Meditation: LARPing as a monk or true benefits?

It seems that everybody and their mother is "meditating" these days. Is meditation truly effective in getting the self to "a higher level" or is it just LARPing as a chinese monk? Any Sup Forumstard out there meditates? If so, do you truly feel any changes?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Srw3YSda1XY
youtu.be/mkuRqZ-SssI
youtube.com/watch?v=97FhauH1J58
ylilauta.org/satunnainen/78936081
thedivinesecretgarden.com/tdsg-access.html
youtube.com/watch?v=FcqVlrtkyxs
youtube.com/watch?v=lULNRf8mWd0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Silence = infinite possibility. Observe the silence.

>New-age bullshit

Bump

youtu.be/Srw3YSda1XY

Truth
youtu.be/mkuRqZ-SssI

Watch Bodhi Mantra's JudenTube channel.

Meditation is when you ponder on the word of God.

My blog post:I have stopped smoking and meditation helped me not kill my neighbors.

There's meditation which is OK and basically just self reflection+praying and then there's (((meditation))) which is part of the (((fitness industry))) and promotes "mindfulness" and "spirituality" and other Eastern crap and is used as another attack angle on the west/Christianity

youtube.com/watch?v=97FhauH1J58

You make no sense, where you get all this? ((they)) worship Demiurge, physical. ((they)) keep ancient knowledge of life hidden from us goyms. ((they)) don't want goym to get free from bondages of physical.

Good info. Another redpill about the new-age Yoga LARPing crap. Thanks.

I am aware of it. It seems like new-age bullshit.

ylilauta.org/satunnainen/78936081

watch Sadghuru from youtube.

Mate, If mainstream puppets such as Neil DeGrasse Tyson or Elon Musk are into this "Simulated Reality Theory" then you can be sure that it's just the average kikery to keep the goyim distracted. Don't fall for that mental masturbation crap, there are better philosophical problems to dive into.

Meditation is actually fairly simple, but there are two forms of it ultimately. Egoless Meditation is like being the smooth rock in the river. You allow the thoughts to wash over you, not paying them any mind. With egoful meditation you focus on one thing. But with either, breathing technique is more important than anything else. Yes, there are changes. Less anxiety. More calm when others are panicky. More clarity of mind.

>thousands of years old practice is bs
You're just supposed to relax and let go of distracting thoughts. No fucking kidding it's followed by feelings of clarity and peace.

The western world is still ignorant of what meditation actually is. When performed correctly these ancient practices do much more than reduce stress. The ancients knew that the human body had a subtle energetic form and developed ways to "activate" it.

I recommend it. But do whatever you got to do, my white friend.

it works, activates things already in you. it can turn basic intuition into a powerful tool. we all have it. the bond between mother and child is an example. she can know things she shouldnt about her child. as can you. when taken further, it can influence. the spookiest action at a distance. even for the gifted, it takes years to sharpen.

Ancient Aryans discovered meditation.
Approach it as a science.

>Implying ancient chinese faggots on drugs had more knowledge that we do nowadays.

Found the new-age cult followers.

meditation can be beneficial in two ways. a) it gives you a breather and allows you to focus and organize your thoughts without all the distractions b) it provides a great placebo effect - you believe you've realigned your chakras or whatever and that you're gonna feel better because of meditation and you actually do feel better.

You can't bump your own thread on Sup Forums my fellow white friend

What kind of answer are you looking for?

Until you experience something yourself you will never believe another's experiences. Many people never take these ideas seriously or quit before any results are attained.

holy shit i'm glad i left this shit hole in 2011

Also all meditation is is setting time aside for introspective thinking
Thinking it's anything beyond that is retarded. You get and take away different things as on individual tho. Leave hippy shit out of it

i mean try to sit and just not think about anything. just try to keep an absolutely blank mind. its pretty hard. now imagine thats going on 24/7 even as youre unaware of it. the more you practice it the easier it is to concentrate and focus your energy on whatever you want to do, fully. idk about all the spirituality shit but whatever

I'm looking for something like this: >it's a placebo effect - you believe you've realigned your chakras or whatever and that you're gonna feel better because of meditation
/thread

I'm sure they did. They pondered about existence and nature of things way more than people do today. You said everyone's mom's doing it. What do you think why?

You started a thread with bias looking for confirmation. Regardless of me agreeing with you that's fucking retarded. You don't want discussion you want validation faggot

Why didn't western philosophers (far more superior that chinese old drug addicts) came to practice meditation?

And what you going to do about it, faggot? It's done. I've already killed at least 2 thread with my bumps and I am proud of it.

lowers cortisol thus raises test

Everyone should learn how to meditate. It's real.

I think there is an at least minimal healing effect from the vibration of humming

Supposedly cats don’t get cancer a lot because their purring heals them so I feel like monks are doing the same thing

And clearing your mind for extended periods of time is probably a good exercise of willpower which helps you get your life in order and be more patient and calm and shit

Think of like a message chair or something

The vibration does really seem to shake loose muscle fibers and allow lactic acid to release and catalyze more healing, like stretching

>Why didn't western philosophers (far more superior that chinese old drug addicts) came to practice meditation?
Because they did.

>And what you going to do about it, faggot?
Sage

Eastern Mysticism wants to pretend you can become enlightened by meditating. You can't. Look to God for the answer, not yourself.

>Look to God for the answer, not yourself.
You have that backwards friend. Know thy self then god

This.
thedivinesecretgarden.com/tdsg-access.html

>Dualism
Into the trash it goes. Read a book for once. Preferably one about philosophy.

don't listen to this idiot/jew

Mediation won't help you find out a single thing about yourself. It's a fraud that Westerners eat up because we love to LARP.

>Mediation won't help you find out a single thing about yourself
>introspective thinking is pointless and won't help you goy

Introspective thinking is completely separate from meditation. You watched Karate Kid too many times when you were younger. Now go roll up your yoga mat and eat some rotten human brains like your precious eastern mysticism tells you to do faggot nigger.

Zen Buddhist who participates in his local Sangha a lot here, feel free to ask whatever.

Im not converting.
>inb4; good goyim or any implication the religion who supported Imperial japan is a jewish ploy

Are you this stupid that you need to mix physiological exercise with politics? You don't really understand how your mind and body works do you? Fuck off now.

Here is your answer. youtube.com/watch?v=FcqVlrtkyxs

youtube.com/watch?v=lULNRf8mWd0

introspective thinking can be a form of meditation within buddhist tradtions if it's focused on arriving at a given object, such as reaslising impermance or generating positive emotions

How has converting to Buddhism changed you? How much do you meditate? Do you believe a large part of your practice is LARPing as a monk?

>LARPing as a monk
you use that phrase as though throughout history meditation was only practiced by monks

>mindfulness is a bad thing
>used as another attack angle on the west/Christianity
There are permits required for dumping hazardous waste like this.

>truly effective in getting the self to "a higher level"
No. But it does help you have the so called "higher consciousness" which isn't anything else but what the word says. You get more conscious of your feeling and thoughts and can redirect and control them so you become more productive.
Basically meditating is working out your mind.

Found the retard that searches out youtube videos they don't like just to make sure everyone knows that don't like it. Seriously, what the fuck are you even doing here itt? Go do something constructive faggot.

>Is meditation truly effective in getting the self to "a higher level"
It can help you relax and control your emotions and body better. All the opening the third eye / astral travel stuff just masks its practical utility.