Why is the current artstyle standard so bland? New Kino looks like some A-1 waifu shittery

Why is the current artstyle standard so bland? New Kino looks like some A-1 waifu shittery.

Looks ok-ish to me.

I know alot of people are pissed about this, but it didn't really come as much of a surprise to me. I guess that's just because I was expecting a shift from the originals style.

Isn't that just what Kino looks like now?

Early 00s wasn't that bad.

Now? That's how she looks since the 3rd volume or so like ten years back or so.

Looks fine to me.

This design is way closer to how she looks in the novels than her old anime design.

The original Kino anime had a shit art style that wasn't faithful to the source material at all.

my dick

why does kino look like an arab shota

Ah... I sense another bad thread incoming.

>this image quality

>wasn't faithful to the source material at all.
really makes you think what Kino looked like in 2003

The scanlines are supposed to be there you absolute pleb.

>those budding breasts

Will it be a sequel to the old series or another adaptation?

I hope it's another, it's been too long since the last

You know, this is bothering me more than it should, but is Kino's hair suppose to be green or black? It is never consistent.

It's entirely episodic anyway, so there's no difference between the two.

while it varies, it's always consistent with her clothing
probably to simplify the palette

even worse is seiyuu replacement fuck that grating

Sexy
Potatoe

I don't mind as long as they manage to capture the feel of the original. The composer for the OST is more important to me.

It's described in writing as black. The green hair was a stylistic choice the artist dropped years ago.

Volume 2-6 Kino look way different from volume 1 Kino. The 2003 anime covered selected stories from volumes 1-6.

Eh, not really user. There's really not that drastic of a change here.

Might as well ask here.
Do you think Kino is in a simulation like the Country of Books episode alluded to or am I just reading too much into this?

No.
Read the fucking LNs you animeonly corpse-worshipping pleb.

Stop acting like the LNs are the pinnacle of literature. It's literally garbage-tier writing.

>Do you think Kino is in a simulation
damn, I remember this being a big theory for a while here on Sup Forums

Will both of you fuck off.

kino is K i n o

By the way I'm making some grids of the original series if anyone wants a certain episode let me know.

2003 Kino just looks like a really sexy guy while new Kino looks more androgynous, which is what I believe the source material was going for.
Athough I have to admit the design is really bland. I think it's just the moe eyes/hair. body is ok.

So will this be sstay episodic or is there any big main story?

Never read the novel.

It's kind of like Gulliver's Travels with less horse fucking.

Episodic. Theres some minor 'development', or rather, 'time flow' here and there. Like Ti joining in or Kino getting Flute (new gun).

I forgot the number but the one with automaton family is one of my favorite. Please do that.

There's literally no mention of that being a thing at all in the LN. There's stories of how happy Kino's parents were when she was born and what Shizu and Riku did before the Coliseum arc though.

>is there any big main story?
After 20 volumes, there's no main story. There are four characters the series follows. There's Kino, Shizu (with Riku as the narrator instead of the story being told in 3rd-person omniscient), Master, and Photo.

Kino is still like her anime counterpart but she's a bit more laidback considering she's willing to stay in countries for more than three days if necessary at this point (winter-long stays or to get past other countries with migration rules or costs she can't afford, etc.).

Master is more the soulless asshole people think Kino is but at least three times that. Despite being more than willing to murder people in the face without a hint of regret or hesitation, she's scared shitless of ghosts.

Shizu, Riku and later Ti visit country to country looking for a place to settle down or pass through. Shizu, Riku and Ti never really manage to find a place to stay for too long because Shizu gets assfucked by reality for sticking to his arbitrary sense of moralism.

Photo's the newest PoV character. She has a moped and a camera complete with a vest and a ponytail. I haven't read any of her stories yet though so I can't say too much about her aside from the fact she's pretty cute.

I prefer the new sexy Kino.

How sexual is Kino in the LNs?

She gets pleasured by fish.

Very asexual. She cooked breakfast for a dude while they were living together for about a day.

I like all the Kinos.
Even the joke parody Kinos

That Kino's a little genki cutie. I'd never take her out on a date to any of the restaurants within a 25 mile radius of her house since she's probably already banned from all of them. The new anime Kino is actually kinda cute in a "I want to manhandle her little body and pound her against her hotel window as her flat chest is pressed against the cold glass while her feet dangle inches above the ground."

Wait. Photo? That's really her name? Does her moped talk as well?

is it implied that they FUCKED

sammy is the only reason i would watch.

She did tell a guard to tell him that he was the only one who actually enjoyed her cooking when she was leaving. They didn't spend very much time together.

The scanlines are the only thing you should fap to in Kino's journey
Everything else is too pure to even think about lewding

Do we really need a daily "Secondaries are the true patricians" thread?

It's imperative to fap to Kino because she's typically not presented in a sexual manner, therefore she is extremely sexy.