Would Naruto be considered a classic if it had ended at Land of Waves arc? (Assuming Sasuke actually died.)

Would Naruto be considered a classic if it had ended at Land of Waves arc? (Assuming Sasuke actually died.)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HnC6tnSwS_Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

no. that arc wasnt even that good.

I remember in 2006 when I was in middle school and my friend told me that sasuke actually died and was brought back because he was the last uchiha.

I had friends who loved to lie about the dumbest things for no reason.

Nah, but it would've been better than the ending we got which isn't really saying much since the writing went to complete dogshit in Part 2.

no. that would've made for too abrupt an ending and make no sense to end on some random ass villain without any series closure. besides, that's implying that the best arc wasn't the chunin exams

No it was boring ass shounen and the art is shite

Nah man chunin exams bruh

Possibly the most overrated arc in shonen, not even the best arc in part I Naruto.

>Would a series have been classic if it ended after 1 arc?

No, because we would all be wondering why this new series lasted all of 33 chapters. I mean Jump's worst ranking series normally at least make it a year before getting canned

Only if it had more kimono Haku

Should have ended with something other than retarded ayy lmaos and a fucking blob being the mastermind behind everything.

Proper ending for naruto would've been this:

>keep everything up until the defeat of Pain
>paper girl dies
>Obito backstabs Sasuke
>everyone vs. Obito
>obligatory naruto vs. sasuke
Fin. Fuck that stupid ass war

Ideally Tobi is never Obito or Uchiha. After Pain, they focus on Naruto vs Sasuke then it ends.

>no. that arc wasnt even that good.
You've got to be kidding me, it's great

>implying he wasn't

What abou turning Orochimaru into an ACTUAL fucking villain, and change things at the Sound Four arc? No timeskip bullshit.

>Jump's worst ranking series normally at least make it a year before getting canned
No, they don't, what the fuck? Less than a third of the series in Jump survive a year.

>tournament arc being the best

but seriously I love the chunin exams, its just that a lot of other anime doing shitty tournament arcs made me more aware of the faults

What would've been an actual good point to cut naruto off?

At the neck.

t. Sasuke

At the first episode.

>that arc wasnt even that good.

That arc had more lore shooting out then the Chunin "Nobody passed except Shadow Guy" Exams.

As a manga, you're probably right
I think anime gave it a substantial boost in quality though. The overall direction is just very solid.
I've been thinking of re-watching it for nostalgia's sake, but also to verify whether it was that good or is it just my teenage nostalgia speaking.

Parts of the anime filler was made cannon. It also did an amazing job of fleshing out the side characters that never got much attention.

That arc is what turned Naruto into a worldwide phenomenon.

This too, maybe.

It would've been a classic if the Ninja War arc didn't exist.

The series was solid up to the end of the pain arc, maybe the 5 kage meeting arc. If Kishimoto pushed hard enough, I bet he could've ended it there. It sure felt like it was about to. Sasuke killed Itachi, learned the truth and was off to finally exact revenge on the real culprit, Danzo, and Naruto, beating Pain, was finally accepted by the village.

It really felt like Kishi were gearing up for a finale with Tobi as the final boss, with kabuto on his side. and it was going that way for a while, before it stretched to the fucking years of nothing that was the ninja war arc. Seriously.

Sasuke was never going to die. If any of you were smart, you'd realize this instead of blaming poor story telling

It would have been considered decent, the entire story fell to shit afterwards.

I don't think it did, whenever people talk about it the land of waves arc is the last thing they ever talk about, shit baffles my mind

this, there are no 33 chapters classics in manga, if it's to short people there isn't enough there for people to lend out and talk about, the shrotest classics I can think of are Tezuka's one-shots, and that's less to do with the manga and more that it was Tezuka who wrote them.

Due to how short it would be it would became a cult classic at best

>shit baffles my mind
I think it's perfectly understandable.
It's the first arc, and rather insignificant to the central conflicts, serving more as development for Naruto and Sauce, development which ultimately doesn't weigh a whole lot, and exposition for basic mechanics of the world.
It is a good arc and story, but considering the entirety of Naruto not a terribly relevant one after the series time-skipped and went on for hundreds of chapters.
And if it is the proper narutards that are discussing Naruto all they remember to talk about is power levels, shipping, filler and fanfics.
I don't see remembrance and respect for land of waves outside of Sup Forums, granted I don't encounter anime discussion much in the first place.

Narutards sure love making retarded threads.

because its all the shitty bandwagon people who probably wear those headbands in real life.

They'll likely have the large ninja battles between their favorite characters be their favorite part for no reason other than that, and i'm saying that thinking of many battlesthat were absolutely great.

>Zabuza and Haku vs Team 7
>Rock Lee vs Gaara
>Sandaime vs Orichimaru
>Jiraiya vs Pain
>Madara vs Everyone (aka Meteoric Boogaloo)
>Might Guy vs Madara
>Naruto vs Sasuke last fight

what i'm really trying to say is that their favorite part is likely a great show of power and they'll talk about how awesome it was. My favorite part of the series is still Zabuza cutting through that mob with nothing but a kunai in his mouth, not just because of it's "awesomeness" but what it represents: A fallen yet determined man about to die avenging his comrade and finishing his mission.

That is the best part, not ZOMG SASUGEY HAS DA MANGOKYO SAHRINGAN

Probably at the point where it stopped being about ninjas, and instead Gods shooting lasers at each other using eyehacks.

It possibly would be, I do think. As a teen I remembered thinking after watching what came after the 1st arc: "I hope it gets as good as the Land of the Wave arc again"

The Chuunin exam and the invasion of Konoha was still quite good, but after that a decline started to set in.

Although the real decline happened with Part II.

This was also a missed opportunity. Orochimaru was a great villain and could've been amazing, but for some reason many aspects of his character (immortality search, learning all jutsu/techniques) were adopted by new villains. It robbed him of his mystique and the series became more generic.

I truly believe the nail in the coffin was when Sasuke "killed" Orochimaru. One of the major effects of that drastic change in the story was all the build up of Naruto trying to save him from Orochimaru was completely undone. It's like the writer suddenly decided to drop what had been built up for over 250 chapters.

To be fair to Naruto as a series, it was never about "ninjas". That term was used because the flavor of the world was fantasy with Japanese elements, and some abilities that are attributed to ninjas in stories were utilized as their abilities.
If you look beyond the nomenclature of Naruto, they're pretty much battlemages from the get go, only Japanese flavored ones as opposed to western-styled fantasy.
That god level bullshit was the result of your typical battle shonen power creep

A better question is: Why come how those rice niggers don't make any good niptoons with ninjas etc instead of just stupid wizards, wacky monsters, etc.
Imagine Naruto written more in the style of Berserk, and without an author that takes a year off every other day.

Pain arc. Jiraya's death was the high point and while it would require a fair number of changes to avoid any dangling plotlines it would work very well in the end once they're all taken care of.

I was so disappointed that it just went back to normal after Nardo defeated Pain. When he was received by the villagers and finally realized that they all recognized him, i thought things would start to change a bit.
The only other time he looked that cool was when he foxcloaked and saved a gay couple from obitos beast bombs, making Kakashi confuse him for the 4th for a second.
Shounen always does this, it's too quick to move forward, and never stops to reflect on change and instead ignores it and moves on to the next big bad of the week.

If Sauce died it would've been entirely Naruto's fault. It might have been interesting to see how that would've impacted on his development.

Here: youtube.com/watch?v=HnC6tnSwS_Y

except Konan kills Obito