Full Metal Panic

So we all know that Gonzo did a better job than Kyoani, but how will Xebec compare?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=X1vKwhQ6qP8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>how will the studio that made the best space opera, the best mecha franchise, the best ecchi adaptation and the best sports anime do?
Xebec can do no wrong.

In the end it will be Kyoani > Xebec > Gonzo

Pretty much.

I'm a few episodes from the end but I've been wholly underwhelmed by the Gonzo series so far.

Haven't seen KyoAni's yet.

>I'm a few episodes from the end but I've been wholly underwhelmed by the Gonzo series so far.

KyoAni's is better.

It's a robot anime, but Gonzo makes you hate whenever the robots actually appear on-screen and you wish for it to end ASAP so you can return to Sousuke's shenanigans.
KyoAni's Second Raid makes the action scenes well animated and enjoyable to watch. Then there's Fumoffu, but that's practically proto-Nichijou for them, same feal with tons of jokes strung out with good animation.

>proto-nichijou
Both shows are adaptations, there is no link with nichijou

Does Kyoani give Chidori as much charm as Gonzo? That's the only thing that matters to me to be honest

XEBEC's Arbalest looks much better
People need to stop looking at Kyoani like they're some miracle studio, everything they've made for a decade has been mediocre.

Looks the same

Yes.

the mechs will probably be cgi so no

>So we all know that Gonzo did a better job than Kyoani
I've been seeing this meme a lot since the new season announcement. What gives?

Irrational and unfounded Kyoani hate

I'm not a retard, user.

I'm just saying that it's something in a similar vein to that and completely unlike the rest of FMP!.

TSR's pacing wasn't as good as the first season, and Gonzo doesn't have the reputation KyoAni does.
I think Gonzo did an excellent job on the first season, albeit with too many panty shots (which is typical of Gonzo).
I'll admit that KyoAni's animation was probably better overall than Gonzo's, but it was still pretty good at times.
So I'd say 50% nature of the source material and 50% kyoani hate.

Xebec will not fail.

Studio wars in general is fucking terrible, and OP/people alike should fuck off back to Sup Forums with their dumb tribalism.

>TSR's pacing wasn't as good as the first season
That's not KyoAni's fault. Indeed it was GONZO's fault. Gonzo changed the canon story as to wreck the plot, and Gaoh the author had to personally create brand new stories early on in TSR to drag the plot back on track. And this was what made the 3rd season possible.

If we leave it to Gonzo, FMP anime would have started and died with the 1st season.

Fumoffu is nothing like Nichijou. Fumoffu is funny, Nichijou is painfully unfunny.

>Fumoffu is funny, Nichijou is painfully unfunny.
This, except reverse

thicc

Nichijou isn't funny.

Yes it is

Xebec also did Pandora Hearts though.

>albeit with too many panty shots
There are never enough panty shots, user.

How well did Sigma do with relation to the novels' plot?

I still haven't started season 2 since I heard it drops off from there and the drama is shit. Rewatching season is a pain since I already know what happens. Should I finish watching season 1 or jump straight to season 2? I feel like it's not natural to start at s2 since there would be some things I don't remember from s1.

I'm fucking terrified.

It looks great though.
youtube.com/watch?v=X1vKwhQ6qP8

I'm hyped.

CHIDORI IS SO FUCKING PERFECT
WHY DONT THEY MAKE ANIME GIRLS LIKE THIS ANYMORE

Just skip to season 2, there's a new villain and Gauron only makes a cameo

Besides Gauron, I don't think anything from S1 carry over. Unless you want fresh your mind on what "Black Tech" and similar technobabble means. S2 (not Fumoffu) introduces the antagonists that stays there for the rest of the series.

Not about the show
I just needed an outlet for losing my job..
Show looks promising.

>check reactions on different sites when new season was revealed
>familiar nicknames from over decade ago

Rosario Vampire, it's shit also animated by gonzo, had >1 panty shot per minute.
That's too many.

You have to admit that for something like RV, it's needed.

I guess it might make it an easier pill to swallow for some people.
Frankly, I didn't like it either way.
Didn't stop me from reading the equally shit manga, though.

>Didn't stop me from reading the equally shit manga, though.
Yeah, I know that feeling. Though I will say RH and its counterparts are nice reads after reading/watching something "heavy." Such simple atmosphere really helps the soul.

TSR felt way more "cinematic," there's no doubt about it. The first season is a passable mecha anime, the second one is a proper militaristic thriller. The third season still has the usual chara-designer and Gatou on the scripts so it'll be the old FMP one way or another, but I'm curious about the director who apparently did some work on Eva 2.0 and 3.0. I'm feeling quite optimistic about Xebec handling the job.

Thanks. I'll watch both simultaneously but I'll definitely start s2 now.

Who is the best girl, and why is it Mao?

>How well did Sigma do with relation to the novels' plot?
Pretty well, infinitely better than the first manga series which adapted the first three novels.

no its not

Pretty sure authors dont give a shit about how much anime mangles the story for the simple reason they arent bound by the anime in any way or form and most of the time its get adapted when the novels are 6+ volumes into that would be impossible anyway.

In the case of FMP though, Gatoh has been the writer for every single adaptation.

So when is the new season out ?
2018 spring, right ?

Fall

It was delayed to 2018

Tessa best girl

Nice desu ne.
I will say that I wish Sousuke decided to be that mechanic girl. I'm pissed I can't remember her name.

Thank you jesus. It gives me time do a re-watch.

>I will say that I wish Sousuke decided to be that mechanic girl. I'm pissed I can't remember her name.
I can, but it hurts to say it. That chain of events was heartwrenching in the manga, I wonder how the anime will do it. Nami by the way.

They've got Jean Reno in it,
it's gotta be good

Why are there so many Chidorifags in this thread? Where the Tessafags at?

>spoiler
Bless you, user. She will always be best girl. Maybe I should re-read the manga too so I can cry again.

>Pretty sure authors dont give a shit about how much anime mangles the story
Then you literally know nothing about the Full Metal Panic anime. For that matter you know nothing about Gatoh, who had really taken up anime scripting duties personally. And also how it is his passion that finally got FMP 3 in production. You are talking general shows, not specific cases.

>Why are there so many Chidorifags in this thread? Where the Tessafags at?
Tessa lost for so long that most of her fans have moved on. It's not like we are still debating about ships, we know how the show ended.

I'm curious whether Khara staff is going to end up working on it. 2199 had a lot of Khara staff on it and the same animation producer is on FMP.

This looks fucking great.

How shall I cook this up into a good reation image, user-sempais?

its amazing how nearly identical this looks to second raid, seems like the current staff really gives a shit.

TBQH I don't give a shit about the LN plots and if the anime "mangles" them it's a-ok because the fact is, from a neutral perspective, the anime delivered. It was best hard-scifi mecha anime in a decade, the first season was fantastic and one of the few shows where mecha fight scenes actually felt visceral and sort of real. I love KyoAni but they smoothed things out a little and this new series seems to sand off the rough edges even more.

I am not saying it looks bad but it sure doesn't have the Chidori look down.

>TBQH

>TBQH I don't give a shit about the LN plots and if the anime "mangles" them
Well then FMP would not exist past season 1.

We want to maintain continuity not because of some purity reason, but because we want proper sequels. Not caring about the source material is why several anime adaptations stopped dead after season 1, or turned into slapstick that goes nowhere. When you change the story, you KILL sequels.

Are all the girls going to be extremely soft and thicc now, with horrible cg to boot? I was extremely disappointed with how Triage X turned out and I hope they won't butcher FMP in a similar fashion.

The preview images looked pretty accurate.

Do people actually like this show? It looks like liquid vomit, like everything from the early/mid 2000s, and the characters are all cardboard cutouts except there's no excuse like there was in the 90s. Nothing ages worse than 00s anime