I'm not even that interested in some of them.

It doesn't take long to watch 1000 anime if you don't waste time.

Bitch, I usually watch 24 episodes series in a sitting or more. I can finish a 150 episodes series in less than a week.
After I finish watching a series I usually leave it playing in Shuffle mode for days.
The whole point is to finish the backlog as efficiently as possible without getting burnout fast.

>The whole point is to finish the backlog as efficiently as possible without getting burnout fast.
Why would you ever get burned out watching things you like?

Are you pretending to be retarded?

not if you become a neet user

Are you?
I never ever get tired of things I like. Actually I can't stop thinking about them even when I do something else.

Go watch One Piece, 800 episodes in row or Pokemon over 970 episodes, lets see how you do.

You think you have cornered me with something like that but you catually haven't.

In case of One Piece I would probably alternate all 800 episodes with the seasonal anime and that's it.

There's no anime which I'm interested in that has that many episodes so I guess we'll never have the confirmation.

man i wish
i have to always go through cycles

>In case of One Piece I would probably alternate all 800 episodes with the seasonal anime and that's it.

Thanks for agreeing my idea is good, because this is exactly what it hypothetical aims to do.
Sounds to me you're just arguing for the sake of arguing.

Anger, Pessimism, Increased irritability, Feelings of apathy and Signs of Cynicism and Detachment is a sing of being burnout.

Other than stuff to come, maybe.

Is that supposed to be a bad thing? It just means you'll never run out of interesting stuff to watch.

>Work full time to afford things
>Watch a dozen seasonal shows
>Backlog
>Manga
>LNs
>VNs
>Books
>Movies
>Occasional western shows
>Learned moon, so now raw stuff on top of everything else
I need to win the lottery and retire or something. There are too many fun things to do. I don't understand how people can complain about being bored unless they're actually at work.

i don#t understand how people can complain about being bored whilst at work

Because the things I do in my free time are more fun than my job. I find my field of work pretty interesting, but not nearly as much as my hobbies.

whatever job you have you're going to hate it sooner or later
which is why applying for something you genuinely enjoyed doing as a hobby is a bad idea as you're going to lose interest

in my experience this is not necessarily true
unless you enjoy only a very specific aspect of your job

Start reading literature.

Sturgeon's law applies to anime as well

>my idea
I said seasonal anime, not other anime.

Mind you, I only watch like 4-5 anime each season, as any person with taste should do, so it would only be 5 episodes each week to alternate to One Piece.

>literature
>posts a picture of a retard reading a 図鑑
Baka user.

>Wanpissfag
>Talking about taste
Lot of bakas here.

Read the OP before posting.

>Anger, Pessimism, Increased irritability, Feelings of apathy and Signs of Cynicism and Detachment is a sing of being burnout.
I guess I'm burned out on life.

Also known as having an existential crisis.
Reading philosophy helps

>I'm not interested in One Piece
>Wanpissfag WHAAAAAAAAA
Retard.
>seasonal

Read before posting.

>I'm not interested in One Piece
Pretty sure that line appeared nowhere in the post I quoted, and that you only talked about watching One Piece. You also think there are only 4 or 5 shows worth watching per season, which makes you a stupid casual.

You mean like Seneca, De Brevitate Vitae?
Knowing things doesn't change the way you feel. Only weak minds are that easily influenced.

You're not capable of reading more than one post? Are you retarded by chance?

Actually there are far less than 4 shows worthy of being watched by intelligent people per season. Sometimes I watch shit.
>hurr durr

READ BEFORE POSTING

You're an idiot and you're not intelligent. I guarantee my career puts me at a higher standing than yours, you retard.

And how does a superior mind come to terms with the pessimism and apathy that leads to becoming tired of life? Reading philosophy is one of the best ways to understand the human condition.

You must be very smart. Go Einstein. I release you from the chains of all of us retards you have to deal with on Sup Forums. Write a book on your opinions and I know you'll get it published and make the New York Times best sellers list. Share your limitless knowledge with the world and not these dregs here that can't appreciate your intellect.

>HURR DURR
>I guarantee my career puts me at a higher standing than yours, you retard.
This sentence proves your lack of intelligence.
So you think success means quality? How can a quality work succeed in a world filled with ignorant people?
Well, I guess it can actually succeed but not appeal to the masses for sure.

Keep embarrassing yourself, bud.

>This sentence proves your lack of intelligence.
I'm dead serious, what's your claim to intelligence? You come off as someone really stupid trying to sound really smart.

>And how does a superior mind come to terms with the pessimism and apathy that leads to becoming tired of life
You can't.
That's why stupid people are happy.

Guys, face it. You will never, ever come close to finishing your backlog. As you progress, new shows come up, you find old gems you never heard about before and real life knocks on your door telling you that you can't run away forever from paying taxes for a society that gives 0 fucks about you. You will never make it, and it is time you despair about it.

I'm hoping that it doesn't grow more than twice as fast as I watch read and play, and that I can retire early.

Explain how or shut the fuck up.
My claim to intelligence?
To remain on point, simply being able to recognize the few worthful anime a season offers.
Nothing wrong with watching some shit, everything wrong with not being able to tell it's shit.

>To remain on point, simply being able to recognize the few worthful anime a season offers.
Objectively wrong because I can guarantee you don't even start the season with more than 10 shows. Your lack of experience coupled with sweeping judgements based on small sample sizes highlights how impressively stupid you are.

That doesn't matter. The real goal is to maximize happiness in as many moments as possible. You'll also never read all the books, or watch all the films, or complete any medium. Enjoy what you can while you can.

>I watch many shows per season
>I can't be stupid so you're wrong
Mmh.

>lack of experience
I don't think so, Tim.

The insecurity ITT is real, you can cut it with a butterknife.

I finished my backlog several months ago. Checkmate.

You can't ask that of autistic and OCD kids.

That's not true, smarter minds than you and I have been able to find enjoyment despite coming in terms with life's lack of meaning and their inevitable death. Simple enjoyments might be harder to entertain you, but knowledge will open the door to more refined types of enjoyments.

How many series?

>you can cut it with a butterknife.
you "could" cut it with a butter knife.
Work on you grammar if you want to feign intelligence.

785 in total. I'm not saying I've watched every worthy show on Earth. But everything I was going to.

You must be baiting. I've been watching anime for about 15 years and I've seen all the good shows and a lot of bad ones. You can do it.

TV: 1034, OVA: 354, Movies: 152, Spcl.: 181, Eps: 19813, Days: 320.92
It's possible.

You can be intelligent and still ignorant about life.
There's no way a person that is completely aware can be enthusiast about living.

there's simply too much interesting untranslated manga to wait for all the translations but what the fuck, learning the whole language just for the comics?..
/sour grapes

To add, the problem is not the lack of meaning in life and death acceptance. It's the living condition and the life experiences for a being with intellect.

And how do you come to this conclusion?

>TV: 1034
How many of those were trash? 30-40%?

>There's no way a person that is completely aware can be enthusiast about living.
I kind of agree but that's why escapism is a good tool to make one happy. In the end we're chasing emotions our whole lives. Might as well make them good ones.

By being aware of mine and others condition.

I strongly doubt that you are as aware as you think you are.

It's not like it can be much worse than my condition.

Just set realistic standards for your backlogs. I managed to advance a lot when I just started dropping the series that didn't catch my interest, before that I used to watch everything to the end out of some sort of sense of obligation.

There are only probably around 300 worthwhile anime right now. We get maybe 10-20 new ones each year.

Trust me, there aren't any more than 200 good anime tv series out there. And that's pushing it 150 is a better estimate. You'll run out of shit to watch, unless you like seeing the same thing done over and over again in a different colour.

If we're talking about manga, then that will take you a lifetime.

i have nothing to watch suggest me 10 pls

Koe no Pico
Kimi no Pico
The Melancholy of Pico
Pico To Test
Samurai Pico
Mobile Suit Boku
To Love Pico
The Big Pico
Cowboy Pico
Serial Boku no Experiment

you forgot boku no pico senpai

I assumed he already watched it, is required viewing to post on Sup Forums after all.

>We get maybe 10-20 new ones each year.
More like 5-6.

>implying
I've already seen every interesting show.

He only watches anime to talk about it online, and is having trouble catching up.