Name a better isekai. I'll wait

Name a better isekai. I'll wait

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Stranded_in_fantasy
mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=20212
isekaintr.wordpress.com/when-i-was-summoned-to-another-world-likes-ntr-skill-appeared/
youtube.com/watch?v=ajiAvb_XfNM&
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

There is no such thing as good isekai.

>Isekai
>Implying we can rank them when they're all shit.

I want her to sit on my face

1d4chan.org/wiki/Stranded_in_fantasy

A New York Yankee at King Arthur's Court was pretty solid

what about Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo!?

Dont lump modern template isekai with old isekai

Dog Days

That one with the birdo.

I've got you.

This series is the epitome of trash isekai/anime.

Evil dead 3 there s even a car and a chainsaw, no robot nor katana
Anyway my guess is you will jump on deathmarch when it will show

The Chronicles of Narnia is pretty great.

>looks through isekai manga

>almost all them have male MCs
>almost all of them have a MC with a "cheat ability"which is usually retarded like making him level 10x as strong as the local heroes
>almost all of them completely disregard how the MC was transported to another world or it's quickly glossed over with "summoned" or "god did it"
>the MC usually looks like a skinny teenager or worse but girls fall madly in love with him anyway
>the MC can string the girls on forever and they will never get tired of it or find it strange that the MC is scared shitless of physical contact with girls
>the girls always have paper thin personalities and are best remembered by their stereotypes like "dumb big breasted elf"
>the other world is always potrayed as a paradise even though a medieval fantasy world without modern toilets or conveniences would be really shitty to live in
>characters are usually one dimensional, girl meets MC, instantly lusts for his dick. Villain meets MC, instantly hates him and does evil things. Etc.
>MC always instantly speaks the local language and has no problems fitting into another culture nor do people discriminate against him based on his foreign appearance

Are there any isekai series without most of these problems? Only one that I have found that comes close is "simply good taste for a duke's daughter". Not counting stuff like Drifters which is mostly about samurai fighting on another battlefield.

Yes

>Challenged by Sir Kay to a joust, Aaron Judge duly vanquished the knight with a line drive.

Magic Knight Rayearth

There s the one where mc got reincarnated into a werewolf working for a demon lord, no Hud, no card skill list. Have to invade then govern a city, work and live among human deal with the woman who ruled the city in a world where demon and human just fight each other.
Forgot the name since 11 just like longass title

Is this the designated isekai thread or smartphone isekai thread?

Re:zero

Black Knight.

isekai shokudou

As someone who's read a ton of isekai, Salve Harem is probably one of the best ones. Simple SoL with steady progression. MC is OP compared to the average person, but compared to other Isekai MC's he falls a bit short. He's exceedingly cautious and prefers to slowly build his strength in relative safety which is a nice change of pace from "lol lets dive right in and no worries but I have just the thing".

Its isekai to a point, but at the end of the day their just using magic to go back and forth from an alien planet to earth. Its not really im stranded in another world.

isekai no seikishi monogatari

It's okay but completely dwarfed by Arisu in Wonderland

Isekai done right, its a shame it aged so poorly. Its basically slayers lvl retardery.

Best Isekai Coming Through

This one's pretty good so far
>Job hopper gets isekai'd into a notIndia on the verge of industrial revolution where race mixing is so bad there are almost no humans left
>Becomes Berserker after drinking Princess's magic titty milk
>Skills from his part time jobs actually become useful in battles when he can't access magic titty milk
>Berserker form actually not overpowered and couldn't just steamroll the first major boss fight
>Gets princess and Britbong elf wet for him, Muslim dwarf princess also interested in him

Infinitely better usage of modern knowledge than smartphone and he doesn't even have a smartphone on him

I thank Amahara for making this so popular.

I found that quite strange as well.
The premise was there for a long time, but after amahara there's a noticeable increase of t. I wonder why.

Boo Boo, but that involves traveling back and forth and still has some RPG mechanics sort of only made less annoying due to it being the interpretation of the magic used by the humans traveling from Earth to the isekai world and back.

Read Hisou no Himo
It addresses all your problems.

I read this, I enjoyed it a lot, got to the latest chapter, now im getting blue balled with everyone else waiting for new chapters that apparently come out once or twice a year.

To be fair this is actually a half decent story, the setting hasnt been done to death, and like you said his knowledge is actually usefull, but not as usefull as some wish fulfilling isekais, especially since all he needs to do is not have access to magic tits to get shot and killed. But lets be fair i doubt well see the mc get headshotted. On another note his character development so far isnt shit, im actually surprised this is the same guy who did qwaser.

Arifureta, Mushoku, Shieldbro, Death March and Grimgar.

I really like this one.
>Some guy uses his negotiation and business skills to earn mad neetbux through investing his life savibgs in stock trades
>Gets isekaid
>Is now in debt, because of a misunderstanding during a deal that went wrong.
>Series is about this guy using his max lvl negotiation and business skills to swindle and deal so that he can survive, get out of his debt and once again attain the comfy neetdom he once attained ed, edd n' eddy style.
Tl:dr
Eddy from ed, edd n' eddy gets isekaid.

Arifureta becomes author self wanking after the first cave
Mushoku is pretty good all through out but gets weak in the end.
Shield bro drops the ball after Tact Arc, supposedly it gets fixed in the LN
Cannot comment on the other 2

>Name a better isekai

World Customize Creator.

No harem, MC's power is more support, interesting and developed cast and MC, story that doesn't go on for ages.

Zero no Tsukaima

Can you try to remember it? It sounds interesting. Is it a manga or a LN?

Grimgar is the most realistic and perhaps the only realistic isekai novel (well,hisou no himo counts too i suppose)- there are no cheats, no hax, just a bunch of people trying to make sense of it all and live. Hit or miss, i never read beyond vol 1

Death march is basically OP dude goes around the world kicking ass and cooking japanese cuisine. Got bored after 120 chapters.

Other worthwhile isekai stories;

World customize creator
Genjitsushugisha no Oukokukaizouki
Tales of the Reincarnated Lord
And perhaps one of those random chinese books if you can swallow all the cringy tropes.

I remember that one. The translation was pretty bad so a lot of dialogue didnt make sense, and for some reason the humans kept jobbing because they would use magical items that had no effect, like the spear that was supposed to kill werewolves but did nothing.

>summoned to other world and told to marry super hot queen

This is literally garbage.

I kinda concur but not for that reason. Its really just a nice and fluffy romance story with some politics in the background. I read up to vol 4 before dropping, there was little of interest actually happening.

One of my favorite ones is isekai maou to shoukan shoujo dorei majutsu.

It's every possible thrope, yet somehow still works because of how autistic the MC is. Or maybe it's just me. I can't take the series seriously so reading it as a comedy makes it enjoyable.

The doesnt fall madly in love with him immediatly, she was only going to use him to get a baby at first, they actually start developing feelings for each other later on and this culminates when she gets pregnant.

The story focuses lots on Political Intrigue, world building, Do It Yourself segments trying to copy the technology from MCs world, like making glass.

The tech level is Roman level, and everything is explained, theres no RPG mechanics, no cheats and no STATUS or ANALISE

Mondaiji

>the show everyone forgot

Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari.

Some of the "Villainess Noble Girl" Isekai aren't bad -- either as straight stories, or as farce.

For instance, Akuyaku Tensei Dakedo Doushite Kou Natta

> Teenaged Japanese girl dies of congestive heart failure, gets reincarnated as the child of a family of psychopathic, mass-murdering minor nobles.
> Wracked with horror as she watches her parents slaughter 80+ of their subjects, she finds hemlock along a riverbank near the manor and poisons her entire new family -- at 2 years of age.
> Now she (still a little child) has to try to govern a the fiefdom driven to near collapse by her family, under the oversight of a regent assigned by the King.
> She's wracked with guilt over becoming a killer herself -- but her biological brain has the same tendency to psychopathy as the relatives she poisoned...

who was the nigga who told me this didn't devolve into haremshit?
the show was shit in an interesting way until this last episode where it was just shit in the same way as all other haremshit isekai

This.

Read 18+ Isekai instead to save you from cliche shenanigans.

This one is surprisingly good as a straight fantasy story.

If this ever gets animated, I'd like to see it done in something like the Soul Taker style with highly stylized use of light and dark regions of color. It might capture how Satou Kenetsu's panels are almost entirely composed of black and white regions with contrasting linework, without much grey halftone.

this is vol 16

This.
Only Isekai that isn't total pandering or total edgy shit.
Actually seems like it'd be a fun world to visit, too. Do sports, give headpats to cute girls, be bros with knights, occasionally save the day. Best summer vacation ever.

this proves what exactly?

most of them are also not adapted into anime/manga. I wonder why?

mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=20212

That cant be the right name...

but translators avoid most of the 18+ and intead translate stuff like death march.

isekaintr.wordpress.com/when-i-was-summoned-to-another-world-likes-ntr-skill-appeared/

Nothing at all. Just wanted to inform that we're 8 volumes away from tact, about two years at this rate of releases

Time to learn japanese user.

Then again I don't blame the translator, translating sex scene from novel is hard, especially if they contain those illogical SFX.

This qt spider.

This really went to shit after she turned "human".

while I agree with your statement, it really is better than Smartphone.

i was talking about translating manga...

It's also dragging on way too long.

Is there anything like Kumo but with a self-insert MC?

uh, pretty much every "reincarnated into a monster" series has a blatant self insert MC. like re:monster.

It is, I think the author was having a laugh since most of his titles were pretty reasonable then:
>The Weakness of Beatrice the Level Cap Holy Swordswoman That Made Being the Strongest Even More Trouble – His Name? Boo Boo
>My Vampire Older Sister and Zombie Little Sister Have Gotten Into a Pretty Serious Fight…Only in Virtual Reality Though
Though the second one changes for every volume so I guess you could just say that "My Vampire Older Sister and Zombie Little Sister" is the actual title

MC becomes a Monster?
Well if you want pure self wank you can try RE:Monster.
Then theres the one where the MC becomes a Dragon, then becomes human with Dragon Powers.
Then Slime Tensei, which also becomes a human.
Ive heard mentions of the Gobbo Tensei, but I havent read it yet.

Currently im reading pic rel.
while on a trip to a hot spring, MCs car gets hit by Truck kun, his dad, mom and sister die, he just gets horribly injured.
Having lost his family he remains a broken kid, but what saves him is his pet burd, but after a year his burd dies of old age, he goes into deep depression, but starts having dreams.
In these dreams he sees a beautiful girl praying.
Turns out his pet burd got reincarnated into a super OP holy maiden and summoned him because she was afraid he was going to kill himself.

Havent finished the first vol yet, but it seems pretty harmless.

uh if you look at the link, baka updates says that "boo boo" is some weird shoujo manga that looks nothing like the picture you posted.

Hell if I know what those sites have things listed as.

>if you want pure self wank you can try RE:Monster

I loved this in the beginning but it started to get excessive at some point.

youtube.com/watch?v=ajiAvb_XfNM&

It's hard for Isekai to start good and STAY good. A lot of Isekai start with amazing potential and turn into shit.

Arifureta-Went from a story of betrayal and recovering one's humanity through love to the story of a tsundere man recovering from chuunibyou whilst being pushed around by a harem of eccentrics.

Kekkon Yubiwa Monogatari-Started off OK, then the MC outs himself as the most extreme beta male in history and you realize the story is going nowhere in a hurry. This is the complete opposite of most of the stories where the harem is stupid and unnecessary, in that it would actually be good, IF HE WOULD JUST MAN UP AND FUCK HIS HAREM!

Kumo Desu ga Nani Ka?-Starts off amazing, then she leaves the dungeon and becomes a god, goes all cryptic saying she understands everything now, doesn't tell the reader, and just allows herself to be swept along the flow by the side characters no one cares about so the story can drag out endlessly.

A lot of the "dungeon management" Isekai (which you would expect to be about, I dunno, managing dungeons?) just devolve into slice of life bullshit and feature almost no dungeon management at all; the dungeon is simply the backdrop where completely generic romcom harem shit happens and the story has 0 tension whatsoever. HEY I DROPPED ALL THEIR SOLDIERS INTO A PITFALL WHO WANTS TO EAT SOME OMURICE?!

>A lot of the "dungeon management" Isekai
That still sounds leagues better than the one where the guy finds a magic cristal, summons a succubus and makes a Harem of bitches while NTRing everyone that opposes him

>Cute Loveable Orc
>Bullied and lewed by females
PICKED UP!

But that story actually has a plot, the MC is out to conquer the world. Meanwhile isekai series just go "lol i want my own dungeon + harem + slice of life comedy xdddd" so that the author can drag it on forever with little effort.

Everyone likes to hate on RE:Monster because the MC used to be a human yet he doesn't have a problem eating humans. But the joke is on them because his backstory is that even back when he was a human, he was already eating humans to steal their esper powers and justifying it with "because they are criminal espers it's fine"

>the story of a tsundere man recovering from chuunibyou whilst being pushed around by a harem of eccentrics.
Isn't this EXACTLY what chuu2 was about

the difference is that after the first arc, the author stops the plot every 5 minutes to tell the reader "isnt my slf insert so great? let me fellate him for another 3 chapters before moving on" before finally climaxing on the representative of all the guys that bullied and cucked him at school.

I dunno, did Chuu2 have a masochistic big titted dragon woman asking the MC to slap her around in public and panting when he ignores her? At some point it just becomes a little too much. Also she joined the harem after the MC shoved a pile driver into her asshole. I think that's when it was really driven home to me that the story had lost all of its seriousness and would only go downhill.

i heard she gets a lot of developement in her own extra chapter. perhaps she'll get her time in the LN

This is literally the most uninspiring and generic isekai I've ever seen. I'd rate it even worse than Nisekoi in regards to filling out their genre's checklists. Even the poster has the MC in a constant "WOAH FREE SHIT AND GIRLS?" face.

What's a good example of a dungeon management isekai?

>She gets a lot of develpment when the main story already ended and its just about wanking off on the readers face with how awesome the MC is.

youd probably like it, since you seem to love Shield Hero.

Dungeon Defense technically, mostly because it immediately abandons its tower defense storyline thing that it seemed to be angling for after its setup chapter.

I dropped it sometime after the fight with the angel girl due to a lack of chapters. i haven't gone back to read it.

Something like Kishou Dungeon Unei Houhou, where it's setting up the MC to be a dungeon master who is supposed to lure in humans and kill them in the dungeon in order to create a mana circulation between the world and the dungeon so that mana doesn't stagnate and destroy the balance of the world. The MC sets up a 3 floor starter dungeon and starts training slimes and goblins, so far so good, but then, of course, the obligatory group of rapist murdering adventurers swagger on into his dungeon, dragging a princess along with them. Within 2 chapters they've repented and sworn loyalty to the MC, made up with the princess who was their sworn enemy, and MC trusts them so much that he sends them out to buy some female slaves for his dungeon. You can already see where this is going right? It just completely falls apart from there and devolves into slice of life dungeon shenanigans, or so I hear, because I was already fed up and dropped it by that point.

Weakest Skeleton has an entire class reincarnated into various monsters. MC fuses with classmates to power up.