I'm late, but is this a good ending in your opinion? Soul Eater thread

I'm late, but is this a good ending in your opinion? Soul Eater thread.

No, the last arc as whole felt like he wasn't into it anymore.

The ending was shit.
Also Patty best girl.

The final villain was pretty shit desu

>The anime got courage punch
>Everyone laughs about how shitty it was
>The manga got friendship seal

It had been a clusterfuck ever since they got all the souls, so no.

To be fair, the seal was made of the kishin's blood (like the previous one wich was made of his skin) and Chrona was sacrified for that purpouse. She also needed the book of i don't remember, the most powerful book in the world to make the seal

The author should have given Crona a real non-ambiguous ending.
Other than that I have no complaints, except for Black Star getting too overpowered for a human for no real reason, and stealing the spotlight from Soul and Maka.

Shitty, rushed, no build up, no character arc.

No
>not even an ending kiss
Fuck ohkubo and specially for the travesty that was Not!

Plot hole and unsolved character background everywhere

Soul Eater Not worth reading? I heard it's yurishit though

Can't believe best girl (Marie) got impregnated
Chrona is pretty much dead

It was alright, Crona's sacrifice gave SOME weight to the whole thing, but overall it felt like it lacked some sort of impact, and wasn't that entertaining.
Honestly, I am really partial to the anime ending, it so much more entertaining and I'd even argue that the punch thing is very thematically coherent.
It's fun, I'd say yes.

What was the deal with White Star?

Did the manga wrap up his story?

I'd say it actually managed to be worse than the anime ending.
It's such a shame how this story fell apart.

I still can't believe we got absolutely no resolution on her mom.

No

Same for the werewolf, or the chainsaw guy, or every fucking one

>most powerful meister
>didn't do anything to save the world

best boy stein got his screentime in the last arc so yes, the only thing bad is what was too short to cause a kind of shock (like fmab). Other than that probably just what said about black star

At least chainsaw guy got his panel time.

I just remember White Star being hyped and then nothing else happened.

Free didn't win the Frog?

Wasn't blackstars whole literal shtick to try and transcend godhood purely through the determination of man

Look at this Guy

Black Star was literally the best part of the manga post timeskip. Dude literally had all the good fights in the manga.

There was a fucking timeskip? Why do I not remember?

Despite all the hate it gets, the last chapter was incredibly fun, but the same thing can't be said about the last arc.
It's a mess, probably one of the worst arc I ever read.

It wasn't a long one just a few months after the battle at Baba Yaga one where Soul becomes a death scythe Black Star gets to about stein's level etc. Most noticeably displayed by everyones change in Outfits and formation of Spartoi I think.

Doesn't mean it should actually happen.
Stronger than Maka, sure, even become god in his own right, but stronger than Kid who essentially has become a Great Old One is just nonsense.

That scene where he grabbed a laser and ate a beam and shot it back at Kishin was just fucking ridiculous.

>Crona
>non-ambiguous

It felt like he just refused to do anything the anime did.
>No Stein madness
>No city with legs

I'd even argue that the punch thing is very thematically coherent.
>entire series stresses on the importance of teamwork between both weapon/meister combinations and with other pairs as well
>only Maka can defeat the Kishin since apparently only she has "courage"

Nice "thematic cohererence" there. I think Fairy Tail might've done it better though.

It was like Needless all over again

>The anime made Saiten out to be another Adam clone
>Everyone laughs about how shitty it was
>The manga made Saiten out to ACTUALLY be fucking Adam
>The "real" Adam was a clone all along

Also

GUYS

GUYS

WHERE IS NEEDLESS 2

GUYS

YOU SAID THERE'D BE NEEDLESS 2

WHERE IS NEEDLESS 2 GUYS

Chainsaw guy (girl) exploded, did he not?

Yeah but literally ZERO background exposition

>I'd even argue that the punch thing is very thematically coherent.

>entire series stresses on the importance of teamwork between both weapon/meister combinations and with other pairs as well
>only Maka can defeat the Kishin since apparently only she has "courage"

Nice "thematic coherence" there. I think Fairy Tail might've done it better though.

Was the threesome not enough?

It wasn't romantic though, it just happened out of nowhere

Wasn't it because Soul had black blood in him or something?
Also I was looking forward to Maka's mom. Why the fuck didn't she appear?

Anime is shit, pure and simple.
It should have never been made.
The manga can be quite fun depending on the arc, but it fails to deliver a meaningful end.
Blackstar is best girl by far, the only issue being that he seems to be stronger than Kid. Who is literally a fledgling god.
I would of liked to see Blackstar die literally sacrificing himself to defeat an enemy.
Soul is sort of useless

Because even the strongest Witch only got a guest appearance

So who the fuck was that short little devil inside Soul?

His interpretation of the black blood

It is a simple as fuck symbolism. Is your brain made of shit or what?

I wasn't a big fan when it came out but after rereading my volumes a few years later, I found it pretty nice.

I know some anons can't help but whine that it wasn't a Naruto ending.

>Maka's mom never appears in either
I'm not OK with this

No it was pretty shit
Also they should have banged

>irrelevant non character doesn't appear
I'm perfectly fine with that.

Buttblasted shipper detected. Being some ichirukist would make that picture complete.

>>Also they should have banged
They did. +Blair.

Romance doesn't belong in shounen. It ruined shit like Naruto and Fairy Tail.

Dont kid yourself

Fairy Tail is pure unfiltered shit with or without the romance shit

They did but it was basically a gag

Those were shit with or without romance.

Watched anime, the ending was awful. Went to read manga hoping it would be better, but it was also awful. Couldn't finish the manga. Fuck this shit, wadted opportunities is even worse than with naruto.

You're right actually. FT was so garbage. But the shitty author caved in to the fan's most popular ships.

>No Stein plus Medusa
It's just not fair

You meant awesome.

Speaking of FT, was it cancelled or something? I didn't read the ending because I dropped that garbage, but I heard the ending was so rushed that everyone was laughing at the author.

Blackstar is the strongest human to ever lived. It was somewhat implied that blackstar already reached godhood of war, while Kid just became through inherit from his father and everyone knows got thought yourself > inherited

It got friendship punch end just like every other arc

It has been friendship punch since the dawn of time, the friendship punch is the alpha and the omega

People try to glorify Fairu Tail's fan service, but in reality the author only know to draw like two body types i am pretty sure you niggas just used it as an excuse to cover your shit taste

I dropped the manga back them when Gajeel (or wahtever the name was that steel natsu) came back as friend, after that I gave it a try again and it became somewhat cool in the thunder guy arc but the ending of the arc was bs and everything after, nevermore touched that shit manga, but I do admit, wise decision from the author for using lewd pairing because only the art is going on for him.

As shit as the ending was I like the fact that Crona took responsibility for his actions instead of using his hard life as an excuse like almost all shonen villains with similar backgrounds. Also Spartoi B-team needs their own book

Yeah I kind of felt blueballed that there was no definite conclusion on that, the threesome grew on me though.
All in all I liked Soul Eater a lot. It doesn't really take itself too seriously which is nice.
Also Maka is probably one of the bestest girls in all of shonen history.

Why is there no Soul eater Not translation?

It was a real big let down towards the end even more so than the anime. I'm still mad Maka's mom never appeared, Corona was a shit villain and overall annoying character, and the end was pretty unsatisfying. I mean sure Soul gets a threesome with Maka and Blair, but I don't feel like Soul and Maka's relationship progressed anywhere.

Yeah I'm glad I dropped this garbage.

it was meh. The final boss's entrance and the entire setting of the final battle, the moon, was pretty cool, though. Spooky as fuck, just like I wanted. really, it was about the same feeling I had for the ending of the anime.

Blackstar was indeed the best

HONK

Especially since there was so much development between the two MCs
Wouldn't have hurt to just add a kiss at the end

I liked it as a whole, the ending was terrible though. It was just much boring than everything else.

Also, I loved the artstyle, I would like to see something else on that artstyle.

Is the anime worth watching? I know that the ending is bullshit and all that, but the animation and artstyle look really nice.

it is
Maka has best va ever
excalibur is great too

>the animation and artstyle look really nice.
This is literally the only reason to watch/read it. Honestly the story is meh, but what shounen story isn't?

GARBAGE

their relationship was a fuckin waste

is the manga any good?

Only plebs and chronafags dislike this ending, you literally can't prove me wrong

When was this in the manga?

The last chapter. Maka and soul also have a very obvious "we are a couple now" chat afterwards. If you needed them to kiss you have some kind of difficulity picking up social cues

Absolutely shit

I can't believe he didn't do the courage punch