Toradora!

I finally picked up this show after hearing several good things over the years and I ended up binging all of it over the course of two days. Wasn't expecting to like it as much as I did so I wanted to start a thread about it.

How did Sup Forums feel about Toradora? What do you like and dislike about it?

I thought it was especially nice that the main cast of five all had their own important roles to play in pushing the story forward and no episode particularly felt like filler to me.

Good shit. Taiga a cute.

People meme about it being the greatest love story ever told, it's not.

Just watch more anime.

in no way do I feel its the greatest love story ever told but I'll admit that I did feel its definitely among the strongest love stories that I've seen, thus far.

It also had some great scenework and much of its dramatic points I felt were earned, not shoehorned. I liked that, in many cases, the show was so much more then just a garden variety love story.

Please user, list off the ones you found better. I'm not being sarcastic I just haven't seen a good one since Kare Kano and am in the mood for one.

Literally everything Adachi writes, Maison Ikkoku, Only Yesterday---wait a minute, I'm spoonfeeding you for literally no reason.

Thanks for the obvious ones, better luck next time. Also Ikkoku is shit, her best work by a country mile but extended because of pointless misunderstandings like every other thing she put out.

>the obvious ones
It's not my fault their the best ones. Also, I don't really consider Only Yesterday to be an obvious choice.
All listed are 10x better than the melodrama trash that is Toradora.

I'm actually about half way through right now, what a coincidence. Probably gonna get out of this thread after I post this so I don't get spoiled but I'm enjoying it a lot so far. Its kind of hitting me like Chuunibyou did where I wasn't expecting it to get as heavy as it does, but I like that. Ryuji's a good guy and his relationship with Taiga is pretty cute
Minorin really creeps me out for some reason and I cannot put my finger on why

If you like Toradora you should watch Lovely Complex. Its amazingly good too me.

OP here. Ryuji was an awesome MC. Ridiculously considerate of everyone around him, despite his outward appearance. I thought he was written very well. I thought most of the characters were, honestly.

It was okay. I liked the first half more than the second half and it gets crazy rushed towards the end. It has some really great standout moments, but on a whole I didn't think it was especially great or bad. The threads when it was airing sure were a lot of fun though.

I'm sad I missed those threads.

The show really did have some awesome moments but I do understand what you mean by the rushing towards the end. I thought they nailed the emotional payoff during the last arc, though, so it turned out fine by me.

and it only happened a couple of times but I really enjoyed it whenever two characters got into a fight. Felt like the scene was done by a guest animator but I thought they flowed well.

>Ryuji was an awesome MC.
This.
Ryuji has been my role model ever since I watched Toradora all those years ago.

Ryuji is not a beta bitch faggot like those other MCs we got these days.
This is the guy who has rough family circumstances but instead of turning into a delinquent like his father, he become responsible and take care of not only himself but two other people.

What I like about Toradora is every character has realistic problems and insecurities that they try to overcome, and how everyone is more than the stereotype they appear to embody.

Binge the rest and then post results.

Overhyped shit. Midori is cute

Ami is cuter!

slut fake idol

This. Absolutely.

I especially liked Ami's role in the story. She comes off as a bitch at the beginning and while she's very much still a bitch in the end, you realize she's multi-dimensional and her presence here was absolutely needed to keep a level head on Ryuji's shoulders about everything. About his confusion over his crush and what exactly his relationship with Taiga is. Not to mention giving him reality checks whenever he was being a dumbass about anything, like with Taiga's father and arguing with Minori over it.

All while dealing with her own insecurities and her own growing fondness of Ryuji throughout the series, despite knowing from the beginning she wouldn't win in the end.

Taiga ruined it.

>I finally picked up this show
Are you new to anime and Sup Forums?

Everything Adachi writes looks and feels like the same story.

I kind of wished I liked Toradora as much as anons like this. When people talk about it, they make it sound like exactly the kind of thing that's right up my alley. Maybe with a rewatch it might be better, because I haven't seen it since it aired.

Though I do specifically recall Ami being best girl.

Ami is best for being the mature. But Taiga is the best in suiting Ryuji and also best in luck/destiny.

no sir. Been watching anime for quite a long time. This one just happened to pass me by and it ended up on my back log for a few years. I just finally got around to watching it.

As far as Sup Forums goes, I've lurked on Sup Forums for several years and I post occasionally. This is the board I most frequent. Hope your question was answered, user.

agreed on both fronts!

shit. meant to reply to this post.

Wrong anime.

Umineko is the greatest love story ever told.

you may find you'll get much more out of it the 2nd time around without having to wait 7 days in between episodes. This show feels like one that would've been tough to watch week to week as it was airing.

Toradora is the greastest love story ever told because it's realistic and relatable,

not to mention Ryuji and Taiga is scientifically proven to be the perfect couple.

Ryuji is mature before his age and his height is perfect for manhandling Taiga's tiny body
Taigi is small and cute but doesn't act like a child, and she is a legal loli.
Both of them are affectionate without being obnoxiously lovey-dovey onscreen

also they hold hands, and that's more than some faggots harem romcom MC can possibly hope to pull off in their lifetime

Taiga's behavior completely shocked me, yet it's the only show I've ever seen where I fell sleep worrying about the characters.

Man, I fell in love with those characters.

Toradora may be the most normie anime that Sup Forums will admit to liking. It is the greatest love story ever told.

what was Sup Forums like when episode 25 aired originally?

the only time i see Toradora with Sup Forums is during the annual Christmas marathon and that was pretty comfy

>gay incest

>Ami is best for being the mature

>normie
>reddit spacing
>barely coherent english

Fucking Amifags still falseflagging toradora out of butthurt all these years later.

Ami will never be your bro

this

Along with being the greatest mystery and meta-story ever told, yes.

fuck off
Taiga is a shit tsundere and is nothing like Louise

That's true, but I still thought he could have handled the situation with Minori better. I get that he comes to terms with his more substantial feelings for Taiga so he chooses her in the end, but he never apologised or even acknowledged what he put Minori went through.

Minori certainly got the worst ending out of the bunch but did she really showed that strong of affection towards Ryuji? I only saw that at Christmas party episode while Taiga showed her affection much much earlier?

>How did Sup Forums feel about Toradora? What do you like and dislike about it?
Shit anime.

Taiga a shit.

Ami a best.

When they were chasing after Taiga in the corridor she admitted she's always been in love with him so Ryuji would then know she turned him down and suppressed her feelings for Taiga's sake. When they went to the nurse's office and he said he loved Taiga he could have at least thanked her.

>posting that comment in any thread about toradora, shakugan no shana, or zero no tsukaima
That's fucking rich.

>Ami being mature

This meme needs to fucking end.