Why do you prefer to watch sub when you can't speak Japanese? Is it because you are perhaps retarded virgin?

Why do you prefer to watch sub when you can't speak Japanese? Is it because you are perhaps retarded virgin?

I prefer dubs actually. Like these. Check em

I too prefer dubs actually. Like these. Check em

nice bait

Only dubs I like are these ones.

Subs. Dubs are for faggots.

That was just a warm up I meant THESE DUBS

I do not fuck with dubs because trips. Check em

Did someone say dubs?

Those dubs are okay, but I prefer these ones.

But i can.

Well, I'm kinda going deaf, so it's not as if I've got a choice here.

Check my five anons.

dubs confirms

>why do you prefer to watch something subtitled in your own language when you can't understand the language being spoken
so what do you do when you hear people talk in a foreign tongue in real life? Put your fingers in your ears and pretend you can't hear them?

Imperialist faggot

If I get trips OP has to fucking kill himself.

>you can't speak Japanese

Boy, you are making some very fancyfull assumptions right here.

Dialogue in anime is cringey but I feel less cringe hearing it in another language.

fuck off narutards

Well then. Thread over.

STOP

I keep forgetting that most if not all of Sup Forums are so vehemently against English dubs. Japanese voice acting isn't perfect either. There are some royal fuck ups. Just so happens that with dubs, it happens more often than not.

>Waiting 2 years for a dub to get released

it doesn't matter if you can speak Japanese or not you can still sense different pitches and vocal range emitting from Ching Ching chong ching im a retarded virgin lol

I watch a bit of the first episode as sub and dub. I pick whichever I think is better

There has been like, 2 or 3 good performances lately

Japanese VA get what they get because of marketing and celebrity status. If people were actually familiar with the language they would be complaining a lot, the cringy dialogue doesn't help. Sometimes I end up enjoying dubs more than the original.

CCS Mexican dub > original

Nice

Nice job user.

Not all mex dubs are good but some are, still prefer sub by far

Dragon Ball is one of those

Yeah, sometimes the Japanese voice acting can be really cringy so I look somewhere else. If there isn't any, I just deal with it.

>Why do you prefer to watch sub when you can't speak Japanese? Is it because you are perhaps retarded virgin?

Creators intent.

Dragon ball dub is good, but the series isnt.

Ranma is good too, one punch man is decent, death note ia good

Because a sub won't change dialogue to "muh gamergate" "muh patriarchy"

>I watch show X in dub
>Wtf why?
>Dude show X dub is actually pretty good, its even better then in Japanese
>Go watch show X dub
>Its shit

Every fucken time.

Dubs are universally shit in all genres.
The only decent dubs are disney movies like Frozen and shit like that, then they will actually dish out the cash to hire good voice actors or should I say ACTUAL voice actors not random guy/girl from the street X that needs a part time job.

Madman

Kenshin dub was godtier

Most of the time this isn't intent, it's just what is readily available at a reasonable cost. Some anime and video games required all dialogue or a large part of it to be in a foreigner language or a made up language, but would have been an impossible task. It's no wonder some content creators have said a dub in X language was better to the original Japanese.

Video games usually have less scenes and far more budget than anime productions, so more often they can afford good foreigner voice actors to create and release the game exactly as it was intended (Example: Capcom, Grasshopper and Platinum. Their games never get a Japanese dub option or get it much later in a re-release). Anime usually ends up hiring any random foreigner living in Japan.

>Americans

>what is readily available at a reasonable cost
What the fuck are you talking about? This certainly doesn't apply to anime.

I thought the Devil is a Part Timer dub was pretty good

The same reason I want to watch a European movie in its original audio? Are you actually fucking autistic?

Omedeitou!

Why is this thread still up?

Mods want us to get more dubs to please to dub gods apparently.

>Why do people do things way x when I like to do them way Y
Yeaahh sure

Murican voice actress suck so much they talk like a 60 year old german farmer, english speakers can be cute period.

Spanish (the mex one), french and italian can this only demostrates the superiority of the latin lenguages

VA agencies' directories

Put in a little more effort please

Oh I see, you're talking about something completely unrelated.

Who watches European movies? Are you actually fucking autistic?

Who watches American movies? They're all trash

OP has no intention to have a real discussion, janny. Delete this thread.

Why would I watch subs when I can't speak English?

You can go and write an anime plot in hard mode if you want, it has to be about pizza though.

Europe makes less but better movies that murican shit like emoji and superheroes

Why do you prefer to watch American movies in English instead of Italian? Are you an uncultured hick?

Sure is fucking voodoo in this thread.

It depends. Is the dub good? Do the voice actors try their best? Does the dub actually add something to the end product, resulting in a new experience? Is the original dialogue suited to translation, or is it really poor and doesn't sound like an actual conversation? I feel like it's easier to critique a dub in my own language because I can recognize traits that otherwise don't fit well and/or don't stand out in languages I do not know. It's also important to note things like tone and inflection, as these can transcend language and alter the experience heavily regardless of background. Emotional resonance is important in writing, both in written and spoken dialogue. Voice actors, english or otherwise, can miss the mark from time to time. Exposure also tempers our expectations. Those who heard a show one way may prefer it to other versions because of first impressions.

Check' em

Nice

Sure is inferior species in here

As expected of the strongest yosei.

Watch this 6

>offbyone
let's try again.

I came here to check at you

Behold

My 9!!

Fucking bakas, off by ones

So you can't understand Japanese but if it sounds good spoken you'll just take it and get off to it? What's the point? Sub will never be accurate to the actual language anyway because of the cultural differences and customs you'll never get to experience if you haven't lived in Japan.

>some content creators have said a dub in X language was better to the original Japanese
I can't recall someone providing a source for these though? The classical example is Bebop, but the best you can find is Watanabe saying he thought it sounded good. When trying to find a source for these things it usually only leads to tvtropes as well, which isn't exactly a good sign.

I want dub too.

>all off by one

Oh shit

>Is it because you are perhaps retarded virgin?
Fuck, you found me out
How will I ever recover

Also;
>He can't speak Japanese

Nah.

OH SHIT

Damn, Chek'd

good dub

Would you watch an American TV show like Seinfeld if it was dubbed in Japanese or some other foreign language?

nadynedrive

Well shit.

Sometimes I enjoy dubs when my friends recommend them
Fate/Zero is the best case of dub being better; Matthew Mercer is great

I like my murican shows only in russian

I'd watch curb your enthusiasm instead

Wew lad