3x3 thread

3x3 thread

2/3, but I think I'd enjoy The Cat Returns if I were ever to watch it. Very visually crowded presentation, though.

2/3 but very nice 3x3 design

you are bad
+NHK, TTGL
+/-Haruhi, Higurashi
-Gayass, Sakurasou
++Bebop
+Erin, Tutu, Shiki, SSY

2/3
-Code Geass
Also, is that a Tekken anime in the top left? I never knew the series got one.
2/3
-Now and Then, Here and There
3/3

The tekken anime is bad in a so bad it's good kind of way. Definitely watch with friends.

2.5/8
jesus dude, TEKKEN!? that shit was trash
6/6

>Char's Counterattack

5/7
-flcl, monogatari
3/4
-haruhi

Are VN's allowed or just anime and manga?

Dragon Ball represents Kai and Super
Will most likely replace TTGL with Steins;Gate once I watch the anime (only played the VN).

>DB
>Kill la Kill
>Boku no Hero
You must be either new to anime or just having colossal shit taste in general.

you seem like the kinda guy who would give a cashier a monologue after ordering a coffee

5/5

3/4
4/4
1/1
/m///m/
5/5
5/6
3/3

It's pretty obvious you guys are new and have shit taste and that your putting in shows that are safe around here together with your plebshit.

7/8
mai niggah
what's on the upper left?
8/8 its gr8 m8
8/8
7/7

>Anime
1. Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
2. Monogatari Series Second Season
3. Psycho-Pass
4. Hunter x Hunter (2011)
5. Toradora
6. FLCL
7. Berserk (1997)
8. Kill la Kill
9. Evangelion
(Imagine Kaiji being somewhere in between)

>Manga
1. Ichi the Killer
2. Deadman Wonderland
3. Goblin Slayer
4. Tokyo Ghoul
5. One Punch Man
6. Boku no Hero Academia
7. Blade of the Immortal
8. Yotsuba to!
9. Berserk

7/7
6/7 Didn't care for Shiki all that much
10/12
9/9
7/7
8/9
4/4
16/17

Quit being a salty samefag because other people like things as you

+TTGL
+/-Dragonball
-CG
+SSY,Shiki
+/-Now and Then
+Angel's Egg,Utena,Penguindrum
++Eva,Kenshin
+Magnetic Rose,Katanagatari,Utena,Escaflowne
+/-Gunsmith cats
++EoE
+Ping Pong,KLK
+/-dragonball
-Zeta Gundam
++Eva
+Katanagatari
+KLK,Ping Pong,Monogatari
+/-Gunsmith cats
++Eva,Gankutsuou Kenshin
+Princess Mononoke,Katanagatari,GITS:SAC

ok

butt top left got me diamonds

Mine is bigger.

8/9
tekken movie for life
1/2
have been watching the twelve kingdoms for over 10 years now and I am yet to finish it.
0/2
this is not 3x3 but alright taste non the less
0/9
1/5
gurren lagann is good
2/6
I like boku no reddit academia but saying it's one of your favorites is a bit of an exaggeration
2/8
you sure do like battle shounen
2/2 god tier taste
can't tell if it's k-on or tamako market. pretty bad taste except for that one slot
1/9 on the anime front tengen toppa gurren lagann a good
don't you find the opm manga is a tad boring? saitama is the best part about it but they don't focus on him for shit.
0/5 mononoke is the worst miyazaki film and the manga chapters about tomoe are way better

6/9 I want to stack CC's ass on Haruhi's and go from asshole to asshole.

Behold; shit taste

+NGE, Tex, Haibane

++Mononoke
+FLCL, NGE, Spice

+TTGL, Monogatari, Toradora, KLK, NGE, Yotsuba
-Psycho Pass

++K-On!, Tatami, Ping Pong, Nichibros
+KLK, Yuru Yuri, Nisekoi, FLCL
+/- Flip Floppers

+NGE, Katanagatari

+NGE, TTGL, KLK
-F/Z

Oh hey I'm watching Dirty Pair right now
++Tatami, Ping Pong
+KLK, NGE

+NGE, Katana, Escaflowne

++Hyouka
+FLCL, Only Yesterday, CCS manga (never seen the anime)
-Penguindrum

+Cowboy Beeboop
Never did finish Erin

++The Cat Returns, Haruhi
+CG, TTGL
-NHK, Sakurada or whatever it was, Higurashi

+NHK
+/- Code Geass

++ Angel's Egg

+ Memories I, EVA, Rurouni Kenshin

++Tatami, Ping Pong
+EVA

++ Ping Pong, Tatami
+EVA

+ EoE, Berserk
+/- Fate Zero

++ Tatami, Ping Pong
+ FLCL

+ Berserk, NGE

+ EVA, Rurouni Kenshin
+/- Mononoke

++ Texhonlyze
+ EVA
I really need to watch Haibane Renmei

+ Mushishi, Natsume, Lain

5/5
2/2
3/3
3/3
3/3
3/5
4/4
4/4
2/2

>Char's Counterattack

5/8 though I can't say I appreciate you being a nagatofag so if you think that kyon's denwa doesn't belong inside of haruhi I'm taking it down to a 4/8

Screencaps or fanart?

2/5
3/3
5/7
5/6
3/4
6/8
4/6
5/9

>You will immediately cease and not continue to access the site if you are under the age of 18.

Also, what's with all the morons adding Gunsmith Cats? It's a 3ep OVA idiots, go read the manga.

oh yes I am 70 years old and the only anime I like are legend of the galactic heroes, astroboy, ashita no joe, eva, and porco rosso.

If you are implying that's a good comeback from babies' first anime on your 3x3, you really should lurk the fuck more.

I only watch mature anime for mature people like me

I hate to be mr. I have an obscure taste but how many people's first anime is the tekken OVA? Or Higurashi? Higurashi hype died years ago. History of Trunks is one of the least watched DB movies despite being the best thing about the series. Besides, many popular shows like ttgl and code geass are popular because of how great they are.

Watch more anime.

Reminder that if you have any of the folowing games in your 3x3
>any Valve game that's not Half-Life 1 or 2
>any MOBA
>any MMO
>any Persona game
>any CoD game
>any Battlefield game
>any Halo game
>any Killzone game
>any Dead Space game
>Nier Automata
>any 3D Sonic save for Generations and Colors
>any overly weabooish JRPG like Neptunia and Disgaea
>Fallout 3
>any wrestling game
>any realistic sport game (Fifa, PES etc)
>any TES that's not Daggerfall or Morrowind
>any LoZ game that came out after Twilight Princess or is on the DS and 3DS
>any Arma game
>any zombie survival game in general
>FTL
>Nuclear Throne
>any Pokemon game
>any Castlevania that's not 1, 3, Rondo of Blood, SotN or Aria of Sorrow
>any God of War game
>any Spyro and Crash game that's not part of its respective PS1 trilogy
>any Witcher game
>any Souls game that's not Demon's or Dark Souls 1
>Final Fantasy X and onwards
>any MGS past 3
>Metal Gear Rising
>Crysis
>nu-Doom
>Doom 3
>Transistor
>any realistic racing game (NFS, Gran Turismo, Forza etc)
>The Last of Us
>any multiplayer FPS
>any Bioshock game
>any multiplayer oriented ARPG
>any Jak, Ratchet & Clank or Sly game
>any Batman Arkham game
>any Mass Effect game
>any GTA game
>any visual novel
>Binding of Isaac
>Super Meat Boy
>any game that has only multiplayer
>any Saints Row game
>any inFAMOUS game
>Undertale
>any Far Cry game
>any Mortal Kombat game
>any overly simplistic game (Tetris, Pac-Man etc)
you should refrain from posting in these threads

Where is the cut off point to watched a lot of anime?
I've watched 116 shows now. Haven't watched any single core that isn't fully adapted. I've also dropped dozens of shows.

> Nier Automata
> Metal Gear Rising

I kindly ask you to hang yourself

>The Last of Us
Damn I was so close.
Guess I won't post in Sup Forums 3x3 threads :^)

At least 300 franchises used to be the standard, but looking at this thread it's probably 30 by now.

>I've also dropped dozens of shows.
When you figure out what's your niche and favorite author/staff this should stop happening.

The OVA is better than the manga by a country mile.

You have no idea how much focusing on action and comedy improves it.

See

++ TTGL
+ NHK, Haruhi
Don't care for: Cat Retuns, CG, Higurashi
++ Erin, Tutu, Now and Then, Bebop
+ Shinsekai Yori
DCF: Shiki, Cona
++ FLCL, Angel's Egg, Kare Kano, Utena, Mawaru
+ Bake
DCF: Only Yesterday
++ Utena, Eva, Katanagatari
+ Oniisama e, Paranoia Agent, Memories, Patlabor, Escaflowne, Ruroni, Thunderbolt Fantasy
DCF: Gunsmith Cats
+ Macross
DCF: CCA, Votoms
++ Tatami, FLCL, Bebop, EoE, TTGL
+ Bake, Ping Pong, Rakugo
DCF: KnK
++ EoE, Tatami
+ Ping Pong, KLK, Space Dandy
DCF: BnH, Dirty Pair, Zeta
++ EoE, Berserk, TTGL
+ KLK
DCF: HxH, Eden, Fate
++ Eva, Katana
+ Baccano, Kaiji
++ FLCL, Ergo Proxy, Tatami
+ Bake, Kill la Kill, Flip Flappers, Ping Pong
DCF: Daily Lives,, Gunsmith Cats, K-on
++ Eva, Berserk, TTGL, FLCL
+ Bake, KLK
DCF: Tora, HxH, Psycho-Pass, OPM, Yotsuba
++ Eva, Mononoke, SAC, Katana, Ganktutsuou, FLCL
+ Spice and Wolf
DCF: Tale of Genji, Outlaw Star
++ Mononoke, Tex, Haibane, Casshern, Eva
+ Monster, Fantastic Children
DCF: Ryvius
Nice
++ Mushi, Lain
DCF: Natsume, Koe no Katachi, K-on, Lucky Star, Joshiraku, Mage's chick
++ Angel's Egg, Perfect Blue, Millennium Actress
+ FMA, Akira, Ghost in the Shell, Jin-rou

>300
I don't think it's really worth watching that much. Recently after crossing the 1000 mark I wend over and check how many of the anime were worth while in the end. Got only 200 titles from that.

superior taste incoming

guilty crown isn't even popular with disillusioned weeaboos

Guilty Crown is simply too intellectually complex for your brain to comprehend. You need an IQ of 140 at the very least to enjoy and savor its deepness.

At the 800 mark Is have 200 entries rated at a 7 or above. I'd say there was certainly 300 worth watching out there as there are plenty of enjoyable series that you might not necessarily score very highly but had a fun time watching it or shows that are influential or popular that you can appreciate in a greater context and might deepen your appreciation for other shows you enjoyed. Besides, most people don't just watch 300 good series, they watch a mixture of shit and quality content, just as you obviously have, so 300 is just the base frame of reference recommended for you to have seen to have some sort of perspective on what you're talking about.

>+ FMA
Which one is it?

go easy on me

4/9 watch more anime

The 200 isn't just the best I've seen. There are shows that when forced to rate them I might even give them an 8 but I just don't really care about them that much in the first place. My list also did include influential stuff, I might have not put 0079, Macross or Sailor Moon for their content alone but they worth while since they were so influential they made an impact on my perception of other shows.

I thought top-right is fma.

all me

Is there any good place to make mosaics? BigHuge isn't working for me.

ms paint

>I watched a digibro once or twice
my 3x3 has non of the shows in your picture

I didn't have a single one of those shows on my 3x3. What gives?

People hear ideas they agree with then pretend they came up with them on their own. Some JewTuber made a video about why 3x3 threads suck and ever since idiots have been shitting these threads

5/9
3/9
6/9
4/9
Harem/9

add a line about loving mediocre kids shows, then it's accurate.

>Paranoia Agent
It's Millenium Actress. My fault for picking an obscure image.

moeshit is garbage though

The thing is, Digibro's main point wasn't anything g that hadn't been said to death in these threads before, but his ultimate way of expressing it was fucking retarded. People have been saying for quite a while that these threads have gotten a bit boring with a lot of shows appearing frequently in people's favorites and a lack of variety, but only a fucking autistic retard would jump to the conclusion that these people must be lying about their favorites to try and impress anonymous users because there isn't some immediate, vapid throughline for someone to immediately point to like "There's a lot of things going on!"

Actual discussion would improve these threads significantly.

Even if that discussion was just someone having to defend their favourites, it would be more interesting than just rating other posts and leaving.

Oh, it's actually GitS 2: Innocence

I'm a shonenbabby, what would you recommend to me?

4/4 - Toradora,KLK,OPM,CG
3/3 - CCS,Monogatari,Madoka
2/2 - LS, KnK
3/3 - Mono,Toradora,KLK

then start actual discussion. be the change you want to see in these threads.

>but only a fucking autistic retard would jump to the conclusion that these people must be lying about their favorites to try and impress anonymous users
Absolutely disagreed. I don't watch digibro/didn't watch the video in question, but I think it's fairly obvious that this is something of a factor. Regardless whether the users here are anonymous, there's still a culture here aons want to fit into, and these threads are largely based around ranking/scoring each other. Do you want to be the guy posting "latest harem anime #33" or the guy ranked for posting something generally respected like Lain/NHK?

It's the other way around, people who have those kinds of taste feel at home here. I mean if you're a fan of those kinds of shows what better thread for it is there?

hello
i am bringing good taste

It's anonymous; no one's anyone here. Obviously you'll get shit if you post something like pic related in a 3x3 thread, but you don't have to carry the stigma. Similarly, even if you post an "approved" 3x3, you're not exactly scoring brownie points with anyone if you're anonymous. No one will ever know you're "the guy ranked for posting something generally respected".

These threads do largely converge onto a certain set of tastes, but I don't think it's because people are "pretending to like" things to fit in with the established base; I think it's more that the only people who would visit these threads are ones already inclined towards that taste set.

>It's anonymous; no one's anyone here. Obviously you'll get shit if you post something like pic related in a 3x3 thread, but you don't have to carry the stigma. Similarly, even if you post an "approved" 3x3, you're not exactly scoring brownie points with anyone if you're anonymous. No one will ever know you're "the guy ranked for posting something generally respected".

But it has nothing to do with getting carried over to other threads, or remembered by anons here. It's a very quick burst of endorphins and acceptance. "Oh, that user gave me an 8/10, I can feel good about my taste" - that kind of thing. It's about here and now for the ~500 posts the thread lasts, and hoping that you're not someone everyone else is ranking/scoring low. I know I specifically haven't put a few things on my list because I was sure some user would call me out for shit taste.

>I think it's more that the only people who would visit these threads are ones already inclined towards that taste set
Don't get me wrong - I think this is part of it too. But not all of it.

Don't worry, Haruhi is my god.
I just think that pic fits in my 3x3
Also, that scene was beautiful

i honestly feel better about somebody complimenting how my 3x3 looks rather than what ratings i get for my taste.

Did you ever stop to consider these threads, which represent a small demographic of people on a website which appeals to a certain subset of fans of the subject in question, might attract similar types of people with similar sort of priorities? I wouldn't put Lain or NHK on a 3x3, but you can bet people would say that my 3x3 was trying to do what you're claiming because it has NGE, LotGH, and TTG on it. It's could probably take any random number of shows from my top 100 even and get the same results. This post here for example is calling out mosaics that have no shows in common with the others. It isn't as if people put the same 9 shows over and over, they put some overlapping shows out of a selection of nearing upwards of 100 shows. I'd have no problem putting some generic seasonal harem on my mosaic if I really enjoyed it enough to put in the top 1% of shows I've ever seen.

When people say that somebody is lying about enjoying good shows, it just comes off as them being insecure. Even fucking Digibro's mosaic was boring as fuck standard shit you'd see in these threads with the sole exception of Log Horizon which even then was pretty frequentnon mosaics back not long after it originally aired. It comes off as projecting on the part of the person complaining that people must be lying about their favorites because they can't understand why somebody would like these typically good, similar shows. Who certainly would have thought someone who liked Texhnolyze might like Lain, Mushish, or NHK, they must be lying to impress people. Besides, if you were going to lie about your taste to impress people, you'd probably post shit like Sabu and Ichi, Dougram, shit thats more obscure and less frequently posted than the shows you think people are lying about enjoying. Your mentality is just asinine.

Who gives a shit tryhard

>Don't get me wrong - I think this is part of it too. But not all of it.
It is pretty much. If you like those "latest harem anime" you mentioned you just hang out in threads related to those, waifu threads, /c/ etc. People come these threads and if they see other 3x3s have shows they enjoy, they post their own. If they don't they either don't post here in the first place and a minority does anyways and gets ostracized. Because of that they stop posting in the end anyways.

Also, I don't think you give enough credit to the fact that people will rarely favorite the shows that don't really fit into the shows posted here. I mean yeah, people might enjoy them, but they rarely leave a strong enough impression for people to really love them.

There is a difference between wanting to fit in and lying.Though I can't be bothered to watch the video either so I don't know if that is what he really said.

1/5
6/7
(GTO isn't that great)
7/7
old/9
1/3
man fuck usagi drop
7/7
expand to mecha babbi
5/5
8/9
technoxylze kinda overrated
moe newfag shit/9
confusing tiles/9
5/5
not 9/9
bait/9
5/5
toward the terra? mai niggah!
5.5/7
haruhi ruins it, code geass half ruins it
oshii/9
(seriously though, 7/8 I don't like Jin Roh)
ass/9
is it wrong that I recognize all these asses ?
6/7
3/4
6/6
casshern sins yesss
6/7 wtf is bottom center
i can't tell who's doing this ironically and who's doing it unironically anymore

Your rows are getting better the further down you go

This is too complicated for normies to get

>Did you ever stop to consider these threads, which represent a small demographic of people on a website which appeals to a certain subset of fans of the subject in question, might attract similar types of people with similar sort of priorities?
Like I said, I do think that that's certainly part of it. But I still believe that people might replace a favorite or two in their box with a guaranteed "accepted" one because of the very petty, base desire to be accepted by the community in which they post. That's not saying that they don't like the show, but simply that it was included because they'd fit in better. I love NHK and FLCL, for example, but they show up so often in these threads (and are so often given +'s) that it felt to cheap to include it in mine. I post here and so it's something of a given that I like FLCL. I'm kind of looking at it from the opposite way you are.

Yeah, but what is "this kind of taste"?
>No one will ever know you're "the guy ranked for posting something generally respected"
You will.
>ones already inclined towards that taste set
But what is "that"?
>which appeals to a certain subset of fans of the subject in question
The subject in question being "having good taste".
>might attract similar types of people with similar sort of priorities
Of wanting to be regarded as having good taste.

>Yeah, but what is "this kind of taste"?
If you don't know what kind of taste then why are you refering to what people do in these threads? That's sort of a foundation for it.