What the fuck was this shit?

What the fuck was this shit?
Is there anyone who genuinely liked this movie?
Or it is something only Japanese people will like for individual reasons?

Other urls found in this thread:

animeherald.com/2017/04/25/annecy-screen-silent-voice-lu-wall-corner-world-4/
animationmagazine.net/events/in-this-corner-of-the-world-takes-feature-jury-prize-at-annecy/?doing_wp_cron=1499066243.6767070293426513671875
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rena_Nōnen
youtube.com/watch?v=0Uw93YCOxJM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>watching shit that's clearly made for women

I suffered through Koe no Katachi and Kimi no na wa, not gonna even bother watching this. Pro tip: chick flicks are shit even if they're anime.

Kimi no na Wa was great...
Sure, a melodrama... but still fun to watch.

I'll admit, I didn't hate it. It had its moments, but it was still a dumb girl movie.

>I suffered through Koe no Katachi and Kimi no na wa, not gonna even bother watching this. Pro tip: chick flicks are shit even if they're anime.
You are wrong.
How can you expect MC to have a NTR fetish in chick flicks?

Yes, I admit Kimi no na wa is a dumb girl movie... but that's what is so great about it. The complicated plot is funny to follow, and still accomplish what this kind of movies are made for: to make the audience cry.

In the other hand, Kono sekai no katasumi ni was unwatchable. Every interesting path is evaded in every fuckin' scene. Why in the fuck anyone would made a infidelity scene without reaching to sex? It's like they wanted to do the most boring movie in existence.

All i want to know is if this is a fappable movie or not

Not at all... at least you like clumsy and maddening girls.

Yes. Stop baiting this hard. Easily AOTY 2016.

I can't understand why this guy didn't fuck her.

Things Kono sekai no katasumi did wrong:

>That shit about Suzu's dead brother at the beginnig and at the end of the movie
>To show the most boring aspects of Japan's cotidiane life in WW2.
>To put more effort in making this movie historically correct than humanly interesting.
>To not dig in the pain of the main character about her main conflict: to be slowly displaced in that corner of the world to not draw again.

Imagine being this wrong.

>Is there anyone who genuinely liked this movie?
Yeah quite a few people, you uncultured faggot. Maybe go back to your dumb Naruto threads.

Japanese collective unconsciousness.
I think that was plausible for those characters... but what I don't understand is why the author put those characters in those circumstances if the result was going to be that.
Suzu cheating her husband would be a very interesting scenario...

>but what I don't understand is why the author put those characters in those circumstances if the result was going to be that
Because it's literally how real life fucking works, user. The entire film was about brutal realism.

>15 posts
>4 IPs
This thread stinks like sewage.

I have nothing against Kimi no na wa. I even recommended that movie...
Look at the named of the awards in Kono sekai no katasumi... all of them are Japanese awards. I think is easy to win those kind of awards if you touch that kind of sensible fiber in a country.

>shit that's clearly made for women
>Drama Historical Seinen Slice of Life
>Seinen
I love it when retard talk about shits he knows nothing about.

>Because it's literally how real life fucking works, user.
Yeah, girls like Suzu would never do that to her husband in those circumstances... but that's so boring to watch.

>The entire film was about brutal realism.

>A Streetcar Named Desire
>Long Day's Journey Into Night
>Death of a Salesman
>The Crucible
>All my Sons
>Hamlet
>Othello
>Macbeth
>Ajax
>Oediphus the King

Those plays are brutal realism because they show us inner conflicts of human soul.
I can assure you Kono sekai no katasumi is not realistic because you can't feel the pain in any fuckin' moment.

Enlighten me.

BDrip when?

Hey, I admitted I haven't seen it, at least I'm a self-aware retard

Just finished watching this. I liked it but somehow felt things were lacking. Also kinda felt that it didn't work as a film.

>things were lacking
comfort women sequence

Oh and overall I felt that Koe no Katachi was the greater film out of the three.

Yamada knew how to do better characterizations for her MC.

Disgusting.

Delicious

It was already implied. I don't think it was needed.

Seriously though. Lin's story hurt me more the most. Especially the one at the end.

I just wonder though, what was the daydreaming motif all about? That the whole thing althrough out was Suzu's escapism slowly getting shattered?

Japanese militarism never died
they against war just due to theyre losing in ww2
bullshit japs

I don't care what you idiots say, Suzu is a top tier waifu.

Imagine giving THIS ignorant of a response to a film you know nothing about.
If anything, Kono Sekai glorified the Americans as it actually had the intent of showing the rebuilding process after the war.

>you will never suck on her toes

It's the truth. Have you seen the hidden motifs Yamada talked Kensuke Ushio into doing?

Not to mention hitting the sublety note eventhough the manga was in your face drama.

>toes
I just want to caress her face. ;_;

> Suzu's escapism slowly getting shattered?
Yup.
And she retrieves it when she notices the monster with a crocodile on a bridge.

>I haven't seen it
So do I, doesn't give excuse for being retard though.

Ah I always wondered about that monster. I would actually want to know about how it really went with Shusaku and Suzu's first meeting.

Every nip asks her wife if she brings a new umbrella before they fuck them for the first time?

>Koe no Katachi
>Chick flick

The fuck is this nonsense.

It's pure perfection, OP, what are you on?

Maybe after the BD comes out, user? Just think about it for a second.

After watching this, it was very charming but I don't think it will appeal to the western critics. The approach is too niche. Too episodic that the transitions were very rough. In all honesty, I think Koe no Katachi will have a better reception here.

But who knows though. With the shit going on they might push this for anti-war propaganda.

Why do people shill Koe no Katachi?

How is it better than Your Name or this when it can't win any significant awards?

animeherald.com/2017/04/25/annecy-screen-silent-voice-lu-wall-corner-world-4/

It was in this film contest and look who won.

animationmagazine.net/events/in-this-corner-of-the-world-takes-feature-jury-prize-at-annecy/?doing_wp_cron=1499066243.6767070293426513671875

God I hate KyoAnifags

As someone who loved the manga I can't understand the praise the movie is getting, it was boring and nonsensical. It's like the director didn't even realize he cut half the source material.

>forced drama
>everyone cries every ten minutes
>DEPRESSION/ANGST

Come on now

Let the KyoAnifags shill. They think Yamada's pretentious artsy fartsy added any depth to her shallow directing skills.

That is every fuckinh drama then. Doesn't make it a chick flick. Get the fuck out.

KyoAnifags think if they shill hard enough, Yamada will win an oscar award.
Pffttthahahahahahahhahahahaha

>It was already implied. I don't think it was needed.

What? I don't remember this

What do u Guys think about Voice acuter?
They used actress to make this anime. her name is Rena Nōnen. Some one said its shit but my opinion is not but.
Here is Wikipedia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rena_Nōnen

I loved it from beginning to end.
It managed to immerse me from the very start.
Didn't know anything about it going in, that was a wild ride.

I don't like movies that make me feel sad. Will "In This Corner of the World" make me sad?

>arthur miller fan

My nigga

It's a slice of life story about a cute airhead girl living in the countryside, painting landscape and getting used to her new familly.
What, did you expect Grave of the fireflies or something.

>What, did you expect Grave of the fireflies or something.
I did.

Well there is absolutly nothing in common between the two.
Just relax and watch it.

Yeah I'll pass, I don't trust you anymore.

Is there a decent release yet?

Have you ever heard of arguments?

Curses, foiled again.
But I'll get you next time.
I cried like a bitch.

Remember the district Suzu got lost in? That's the prostitution district, that's why the girl told Suzu she shouldn't be there.
It will, but it's not all sad; the movie's ending definitely isn't sad even with all the stuff that happened.

I liked her in Amachan, but I doubt she's very fit to be a VA. Maybe it works here, but in general I'd say her voice is her biggest weakness, other than real life autism.
youtube.com/watch?v=0Uw93YCOxJM

Only for Japs

Think about it.

>Severe Depravation
>Black Market
>Severe Inflation of Sugar
>Women who are dressed pretty and smell really nice
>Cafe with Sweets
>Told not to come back
>Red District

Time of severe deprevation. Smells really nice.

Reminds me of that artstyle of that manga with the scene where it sounds like a husband is trying to prostitute his wife to some show owner because they're poor and then she comes in, they talk and she goes away but comes back, blushing when she asks her husband for money for a bus ticket.

I can't watch media including prostitution out of necessity. I'll have to pass this one then.

>to some show owner
to some shop* owner

Have KyoAnus fags fucked off already?

God I fucking hate those faggots bringing up Koe no Katachi into every fucking thread.

That's what I thought

Not that guy, but you are fucking retarded. Mizuhara was Suzu's first crush, but she was already in love with her husband when he visited them on a daily leave. She married out of convenience and because it was not uncommon for the parents to arrange marriages, but she grew in love with her new family and husband.
>It's not realistic if I don't FEEL anything, the same feelings that high school tier literature envokes
End yourself.