Lucky Star

Irony, postmodern narrative structure, metadiscussions, intertextuality and self-references

I wanna fuck Konata.

Is there an anime that aged worse?

Haibane Renmei and Kimba
>fucking a flat chest

I can't say it aged poorly, it just wasn't ever that good.

It's weird having been here since 2008 and remembering how insanely popular this show was during its heyday.

It's still very popular for its age.

Yeah definitely. Very few other shows like it, too. It and D Frag and pretty much my go to anime to have running in the background.

Timotei. Timotei. Timoteeeiii.

Best source for reaction pics

>Dancing animu opening.
>anime and visual novel references every five minutes.
>Otaku girlfriend wish fulfillment.
>minor yuri bait
>twintail tsundere fapbait
>Shilling for Aya Hirano and Haruhi, extremely popular voice actress and show at the time.
>dumb catchphrases turned memes, later uploaded onto this new thing called youtube where even more people were introduced.
>Dedicating significant part of episodes to dumb shit like how to eat chocolate cones, dumbfounding viewers.
>Big hatebase, even bigger ironic fanbase just to piss the haters off.
>Not a new premise, but has a "unique" spin to it.
If it had cutaway gags, it would be the Family Guy of anime. The only good thing I remember from it were Minoru Shiraishi, that was funny every now and then.

>ironic
Nah, We weren't that retarded yet back then.

In the half year when Gurren Lagann and Lucky Star aired, 70% of the posts on Sup Forums were from those two shows, did all those people unironically like Lucky Star?

Back then Sup Forums was a much more unified place. We didn't really have generals yet to dedicate a thread to a particular anime. If you were on Sup Forums you'd by necessity partake in the big things that the board cared about. This wasn't about liking it honestly or "ironically", this was about being part of Sup Forums.
That's why there were "NO CODE GEASS" threads when that aired.

tsukasa is CUTE!

Kagamin too!

Only the aesthetics didn't age well for Haibane Renmei, the show is still just as good otherwise.

Boku no Pico

>Haibane Renmei

Care to explain this? I really can't see how it has 'aged poorly"

She's also really cute.

The animation quality I assume. It has some iffy moments.

I wanna have sex with that OST though.

It was the #1 show here, back in 2007. Not like you punks know.

look how old this guy is! a real animo veteran

Is it still popular? I only see like 1 thread a month here with a few posts saying how great it was then quietly hitting page 10.

Animation quality has nothing to do with whether a show has aged well or not

I unironically love Lucky Star.
It was my first anime if you don't count dubbed anime that aired on Western networks.

There wasn't any catalog so it was easier to just make new threads instead of digging through 10 pages to find existing threads.

I think you meant TTGL?

Yes it does. It's not everything, mind you, but saying it's not a contributing factor is flat out wrong.

It honestly surprises me that people can enjoy it as their first anime considering the amount of references it makes. Cute is justice, I guess.

There is nothing to discuss.

You can enjoy the show even without getting the references. The fact that you understand that it's references is enough for an 18 year old to feel satisfied (and superior to imaginary fools who can't even tell that it's a reference). One of my first anime shows was Excel Saga.

Depends on what type of anime we're talking about. Some will suffer way more from having poor visuals than others, Haibane is not the type anime that would've greatly benefited from being flawless in that department anyway. It already looked like shit in 2002, and everybody and their mother knows that you're not in for pure eye-candy with that show. It's not completely unsavageable visually (I still love the art and color palette as well as the character designs, and it has some standout moments) but it obviously became a classic for other reasons.

post moar

what about that related show that came out 4 years ago?

This looks like something you'd see if Shaft made Lucky Star

I'd let Tsukasa rape me.

I did and still do.

Love Hina, Excel Saga, Tenchi Muyo, Shakugan no Shana, Elfen Lied.

>Shiraishi

WA WA WA

WA WA WA WA WA WA

WA WA WA WASUREMONOOOOOOOOO

lol this weirdo ran out of disturbing images haha