The torrent that matches your requirements and is the only one with good seeds is from coalgirls

>the torrent that matches your requirements and is the only one with good seeds is from coalgirls

WHY ARE THEY SO FUCKING BLOATED?

>not having an AB account

>he doesn't re-encode his anime

OP said there is only torrent that meets his requirements. Does AB have exclusive content?

Some, but almost every series has several BD batches and they nare all well-seeded

>season 2 of an anime is well seeded
>season 1 has only a single seeder or the shittiest possible subs

This. 75% file size reduction with no loss in quality.

what's wrong with coalgirls?

>S3 has 50 seeders
>S2 has 2 seeders
>can't even find S1

And that's why it took so long for me to watch The World God Only Knows

Their filesizes end up really, really overboard for the quality for some reason.

Teach me senpai

I don't know jack shit about encoding and can't trust myself to not fuck up and making it look like some DUWANG shit

so which one is better?

I use megui with my own presets for everything: x265 constant quality for video and aac for audio (96kbps because I honestly can't tell the difference). I change the quality level -lower number means better- depending on the anime, but usually it's at crf22. All I have to do is click the "one-click" button, drag the folder with all the episodes into the input box and the rest is automatic. The only thing I couldn't figure out is how to include the attached fonts automatically, but it doesn't bother me, because some releases have fucking bloated fonts as well, like 50MB extra in each episode. I extract and install those manually if I really care enough. I can imagine people seething at my methods, but it's good enough for me. Pic related is my version of Uchouten. The filesize is 93MB.

Thir filesizes are bloated to an extreme for no good reaon besides their encoders' incompetence and the fact that they usually used 5.1 FLAC dual-audio for their releases

To extract fonts, subs or whatever I used mkvcleaver. Also, I used to get an error where horriblesub videos got muxed with the wrong framerate that made the audio desynch with the video, so I had to add AssumeFPS(24000,1001) to the avisynth script inside the preset to make it came out as 23.976fps. I don't think I'm leaving anything out. With that and a couple of clicks I reencode entire shows with minimal effort each season. It can easily be adjusted if you want more bits for the audio, the video, use an older codec to play it on older devices, whatever.

Does this mean public trackers have mostly the same series but more often only non BD releases?

>he doesn't download 66GB/cour BD disc rips from ADC

I shiggy doo

Isn't this just the same as transcoding a transcode?
Why would you do this? You are sure to lose quality, which is never worth it.

You can store 1GB+ episodes that you may never even rewatch, or episodes at a fraction of that size that you would have to compare side to side to tell the difference. Not everybody is fine with buying HDDs all the time because everything is so bloated. It's the same with new videogames having dozens of GBs of uncompressed audio and huge video files that don't even look good thanks to antiquated codecs (which is why people like Fit-Girl exist). For me, not having to spend money for new hard drives is definitely worth a small loss in quality that I can't even tell while I'm watching a series. I also do it for doujins in some cases when they are particularly huge, batch-converting them to more reasonable PNGs optimized for grayscale pages, with zero loss in quality. Everything adds up, and once you have a method it doesn't take any time or thought to follow it. Unnecessary waste of space has always been a pet peeve of mine.

When i finish anime i delete it.

Only favs stick and that isn't enough to cause problems on my 3TB

I'm not saying that smaller encodes are bad, my point is mostly that if you are going to make an encode, then you should use fresh raws rather than an already encoded batch.
This is beyond retarded, and I doubt the difference is only noticeable when you compare them side to side.

too hard to get an account

>open registrations for almost 2 years until last year

This definitely isn't true, I tried in 2015 and they were never open. What.cd also went down so you can no longer get in from there.

>absolutely seething

I tried in the first quarter of 2016 and got in the next day.
All you had to do was say you liked jerking off to miku and that you wanted to download high quality chinese cartoons.

The mods themselves said they don't even read what you write on the application and that it exists mostly to keep indiabots and impatient 12 year olds who can't be bothered to write 3 lines out

They aren't I think. They just use x264 with low CRF values. Once I read in a forum a post of an ex encoder. He said that he had used a CRF of 16 for his encodes and that CRF 17 would have been worse. If he's right, then CRF 16 is not a bad decision. Currently I'm watching 'Seitokai Yakuindomo' from Coalgirls. Episode 14 has a CRF value of 16, 24 minutes and 1.5 GB.

episode 4*