So this is your AOTY uh

So this is your AOTY uh

>not Made in Abyss

Who are these neckfags that this show keeps pandering to?

>made without pacing

Still better than anything else airing this season

Berserk is

Nope. Show's pacing is always a priority.
And MiA loses even to Aho in that part.

Kek

What the fuck is this crap?

The most loved anime of this season acocrding to Sup Forums

Owarimonogatari Season 2?

What's wrong, can't handle exaggeration in your cartoons?

Fuckin pedophile

And yet I literally have no idea what this screenshot has been taken from....

Has SHAFT went to far?

Konosubafags are pedophiles though and Ballroomfags and any reader of shounen in general are misogynists

>The most loved anime of this season acocrding to Sup Forums
Seriously though, are you blind or something?

Most beloved Sup Forumsnime this season are MiA, New Game, & Princess Principal.
Just look at those daily threads.

Is pacing the biggest meme criticism on Sup Forums? I think it's more memetic than bad writing.

Doesnt make it AOTY. Makes it AOTS at best. Spring is the only season that even has shows that are AOTY contender as of this point. Fucking hell has the rest been mediocre/bad.

>on Sup Forums
No, its very basic form of criticism, user. I get it, you love KyoAni so you want to just dismiss script and character issues (and audio design ones) so that all thats left is animation and art direction, which means that KyoAni shows would actually be good. Unfortunately thats not how it works. For a show/movie to be good it needs more than visuals, best example being Angels Egg and Metropolis. Both visually impressive but effectively lack any form of substance. Metropolis also drags like hell (also called pacin issues) because it doesnt really tell much of a story for its duration of almost 2 hours.

Pic related is one of the most beloved shows on Sup Forums so it's not weird.

I don't know why you are projecting so much on me after I made such a short post. I don't even like Kyoani that much, most of their anime range from 5/5 to 7/10 to me.
Anyway, bad pacing is a meme criticism on Sup Forums because: It generally comes without any explanation or sound reasoning as to why the pacing is bad, the person just says so and calls it a day, it's a very easy criticism to make. It's thrown around for almost EVERY fucking show in existence, seriously, out of 10 shows I read 7 being labeled as having bad pacing by an user or another, it's specially bad for shows that are somehow acclaimed for some reason. It's almost impossible for a show to have impeccable pacing for a good number of reasons and the definition of ''good pacing'' changes from person to person, for example, any slowed paced show will generally be labeled as having ''bad pacing'' by plebs, same is true for shows with too much dialogue or exposition at any turn.
In short, it's a subjective, broad, easy and common criticism to be made, thus, I say it's the biggest meme criticism here.

Aho girl

>5/5 to 7/10
user please

Don't make me delete my post for such minor shit user

I mean I get what youre saying but I simply dont see it being as common as you claim. Which acclaimed shows are you even particularly referring to here anyway?

>most of their anime range from 5/5 to 7/10
Not really, they go from 4-6 (AT BEST) with the only reason being the animation since everything else is usually trash. Particularly the audio design, which is something I still cant fathom. How come that studio is so fucking bad at hiring good seiyuus or enhancing the mood through insert songs or detailing? I dont think there is a single KyoAni show that has above average sound design. Not even the shows that are supposed to be about music.

Are there even any neck fetishists to cater to?

Tell that Sup Forums person that their taste a shit

>daily threads
It's a measure of non-stop shitposting activity not necessarily whether "Sup Forums" loves it the most. There is no actual way to gauge what "Sup Forums likes" nowadays because you have to consider the separate entities known as generals.

Is he cum?

But that's not Princess Principal.

Yes

It is

I was not referring to any show in particular when I made the point, just remembered that I see bad pacing as the most common criticism made whenever there's too many people praising a show. It's a little more uncommon when the anime is fast paced, but almost all slow paced ones get this treatment.
I said they were 5/10 and 7/10 specifically for me user. I don't think Kyoani shows have much depth or originality, but at least they are well made, comfy and good to make you feel fluffy inside, at least in my case. I guess I don't find the sound design as bad as you do.

They're called smear frames and it's an animation technique to show things in motion and make them appear more fluid and stylish. Of course they look silly in stills.

>It's a measure of non-stop shitposting activity not necessarily whether "Sup Forums" loves it the most. There is no actual way to gauge what "Sup Forums likes" nowadays because you have to consider the separate entities known as generals.
If so, then it's Mahoujin Guru Guru.

I'll edit this shit when I have free time.

Shit thread
go for episode 06

>Aho-Girl
Fuck off faggot AOTD

>linking in a shitposting bread
Thanks for spoonfeeding me mum.

I like it

Nice try IRC crew, no one said anything about KyoAni.

This is why I will never take posters like you seriously. The generic qualities of a story such as dialogue, plotting and character development does not equate to substance more than audiovisuals in this kind of medium as even in narrative fiction all of that is supervened on the latter. With this kind of thinking it's the reason why works like LOGH and Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood are rated higher than Angel's Egg or any experimental short film because people who have no idea what they're talking about think the former has more substance.

WAIT WHAT THE FLYING FUCK?
I THOUGHT THIS SERIES AIRED EVERY FRIDAY/SATURDAY?

AND WE'LL GET DOUBLE EPISODES NEXT WEEK?

It's in third place behind forced drama and 2deep4u

Leaving everything to the viewers ability to interpret your creation is way too ambigious to deserve praise. The quality of the movie derives from how hard you can make yourself believe that certain symbolism means exactly what you want it to mean. The story doesnt progress on screen but in your head. You can do the same with Pokemon and interpret all sorts of shit into its visual design and underlying plot elements.

>LOGH and Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
Rating these two equally is pretty fucking retarded I must say. However, I do agree that LotGH has shoddy art direction and execution which severely ruins the overall experience. You seem to be under the impression that I dislike ambigious works, or that I cant appreciate visual design or symbolism, but its the exact opposite. However, I do believe that crediting a director for his work being so incredibly ambigious that almost all of the plot exclusively happens in the viewers mind is retarded. If that was a proper way to tell a story then I could just hand you a bunch of unrelated pictures and if you like them (and me) you will delude yourself into believing that theres some deeper meaning to them and the order in which I handed them to you.

As expected you're just another person without the vernacular and experience to appreciate experimental cinema.

Angel's Egg is fucking boring. FMA and LOGH are rated higher than It because they are more appealing and entertaining for the average viewer, simple. Most people don't want to see one hour of nothing happening besides ambiguous imagery and a ''plot'' that not even the author can define clearly. Something can be experimental, but it isn't better just for being experimental.

WTF is this? Must be shittier than The Reflection.

Having appreciation for something does not equate to hailing it as the greatest thing to ever exist. I appreciate ambigious works, but if all I hoped to gain from investing time into this medium was pretty imagery to interpret, then I wouldnt bother with it but instead just move on to actual art. There simply arent enough ambigious or overall visually impressive works that would justify getting into anime if all you do it for are art direction, cinematography, framing and symbolism. At least thats how see it.

I agree. Tsuki ga Kirei was the only worthwhile non-sequel show last season and probably this whole year

This is art.

good thing I dropped this

gomu gomu no waltzu

nice one