Steamed potatoes with unsalted butter

>steamed potatoes with unsalted butter
Do they really expect me to believe that a girl would cream her panties over this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Uu5zGHjRaMo
youtube.com/watch?v=atj_WlIfzZg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Sounds good to me. Simple, but good.

I was surprised Chef didn't use salted butter or add any salt.

>food for two year olds
Really japan? You expect me to believe a male teenager would feel fulfilled by eating this shit?

Don't get me wrong, I'm fond of steamed potatoes
Excactly. Am I just too American to appreciate unsalted foods?

Dunno about creaming her panties, but potatoes with butter (salted or unsalted) is really damn good.

Omurice like that is more about the service by a cute waitress than the food itself

As an American as well I don't like lots of salt, but I also don't like no salt (depending on the dish, of course). Seasoning can go a long way in adding additional flavor even if you only use a little.

Don't diss omurice. youtube.com/watch?v=Uu5zGHjRaMo

I literally just got back from the store and bought unsalted butter. Though I'm actively trying to cut back on the stuff.

>Seasoning can go a long way in adding additional flavor even if you only use a little.
Exactly. My take on this was that the chef was trying to get her to appreciate the cooking method rather than the flavors so she wouldn't get too bummed out when she is forced to eat her potatoes without any toppings or seasoning at all in her world

>we will never find out if fruit with custard or cream is better
Good job cutting out the important content, Japs

salt your taters

Time to make it yourself and decide.

I put salt and olive oil on my taters when I bake them.

Has anyone here actually had a fruit sandwich? The concept sounds strange outside of jellies/jams/marmalade/etc

Girls aren't allowed to enjoy potatoes now?

No weirder than an ice cream sandwich.

An ice cream sandwich is usually made with a type of cookie or sweet biscuit as the "bread" though

Why not do the same for a fruit sandwich, then? Use a sweet bread rather than a savory one.

He's the only right one

that omurice lizard cracks me up

That looks awful.

>tons of dishes
>only tries a select few

They expect me to believe this?

It's actually historically accurate to be impressed by unsalted butter. In the Middle Ages, butter was very heavily salted in order to preserve it and keep it from going rancid. Oftentimes, medieval cooks had to wash the butter and mix it with fresh churned butter in order to tone down the saltiness before cooking with it.

Unsalted butter was thus a very rare culinary condiment, and often used only by the very rich. When made from traditionally-raised cows, the unsalted butter would take on the complex, multi-layered flavor of the various grasses, germs, and fruits eaten by the ruminant. Butter made from factory farms like what you buy in the grocery store lacks that flavor, which medieval dieticians referred to as sweet, though it was certainly more complex and varied depending on the region.

Additionally, assuming it's a fantasy Europe and things like potatoes and tomatoes are rare, the combination of the sweet butter and soft, hot potato would be a very unique texture.

Are they going to start helping one another outside of the restaurant?

Aletta survives off of potatoes, it's more like Ireland.

> the unsalted butter would take on the complex, multi-layered flavor of the various grasses, germs, and fruits eaten by the ruminant.
So if you feed cows garlic shoots you'll get garlic butter?

B R U H

What's the sauce that he pours over it?

Jams are fruits if you think about it

Oh, okay. I'm like 2 weeks behind because I only watch this season's anime with a bunch of other people.

baked potato with butter on it before baking so it gets a golden brown glaze is the fucking bomb
unsalted butter is shit though

I ate this kind of butter, it is really incomparable with chain grocery store stuff. Regular crepes with that butter only were absolutely amazing, even the tea to go with it was without any sweetener. It also exist in the state like that maybe 5 days max.

>unsalted butter
Anyone who gets their panties wet over that trash should develop better tastes.

>It also exist in the state like that maybe 5 days max.
Then it becomes a health food! Seriously, unsalted rancid butter was a dietary cleanser and general health food, like active charcoal. There were also "butter washers" who would buy up rancid butter cheap, cut off the outside layers, then wash the remainder in fresh milk to make "fresh" butter.

#woah

Demiglace

Why the fuck is Laverne and Shirley playing in the background

They are Japanese, they don't do flavor.

my question on jap food, is why are their "spicy" foods so fucking bland. >order their hottest curry
>it's super mild

and current house wives (both) can't even get a proper watermelon. All that medieval scum any commoner used to to know and defuse daily, goddammit

or I mean scam

For the curries it's the indian places, baka
also japs are one of those hungry island nations. And it's how they are so genetically small as well.

I was in the mood for something spicy. hard to find an actual Indian place in japan. their sweets are good though. shame i don't like sweets.

sweets are weird in asian countries because they put that red bean shit in everything.

ice creams are in between the sweets and food, the green tea one is nice.

That's true of anywhere spices aren't a naturally grown ingredient. A lot of Japanese cooing is about maximizing the taste of basic ingredients through cooking skills like knife work, ingredient evaluation, and aging rather than correctly mixing a bunch of shit together like say India.

korea is right next to japan and they use tons of peppers

Japan is an island that cut itself off from trade and culture from the rest of the world for thousands of years. Korea was a peasant region that bowed to ruler of the continent whose power would sometimes reach as far down as India.

korea got peppers from the portuguese who were also in contact with japan

If you don't there's something wrong with you.
Potatoes are the fucking best thing ever.

Potatoes are bland as fuck.

So are most unseasoned dishes, though?

No they aren't, you're just shit at cooking them. Also, that's what the butter is for, little kids that can't appreciate the taste of pure spud.

You dont have to be American to like seasoning. Potatoes are bland as fuck, and just putting unsalted butter doesnt do anything except add moisture.

>salted butter
America was a mistake

>I dislike seasoning

Next youll say well done steak is the only way to cook it.

Potatoes are too thick to absorb flavouring properly. The only way to get them to behave is if you mash them.

Omurice is cheap comfort food that can also be found in family restaurants and cafeterias. While maid cafe omurice are cutesy, it is mostly for blue collar workers who need a lot of calories in a hurry. It also tastes delicious

Cutting baked potatoes in half and adding toppings on it is really good, though.

QUALITY

Do you not own a knife?
youtube.com/watch?v=atj_WlIfzZg

Not all potatoes are large.
Thumb sized young potatoes are really tasty and get flavor from the seasonings on the water they were boiled in.
It's a shame that almost all of the potatoes sold tend to be fully grown and from large cultivars

I'm surprised I didn't notice that beforehand

Considering the Japanese lunch alternative is like, a lump of low-grade fish + some rice, yeah, potatoes are a fucking godsend. In the west you see only the gourmet or restaurant level food produced by Japan, but their school food and common food is complete garbage. Anything is better.

>but their school food and common food is complete garbage
B-b-but muh pretty bento boxes with octopus-shaped sausages!

Japs with curly hair?

Don't forget their noodle sandwichs for starch in your starch, dawg. Or just a plain lump of bread, like it's the still the middle ages.

>Or just a plain lump of bread
I used to hollow out baguettes. Super tasty.

Your name wouldn't happen to be Oliver Twist would it?

If you eat literal trash for days, yes.

You know what's fucked? That nobody in this fantasy world can cook bread or potatoes.

Reminder that potatoes are shitty starch chock full of fat and fatty acids and too much water content compared to other starches and are literally shit for you. Also contains glycoalkaloid, which can literally make you sick if you dont prepare them correctly.

Some parts of China love spicy foods while others barley use it. Culinary culture is way more complicated than just access.
I haven't read into it entirely but there is a correlation between regions with hot climates and spicy foods. If I remember correctly there's also one with access to meat and ways to preserve it.

>but there is a correlation between regions with hot climates and spicy food
You mean places where spices are grown? Yeah.

Potatoes didn't reach Europe until the discovery of the New World. Maybe the fantasy world hasn't found them yet?

Still better than western school cafeteria food which is processed garbage.

I eat plain bread when fresh. Of course most people only eat processed crap and don't know how real bread tastes like.

Not that user, but hollow baguette with a bit of soft cheese is fucking fantastic. French frog fucker btw.

I'm the same way, I go to different places to eat different things but at any given restaurant I usually only have one thing I like to order.

wait omrice is just an omelet over rice? thought it was like cooked inside the omelet.

I don't think you could make fried rice that way.

Only semen.

i thought you precooked the fried rice then poured it inside the omelet so the whole outside would be omelet. not just an omelet over rice

You can do that too, and I'm sure plenty of people do. You can't actually cook the rice in the omelet though.

There are people who can do this and yet I still can't flip my own omelets without occasionally tearing them.

Damn....that was true skill. Normally you cut the egg to spread it open.

Everybody has pretty easy access to spices these days, but appetite for it still centers around the equator.
You'd think that people eat the stuff because of the temperature and not because they can grow it in their backyard.

The guy is at least 40, you just need another 10 years of practice.

Yeah well he isn't that much older than me then.

I like stuff with azuki bean in it.

the fuck are you doing here, and why are you posting cute anime girls on a Vietnamese coffee brewing forum?

Never EVER bully the eldery again you dumb whore.

Have you ever heard of this thing called culture? Eating the same food your parents did? Its only been a few generations since spices have become readily accessible to the poor outside of the regions they are grown.of the regions

elderly*

What else am I supposed to do?