Streaming services don't matter to the anime industry! You don't help them by paying for it!

>streaming services don't matter to the anime industry! You don't help them by paying for it!
Are people who claim this legit retarded? It's just factually, provably wrong. It's not even really a question of opinion. Let me elaborate:

1. We know how many paid subs CR has for example (>1,000,000), and we know what they're paying, and we know half goes back to the anime industry. And we know CR is just one service, in just one market, so factoring in every other service in every global market would increase the number tremendously.
2. We know some streaming services (like CR) actually use their revenues to invest directly in anime as part of production committees.
3. We know that per the Association of Japanese Animators, overseas revenue (largely streaming) is by far the fastest growing segment of the industry's overall revenue.
So in the aggregate, it's just a plain old irrefutable fact that streaming revenue does matter, particularly as physical media sales continue to decline.

If someone wants to argue that *they, individually* do not matter then yeah, they don't. But markets are by definition large collections of small individual units. So while 1 or even 1,000 people aren't hugely meaningful, 1,000,000 people is quite literally just 1 million individuals together.
It's not like, to use CR as an example, there's one ultra-subscriber out there with a $7,000,000 monthly subscription who makes your $7 subscription meaningless. There's a million people with equally priced $7 subscriptions who all have the same amount of influence.
The idea that streaming revenue doesn't matter is either ignorance of how the industry has developed over the past five years or so, or just a lie to hide the fact that someone simply doesn't feel like paying or streaming.

Other urls found in this thread:

ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crunchyroll
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No one gives a shit about supporting the industry, we are not japs.

Buy an ad if you want to shill your product CR employee-kun.
>halfo of it goes back
None of the money goes back, most of it goes into paying you to post here and to youtubers, they pay a flat rate for licenses that is practically nothing, giving money to you guys is actively detrimental to the anime industry.

Maybe more people would bother to stream if there was a) a proper streaming service b) the streaming wasnt so fucking shit c) there wouldnt be delay for content that I pay for d) more money would actually go to the studios. You outline the fact that streaming has a postitive impact on the market. And while that it true, it has no positive impact on the studios and their respective employees. Anime studios dont have issue finding work, so if more are needed they will be created. The problem is the way the animators are being treated. I import BDs of studios that actually receive the money for them, but if theres a fucking production committee you can be sure that I wont spend a single cent on their merch since no matter how successful the product the grunts will still be treated like shit.

>he thinks all the money from his subscription goes to the studios

>most of it goes into paying you to post here and to youtubers, they pay a flat rate for licenses that is practically nothing
Source?

Who /ironicweeb/ here?

Fuck off shitposter.

Keep shilling faggot

Nice buzzword.
Go back to your template threads if you're too dumb to contribute to actual discussion.

It isn't a discussion.
Most people probably just filter these stupid threads now because it isn't worth taking every idiot with an internet connection head-on in a serious debate.

>it's stupid because I say so!
Again, not an argument. Are you dumb? Either refute what's said in the OP or fuck off.

Hold up lemme go spemd $700 to watch the entirety of Naruto on steam

Fixed your shit.

I've only been here for about 2 years and can safely say I blend in perfectly.

Fuck off. I already bought the Turn A BDs and I'm not paying for another anime until either GaoGaiGar, or Ideon get a western release.

>doesn't feel like paying or streaming
Well no shit people don't want to pay for streaming. Why would anyone pay for worse quality than they can get for free?

Cool.

Try actually reading the whole sentence. No one is telling you that you're wrong for not supporting streaming, just don't go around saying it doesn't matter to the anime industry.

OP is retarded, nearly nothing you pay goes to japanese content creators, such scheme is only lucrative if the target audience is big enough, which is not the case for westerners but is the case for Chinese maket, western maket is pretty close from being irrelevant.

>defending AT&T's subsidiary
How big of a corporate dicksucker can you be?

>just don't go around saying it doesn't matter to the anime industry
Try to stop me faggot

Are you liking the discussion OP?

>streaming

>western maket is pretty close from being irrelevant.
Explain this then?
ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crunchyroll

2016年:宇宙パトロールルル子 (製作委員会参加)
2016年:少年アシベ GO! GO! ゴマちゃん
2016年:あんハピ (製作委員会参加)
2016年:キズナイーバー (製作委員会参加)
2016年:ナンバカ (製作委員会参加)
2017年:アイドル事変 (製作委員会参加)
2017年:政宗くんのリベンジ (製作委員会参加)
2017年:けものフレンズ (製作委員会参加)

Fuck off retarded shill, I hope Crshit gets killed by Amazon and Netflix asap.

Nice buzzwords.

>Nice buzzwords.

Look who's talking

I'm not the one calling someone shill because I'm too dumb to actually refute the argument. Are you perhaps from Sup Forums or Sup Forums?

Nice Greentext.

This shit is too funny

>and we know half goes back to the anime industry
Hilarious joke. Fuck off.

>8 trashy shows
And nothing of value was gained.

You don't engage with crazy people, you report them and walk away

>m-muh anime industry is going bankrupt
Fuck, you guys are retarded. Stop believing this shit. Didn't you learn anything when the music industry told you they can't keep making music if people keep pirating? Or the movie industry?
>Guys, we're making huge losses here! You love movies, right? So stop hurting the industry or we won't have any new movies in a few years. It's totally true, I swear!

Anime is profitable. How do I know? Because they keep fucking making them, year after year. Nothing is dying, they're just playing you guys like a god damn fiddle.

Love how CR shills mods are refusing to delete the thread.

The industry makes enough money off of merch sales anyway, everyone knows that most anime only exist to sell manga and LNs.

I want dubs and CR to die

>s-shill!
Maybe you should stop acting like a triggered tumblrina?
Just because someone talks about things you dislike doesn't mean people are shilling it. And in any case, the point isn't CR, but the fact that streaming revenue does matter. But I guess you were too retarded to read the whole post.

>half goes back to the anime industry
Do you have a source for this claim?
You don't because CR is fucking shite site that leeches from the anime industry, not supports it.
If you want to support the anime industry, buy BD's and buy merchandise like figures/dakis/cute keychains/etc.

check 'em

Check mine first.

What I'm trying to say with this is: If you're paying for anime, you're being duped into spending your hard earned cash for something that is freely available on the internet. Might as well just burn your money, at least that way it won't end up in the pockets of some rich execs.

wait in line faggot, my dubs are better

I don't give a fuck if CR give money to Japan but what I hate is that CR is inviting more and more normalfags into this hobby of mine by trying to make anime the next hot cool nerdy thing to like.

Absolute fucking cancer.

It just says that CR is growing, wich is not false yet previous industry report pointed that pachiko and Chinese streamIng sites where main source of income

If you really care about the creator, you would just send $10 directly to the director/mangaka/animator of your choice through snailmail. Your money put into a streaming website is lost among the streaming site, producers, and the streaming site's parent company before a small amount goes to the creator. Case in point: a director only receives around $40k annual salary, far from the maximum revenue a franchise brings in.

Tfw no dubs

sevens

OP is a faggot

/thread

Should we discuss more important things? Which is better lolis or traps? Who gets dubs decides once and for all.

Checked.

sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit

Not even a question, my dude.

Dubs for loli

Trapfags are the new furries.

>KF
>Anne Happy
>nothing of value
Get some taste.

I like thicc lolis

I don't really care what happens to the industry desu
If it crashes it just means I'll be free.

Lolis

Shotaxloli if dubs

Desperate cakes taking advantage of lolis

digits confirm

But in the end the fact remains that it's relevant. Even Kyoani decided to premiere their new show in the west first, not Japan.

I'll support the industry when the makers themselves let me pay to download (streaming is still a terrible medium, support for the industry or not) and I only support the shows I actually like I don't want to support a bundle of shit that maybe has some gold in it.

Bait threads are shit but the worst ones are when the OP actually gets emotionally invested to the point of anger and argues like a fucking retard with every post that calls him out. You're not supposed to try so hard.

Why's this a bait?

>chinese
>paying for anything

I would rather have crunchyroll's bullshit than either Amazon or Netflix who actively fund shows that promote white genocide, but each to their own "shill".

Mods sure have been taking their time with deleting streaming threads lately.

Lolis because they aren't guys and they don't have a fucking manjaw. At least I can get off to lolis.

>and we know half goes back to the anime industry

Streaming is trash and most of them have such a poor selection it isn't worth bothering about. Blue Rays are overpriced crap, its a trash business. Only thing id seriously bother about is buying manga.

>having non whites in shows promotes the genocide of whites
Shiggy diggy doo

Quints of truth.

Stay on your containment board, cancer.

>Not using the nyaapantsu mobile app to stream anime to your chromecast.

>like CR) actually use their revenues to invest directly in anime as part of production committees.
>implying I want this
Mate, have you seen the tripe that westerners want and gets shit out? I want nothing to do with Housewives of San Paolo part 3 or any of that garbage

This is correct

tl;dr
Kill yourself