Why did he become a pacifist pussy all of a sudden?

Why did he become a pacifist pussy all of a sudden?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HV6dZRJ7xZ4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

He never liked fighting and only did it out of necessity. Which is why it's even more fucked up that Goku basically put the fate of the world on his shoulders and threw in the towel.

Sure, but that doesn't explain why even while his friends were getting tortured by the Cell Jrs., he sits there and does nothing.

Goku didn't know that feeling tingly was the
answer back then, literally wasted decades training like a retard.

super is GT tier, its complete shit

the manga is OK but even I'm losing patience (FATHER APPARENTLY I HAVE HEALING POWERS)

I know that's what the anime makes it look like but realistically Gohan had Cell standing between him and the Cell Jrs and it was a pretty short span of time between the Cell Jrs coming out and 16 dying. He wasn't just sitting there watching forever, it was more like him trying to find that hidden power inside of him then 16's head gets tossed in front of him.

Why is he waiting for his power to come out before he takes action though? He never cared how much more powerful the opponents were before if his friends were in danger. He saved Piccolo from 3rd Form Freeza despite the large power gap.

He didn't save anyone from anything. Frieza was fucking around the entire time and proceeded to fuck around some more afterwards.

>while his friends were getting tortured by the Cell Jrs., he sits there and does nothing.
?

Gohan beat their asses.

The point is that Gohan took action to help a friend despite the large difference in power. He doesn't do that with the Cell Jrs., he all of a sudden decides he won't do anything until his power comes out.

Because the Cell fight thematically is about Gohan learning that there are battles worth fighting and no one was in such dire need of a rescue like Piccolo was then. For reference the Cell Jrs coming out and Gohan power up to SS2 all takes place in the span of a chapter. He's not just sitting there forever weighing to pros and cons. He's having an internal struggle of "Why must we fight?" as his friends are battling in the background. Tien and Yamcha are really the only 2 struggling and even then they're not close to death.

After he went SSJ2, yeah. But before that, he didn't do jack shit.

They literally came out in the same chapter he goes SSJ2. How is that "doing jackshit"

Gohan isn't questioning why their fighting at that point. As soon as the Cell Jrs. come in, Gohan thinks to himself that he WANTS to beat Cell.

There's still a decent amount of time between the birth of the Cell Jrs. and Gohan going SSJ2. And Gohan did nothing in that span of time.

>10 pages
>decent amount of time

Okay.

do you know how much time passed between those 10 pages?

Took less than 10 pages for Gohan on Namek to try and save Piccolo from Freeza.

Enough time for 16 to make a speech and get stomped. I guess he must have been speaking super slowly.

He always was Spee D. Reader

I don't know what you want pal. On Namek everyone was already directly involved with the fight against Frieza. Piccolo was on the verge of death. And that was about it.

Against Cell you have Cell standing between him and the others. Gohan was having inner turmoil particularly considering the weight of the situation. And no one was really close to the level of damage Piccolo had taken outside of 16 which was the breaking point where he does go and save everyone before even dealing with Cell.

I don't understand this shitpost.

He made this thread on Sup Forums and it got deleted. That should explain everything.

Gohan should've tried to fight back instead of just standing there trying to force out his power. That's what makes his character so inconsistent in this moment.

When he was an asshole he fucked up and almost blew up the world leading to the death of his father that he alone caused

>maybe if I don't reply to anyone this time they won't notice and I'll be right

That was an accident. I thought I was replying to one of the posts.

Feel free to prove my point wrong if you can, though.

All of the Cell Jrs and Cell himself could've beat the crap out of him whenever. The whole thing felt hopeless. Besides, if he tried to stop the Cell Jrs fun before transforming, Cell would've stop him (the whole point of the clones was to make Gohan watch as his allies were tormented, he didn't step in post transformation because he presumably wanted to see Gohan's new power tested).

And Freeza could've beat the crap out of him when he tried to save Piccolo. Gohan still took action.

>Why did he become a pacifist pussy all of a sudden?

Because of the plot, to build tension. Seriously, that's it. Anyone defending Gohan standing around for a moment hesitating to try to kill the Juniors or Cell completely forgot the part earlier in the arc where Gohan is literally about to lose his shit after Semi-Perfect Cell nearly kills Piccolo and is about to finish Tenshinhan off, if not for Goku going to pick them up. And that was before Gohan went to train with his father and unlock Super Saiyan.

Even ignoring the previous instance, Gohan, realistically was conflicted about fighting Cell because he was still under the illusion that Goku was stronger than him and was confused as to why Goku would give up and have him fight instead.

While it could be argued that Goku is the blame for not explaining his plan to Gohan, it's practically stupid narrative-wise for the reader to somehow assume Gohan wouldn't instantly try to protect guys like Tenshinhan, Kuririn, Piccolo and Yamcha from the Juniors, even if that meant Cell would have smacked his shit.

Him being passive here was literally on there to build tension and remind the reader that Gohan, at his core, does not have the heart of a fighter, like Goku and would only react if forced into a corner--unlike on Namek where he seemingly never hesitated to do what he thought was right, since his ultimate motivation was resurrecting Piccolo.

It was foreshadowed tho

Like what do you want? Some naruto cringy bullshit like the anime?

Except he wasn't hesitating to kill the Cell Jrs., he was trying to pull out his hidden power because it was blatantly obvious that mindlessly charging in like a retard wasn't going to work this time.

And also, Gohan didn't try to do shit when Piccolo was almost killed by Cell. The whole thing with Goku punching him to stop him from going was filler.

Nigger Gohan sat and watched for an entire chapter as form 2 Frieza smacked Piccolo around and then watched for another chapter as Frieza transformed and shot up Piccolo to the point where he almost died. He didn't step in until the last minute.

And then of course he watched Raditz beat the shit out of his dad and Piccolo for 3 chapters before breaking out of his pod.

I think waiting a whole 10 pages to power up is acceptable.

>stop forcing your son to fight
>that shit got me killed

What did Piccolo mean by this?

Because the Cell arc is heavily flawed. No, having flaws as a character is not a writing mistake but the Saiyan characteristics used to be a part of Goku and not an excuse to be an asshole.

>that shit got me killed
>ends up getting Goku killed too

What did Toriyama mean by this?

why did gohan end up so disappointing?
you almost forget he exists after cell

Is Chichi stronger than Hercules?

>Is Chichi stronger than Hercules?

Yes. And also stronger than Videl, since she legit taught Goten how to fight, who in turn was able to turn Super Saiyan.

Because Toriyama can't let anyone but Goku have the spotlight so everyone gets shafted because of that.

Wait a minute... That pose...

Is that a..

She has no ki control. I think Hercules could beat her. It would be like the time Videl fought the buff guy.

>all of a sudden

Satan can't manipulate ki either. Chichi is supposed to be a competent fighter at least in a technical sense even if the only time we see her fight as an adult she always gets shitstomped. She definitely isn't defenseless.

Could Chichi during the Buu saga have defeated General Blue?

Namek Gohan never hesitated to fight and save his friends. Cell Games Gohan did.

>She has no ki control.

She doesn't know how to fly. She's pretty fucking strong to make it through the 23rd tournament, in a post King Piccolo era. Outside of comedy reasons, Mr. Satan hasn't shown to be able to be a single fighter from the first Budokai from Dragon Ball.

Chichi would beat the shit out of him. Videl would be an even more one-sided fight, since ALL Videl got from ki control is flight, whereas Chichi has been sparring with Goten well enough to see him go Super Saiyan and still teach him martial arts.

This is the same Goten who caught Gohan off guard, when he underestimated how strong he is.

>Could Chichi during the Buu saga have defeated General Blue?

By the virtue of her being able to deal with training Goten, who didn't even understand ki control until being taught by Gohan, I'd say should be beat General Blue in pure brute strength and speed, by the Buu Saga. Teenage Chichi gets beaten soundly.

I cant help but wonder something. Is Gohan's general distaste for violence inborn, or is it because of Chichi pushing him towards being a scolar during his formulative years?

You have to love the irony in Chichi's actions. Her son has a massive strength stat, but she focuses on his mediocre intelligence. Gohan could have been a star athlete, but instead he's just a regular person.

>Mr. Satan hasn't shown to be able to be a single fighter from the first Budokai from Dragon Ball.

So you think literally none of the multiple times he won the world martial arts tournaments were legit? He has to have SOME prowess to make it to the final match every single time. Among regular humans, he is powerful.

At her strongest Chichi was able to stand up to Goku during one of the tournaments and was stated to rival Roshi in martial arts, if not power. This is all but confirmed by her being Goten's teacher. Chichi would crush Blue telekinesis or no. She could beat Merc Tao, too. I don't see her losing to nearly anyone below King Piccolo level.

it's time

>So you think literally none of the multiple times he won the world martial arts tournaments were legit?

The only tournament Mr. Satan won was the one that took place during the 3 year timeskip while everyone was training for the Androids, the year Goku, Gohan, Kuririn, Piccolo, Tenshinhan and Yamcha did not enter, because they had more important matters to worry about. The title of 'Mr. Satan' is something he won prior to entering the World Torunament and even that came with him lucking into opponents getting food poison and the like.

Mr. Satan winning that tournament had everything to do with Goku and his friends not entering the tournaments anymore and more to do with martial artist with knowledge if ki not entering the tournaments due to that whole ordeal where King Piccolo had his minions going around killing skilled martial artist, then Piccolo Jr. showing up the following year and fighting Son Goku in a death match to where God literally got involved. By the time Mr. Satan became famous for winning a world tournament (see, that one where he beat Spovovich and Jewel), nothing but weak humans who had no notion of what ki control or ki-based techniques, telekinesis or magic were only the only ones entering.

You're really overestimating how strong Mr. Satan is compared to the actual skilled martial artist in Dragon Ball, like King Chappa.

Gohan isn't a thinker when it comes to fighting.

Gohan saw his green dad in agony and he lost his shit and went in guns blazing. There wasn't any planning or thinking.

He has his mothers temper and wierd superhuman/demon genetics and his father insane saiyajin heritage boosting it.

Neither does oxking and he has a powerlevel of 1000.
Hercule doesn't have ki control and he can't carry her granny panties when it comes to fighting.

Bitch is a straight beast with them hands. Not only that, but she should be sitting at a powerlevel of a at least 5k now. She did train and train with kid goten.

Hercules is legitimately strong and he could definitely beat Chichi in a tournament match. The Spovovivich fight shows him on a level that Chichi never attained.

youtube.com/watch?v=HV6dZRJ7xZ4

Dude, Hercule would have gotten embarassed in the 32 budokai.

A videogame story tournament? Not canon.

>He has to have SOME prowess to make it to the final match every single time. Among regular humans, he is powerful.

It's because he does research on all his opponents that he was able to win all those tournaments. Apparently, when he was younger, after acquiring the 'title' of Mr. Satan, after winning the "Satan Castle" tournament, he went out drinking with his master, thinking he was hot shit and pissed off Tao Pai Pai and ended up getting beaten badly and his master killed. From then on he made a vow never to fight opponents without prior knowledge or if the opponent seemed strong.

>Hercules is legitimately strong and he could definitely beat Chichi in a tournament match. The Spovovivich fight shows him on a level that Chichi never attained.

You need to watch Dragon Ball, if you seriously think Mr. Satan fighting Spopovich is impressive. To infer Mr. Satan is anywhere near as strong or fast as Chichi is ridiculous enough, but that you're comparing slow-as-molasses Spopovich to 23rd Budokai Teen Chichi is just comical.

Gohan only reacts without thinking when he's mad enough. Seeing Piccolo getting essentially stabbed over and over again was enough to set him off. Meanwhile, with the Cell Jrs., nothing that shocking really happened. What exactly was the worst that happened, Yamcha getting a broken wrist? Gohan has seen way worse.

I thought Yamcha got killed by one of the little things.

No, that was a Saibamen. Slightly different.

>haha but Piccolo what if 16 shows up out of nowhere and dies forever and Gohan suddenly cares about him so much he becomes ssj2 hahaha

Gohan has always hated seeing brutality towards the innocent. His anger over #16's death stems more from that rather than any sort of sudden bond with him. Although, the whole "I love nature and animals" thing probably helped since Gohan could relate to that.

this wasnt supposed to be about Gohan, this was always about koku

>fate of the world in gohan shoulders
this wouldnt be a problem if this finished ir freeza arc like was supposed to be

Because he grew up. He's one of the few characters in the series to actually settle down and try to live a normal and productive life.

bad writing

No the conclusion of the whole Android Saga left it at a good point. Gohan learns that it's ok to fight for a good cause and Goku passes the torch to his son. Starting up the whole Buu Saga is really what killed it.

Toriyama has written the climaxes of Every. Single. Major. Arc , starting from 23rd Budokai, as a potential series finale and every single one would be satisfactory if allowed to be brought to a conclusion..

Read the manga dumbass. Gohan tries and Cell casually backhands him.

It's not Chichi's fault. That's his nature.

>Gohan isn't a thinker when it comes to fighting.
Which boy does THAT undercut Chi Chi's whole "Brains>Brawn" Argument.
I mean besides Masenko (which always seemed like the shittiest ki move) Gohan has zero technique that much like his father, stole.
He has no battle strategies worth a damn
And he actually makes more mistakes in fights than anyone else.