You must have a mental age of 12 to like any of these

You must have a mental age of 12 to like any of these.

Breaking news! Fun things aren't fun!

Breaking news! Random user on the internet has decided what's fun for everyone else, and the response is: only randomshit is fun!

>mental age of 12
So whole Sup Forums?

Eeeeh.
Ive seen 1 abd 3, while 3rd was mildy fun, i dropped it after 3-4 episodes, flcl ive watched till the end hoping for plot, but it wasnt nearly as good as i heard

>Random user on the internet has decided what's fun for everyone else
Yeah that's fucking retarded.
Why are you doing it?

I am not, I am not even the OP. I just think that calling out someone because he 'hates fun' is the most retarded thing on the internet.

To make people angry and feel a little better about his own intelligence which is his most obvious insecurity.

That picture is missing Madoka and [insert almost every single anime labeled "psychological" on MAL]

check em

These are shows you appreciate for the visual style, just because they don't have any strong plot or story doesn't make them any less memorable or even have any less substance

I wish I still had the mental age of 12 desu

You must be incredibly insecure to not enjoy fun, OP.

These are some of my favorite anime.
Gainax/Trigger is god tier (except for Kiznaiver).

OP probably thinks Shaft is pretentious and Kyuckani is superior.

ftfy

This

Yep, this is more accurate for sure.

>visual style
They look like shit though

You must have a mental age of 18 to post on any of those boards.

Spotted the analravaged triggernigger.

I liked Gurren Lagann, and Panty & Stocking was okay. FLCL was fucking garbage.

I'm ok with that.

You must have a mental age of 12 to like any of these.

>escaflowne
END THYSELF, HEATHEN

furi kuri has great directing, music, designs and art unlike the other two. You can't compare them.

I watched 3 episodes of TTGL and I couldn't stomach any more of that garbage, guess I'm skipping FLCL forever

newfag

You must have a mental age of 12 to be insecure enough to attack people for liking things you don't like

Why am I a newfag, because I've been avoiding meme shows for years? Nobody likes the same shit as you, get it through your head autist.

FLCL and TTGL are nothing alike, what the fuck

t.moefag

PSG >>>>> TTGL > FLCL

What made you think it was garbage?

The center one makes my eyes bleed, I like the others.
I like all of these. What anime do you like OP? I'm curious.

It was boring, uninteresting and overall it felt like it was banking on lolsorandumb shit and seizure-inducing visuals instead of having an actually well-structured plot. I understand how kids with ADD might enjoy this show but to me it was pure garbage.

Add K-On! to the list

FLCL is one of the most intelligently written and artistically creative anime ever though.

>boring
Its literally action and plot progression every episode, what isn't boring to you?
>lolsorandumb shit
Examples?
>seizure-inducing visuals
Literally won awards for its visuals, episode 4 is the exception and received backlash.
>instead of having an actually well-structured plot
You expect the entire plot to be revealed within the 3 episodes you watched?
>I understand how kids with ADD might enjoy this show
Didn't you just call it boring within the same post?

>FLCL
>DUDE SOUTH PARK LMAO
>Oh, rook, pantsu

Those are Trigger shows though

TTGL was 10 years ago. Most of the current Sup Forums probably hasn't seen it, since nowadays newfags immediately jump into seasonal anime.

Nothing wrong with watching good, current anime instead of dated dadshit

>TTGL
>Dated
fuck off newfag

Are you praising the fact that you're a newfag?

>implying i didn't watched FLCL when i was 12
Oh user

You must have autism if you whole heartedly enjoy anime. Its proven. My BBC had an episode on it.

FLCL is too avant-garde for plotfags who can only engage in surface readings of narrative and not the finer qualities of art. Look at the top MAL reviews for evidence of this, imbeciles the lot of them.

It is one of the highest rated shows on MAL. FLCL is MAL core.

If you don't like Gainax/Trigger, you aren't a real anime fan.

>replying to blatant b8
user, i am disappoint

If you like nu Gainax/Trigger, you are an ironic weeb.

Actually I think TTGL is a lot deeper than just mere "hype" you know, it almost goes into religious and psychological themes if you dig deep enough through the non-sensical theoretical physics and hype it throws at you

I think that's one of the reasons why it's so well liked, it just resonates with people on a subconscious level, like the Bible does, of course it's made up by humans but humans make the greatest things and that doesn't mean there isn't some underlying truth to it

2/4 of the top reviews for FLCL on MAL are 2 and 3 out of 10. MAL brainlets can't handle actual art.

>Liking Trigger or Gainax post FLCL

You speak for any one either dumbass

Any one who makes this thread was a butt hurt autist who fled from Sup Forums crying.

This

This is good bait, it deserves a (You).

I agree with this.

>Hey user you like anime too? Have you seen...

OP, you are just autistic who easily gets butt hurt and uses memes for answers.
Kid, the reason you don't like it is because you refuse to watch something different and you call it kiddie crap because you are afraid some one on the internet will make fun of you for it, you wanna know why you don't like it?
It'd because you hate yourself, you hate anything with positive themes or themes of growing up because you are in a self contain bubble of hate and sadness. You went on Sup Forums to complain and you got castrated and came here to try again only to get a drill shoved up your ass this time. You are an angry little ball of hate who thinks that maturity comes from watching something with serious tones when being mature is simply enjoying what you enjoy and not be threatened by the thought that some one will make fun of you. You hate Kamina as a character because he reminds you of all those older guys who tried to make you feel better about yourself when you were younger but you stuck to your guns feeling sorry for yourself. People like feel good stories, underdog stories, and stories of plain fun. You admitted you could even get past ep 4 or 3. So that makes you an expert on the show? No it makes you a piss ant who complains not anime is the same. Next you will write a whole wall of text like I did saying I don't know you, but I know your type, you are a little piss stain who gets upset when people uses memes against you but have no problems doing it back.

It's not actually, he's a kid from Sup Forums who wound up here because he got btfo.

>You must have a mental age of 12 to like any anime
FTFY

>TTGL and FLCL are some of the deepest and most well written anime of all time and people that don't understand them just call them randomshit

top pip.

>becoming a bitter old man who can't enjoy things anymore
>harassing other people because they enjoy things you don't
congratulations on losing your way, maybe its time for you to move on and stop posting here?

But the anime Op posted are Sup Forumscore.

FLCL? Common now

Ok, perhaps sans FLCL.

Whether you like it or not OP, this user is right.

I always knew Sup Forums has trash taste but people here are legit bashing flcl and gurren for not being plotbased? lmao have you ever read a classic book, you appreciate the style and characters first and foremost before the plot this isn't some harry potter book club

Yeah, it took me 4 or 5 complete watches to find the beauty in it.

I found it insufferable originally, too.

The sad part is that objectively they aren't very deep at all, which speaks volumes to the anime industry as a whole. Nip novels and some really niche manga is the only place you can find "deep" storytelling.

Are you Shirou Emiya? Because I've never seen anyone project that hard.

If I could speak moon I would respond as such.

2 os inspirational as fuck. Go watch it, user.

>tfw only GAINAX stuff I like is Gunbuster and Diebuster
Feels sugoi desu

This. Exactly my thoughts. I've got the feeling that in all this new-wave memes, ironic weebing and daily post about fucking waifus many people forgot that anime is also a form of art and can have some universal values. I thought that Flip Flappers would change that, but it was so deep that all these brainless newfags haven't even watch it.

>using english magecraft terms
Go 殺す yourself.

Do you prefer the term Gradation Air?

I bet OP thinks clannad & haruhi are anime at peak performance

But Gurren is heavily plotbased. In fact the characters are by far the weakest part of Gurren.

I have never seen anime as art form

*tips fedora*

Yep the plot of FLCL isn't important, it's deliberately both convoluted and absent.
>alien chasing her space pirate husbando and/or guy she wants to eat that's sealed inside a kid's forehead
>galactic police are chasing him too
>other aliens want to destroy earth so that they can build stuff like in hitch-hikers guide or what Freiza does
Nobody spoonfeeds you so you need to use your brain and think about each character's behavior and motives, using the symbolism of the audiovisuals and the vague plot details characters ramble off in the background or in throwaway dialogue.

The real purpose of the show is to build a convincing SOL around such an absurd scenario.

>I understand how kids with ADD might enjoy this show
I have ADD and it took me 3 tries to get through the whole thing. I don't know what you're seeing but I saw a very complex and complicated mono no aware experience that requires my complete and undivided attention.

accurate

I said style and characters, with style being the most important for gurren. I would also argue the plot really doesnt matter much for the show, its basically just a simple "need to constantly get stronger" device that maintains the hyped up style of the show. I don't think its really supposed to make you care about the consequences like standard plot is supposed to

yeah its a bit painful to be honest, anime has been steadily becoming less daring to match its fanbase from my perspective as well. Its reaching a point where western cartoons are more 'artistic' than 90% of the anime we get, which is sad because western cartoons are a whole breed of cancer on their own.

>muh ironic shit taste

>Tamers
fuck you too mate

not him but forced action and shit plot progression are boring. fast and furious is boring. I know it's hard to grasp for your American brain though.

Or at least close

nigga there isnt supposed to be plot progression besides character arcs and the action isnt forced its an important part of the symbolism kiddo

>2deep4you
>2deep4you
>above average shounenshit

I know you guys just hate it because it's popular but it's noticeably better than any other shounen anime.

>I said style and characters, with style being the most important for gurren. I would also argue the plot really doesnt matter much for the show, its basically just a simple "need to constantly get stronger" device that maintains the hyped up style of the show. I don't think its really supposed to make you care about the consequences like standard plot is supposed to
For one, I was kind of agreeing with you that people complaining about Gurren not being plotbased was retarded, mostly because Gurren is plotbased.
Also what do you mean "I don't think its really supposed to make you care about the consequences like standard plot is supposed to"?

FLCL is divisive on mal like all good anime
trigger are cheap gainax copycats who just do meme lolsorandumb shows totally missing the point of what made gainax great.

I think he means the whole of breaking through common sense and leaving logic behind with no regrets.

Trigger is literally Gainax