On RWBY

Anyone else feel a sense of contempt for anime in RWBY? The writer seems to think you can make "An anime" in the sense that you can make "A western" or "A noir". You can't. Monty Oum gave his fellow writers "Anime homework" to watch and "Be inspired by", but you don't become an expert in the sci-fi genre by watching a Star Wars movie, three episodes of Star Trek, and one episode of Battlestar Galactica, and anything you try and make would just be a ripoff of those things. Anyone with any respect for anime as a visual medium could tell you that, but Monty Oum dissed anime in every interview I've seen so far, usually while claiming his own show was better for "Not having panty shots or wacky black characters". Didn't realize he wanted to impress the SJW crowd, but his show has plenty of panty shots and I can name plenty of anime that don't have "Wacky black characters". I can also name plenty of anime that didn't take FOUR FUCKING SEASONS WITH TWELVE EPISODES EACH to try and set up some kind of plot and then fucking flounder constantly because the writers still don't know what they're doing or where the series is going or why they keep retconning so much. Sure, combine the seasons and episodes into 2 seasons of 20-30 minute long episodes, to make the comparison more equal, then name one show that gets so much writing-related things so painfully wrong from start to finish, even losing what made it good halfway through(The fight scenes, RWBY's only redeeming feature) yet still thinks it's the hottest shit of all time.

Sure, nunchuk shotgun guy and sniper rifle scythe girl are cool and the fight scenes in this show are great and sometimes even fucking amazing when they aren't shit and full of reaction shots and characters standing around like idiots, and I know Monty's dead and all so it's a dick move to criticize this show, but I figured since I'd never get a decent discussion about this on a RWBY fan forum, I'd post it here.

Fuck off crossboarder

you massive faggot.

Nice blog

NOW HANG ON JUST A MINUTE

say that again in a few minutes after you get banned, i dare you

Fuck off back to Sup Forumsmblr

It's a shitty western web cartoon and not anime. No one gives a shit about your trash opinion on this garbage non-anime show.

I have no idea what you just said, but I want to fuck the blonde

But user, you can't fuck a cartoon

My opinion is doubles.

they have a japanese dub now

Can I have the white and red ones? They look like they go together

Who the fuck cares? MLP got a japanese dub does that make it Sup Forums related?

Not Sup Forums problem.

>My shit board is shittier than usual so I'm going to go shit up this one
Go fuck yourself

Come on Sup Forums, you should know by now how to deal with unwanted threads.

Lolispammer where are you?

Are you retarded?
>Sup Forums is having a fight
>making a new thread would take attention away from that fight

Since you're all anime fans, I figure we could have a DISS-CUSS-SHUN here. Or, you know, you could continue screaming at me like butthurt faggot children mad that the adult just entered their anime club and tried to talk to them about anime and something that tries too hard to be anime.

>coming to Sup Forums for calm and collected discussion

Sure, I'll agree with you that the writers seem to have no concept of where the plot is going, but plot isn't necessary to have fun. By virtue of pure mindless spectacle RWBY is still entertaining enough to justify its own existence despite being culturally irrelevant.

Maybe you should try talking about anime next time.

>but plot isn't necessary to have fun.

I guess you also liked the 2016 Ghostbusters movie.

Why are Red and White in skirts? Doesn't fighting in those hender them?

Lolis, you say?

It's a trainwreck, and the conductor is dead. Enjoyable every once in a while, like the psycho scorpion guy. The japs love it though for some reason.

no

Or we could post dubs.