Isekai Thred

Son of a bitch, is it too much to ask for them to skip this trope just once?

Other urls found in this thread:

novelupdates.com/series/release-that-witch/
isekaimahou.wordpress.com/chapter-16-enticing-ultramarine/
twitter.com/ichiro_sakaki/status/894173935771582464
isekaintr.wordpress.com/when-i-was-summoned-to-another-world-likes-ntr-skill-appeared/
mega.nz/#!l1cGQKyL!vKT6n6W7MLeJUMZrqL-u2RC2lKd7dOCYRnlWH6yVQ7k
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You're clearly reading the wrong one if that's bothering you.

>Raid boss level character that can break the sound barrier by flying and has a tower full of treasure
>still needs travel expenses

I mean come on

you see, OP, the problem with isekai isn't particularly the genre itself but the lack of effort and sheer laziness from the mediocre authors who write the stuff. putting aside the wish fulfillment tropes like harem clichés (all girls are dripping wet for the MCock and want to bare his children) and power fantasies (MC immediately becomes a god upon getting isekai'd and can do literally everything as he's all-powerful): it's the cowardice of authors who are too afraid to deviate from the safe route; to ignore these cliché tropes and try something original. I don't usually read WNs/LNs but I can tell you from my experience with reading manga that it's all the same rehashed stuff packaged in a slightly different container. You are ALMOST always going to have:
>overpowered protagonist (cheat skill or just OP, could be physically or magically)
>obligatory females (can't make sales without eyecandy)
>the easy life (MC is usually so OP or reincarnated into wealth that everything comes easily for him, ex: money, fame, women, etc.)
>bland self-insert MC (generic "nice Japanese guy" personality and looks) and NEVER undergoes character development
>etc. etc. etc. etc.
sure there might be some exceptions here and there, but it's all mostly the same shit

Searching the mc name works for getting sause user.

user, if you dislike shounen pandering, perhaps josei is more to your liking.

Don't walk into a gay bar and start a screaming tirade about how everyone is a faggot.

Flying aint cheap.

Your isekai powerlevel is weak if your good account can't find it

>>overpowered protagonist (cheat skill or just OP, could be physically or magically)
>>obligatory females (can't make sales without eyecandy)
>>the easy life (MC is usually so OP or reincarnated into wealth that everything comes easily for him, ex: money, fame, women, etc.)
>>bland self-insert MC (generic "nice Japanese guy" personality and looks) and NEVER undergoes character development
>>etc. etc. etc. etc.
>sure there might be some exceptions here and there, but it's all mostly the same shit
Literally just read isekai with female protagonists if you want to avoid this shit.

Is everyone ready to see loli tanuki animated?

There's nothing wrong with an OP MC, provided it is done correctly, which most isekai simply don't. They are just lazy as fuck and the OP comes off as flippant and aloof. Like, "I am so powerful I don't give a shit about anything, I don't even need to take this shit seriously" instead of actually having to put in some effort to trample on enemies, or at the very least having worked hard to achieve their status instead of just "lol I died and got gave me this retarded cheat as an apology"

Nothing wrong with eye-candy girls either, but the problem is all of them inexplicably fall in love with the MC at the same time, with no rhyme or reason, just so the author can make use of tired and worn out harem tropes. Fuck, are you going to die if you put any thinking into the writing?

It's really all just otaku pandering:
Levels and Stats-Personal power in real life doesn't mean jack shit, and there is no way to easily quantify it, so have some fantasy wish fulfillment, all you need to do is smack some monsters around to gain some levels and you can easily take care of a group of 50 men who come attack you!
Dungeons-Because level ups aren't easy enough already without some bullshit plot mechanic to endlessly produce monsters to slay and the author doesn't know how else to explain the retarded amounts of monsters everywhere.
Item Box/Bag of Holding-Because having to carry your spoils around is too hard for some fat shut-in.
Adventurer's Guild-Because otakus have no people skills and can't be bothered to find the proper venues to sell their materials or find work. They need a centralized support organization to hold their hand.
Demon King-Because if there's no clear cut bad guy, the author has no idea how to make the story meaningful.

ANY iSEKAIS without beta as fuck MCs?

I want to someday write a good isekai for Sup Forums.

re:monster

>inb4 moralfags bitching about rape

there's a /tg/ one you might like

I could list a bunch of Isekai MCs, but then someone will complain about all of them being "edgy" because in the modern world you're either a beta faggot or an edgemaster, since kids these days have no idea how the world works.

There's also the Chinese Xianxia MCs who are the exact opposite of the spectrum and will annihilate entire clans because someone farted in his general direction.

fuck em, I really can't physically self-insert as a betafaggot anymore

Only one of the main characters is a beta in Hans and the MC of Kawazu is Alpha as fuck

there is one wich i dont remember its name, but it was about a dude who gets isekai'd into an elf island where pure as fuck elves would fuck and eat all day around.
Then MC tames them but shortly after he fucks eveything up.

There is elf rape and fun elf stuff

What about one were the MC doesn't have any cheat skill, isn't a beta, has decent world building and is actually written quite decently.

The catch would be, the MC reincarnated as a prince, was an engineer and gradually builds it's own city with modern knowledge. It is also a chinese web novel. Would you read it?

sure nibba, hit me up

/TG/ had a decent isekai typed up which ran off a similar premise into a low-ish magic owrld

novelupdates.com/series/release-that-witch/

Yaritsukai to Kuroneko.

Parallel paradise

>There is also a cute black cat named Rollo.

Pffft. Sold, it'll probably be shit but I'll read it.

Like Realist Hero?

Here is the entire list of good isekai:

The Faraway Paladin
Youjo Senki
Konosuba
The Narnia series
Samurai Jack
Dr. Stone
Futurama

But unironically better.

Connectikut Yankee?

>Dr. Stone
Is this bait? It's the same goddam world but after 3000ish years

Does this count? He's a Tsundere hot head and and have a haughty attitude. I've been liking the LN translations a lot specially with how fast the translation is.

>No story where Japanese MC dies and is reincarnated in the same world
>No isekai where the MC is a noble hero who gets teleported to Japan and becomes a pathetic NEET
>No isekai where the demon king and his minions aren't just a bunch of mindless fodder to be killed by the hero, but actually have their own society and personalities

Fuck, I forgot that one. Probably others I missed, too.

While it technically isn't an alternate world, you have to admit that it's an isekai manga in all but name. The most recent chapter had the MC make superior Nippon ramen, and soy sauce/mayo isn't far off.

Don't get me wrong, man. I like Realist Hero but it's sometimes kind of cringe and it suffers from bad tedious prose (I read the WN).

Anyway, thanks for the rec.

>No isekai where the MC is a noble hero who gets teleported to Japan and becomes a pathetic NEET
Gabriel Dropout is precisely this.

If you care to try a Korean story, there's one called "Everyone Else is a Returnee" where one day god sends everyone on the Earth to other worlds so they can get accustomed to mana because Earth is about to "rank up" into a higher tiered plane of existence; long story short, one guy gets left behind on Earth in perpetual timestop and is forced to spend 1000 years by himself with only an angel for company, he ends up learning every language, reading all the books, training his body to the point where his cells begin to mutate (they can't age in timestop), and becoming a legendary blacksmith. The MC isn't beta at all, but the "blockhead" trait is definitely in full force.

That first one is Psyche Once Again

If I were to write an LN or WN, however shitty it might be, how do I ensure Sup Forums sees it?

Any isekais that arent vidya/mmo mechanic based?

Give it a try, while in realist hero everything that happens seems like it was just perfectly made for the MC to conveniently overcome and the girls wetting their panties in the progress, in RtW the MC actually has struggles, and the story was written well enough to not immediately think of a Deus ex Machina, also, the reason I prefer RtW is that the author managed to keep your expectations up throughout 340+ (what is translated so far) chapters, always wanting to know what comes next.

I mean these are all symptoms of a much larger "issue" in Japan which is the lack of individualism. It has both positives and negatives but for better or worse Japanese people don't value being "unique" or "different" in the same way westerners do. As a result, how most authors approach stories is to take a concept that has already been done and just add a few new things to it. The negative of this is, as you point out, there is a lot of "sameness" in their stories. The positive is that the slow incremental improvements on existing concepts results in some archetypes/tropes becoming better over time. Look at, for example, Rei from Evangelion and tell me modern Rei clones aren't a hundred times better. It's because with hundreds of thousands of these characters being done, people have figured out how to make them much better.

Personally, I prefer the way Japan approaches this which is why I have this hobby in the first place. It is true that reading what is essentially the same story a thousand times gets dull but at the same time, I really like seeing how these archetypes have developed over time.

>you see, OP, the problem with isekai isn't particularly the genre itself but the lack of effort and sheer laziness from the mediocre authors who write the stuff
>sure there might be some exceptions here and there, but it's all mostly the same shit
Took the words out of my mouth, user. Isekai is one of those genres that rely heavily on world building but rather than that these so called authors these days use it as an excuse to pander to escspist self-insert fags. It wouldn't be as insulting if they at least fleshed out their own themes and ideas but each isekai setting is bland copypasta where the only difference is MC's overpowered niche

The MC is just okay. I wish he was fabulous magician mode more often.

I also like the long ass chapters. Puts me into a reading mood.

>The most recent chapter had the MC make superior Nippon ramen, and soy sauce/mayo isn't far off.
It is less superior nippon cooking and more just actual cooking in general

I like that one too.
>Creates magic internet
>Everyone just uses it for shitposting
This one is allright in my book for now

Post your favorite isekai Sup Forums.
>Overlord
>Dungeon defense
>Deathflag
I like those stories where the MC takes on a villain role basically.

The last one takes place place in Tsuki ga, but is sadly not a major emphasis since MC doesn't actually meddle much with the political situation. They are actually pretty sympathetic (probably the "good guys" in a rather grey conflict), being despised by the worlds only goddess and forced into a garbage position no matter what actions they take.

I read some isekai where the MC was OP as fuck and had leveling and shit but it was still pretty good. The MC hides his strength or something. It was all about some bitter fucker trying to learn magic because the demon kings astral form left his body to avoid getting wrecked physically.

>No story where Japanese MC dies and is reincarnated in the same world
Read shoujo. Reincarnation cliches are a dime a dozen.
Re:Creators
>No isekai where the demon king and his minions aren't just a bunch of mindless fodder to be killed by the hero, but actually have their own society and personalities
There are more isekai in recent years where the demons dindu nuffin and just want to be left alone while the humans are the real evil than ones that play the whole always chaotic evil demon faction straight.

What do people think of word master?
It isn't all that great, but it keeps me interested.

One thing I like with this story is that even without the isekai stuff the MC could still have adventures more akin to index and other academy LN in the modern age. There's a lot of background stuff about his earth that it would have been fun to read that too.

Adventures and adventurer's guild is the sensible way to deal with requests in a world filled with monsters.

The MC is boring as fuck and "too cool for you"

Konosuba and that one where the MC enter to a videogame who has tons of bugs and traps (forgot the name)

There's nothing wrong with an adventurer's guild, it's necessary to gather and pay strong and useful people.

Got a link?

Being an adventurer is basically just being a freelancer.

Hush don't ruin everyone fun at shitting at nips for managing to score their dream job of writing what they actually like and be rich due to that.

Release that Witch has no game mechanics of any kind.

If you don't mind a bit of edge in your isekai, Dungeon Defense uses vidya as a basis for its world and in the first couple chapters to emphasize how shitty MC is at fighting, and thereafter takes absolutely no part in the story at all. MC and associated characters never bring up stats or abilities and must win through a combination of wits and being gigantic assholes. This is a story about mind games and scheming. A lot of fun because even the characters you thought were one dimensional are anything but.

Another slightly edgy story, Katahane no Riku is a story based on a dating sim game where MC is an unimportant pseudo love interest to the real MC during the games story. A japanese boy reincarnates into the games hero role, and throws our MC away after she serves her purpose in the games story. MC proceeds to literally sacrifice the japanese part of her soul to a devil and completely wrecks the storys intended path by killing off love interests and working for the demon army. While MC does not grow much as a character, the story is told with many chapters from other peoples POVs, and they are the characters that either develop or die during the story. MC is just a catalyst for that change, and the main villain (isekai'd hero) undergoes a lot of change from unsympathetic asshole to actual human being as everything burns around him.

If you like your MCs stuggling against OP isekai'd heros, Akuyaku Reijo Ni Koi Wo Shite tells the story of a reincarnated slum kid who saves an unimportant noble who he comes to be friends with despite the world despising cross class relationships of any kind. He eventually falls in love with that nobles sister who is the main villain of the Otome game the world is based on. MC must try to protect her from an isekai'd romcom heroine who the world keeps alive through sheer plot armor.

I cant imagine many of those fuckers are rich. Maybe a handful of them with real successful series but I bet most are just scratching a living or doing it as a hobby.

/tg/ wrote a story once.

The ones Sup Forums pay attention to and keep complaining about are the rich and successful ones.

And it was terrible.

>Dungeon Defense

I read up until vol 3, I was a bit disappointed the MC barely resembles Leouluche, and getting "edgier", I mean I don't mind MC being evil or anything when there exists a grand goal to be achieved. In this case, I don't see any goal.

Why can't the MC just say fuck that and join the Merchant's guild then hire adventurers to stab people for him.

>The MC is boring as fuck and "too cool for you"
only read the manga yet, he changes little by little
but yeah, in the beginning I guess no one likes him

It really bothers me how they're adding a new girl to the harem every single volume. The older girls are starting to devolve into useless background characters.

Is there any isekai where the most powerful warrior/mage/whatever besides MC also comes from another world? like his predecessor

In defense of MC: everyones evil, full stop. If MC just holed up in some corner, he would die just from the machinations of the other demon lords. Humanity is filled with assholes that are just as bad as the demon side. There is no real "good" in the world of Dungeon Defense, and MCs world conquering is quite literally the only way he can keep the factions in check and keep himself alive.

Slave Harem -Mc just wants to live a comfy life while fucking his slaves
Overlord -MC is an Autistic ronery faggot but doesnt pussy out
Risou no Himo Seikatsu -MC gets ported by a hot Queen that promises him to live a lazy neet life, he fucks and impregnates her and then gets into political BS
My two mothers are son cons VOL1 - MC is a military engineer, gets reincarnated into half elf prince without powers, mans up and kills a bunch of dragons, VOL 2 shits the bed.

Kono Sekai ga Game da to Ore dake ga Shitteiru is the name you are looking for

where are the updates, did it died?

What really bugs me it is the RPG's skillset.

>Damage reduction
>Elemental Resistance.
>Proficient in dagger/sword/lance
>HP regeneration

Can they be more uncreative?

Sono mono, the little sister got isekaid and went on to create a giant company that sells everything called Amason.

But shes just part of the harem though.

>My two mothers

Explain further.

Isn't it more that we're in the introduction phase? We haven't even seen all the characters in the premonition chapter in the WN, not sure it's in the LN version. Just from that chapter alone I can say we're a long way a head before we get off the introduction phase not to mention the plot hook for Liliana's father, the furry nun and the loli dwarf.

isekaimahou.wordpress.com/chapter-16-enticing-ultramarine/

He has an elf mom and a human mom, they are both busty
The Elf mom sleeps naked with him and is over protective.
The human mom is a Tyranical Edgelord Tsundere that murders people for fun.

>new girls always get added, the older girls become cardboard cut outs

I havent seen any Isekai do this well, aside from Slave Harem, it updates one new chapter every 6 months.

My google breaks when it is about a mango.

>tfw Speedrun isekai became a thing
Meme magic never dissapoints does it?

Why? it gave you accurate results

twitter.com/ichiro_sakaki/status/894173935771582464
Outbreak Company's author wanted to make creative race, editor told him to stop and keep it simple, like a slime, orc, goblin, a template race that the readers are familiar with without any description, because a work that doesn't need the reader to use their head is what sells.

>Parents die
>Live alone with pet burd
>Burd dies of old age
>Burd gets Isekaid into super hot OP Holy Maiden
>Transports MC to parallel world cause burd loved MC very much.

>find a non-isekai series
sounds good
>fantasy setting
ok, yeah we're getting somewhere.
>hero has hp, mp, str, dex, int, etc.
THE FUCK YOU SAY!

A few days ago someone posted a page from an H-manga isekai. It was a list of how many times MC has banged each girl in the 4 months since he arrived. The artstyle was really sloppy and unpolished but still looked good.
Anyone know sauce?

It should still be up on 1d4chan. let me see if i can't track it down for you

you mean the best isekai ever?

So does MC betray her love by getting a harem?

Just read this manga, and I have to say it really drops the ball and ignores some of the best jokes that are in the original. Damn shame.

isekaintr.wordpress.com/when-i-was-summoned-to-another-world-likes-ntr-skill-appeared/

>MC got isekai'd by goddess of darkness
>He got blessed with cheat skill "Gunner" but also cursed with "Likes NTR"
>If MC have sex with girl she will get cursed too, also he can only have sex 1 day per week
>But mc doesn't know that at first and so he got 1 girl cursed
>The girl is half human / half dragon, so she have sexual need as strong as dragon, and sexual desire as strong as human
>The girl is cursed by curse of "Immorality"
>They're travelling to land of darkness to undo the curse, and so on the day other than day of darkness, stuff happen.

I dont know what you are talking about.

its fluffy pure love, so no harem.

it's called "stranded in fantasy"
mega.nz/#!l1cGQKyL!vKT6n6W7MLeJUMZrqL-u2RC2lKd7dOCYRnlWH6yVQ7k
unfortunately it's only partially formatted. If you care to, there should still be an archive of the threads up on suptg.

Thanks senpai

This is why shoujo isekai is better. Pic related. Two cute isekai protags make it double the enjoyment.

Now that I think about it, youjo senki is the only one I know of, any recs?

If you dont mind female protags Kumo Desu Ga, Nani ka? Is amazing.

>Two

Not posting 3 cute Isekai protags.

No problem, kohai-kun.