Why do people hate dubs with so much vile prejudice? I refuse to believe watching subs is superior to dubs in every way

Why do people hate dubs with so much vile prejudice? I refuse to believe watching subs is superior to dubs in every way.

>Don't actually understand the language so meaning of some cadence is lost
>Voices often sound samey for reason above
>Hard to tell what actual good voice acting is for same reason above
>Have to split attention between video and reading the subs, sometimes information in either can be missed

None of these are issues with dubs. I know that 4kids gave dubs a bad name, and even besides 4kids some dubs are shit (pic related) but I've watched plenty of dubs that were excellent. I don't mind subs when there's no other option but I almost always prefer dubs.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wc5ZkuyrNbk
youtube.com/watch?v=A52jF75LTX8
youtube.com/watch?v=8TFAGAyLzcg
youtube.com/watch?v=wSRylVSfxyw
youtu.be/tEXurYaIHao
youtube.com/watch?v=5ApwVGT7LKA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because I'm polish there are barely any dubs here

true
false
false
>Have to split attention between video and reading the subs, sometimes information in either can be missed
false
1/4, see me after class

youtube.com/watch?v=wc5ZkuyrNbk

Of course jojofags cant follow dubs. One of the only fanbases i've seen where not consuming the source material is ok

>EUAHEUAHEUAHARRAAAH

The Patrick Seitz verison was so much better, why did they change it?

Yeah I don't speak Japanese and I don't watch shows to read so dubs make sense. But weebs gonna weeb there's no arguing against them.

I feel like there's always the same old man voice, the same effeminent man voice, the same edgelord voice,etc. I didn't mean to say that absolutely everyone sounds the same, but it's a bit harder to tell with a language barrier. I also stick by my last two statements, I definitely don't like all Japanese voice acting and I've dropped some anime from being irritated by voices. I've also had to rewind to reread subs that I misread.

Censorship aside, I definitely stand by watching subs if it's this bad. Stardust crusaders has shit english voice actors though anyway

People often blame the voice actors for a bad dub, but most the time it's the shitty writing that does it. Writing can make even the best voice actors seem incompetent, although there are a few hits every once in a while (Golden Boy, Outlaw Star, Cowboy Bebop, etc.)

Can JoJo fags be banned yet?

>stop liking what i dont like

Who the fuck are you quoting?
I don't care if you like JoJo i care if you're a JoJofag.

If you watch dubs then you don't belong here

>don't understand the language
Well there's your problem.

Ok, can you just tell me what makes Jojofags any more annoying than other fanbases on Sup Forums

>I refuse to believe watching subs is superior to dubs in every way.
>t. EOP

Try saying that again after you actually start to care about anime. Pic related, example of pathetic dub attempt that failed miserably.

Her Japanese voice is a matter of taste.

They are 20% more retarded because they like JoJo.

>that second one
What in the thousand fucks

Because only casuals watch dubs due to them coming out months/years later.

If you aren't watching every anime as it comes out with Sup Forums then you are a faggot and a casual

The only dub I think is worthwile is the Black Lagoon dub. And also the Space Dandy dub. Mainly because the actors actually seemed to put effort into what they were doing in those shows. And that's the whole cruz of the matter, really.
American voice acting is lackluster and not as lucrative as Japanese voice acting. Over there it's a serious job. Over here it's a side gig. The actors don't care as much. Add to that disinterested producers only looking for a quick cashgrab by adapting what they think is a retarded cartoon and you get an unsatisfactory result.
Which is why I generally prefer the original dub over an English dub.

yeah no, it was universally recognized as one of the worst dubs ever, the VA was even changed once for fuck sake, you would need retarded ears to fail to recognized an objectively shit dub like this.

Only a handful of dubs I liked. But that aside, there's just so much wrong with English dubs, you have these voice actors who dont even make an effort to sound emotional.
>Picrelated

watching dubs will prevent to from ever learning
you're just deaf then
see above
and also kinda dumb
Sometimes dubs aren't as bad as people make them out to be, but most of the time they are. Even in shows where certain characters sound as good or even better in the dub, they are usually the exception, and the rest of the cast just sounds bad. Making a good dub is really hard, which is why in most cases it's better to just go with the original version. Why wouldn't you?

>dialog dumbed down and censored so that even your retarded 5 years old little brother can watch it
>dialog often removed from scenes where you cannot see the mouth to reduce costs
>grannies making voices of little girls because there're no young people in the dub industry

Everything is made in order to increase the viewers numbers to maximize profit, there's no passion in english dubs, everything is dull and the only objective is stealing your money while they make you believe you're paying for a good product. Only FUNi shills would defend dubs, since they're paid for it, again everything leads always to one reason: clueless ignorant EOP's wallets.

>Calling me a faggot for not obsessively watching anime

haven't read a single chapter of JoJo but Sup Forums has liked jojo since 10 years ago. Fuck off to whatever you came from newfag, this isn't your safe space.

Dubs used to be good but nowaday it's like they dont put any effort anymore

ANYONE WANT SOME DONUTS, I GOT SOME DONUTS HERE!!!

Yes faggot thats what I did

>I refuse to believe watching subs is superior to dubs in every way.
Well, you are a typical dub-tard.

>not understanding even basic nipponese
>being tone-deaf to emotion and quality of acting
yeah, typical burger.

I could give a shit about dubs but JoJo just doesn't work in anything but Japanese

HEY MAN CHECK OUT THESE JUICY HAMBURGERS!!

>hamburgers

Those are clearly jelly donuts you uncultured fuck

>This isn't your safe space!
Isn't objecting to something the exact opposite of a safe space?

you picked the worst example. JoJo, of all things man? At least pick DBZ or something.

Why do English dubs sound so flat? My nephew was watching Pokemon this morning and jesus christ the voice acting is terrible. Is it like Sonic Adventure's english dub being so terrible because they're directed by a japanese person?

>Not liking the superior Princess Tutu dub.
Also, wrong on American voice acting lacking talent. Consider how recognizable Homer Simpson, Peter Griffin, etc are. Problem is all the talent goes to the normie cartoons, along with English voice actors trying to match the high pitched voices of the Japs.

JP VA industry worth millions and still choose to eat shit (dubs) instead lol

>Why do people hate dubs with so much vile prejudice?

Because of garbage like this

youtube.com/watch?v=A52jF75LTX8

Jojo, particularly Stardust Crusaders, was my example of a bad dub. I thought Phantom Blood sounded bad dubbed at first but it grew on me

>no effort
youtube.com/watch?v=8TFAGAyLzcg

the part 2 dub is even better desu

Why is it so hard to find Space Dandy's dub online?

On the other hand, the show itself was already shit anyway so no amount of quality voice acting could've saved it.

4kids left a bad taste

I bet a good percentage of weebs here actually watch movies dubbed in Nip.

It's not dubs that are bad, it's Amerilard voice acting. Like everything they do, it's rushed, low-quality and lacking in effort. Fitting for soulless, hypocritical animals such as them.

These are only issues for retards, get the fuck off of Sup Forums.

Obviously youtube.com/watch?v=wSRylVSfxyw

>I've also had to rewind to reread subs that I misread.
You reading slow isn't a fault of subs.

I'm from Brazil. I like the brazillian dubs for old anime such as Dragon Ball (and Z), Yu Yu Hakusho, Saint Seiya, etc. And to name a new one that I think they did a good job in the dub would be OPM, it has the same style as YYH's dub.
Also check'em dubs

Every single voice in dubs is Johnny Yong Bosch over enunciating vowels in Japanese names. It's way more repetitive than subs.

But what if i do?

>People often blame the voice actors for a bad dub, but most the time it's the shitty writing that does it.

99% of bad dubs come from bad voice directors. When you hear a bad dub it's because the voice director didn't do his job. Every line only had one take and he/she did not give any direction at all.

There is nothing wrong with watching shows in their original language

Because dubs gives us gems like this
youtu.be/tEXurYaIHao

WRONG.
youtube.com/watch?v=5ApwVGT7LKA
Telling characters apart series to series is blurred. Especially the trope filled series.
>It uses og Bane's breathing, the ahh gets through, Va doesn't sound like he's wearing a mask, and lastly it sounds like studio production and not recorded on a plane.
So the orignal is superior.

>complaining about weebs on Sup Forums

Dubs are good in their own right.
Subs and Dubs are different, and because they are different, people either embrace them or abolish them.
Reading something gives a different feeling than Hearing something, so it's not the same to compare the two.

You are free to refuse it but it doesn't make it any less true.

Pokemon's dub has always been shit. It's not indicative of the norm.

>prejudice
Just realized dubfags are the mudslimes of the anime community.

see
Most VDs for anniemay just don't give a fuck about the piece of work. It's just to pay rent for them.

PESKY PATRIARCHY

>dubs of peace

Its really a shame when an anime is so visually appealing and you have to switch between subs and the actual animation being displayed.
Like a visual masterpiece like Redline is most enjoyed if watching dub I suppose (I dont know if the dub is good).
But a fucking generic visual presentation like HunterxHunter is just fine to watch with subs.

I learned to speak and understand Japanese at JLPT N2 level purely by watching subbed anime and dramas.

I'm an ESL and I can read subs without missing visual information from the show. You're just retarded.

Not OP, but its not so much as missing information on the show, but being unable to fully appreciate it.
Like when you watch a movie in you language without subtitles, you can appreciate the beautiful shots and transitions so much more than if you were also paying attention to subtitles.

Reminder that comedies are better dubbed 99% of the time.

Nope.

no

Reminder to suck my presumptuous cock

>watch seto no hanayome dub on TV
>it's so bad that it makes me think poorly of the show itself
>watch original
>becomes my favorite comedy

Dude that post about DKR was a joke

Or you can learn how to read faster than a 2nd grader. Do you still mouth all your words?

why don't you go watch South Park or one of those 3 McFaturd shows then

I'm not a fan of dubs but Pokemon's dub were funny and one of the few top-tier ones.

Not really effective to read fast when like two lines of text are meant to be read while a lot of shit happens on one second on screen user.
Static shots and dialogue sequences are not really a problem when watching with subs. A reason why Death Note is fine watching with subs, its mostly just talking.

Dont compare south park to family guy

>seto no hanayome dub
>TV

The English dub never aired on TV. No one cares about your shit language.

I tend to like a dub if I see the dub first and a sub if I see the sub first.

Prefer dub:
>DBZ
>FMA
>Bebop
>Champloo
>Kenshin
>YYH
>etc.

Prefer sub
>Everything else

No they're clearly hot dogs you swine!

Naruto's dub is pretty good. Everyone is pretty OK, except for that stupid bitch that voices Naruto.

There are some dubs out there that are just super, like pic related. I can't remember a single bad performance from that film

>watching Naruto in any language

bro south park literally copies reddit memes at this point

>inb4 you must be a redditor because you know this
no i am a facebooker

Good bait OP, have a free (You)

FMA: Brotherhood's dub was also surprisingly good. Some dub voices fit some characters better than the japanese ones I would say.

>Watching anime in any language but braile.

>the show itself was already shit
That doesn't mean shit, besides it wasn't shit, otherwise it wouldn't get a dub in the first place, it was one of the best series of its time.
Even if it was, it still wouldn't justify the shit dub job they did, if you are gonna dub a "shit" series then just don't frigging dub it at all.
Dubs are shit, it's a matter of objective facts.

>ctrl + f "ygotas"
>0 matches

I am disappointed in you Sup Forums. it was GOD-tier

you are a retard, I'd say

I don't like dubs because they never translate written Japanese so I end up not know what say an important piece of paper or sign says.

this user puts it perfectly

The best dubs are for shit shows though.

>Rosario+Vampire
>Daimidaler
>Maken-ki
>and of course Ghost Stories

Did Haruhi say retarded in the dub?

That has an easy solution because anime characters tend to be such fucking autists that they say everything they fucking read and think out loud.

it was the funimation english dub

Do people actually have trouble reading subs and paying attention to the show at the same time? I've been watching subbed anime for so long I don't even consciously read subs anymore.

I've never seen a dub that doesn't translate important on-screen text. Are you sure there wasn't a "signs/songs only" subtitle track you didn't enable?