Should private citizens be allowed to own Warp Drives, Fusion Cores, Antimatter Drives...

Should private citizens be allowed to own Warp Drives, Fusion Cores, Antimatter Drives, or other potentially devestating technology on their spaceships?

Lets face it, the founding fathers didn't forsee our technology and people being able to own automatic weapons that could singlehandedly defeat entire musket armies.
Who is to say the same thing won't happen to us? Nobody disagrees with people being able to own cars, it's essentially a requirement. But what about the next few hundred years when a commute could be to orbit, or another part of the solar system, or even another star?
The energy involved in these kind of tecnologies would be immense. Something with the power to transport a ship across the solar system, or go FTL using some kind of exotic physics would be able to output some serious energy. Probably the simplest and most provable is antimatter engines. They are entirely possible today, the only problem is antimatter is currently way too expensive to be used as a fuel. However, if you filled up a bottle of anttimatter in your spaceship, if you misued that, you would have a weapon that would make a 50 Megatonne bomb look like a firecracker. You could singlehandedly wipe out an entire city with millions of people in it.
Nobody could even really predict how destructive those kinds of technologies could end up when misused.
So Sup Forums, in the future, should technology like that be able to be owned by civilians, where anyone could kill millions of people as easily as crashing a ship into a city?
#spaceshipsofpeace

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muon-catalyzed_fusion
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcubierre_drive
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

warp drives can't exist. fision cores maybe. antimatter drives, maybe. either way, all of those are not weapons, they are imaginary propulsion systems.

also orville is a shit show but thie one alien girl is hot.

In a future like that hopefully jews, muslims, and SSRI medications no longer exist. So the threat of terrorist attacks will be zero.

People like you always intrigue me. You're the exact same people that say "the earth is obviously flat, the horizon is flat," or "what do you mean this pencil is made of atoms, it looks like a solid object to me."
I can tell you for a fact that warp drives CAN exist mathematically, it's been proven. The problem is, we don't currently have the kind of exotic matter we need to produce the effect of "negative mass."
Fusion is observable inb stars, cold fusion is extremely "difficult," antimatter is proven, demonstratable and propulsion from antimatter has been demonstrated. It's just antimatter is hard to make.
And as for what you said, you're wrong. ALL of those can be used as weapons very easily, except maybe fusion.
Warp drive- would require an immense energy source to operate in the first place, but even then, you could simply make the device warp space inside a city, effectively ripping the matter apart.
Antimatter - is basically the purest form of explosive. Allow it to escape containment in any significant amount and it will literally destroy every atom within an area, and send out energy equivalent to the same effect as a supernova.

Just because we don't have the technology doesn't mean it isn't possible. Fly a helicopter above some native islands and they will worship you as a god.

Hopefully, but out of billions of people, surely a few will crack and take their equivalent of a "car" and figure they can blow some shit up with it.

i'm not a big sci fi geek. but i know alot about the theories in which the way star trek ships operate. it simply ins't feasible, shitloads of energy or not. you can't bend space, warp bubbles are nonsense, even what is the bussard collectors and the deflector dish array is ridiculous. you've watched too many space shows.

Well theoretically speaking the way you would travel massive distances is to move in separate dimension. We already have discovered naturally occurring things like worm holes which are simply dimensional tunnels.

The scale and exponential risk of the technology involved won't matter. It'll just be a larger and more complex version of what transport and travel is currently on Earth.

There are large companies and there are Government Institutions across the world that take on a great deal of the responsibility involved in transporting goods and people and other tasks such as mobile defense. And supplementing them are smaller operations, right down to the Mom-and-Pop personal delivery outfits(There's one such business operating out of my own street).

Trying to create a singular World Government-like organization to handle ALL Space-Travel needs, to and from certain destinations, is simply impossible. There will be massive gaps that smaller, independent outfits will have to fill in. And yes, that completely means you risk someone 'snapping' or using said technology for horrific uses.

wormholes are so far purely theoretical

like a good woman or a smart nigger

>you can't bend space

But they are shown to be mathematically possible. We didn't know gravitational waves existed for a long time, but they were predicted and eventually proved. We simply might not know how to detect them much like gravitational waves.

Clearly we just need common sense warp core legislation. No private ownership without a license and self piloting only. It's unfortunate the piloting system occasionally fails leaving you stranded but that's the price of freedom.

I'd settle for power armor to dissuade the nogs from asking me for change on the way to the store.

>cold fusion is extremely difficult

No, God's just a fucking troll. That or Earth is missing some critical muon-generating shit.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muon-catalyzed_fusion

kek

>you can't bend space, warp bubbles are nonsense, even what is the bussard collectors and the deflector dish array is ridiculous. you've watched too many space shows.
>you can't bend space

As I said before, you are clearly one of those exact people who literally has no idea what they're talking about, what is possible, nor has any understanding of the subject matter. I assumed you would be this ignorant, so I got this prepared for you.

>ds2= – (a2 – BiBi) dt2 + 2Bi dxi dt + gijdxi dxj
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcubierre_drive

Because you've clearly never studied physics (like my Masters degree), I'' explain the equation to you. It's a forumla which expresses the displacement in euclidian space in relation to the shifting vectors of relative hypersurfaces.
The equation would be exploited by invoking the Hubble constant, the rate at which space expands away from every other point of spacetime. Some "exotic matter" would be needed to generate a negative mass value and voila, you have an equation for "warping" space between two points based on a function of the Hubble constant in relation to hypersurface vectors.
I think YOU'VE watched too many sci -fi shows. You think that because you see a certain concept on tv, that it, by itself, makes that concept impossible.
Protip, we've already got teleportation done, demonstrated by the chinese using quantum entanglement with a photon on earth and one aboard a satellite.

you are welcome to try to stop us.

Or maybe stop and think about why "mass shootings" happen n the US. Watch the news feeds. Anything embarrassing to the Deep State in the news, especially the Left, = instant mass shooting. I've seen this coming for a week now.

keked

This is always a lead in to a discussion of how modern weapons and the 2a are not compatible...

>Should private citizens be allowed to own Warp Drives, Fusion Cores, Antimatter Drives, or other potentially devestating technology on their spaceships?
Yes.

>being in a situation where you give billions of autists the ability to completely destroy any city they want using a standard commute transport ship that's relatively cheap to buy.
Once populatioon gets into the hundreds of millions using that tech, statistics starts playing against you. There's going to be at least one nutter somewhere who would do it. Truck of peace attacks are basically weekly. Now imagine if instead of a few thousand extremists, make that a couple of billion, and give them the capability to basically delete a few square kilometers.