Why Can't You Legally Shoot Someone Who is Unarmed But Punching/Attacking You But Police Can?

Any lawyers on Sup Forums? Up until now, I was always under the impression that a citizen legally carrying a gun, even not on his own property, had the right to shoot an unarmed attacker dead if the attacker started punching them repeatedly, choking them, etc. - or even threatened to.

I found out, to my disappointment, that is not the case in any US state, and in many such instances, even when the gun owner recorded themselves being attacked before they shot the attacker, they still went to prison for decades, for manslaughter or murder charges.

Now keep in mind, I am not one of these liberal niggers that hates the police (although I do hate most of them [not all], because they are lying sacks of powertripping shit), but I must know why in many instances where a police offer is being punched by an unarmed attacker, or even ran at by an unarmed attacker, they are never charged for shooting the attacker to death, whereas a citizen often is.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Oi3Hyxuf5AE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

but you can, zimmerman.

hell you can potentially get away with shooting a pedophile after the act like youtube.com/watch?v=Oi3Hyxuf5AE

Because they have a get out of jail free tin on their chest.

you can
I shot a guy who tried to strong arm me for my cash with no obvious weapon displayed
he lived but got charged with assault and attempted theft
police took a statement and I never heard from them again

A self-defence plea requires that you had absolutely no way to exit the situation. If you had even a few inches and seconds of space and time to make an escape, the court will probably take a giant shit on you.

Stand your ground laws. Consult The Google.

England is irrelevant for this discussion for obvious reasons

Why you numb fuck ? If you think there are no guns here, you are sadly misinformed, we just don't carry them about with us they stay in cabinet at home because we are men enough to walk the streets without them.

because we’re discussing american laws you absolute retard

So you posted this in an international forum why ?

>Why Can't You Legally Shoot Someone Who is Unarmed But Punching/Attacking You
But you can do that. Where the Hell are you that you can't? They don't even need to threaten you, they break I your house you can consider them a threat and shoot them.

This is a shit thread, i think it might slide away any second.

holy down-syndrome

>A self-defence plea requires that you had absolutely no way to exit the situation.
No, no it doesn't at all. Except in shitholes like Massachusetts.

>England

5 words are all you need
"I feared for my life"

This is an American website.

the police have the state backing them up, you don't. simple as that. police do what they want whether its legal or not

If you can prove you believed your life was in danger you can in states without a duty to retreat law. aka non cuck states.

Kys

You can in my state as long as you have a legitimate fear of serious bodily harm or death. You also have a duty to retreat which could involve falling backward into a seated position while drawing your weapon.

They have stand your ground states. Try to flim flam someone in florida and see what happens.

We are a Japanese board now retard.

>Why Can't You Legally Shoot Someone Who is Unarmed But Punching/Attacking You But Police Can?
you need to check your laws, idiot! you can legally shoot someone who is punching you and unarmed, just make sure you were in fear for your life and person punching you is guarantee to cause serious damage, look at Zimmerman case and how that nigger was shot for punching peaceful gun owner!

>hosted in Canada
Yeah right.

Depends on the state. Mine has Duty to Retreat. I have to make an effort to exit the situation but if they present a continued threat you can put them down even if they're unarmed. You do not know if they are or are not armed. Simply not having a weapon in their hand doesn't mean they're unarmed, they could have a weapon on their person.

>duty to retreat
Confirmed liberal shithole.

5 years probation'

thats a bit harsh

>Any lawyers on Sup Forums? Up until now, I was always under the impression that a citizen legally carrying a gun, even not on his own property, had the right to shoot an unarmed attacker dead if the attacker started punching them repeatedly, choking them, etc. - or even threatened to.

For self defense, you have to reasonably "fear for your life"

In stand your ground states, that is the only major burden. In non-stand your ground states, you also have to not been able to leave. Castle Doctrine means that you do not have to leave your home, and that you can kill to defend your property at your home.

(that the basic rules)

I'm talking about in public, or in a private business, mostly.

that was a nice fucking shot man