Junji Ito works anime adaptation confirmed for winter 2018

Junji Ito works anime adaptation confirmed for winter 2018.

natalie.mu/comic/news/244313

Director and character designer is Tagashira Shinobu who recently worked on the first season of Diabolik Lovers (also notably episode director and animation director on the first adaptation of Hunter x Hunter, Fune wo Amu, storyboarded Rakugo Shinjuu, etc.)

Will I finally get an explanation on what the fuck was that hanging ballons story about? That and Army of One are the only ones I still can't understand.

This is probably just quick shorts of a select few of his one shots, right?

Why would you want to understand? Part of the horror is the inexplicable nature of it. It just comes for you, like Amigara Fault calls for you

"Junji Ito Horror Collection" is what literally all of his volumes are called, so there's no way to predict what would get adapted.
Just going by the big promo image alone, though, there's a shitload of good picks and even the Lovesick Dead standalone. But it's also got Tomie, which I guess they could do in snippets, so it's anyone's guess.

You forgot to mention CR is partly funding and sitting on the committee for it, so lol

>DEEN

natalie didn't mention it. I try to forget that they exist.

One thing is something ambiguous and mysterious without an actual explanation of the situation and other thing is DUDE WHAT THE FUCK DID I JUST READ. I just pretend the last page of Army of One doesn't exists and the story makes perfect sense.

Apparently there are 11 compilation volumes of his work which will be used as source material, and also 魔の断片 (ma no danpen / fragments of evil).

Tomie not getting a separate adaptation is strange, you'd think it's popular enough to get it'w own season.

CR showing Netflix that they're not going down without a fight.

Will they animate zit boy ?

Maybe the anime adaptation can improve his endings. Those are always dogshit.

It's not up there, but it's pretty popular I think. From what I can tell, we have, going left to right:
>My Dear Ancestors
>Tomie
>No idea. Very familiar though.
>Shuichi segments, likely gonna do his volume which is easy to do
>Motherfucking Long Dream.
>Slug Girl
>Mold
>Hanging Balloons
>Can't tell
>House of the Marionettes
>Blood Bubble Bushes
>Hallucinations (Has a few chapters and is really great)
>The Chill
>Lovesick Dead (Volume, very good)
>Earthbound? Reimi's Ghost stories?
>Fashion Model
>Smoking Club
>Flesh Colored Horror

Wow. This will probably be terrible. How uneeded.

it's about time I've been waiting for this since the story about that whale with corpses inside that were still alive

One of the best stories for me. Must be becasue it's realated to my fear of deep ocean.

It wasn't a whale, it was a... hum... ok let's call it a whale, but yeah it was awesome, actually it was my first junji, after that I just went on a spree to read them all.

>that snail story

I don't think most of his works would do well in anime unless the director is insanely talented desu

>Shuichi segments
Man, fuck that little cunt

What's your source on that?

Long Dream and dreamland fiction is my favorite fantasy genre, and Hanging Balloons gave me a panic attack waking up the morning after I read it

I want my doujin preferably non guro or scat or anything equivalent.

Can't stand him either, but reading Soichi's Beloved Pet and Cat Diary back to back is pretty fun.

>I just pretend the last page of Army of One doesn't exists and the story makes perfect sense.
>Ito stories
>making sense
Junji Ito story problems are either:
- They just end abruptly and leave the reader hanging as to what'll happen next.
- Some twist that answers one question and evokes 20 more questions.

Army of One was nowhere near incomprehensible and clearly the former. It's just stupid. Basically stories like that, Ito writes himself into a corner and then ends it with a IDUNNOLOL. So it's like, great, he revealed that the victims behind the attacks were also participating in the sewing jobs. Clearly they're just possessed. There's nothing more to talk about. What possessed the people? How much power does it have? wakarimasen lol

Is that the Glyceride sick fuck in the middle? I don't know if i can watch this.

I hope they'll do Town Without Streets, loved the environment in that one

What can go wron Well

CR funding it is false.

>anime adaptations
>ever being good

Fucking this
The Gyo anime sucked dick
How would this be any better

>anime adaption of uguu alien

>people liking, even wanting adaptions

It was a good comedy movie.

Like what's the downside? If it sucks you can laugh about it or pretend it never happens, if it's good then everybody wins.

>glyceride is going to be adapted

I'm legit going to fucking barf

>"that scene" + noises

fucking STOP

I expect tons of memes. It sucks.

Something something "normalfags" something something "muh memes".

>I am so mad other people know about my favorite manga

Is there someone talented on it or is it just a cashgrab on Ito's works recently scalating popularity?

>people going as far even as decided to do even go want to do more like

We better be getting DRRR DRRR.

DRRR already has 4 seasons.

Adaptations are good if they have interesting things to do with the originals in animation. If it's just a coloured manga with voice actor it is horse shit.

Yeah!

Oww.

>They run out of budget after the first 5 chapters >all spirals turn into circles

Hey that sounds pretty go-
>CR
And all interest lost

DEEN is worse

>what is lovecraftian horror

>inb4 half of the screen is black during every disgusting scene

I hope they adapt The Long Dream. That's my favourite.

This.
Whether these adaptations turn out good or not, they're might still be enjoyable regardless.
Ito has always been as funny as he has managed to be disturbing. If the anime doesn't do a good job on the horror aspect it'll only accentuate the more-or-less unintentional humor that is present in the majority of his work.

>not adapting the best Ito story ever

Ahh the Gashunk lived.

Also, Benny Hill theme while reading Remina with Sup Forums, good ol' time.

Or Yakety Sax.

That's the Benny Hill theme you dumb cunt

This was quite an amusing story. Big chin guy is the best character.

How will they fuck it up?

Except that most of his works have some kind of lesson/moral of the story thing going on, or sometimes things aren't explained but make sense regardless, Army of One had a clear point and even with the inexplicable it made sense, but that last page just made 0 sense and was completely unfitting with the theme of the story, I guess that you can just imagine there was some sort of massive hypnosis going on but that would suck, so I rather pretend the last page doesn't exist and the story is perfect.

DEEN
E
E
N

the one with the person in the couch was pretty disturbing

I don't think Ito's stories would translate well into animation though

The same way they fucked up the Gyo anime.
>bad animation
>cliched disaster movie plot
>complete lack of subtlety, taking itself too seriously
>unnecessary sexualization of characters and horror scenarios
>shoehorning in unnecessary villains

that one was an adaptation of another authors story
coincidentally he wrote panorama island too, which had a really good manga adaptation by another mangaka

kek

But ufotable can do no wrong

Pure kino

>sexualization of characters
Nothing wrong with this one

There's a time and a place for tentacle rape and bikini-clad girls running from monsters. And it's not Junji Ito. You have a million other series to jack off to, let me have this one.

THIS ANIME WAS MADE FOR ME

well Gyo's a bad example because whoever worked on it decided to change who the MC is