1000th chapter is filler

>1000th chapter is filler
I get it, the author has no intention of ending this series or moving the plot forward ever.

what part of 1000th chapter didnt give that away you retard

Has Ippo any chance of ever beating Conan?

Drug addict Shinichi cases aren't really filler.

>water is wet

my bet is that shinichi is gonna turn into a kid in front of sera

It took you 1000 chapters to figure that out?

I don't get it, why would you read something that has more than 300 chapters in it.

Have they caught either Gin or Vodka yet or are they just Team Rocket at this point? Also, are Heiji and Haibara still the only people who know about Shinichi being Conan?

Wait, which one is longer, Conan or Ippo?

berserk?

>filler
How do you tell apart filler from non filler content?

How is that any metric on whether or not reading something. You start reading a manga and you stop when you stop enjoying it, no matter its length.

>moving the plot forward ever

That's like asking for the plot to move forward in a fucking daily soap.
The "plot" is only there as a set-up for unconnected short stories.

Ippo. Has been running for a few years longer.

The day this manga end is the day everyone is Japan get fucking murdered. How many people have died at this point?

Ippo is close to 1200 chapters user.

Ippo, plus it'll never end so it's safe to say Conan won't catch up.

A 1000 seems like a good guess, but I feel like the Japanese blogosphere would have had a major outcry over the 1000th murder victim in Conan, and I don't remember that happening, so it's probably less.

It's a filler that is going to turn out canon. Just wait for it.

Oh user

Ginny and Smirnoff are pretty much blasting off again though

because his target audience are the brain dead asian children.

It's not filler. It's a romance case that will lead to the BO. It happens all the time. Also, you should known this would happen, Gosho cares less for milestone chapters.

>Also, are Heiji and Haibara still the only people who know about Shinichi being Conan?

Are you implying you are Heiji or Haibara?

>being this retarded
Someone doesn't pay attention to sales numbers.

it is. Marketing usually goes for children because children outnumbers adult. Conan already had severally movies and TV shows and it is rated E for everyone. It's so mediocre that it's natural children or other regular jack off would like it.

You really don't know what you're talking about. Make sure you stop back here when Movie 22 breaks another box office record for Conan movies.

eat my asshole. It's the truth.

You'd have a better case if you whined about the recent fujo pandering. Stop talking about series you don't follow in the slightest.

You can tell Conan's audience is 99% children because there is almost no erotic fanart of Sera.

Oops, my bad. Thought Conan was longer.
>plus it'll never end
At some point Ippo will either become world champion or retire. There is a progression in it unlike Conan where each mystery solved doesn't bring him closer to a final resolution.

It might take a long time, but I can see Ippo getting a conclusion at some point, or at least, him not being the titular hero any more and letting place to a new generation. No such thing with Conan.

>wanting fanart of stinky boys

Ippo is guaranteed to end soon because Morikawa's health is failing every five chapters.

Best Pedo ship? Ran or Ayumi?

I guess there is Ai too, for those who have pleb tastes

>because Morikawa's health is failing every five chapters.
Wait, what? What is going on?

what is filler ratio?

Sera is an overrated smelly boy.

>There is a progression in it unlike Conan
But Conan has BO plot and sooner or later, there has to be a resolution. I even heard the mangaka has the end written and kept in his safe in case he dies before finishing the series.

Again, how do you tell filler from non-filler?

Conan x Ran is a great /ss/ pairing.

Anime original episodes are all filler.
Everything else isn't.

But the thing is, it can virtually be delayed forever. In Ippo, you can only stall for so much. And in conan, you never actually feel he has stepped up his game and passed on the next level.

That isn't helping for a manga only perspective.

just read the fucking manga

I guess what they meant with manga only fillers would be chapters where nothing of importance to the main plot happens.

Not even half a year has passed.

>implying gosho is any better
I'm worried for 2018 and the magical world cup.
F
A
N
G

Gosho said that only chapters that mentions BO are canon. Rest is filler.

>more than 300 identical chapters in it
ftfy

Man, I remember when Sup Forums knows that "filler" does not apply to source material, as in, only original episodes from an anime adaptations of long-running manga can have fillers, while the manga which is the source material, can't.

Too many newfags these days.

>Have they caught either Gin or Vodka yet or are they just Team Rocket at this point? Also, are Heiji and Haibara still the only people who know about Shinichi being Conan?
SuCk mE DiNgUs.

That's what happens with Conan threads. At least they're still comfy.

fuck off, retard

I think the word people are looking for is "padding".

When you have that many chapters, even original chapters are filling

Being Filler doens't mean not-canon. Filler means tat it has very little importance to the overarching story. Which is descriptive of most Conan chapters.

>Man, I remember when Sup Forums knows that "filler" does not apply to source material, as in, only original episodes from an anime adaptations of long-running manga can have fillers, while the manga which is the source material, can't
Filler, in fiction in general, doesn't mean that. The real definistion of filler actually is that:
>Filler means that it has very little importance or none to the overarching story.
Which of course, cover Anime exclusive content, as it can not influence the story of the manga it is adapting. But a manga itself can have filler too.

The basic plot I know about Conan is that he was an adult and became a child and that he solves mysteries, so they are mostly self-contained mini-arcs.
Do those 1000 chapters move the story or the general plot can be explained in a paragraph or so?

>they are mostly self-contained mini-arcs

No, those aren't really arcs, they are murder-of-the-weeks.

The general plot can be explained pretty quickly, but it's still incredibly enjoyable.

And?

How does that work?
Haven't we had all seasons by now?

That's not important. Did you see this murder, it's pretty interesting.

Took you long enough, user.

Do you think any manga will ever hit 2000 chapters or was Kochikame the closest we'll ever get (it was about 1961 + extras)

Jesus. That's a fucking impressive crime-rate for sure. Someone is going to lose election if it keep going like this.

Conan is one of WSS's best sellers. Without it, the magazine will most likely die

Hasn't it My Hero Academia too?

No hero academia is from weekly shonen jump.
Completeky different magazine from a completely different company.

I find Ran hot solely because of her karate. I like a girl who could kick my ass.

Get your act together

There's a few decent ones on pixiv plus this one from the Haibara doujin. But yeah I wish there was more.

This
Karate girls are great

>completely different company
That's a bit of a stretch, they are part of the same corporation and Shogakukan founded Shueisha

If Gosho stays healthy and stops taking breaks, then he might break 1500.

Why is she perfect?

Doesn't golgo 13 have more?
It's got, 185 Tankobons, so assuming 8 per tank, 1480+ chapters

This shit needs to go away.

>Ran will never corner you against a wall by punching a crack in the concrete.

Why would you want the most successful currently running manga/anime to go away?

As long as Aoyama doesn't fuck up the ending, it can run as long as he wants it to run.
He will die before most of us anyway, so it's not like we'll miss the ending.

Is there even a way to not mess up the ending?

Gosho needs to stop taking extended research breaks.

he wrote the ending already, so as long he doesn't get a stroke and become unable to draw it should turn out fine

The ending will be fine as long as Shinichi and Shiho get their bodies back to normal. From there you really can't go wrong.

How the FUCK do you have material for 1000 chapters? Especially when the genre is detective fiction? I don't get it.

>implying the ending won't change as the story goes on
Would she want her body back?

>Haven't we had all seasons by now?
How many christmas and halloweens the Simpsons have gone through?

>Why would you want the most successful currently running manga/anime to go away?
What? The most famous anime with top viewer rates is some homely stuff families watch together, something that looks like Sazae-san, I forgot, and manga sales Conan isn't even top five each month.

>Would she want her body back?
Of course. As long as the organization is gone she has no reason not to and staying a child would be a total insult to her character.

Reminds me that I have to watch some new episodes to be up to date.

Conan is still doing incredibly well in sales, movies, and merch.

Gross

Meanwhile what's happening with Kindaichi? Is that still running? Any news of a Kindaichi Returns 3 anime?
I mean, I like Conan, but Kindaichi's more my thing and doesn't bother itself with an ongoing plot that will never get resolved like Conan.

>the most successful currently running manga/anime
Are you retarded?

I like the one where she finds out Conan has a huge dick in the bathtub.

New episodes are good. The new OP, not so much.

Haven't really kept up since this was on Adult Swim. Who dis?

It's always the same Christmas and Halloween. Conan simultaneously juggles many, many cases at once.

Sera. She's another detective / a love interest for Conan.

There's more than just one like that