Sup Forums

I realized just now that most of you have shit taste. Not just in the individual anime you like, but on a fundamental level. You completely miss the point of animation and want it to be something it's not. Anime is, first and foremost, about the animation and how good it looks, and how creatively it's used. A really detailed plot is all nice and well, but if it has poor animation it might as well just be put in a manga or novel. A series with a simple, silly, stupid, or "fun" plot, but good animation used creatively, and good visuals, is a better anime than a series with a good plot, but shitty animation. This doesn't mean an anime with a good plot and poor animation can't be good, but an anime with good animation, style, visuals, and creative use, it's always fundamentally a better anime.

Anime is by NATURE a medium that is style over substance.

Now, many of you enjoy substance over style better, and thus your favorite kind of anime reflects that. it's not that those are not good works in themselves, but rather that they are not the best representation of what anime as a medium is. They may be very good, but they do not represent what anime should ideally be, instead only a certain niche of anime that succeeds as a story but fails as an animation.

By it's very nature anime is style first, and a series which gives style a backseat is not good as an anime.

Many of you will not like reading this. It's that you have shit taste for liking the anime that you like, nor that they are bad works in their own right, but rather that if the reason you dislike an anime is because it puts style and animation over substance, you have shit taste in anime and it isn't the medium for you. Manga is more suited to your preferences.

It's not that either medium is superior, but that they have different qualities which a series or work should be judged by.

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.fireden.net/a/thread/143904952/#143904952
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Tldr

Didn't even read your shit faggot
Just wanted to tell you that everybody but me has shit taste

>be me 3
>eating a cake
>vomit the cake
>cry to mommy
wow

Why does it have to be one before the other? Just like most things in life the highest quality is that which balances multiple facets effectively. Plot is essential to anime because its a tv show and tv shows tell stories. Style is essential to anime because the plot is communicated to you through the art itself (and music and voiceacting). Style and Substance are equally important

I have good taste

I just want cute 2d beings doing, funny/cute/lewd things. Sometimes I want them to fight.

That's about it.

dumb yellow animelist poster

>less than 200 series
>THE
>ABSOLUTE
>STATE
>OF
>Sup Forums

dumb yellow trollface poster

>falling for ancient bait

Unironically why Gainax is king.

>I realized just now that most of you have shit taste
If it took you more than five seconds you must be retarded.

may it as be you can't deny this pretty much isn't a bait anymore

at this point it DOES illustrate the state of Sup Forums

>Posting Chu2
Opinion discarded without even reading it first.
Your opinion is shit.

>Anime is by NATURE a medium that is style over substance.
????

Nice blog

I too thought it was a nice blog.

So, what you're saying is that your taste is shittier than mine?

dumb goldface poster

>I realized just now that most of you have shit taste.
Holy shit sempai

boards.fireden.net/a/thread/143904952/#143904952
I knew this looked familiar

And here I was about to reply seriously

Back to