Global warming

What does Sup Forums think about global warming?
Is it true, or a scam?
Also Pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2JK8oSN8VPk
nasa.gov/content/goddard/antarctic-sea-ice-reaches-new-record-maximum/
freshu.io/diana-pope/college-students-share-what-political-issues-matter-the-most-to-them
history.com/news/little-ice-age-big-consequences
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Scam

(((Scientific))) American

They went full retard warmist back in the early 00s, their editor said as much on a PBS interview a few years later.

if it's real it's too late to do anything
if it's real they would be pushing nuclear power

we tried too hard to fix it and went too far in the opposite direction we need to bring hairspray back.

As every 4 years they have to change the "happening" to keep their climate change scam going.
>oh no guys it's getting soooo warm, erm I mean next ice age omg soooo cold give monyiez plox.

CME impact today. Good luck everyone.

If it's real, I see it as a good thing for Americans and Europeans.

global climate change
get it right

>if it's real they would be pushing nuclear power

You underestimate the sheer mental retardation of our 'world leaders' ... even given that they believe the warming scenario is true.

It's just a serious human interference into the functioning of the Earth system. No one knows all the exact details but he uncertainties that exist tend to stack up on the more severe side. This entire phenomenon could soon represent the biggest erosion of biodiversity since an asteroid the size of Mt. Everest hit a Jurassic oil field 66 million years ago (in fact it may already), and could wipe out the possibilities of decent survival with it.

We’re currently in the fastest drop off of sea ice in at least the past 1500 years, and its accelerating. Question, how bad will it have to get before you Republicucks realize your leaders have been lying to you to line their pockets?

>warming
climate change, nigger

If you run the costs for supplanting fossil fuel with nuclear fuel you'll quickly see that we'd have to rob the rothschilds and devote most of the world's gdp to their construction to have even a slim chance of making the deadline.

a warmer earth is a wetter earth which means more of the planet will be able to grow food.

Explain why that's bad. Do you think the water cycle will stop?

this

a warmer earth is also a planet where winds get stronger, moving more clouds further away from the desert and letting it grow
congrats, you just made a light beam stronger AND more focused, leaving more shit in the dark and burning what you point at

you mean they'd move the clouds from the oceans to the deserts, shrinking them?

You think the deserts were deserts millions of years ago when the planet was warmer and wetter? sand doesn't make oil. jungles do.

Obama gave UN billion $ of funds for "global WARming" in hist last days. Let that sink in.

>A warmer earth is a wetter earth.

Yeah, um no. That’s not how it works. You’re probably one of those inbred retards who explain away evolution by pointing out that mokeys still exist.

A warmer earth will be wetter some places, drier other places. The temperatures will be more extreme, both highs, AND lows. Violent weather will be much more common due to the increased temperature differentials. This is already happening...

This, I was studying to become a marine biologist and the more I began looking at actual data and past cycles the more I called bullshit and the more I was shunned. I finished in IT security as I was already very experienced.

>explain away evolution by pointing out that mokeys still exist.
I don't have anything against your family.

>wetter some places
Northern latitudes mostly.

>drier other places
The oceans mostly.

Do you not know how the water cycle works?

Hurricanes are at a many year low. It was normal to have 5-6 a season, now some years go by with 0. The earth will be wetter overall due to increased evaporation rates. Regardless, the increase of CO2 will greatly increase plants/forests

When will they talk about Global Average IQ Cooling?

The world will be average 80 IQ in 30 years

Dont believe the warming or cooling theories completely

Still believe we should adopt cleaner fuels and stop polluting

Plastic and smog are just unaesthetic desu

massive fucking scam. anything that needs sudden research, has charities crop up suddenly like ants, and supporters try to get naysayers in the field fired, then it is 100% a scam by the people trying to drain as much money out of taxpayers and the people as possible.

>Still believe we should adopt cleaner fuels and stop polluting
you can't have your cake and eat it too. How much should the energy per capita be?

POO

"That's not because of human influence, that's just nature, consensus proves it"

because all that extra "wetness" you fucking retard, will go into raising sea levels and engulfing a shit ton land which we use to grow food and shit nigger.

It's very true. How they handle it is however bs. Also lol at asking this on pol the board of retards

Naturally as products age they become more efficient and clean. Look at diesel engines now, you cant even tell them apart from gas unless its cold and idling.

rain comes from oceans and oceans evaporate more when they get warmer. Surely you see how that works?

also when did reddit start to be skeptical of global warming? get your head out of your ass.

Who grows food on a beach? Id say at least 99% of our food is grown way inland.

Global warming hysteria was never about fixing the environment, it was about democrats / greens getting people out to vote.

If they were truly trying to fix the environment, they would argue from a conservative position of energy security.

Global warming is a scam. Global cooling is true and will lead us into a mini ice-age that will begin ca 2020.

What if I told you all planets eventually get absorbed into the sun? That we are all slowly moving toward the sun, one planet at a time?

How about this theory:
-planets are slowly moving towards the sun and one by one are gradually absorbed by the sun; breaking all elements down to hydrogen providing fuel for more fusion reactions
-new planets slowly form on the outside periphery of the solar system, which would explain Pluto's icelike state
-as planets move toward the sun, and approach optimal temperature, lifeforms specific to that planet then begin to grow.

This theory makes more since, because then each solar system would be a continuous, renewable cycle.

Right... Entirely unlike the petroleum industry that gets billions in corporate welfare annually. They’ve got no incentive at all to push a false natrative huh?

I'd call you all scrubs but they're important plants, and you're all degenerates. Excluding your excess carbon output that is. Go back to driving your diesel engines and burning plastic with your hairspray flamethrowers. I'll be living it up in my solar powered TeePee with my compost mattress.

>Is it true, or a scam?
It is a theory, because keeps evolving from time to time. Most modes aren't very accurate. People who make predictions tell it themselfs, since global weather and climate is one of the hardest fields of science .The problem is amass media reacts too emotionaly .
>Shoud be afraid
Yes, since most of economical giants are placed on the coast .
>What can I do ?
If you are really interested in the topic, you can help people who do scince of invest your money in companies which make filters and ecologucaly pure energy.

Climate changes constantly. It always has. They don't know what they are blabbing about. Or do you really think the air is dirtier now than it was during major volcanic eruptions or the industrial revolution?

>if it's real they would be pushing nuclear power

True this.

That chat is not 100% complete.

If its based on the Ice Cores samples from Lake Vostok it only dates to about ≃1950.

Granted the temperature levels havent reached the maximums of previus interglacial periods, but CO2 ppm never surpassed 300 during those samples and nowadays we are over 400.

Granted, its proven that C02 levels arent directly related to global temperatures, but such high C02 levels are really bad anyways since the ammount absorbed by the oceans gets higher turning the water into carbonic acid and destroying coral reef and complete ecosystems.

Scam
youtube.com/watch?v=2JK8oSN8VPk

I don't know, since tomorrow it's supposed to be 82 degrees in Ohio in the middle of winter. Second year in a row of this happening, and this was unheard of even 10-15 years ago.

Of course sir, because those in charge know that humanity needs a good crisis.

It's amazing that since the 70s we've had this environmental bollocks, yes, we are 'changing' our environment, but when you consider that for supposed 'billions of years' species have been living and dying, and that 99% of all species that have ever lived are extinct, our impact in the short time we have been industrialized is negligible.

Just think about it, and if you are concerned at our impact, just get in a plane and see how small the human race still is.

If the entire earth was covered in concrete we might have an impact. But releasing Co2 that plants breathe into the atmosphere is not causing issues.

The biggest issues we have on earth is actually how each nation is going to cope with the encroachment of globalism into their daily lives, amazingly the apparent solution to 'climate change' is indeed globalism ;)

Wonderful

yes just like the dinosaurs who lived on a warmer, wetter earth, lush forests, apparently, never hear much about deserts. Also way more oxygen, so things grew bigger.

Just accept it, nothing is wrong, all is good, and it's a scam for more bucks.

it's almost like the planet gets gradually warmer and then gradually cooler and continues in cycles

but for some reason we call one end of the cycle ""Global Warming"" and the other end ""Global Cooling"" and panic like fucking crazy over it

>really makes you think

It's a non issue that will correct on its own. If true shit becomes less hospital, a lot of people die, shit balances.
Which is why I don't the overlap with climate fearing and gun banning lefties. They think humans are the problem then cry and whine when a couple of them die. Is it because they want more to die quicker and only government can accomplish that?
Either mankind is a scourge on the planet or its not. You can't bitch about rats in the attic while simultaneously feeding them. Well, you could. You'd just be an irrational hypocritical dickhead.

is this supposed to be 3 people eating each others shit?

>But releasing Co2 that plants breathe into the atmosphere is not causing issues.

It is when you couple it with heavy deforestation reducing the ammount of plants that transform that C02.

In the last 2.6 million years earth never surpassed 300ppm atmospheric C02 and we went from ≃260 to over 400 ppm in the last 50 years. Not just because carbon emissions, but mainly because of heavy deforestation.

The effects of our cooling planet can already be seen, crop losses, serious influenza pandemic cause by a very cold winter just no name a few effects.

no one is fucking refuting that shit, you fucking lunatic. this is why those fucks keep getting away with scamming people, is because complete motherfuckers like you deflect from the scammers

Don't waste nutrients, man

scam. 100% political tool.

at the same time human civilization is driving us towards an eco catastrophe as well, that's clear. but anyone who claims they understand it just wants your money/funding. there are no solutions in flying a bunch of "top scientists" and other redditors to some european city on big planes to discuss things. it's a joke. there is no saving the earth through the system. the real solution is simple: stop consuming and living in cities. if not the earth will eventually solve the man problem herself with an eco catastrophe, super virus, next ice age..

"the climate change", is a good litmus test on how brainwashed someone is.

>muh 97% of scientists

pic related is the truth
if you must know

The Sun determines the Earth's temperature. Can we change the sun?

Yes, global cooling is true. But the mini "ice age" as you call it is still far away.

Milankovitch cycles are roughly made of 10k-15k years of interglacial warm periods and 85k-90k of cold glacial perdiods, and it has been that way for the past 2.6m years.

We could still be approximately 2000 years away from the next glacial perdiod.

Many moons ago, when I was a wee lad...

I had a science teacher (obviously red pilled as fuck) who told us wee tykes a story.

There was a village with a crazy shaman, who after years of banging rocks together and lining up sticks, learned how seasons worked. He hatched a plan. He went before the tribal elders and demanded offerings of chickens, in order to appease the gods, or they would blot out the sun.
The elders and villages mocked him, as he was just the crazy shaman.
However, slowly, the days began getting shorter. Our shaman made a point of making sure everyone noticed. The days got cooler, and even shorter still. Finally a panic set in amongst the tribe, they finally relented and began offering the Shaman their chickens.

Today kids we know this as winter, I know it, you know it. But our villagers didnt. Only that shaman did, and he ate well that winter. So do your homework and remember, knowledge is power.

This was during just before the "Ozone" scare... and this story stuck with me forever.

So after the ozone bullshit, they started the global warming scam, I just chuckled.

1000ad "Medieval warm period". Just about 500 years later, they have the "little ice age". now here we are, just about 500 years later... almost as if it's a cycle huh?

I dunno

>because those in charge know that humanity needs a good crisis.
That's what I'm saying. It's for votes. It has one of the highest disparities of liberal vs conservative concern in the US.

A lot of liberals are nihilist and they don't really care about any issues (because they are so insulated to begin with). Global warming gets them off their asses because they think the world will end if they don't "vote their conscience".

>stop consuming and living in cities

The only real solution is stop eating cattle, stop heavy deforestation, plant trees and produce many as many artificial photosintesis machines as possible.

But its easier to cry "muh global warming" to clear your consciente and then do nothing about it afterwads.

I bet my balls 99.99% of the faggots that complain about it arent willing to give up meat, buy wooden furniture and never planted a tree in their fucking lives.

Nobody wants to talk about Global Roundening. The earth is becoming more round, and at some point will be nearly spherical.

humans have already subjected ~40% of the Earth surface to wholesale transformation (which is larger than the change that resulted from the termination of the last glacial cycle; ~30%), they appropriate at least 25% of net primary production of the entire planet for themselves. The current exchanges of animals due to human transportation is unique since the rifting of the Pangean supercontinent on land and likely has no geologic analogue at all in the ocean. Wild animals only make up around 5% of vertebrate biomass and humans outpace all other natural predators as an unprecedent global superpredator.

This has cascading effects on the major biogeochemical cycles of the planet, such as the carbon cycle (currently undergoing the fastest perturbation since at least 66 million years), the nitrogen cycle (currently undergoing the largest perturbation since at least 2.5 billion years) or ocean chemistry (currently undergoing the fastest change since at least 300 million years).

All of this could very well provoke sudden shifts or collapses of parts of the biosphere and is the reason why ecologists, paleontologists and Earth system scientists are already talking about a "sixth mass extinction" and the "Anthropocene defaunation".

People can talk all they like about how insignificant the human race is - if it makes you feel better. But this has absolutely no relationship with what is going on in the real world.

>co2 increase = plankton increase = oxygen increase.

C02 increase > Oceans absorb it > get more acidic > plankton dies

And yes, carbon emissions from humans are notable.

Explain why we are at over 400 atmospheric ppm when in the last 2.6m years it never surpassed the 290 ppm.

Look at Vostok ice core samples if you want to check historic C02 ppms and compare it to the ppm increase in the last 40 years.

kek, this is a good story. Guess he witnessed the global cooling hysteria in the 70s.

I almost forgot about the ozone scare, funny we never hear about that anymore when it used to be in the news constantly.

>how would you like your climate to be
>just fuck my shit up

if ice caps melted fully there wouldn't be much left except mountains and very large hills.

At it's projected course, eventually, everything light green to dark green will be flooded.

Try growing enough food then.

then again actually... most people would be dead by then so quid pro quo in a way.

Shitty weather isn't so great for plants either especially crops you fucking idiot.

> the moon is flat

Coral bleaching is only happening in areas of the reef open to public viewings which makes me believe it's more to do with people polluting the water than the levels of co2 in the water.
People ironically destroying what they love.

this. i'm not familiar with the PBS interview, though.

fwiw, for those wanting to read the only decent science magazine left (and maybe not for much longer), give American Scientist a looksee.

You can tell how fake it is by people who correct your 'warming' for 'climate change'.
It's all fake as fuck. I'd rather believe in geoengineering than this. If this climate is really billions years old and it can be completely changed in 200 years unintentionally then I have no problem believing you can change it on purpose, especially if you exactly know how to do it. Everything to support your thesis and enslave free people.
Gun debate/control - organize a mass shooting.
Climate change debate - cause a flood or make one place a desert. At least that's how I see it

Yes its part of a cycle and if its effects are like the ones during the previous cycle alot of people are going to starve.

actually, jungles make coal. much of the oil may actually be produced by abiotic processes.

of course it's more polluted than during (after) the industrial revolution

if you have ever kept coral in an aquarium, you know that they need very clean, nutrient poor water. where they don't thrive is near human sewage dumps.

People starve every day finbro.

It wont be the end of the world.

But you know how those religious fanatics are... they need their doomsday stories. And if you know the cycles, and can make some scratch off the hysteria, good on you.

But Im'ma keep my chickens.

Urbanization has already engulfed much of the shit ton of land near sea level that used to grow food.

You know, it's posts like this that really highlight how ridiculous this whole climate discussion is. Stop trying to fucking control everything you fucking commie, and just learn to accept thag you can't change every single aspect of life, some things just are, and that's okay

That says "very important." You can bet the same amount or more people put important. Not really a big deal. Need to see the percentage of Not important

>You can tell how fake it is by people who correct your 'warming' for 'climate change'.

Because people were too fucking dumb to understand an overall temperature raise doesn't mean an even temperature raise all over.

Massive disruptions in weather pattern is what's expected, that includes some regions getting colder than usual. Both freak heatwaves that torch the tundra and freak cold waves sending snow to Texas come from the polar jetstreams being fucked up from heating. You can look this up for yourself. Every time it snows in Texas wankers like you say nothing's warming, every time Russian forests are torched the other side say we'll be cooked inside 10 years.

Climate change is real, it's very much a fact, our climate has changed continually throughout the history of the planet. Man-made climate change to the degree that these government-paid shill scientists promote is where the BS starts the enter the equation.

Fuck sake they stopped calling it global warming specifically and climate change now for a reason

It's literally all just an excuse for a carbon tax cash grab nothing more nothing less

Fuck sake if global warming was actually real I'd actually want it to happen. It's too fucking cold here

Sauce for their global cooling claim?

Well considering its India they could start by enacting even 80s American levels of pollution control

You lying faggots said there would be no ice in the Arctic in the summers by now. That hasn't come to pass. Also the ice levels in Antarctica are growing you stupid chicken little faggot.nasa.gov/content/goddard/antarctic-sea-ice-reaches-new-record-maximum/
God damn I hate you brainwashed morons trying to fuck my life up over the original sin of being born aka carbon footprint. You threw out God but you kept all the cuck parts of religion. The absolute state of you Gaia worshipping fools.

realclimatescience.org
or something like that

John Caseys book "Dark Winter" makes a good case for a cooling planet, in the book he has included many references to scientists around the world that have come to the same or similar conclusions.

The states are not the right sample and probably not available for free.

Think college students, what gets them off their ass to vote? They are not in the real world or face real problems like jobs or crime, so concerns are invented FOR them. Actually last election it was stuff like Black Lives Matter. Global warming has taken more of a back seat but there are still a fair number who vote just to prevent an oncoming apocalypse.

This isn't stats but look up stuff like this, students have much different concerns than real people.
freshu.io/diana-pope/college-students-share-what-political-issues-matter-the-most-to-them

I predict a period of Hemispheric Warming this spring.

*stats not states

It's real, but the elite are the one's with the power to bring authentic change, yet they don't want to make the sacrifices. So instead they pursue policies that screw the working class. They are okay with some environmental chaos, as long as they can herd the sheep.

you dont need no fucking sauce

>People starve every day finbro.
True but combining starvation and cold weather results in pandemics. The body of a cold starving human being cannot fight off the diseases very well.
>It wont be the end of the world.
You are right but many people will die, its a eugenicists wet dream.
See what happened during previous cycles:
history.com/news/little-ice-age-big-consequences

you should have had a taste the last summer, we were burning to a crisp between july and august

Maybe you just saw more nigerians?

why are you even talking about this as if it was a real possibility? Even if you disbelief all the instruments (satellites, terrestrial temperature stations, buoys; 100% of which show warming), you'd still have to explain away accelerating sea level rise, rising specific humidity, decreasing sea ice area (and volume), accelerating ice sheet mass loss rates, rising ocean heat content etc...

yes i did, the heat was such high they preferred to drown in the Ionian instead of being rescued as usual