The moment that Light fucked up the most was killing this bastard. Prove me wrong

The moment that Light fucked up the most was killing this bastard. Prove me wrong.

No shit.

wasted so much writing space too. light really was a moron

No, it was either killing so many people with heart attacks and not spacing out their deaths, or tying himself to his police father through confidential information.

>killing so many people with heart attacks and not spacing out their deaths
He wanted people to know someone was killing criminals, it was the fastest way.

I'd say it was the bit where he died.

>tying himself to his police father through confidential information
This is the biggest fucking disconnect from Light's character as a super intellectual. He made such a blunder even though he knew that the super aspie genius "L" was collaborating worldwide with police and other agencies.

Also, the story went complete shit after he killed of Penbar and his wife.

His biggest fuckup was not to use his power more effectively.
He could've brought about greater change by effectively holding the world leaders hostage.
His methods were useless. He should take a lesson from the Se7en killer that quality > quantity.

>teens love DN
>exact persons who live through "holy shit I was a dumb bitch I'm embarrassed just to think about it but now I'm completely different" every given year
>loved the protag who killed people based on assumption they are absolutely rotten and unsalvageable

He fucked up the moment he thought being able to kill people through their name was enough to become a god.
It all came falling down because in the end he was just a dude with a magic notebook.

Didn't help either that he essentially abandoned the "benevolent god that creates a better society for all" route immediately and just started killing everyone standing or even just endagering his ascend to "godhood".

but he had to kill in order to rule
he just killed the wrong persons like the fake L and the fbi agents

He should've just kept killing criminals inconspicuously instead of directly getting his ass right next to the action and literally right next to L.

>penber was going to stop going after light right after the bus

what would have happened if light didnt kill penber?

That approach would ultimately fail. As long as Light depended on mortal means to find his targets, L would have a way to slowly narrow the field until he found Light.

>the fuck didn't randomize his kill times with 24- and 60-sided die
>the fuck didn't use different methods of killing for each criminal
>the fuck didn't kill outside his fucking home country
>the fuck didn't add in the relatively occasional non-criminal
>the fuck let his anger control him when pressed into tough situations
>THE FUCK TIED HIMSELF TO CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION

LIGHT WAS A FUCKING HACK

>the fuck didn't use different methods of killing for each criminal
>the fuck didn't add in the relatively occasional non-criminal
These two are okay, the rest is true.

So it'd just be ISP and news traffic agreggation until they find him?

Making people know about him was his biggest mistake desu

The moment Light fucked up was creating the Kira persona. He could have just made all his killings look like accidents and gotten away with it.

not a mistake but a double edged sword
remember his goal wasn't to just kill criminals but to establish a world order

how the fuck do you make people acknowledge you as God if you don't know about you?

The Kira persona was the only good thing about Light's plan. Everything else about the way he used the Death Note was poorly thought, but creating this "GOD'S GONNA KILL YOU IF YOU DO SOMETHING WRONG" meme worked well.

Except he was a megalomaniacal douchebag who wanted to be worshiped as a god

Not the same guy, but there were better ways to do it.
For example he could have a lot of criminals die due to the police being really good. Make them suicide trying to show that criminals are unhappy or even by random accidents, someone would probably end up realizing the huge amount of criminals dying and link it up with Karma or whatever, it's not hard for people to start thinking about a supernatural entity, even when being ambiguous.
It would have made for a much less interesting show though.