I am at episode 14 when does this get good?

I am at episode 14 when does this get good?

When you start enjoying it.

I was enjoying it while it was similar to first arc of Kingdom, but it is full of supernatural shit and adventures of retarded prince now. I just want Balsa to become MC again.

>I was enjoying it
Then why not structure your question properly instead?

If you don't like it by episode 14 then you should just drop it.

From ep 1 and on

Great setting, good story, amazing to good animation... but weak characters. This show suffers from weak characters. Balsa doesn't work as a MC, and shota-kun isn't a very good MC. If they had gone full /ss/ this would have been the work of God. Still a cut above average for anime.

ep 1 you pleb

yeah pretty much. The first couple of episodes I wasn't into it. Then when Basa fights those dudes who try to take back the prince and I realized it had great fight animation I was on board

>I just want Balsa to become MC again.
ah now that is understandable, for a moment i thought you just had a shit taste.
Basla is really awesome.
>Balsa doesn't work as a MC
wrong
>If they had gone full /ss/ this would have been the work of God
not so wrong

There's only a few scenes of that quality, though. The fight scene in ep3 is unfortunately the highpoint of the animation. The story and characters are otherwise solid enough if not great.

>wrong
RIGHT. This was shota-kun's story, quite clearly. Not Balsa's. Her character development (apart from her relationship to shota-kun sic. /ss/) was limited to a single episode that revolved around past events which were not in any way otherwise related to the main story. It was just awkward.

on one hand i think that Balsa was fucking amazing MC, on the other i do kinda agree that she should've had more development and that
the show sould've been focused on her far more than on shota. I just want more Balsa.

anime is like shit. If you didn't enjoy it when it came out, you will never do

>on one hand i think that Balsa was fucking amazing MC
She's a fairly "unique" MC archetype, if you ignore the fact that she is not a truly original concept. Her character development in the story is fairly stagnant, and, like I said, awkward, except for her relationship with shota-kun, which is probably the most memorable aspect of her character and the show overall. Making Balsa's character the show's tentpole was a mistake. For another example, take her relationship with Beta-san: it also awkward, and was, at the end, only tied together quite loosely, and even that was only able to be done in relation to shota-kun's character development, as surrogate parents.

It's just alot easier to work with a young boy as MC, who's story is playing out concurrently with the occurring events of the show, rather than have an already stoic adult woman as the MC, who's character is primarily based in things that have already happened.

Never.
It's now your typical good vs evil conflict, all sides are good and in trying do to good they create conflict. That's why Moribito is good.
And the anime is a improved version of the books.
If you like it or not it's up to you.

Balsa at the time the story takes place is becoming old, her flame lost it's heat. It's a decadent milf.

That makes it unique, and interesting, but that's not necessarily why it's good. It's good for other reasons, the screen direction, the art quality, the story, the setting, the animation: those are also all very good. Take a look at the Heroic Legend of Arslan OVAs if you want an example of a solid story without good direction.

>her flame lost it's heat
Although it could be, that's definitely not a predominant part of her character in this story. There was an entire episode devoted to her almost murdering somebody in rage. You seem to be imagining things.

>It's a decadent milf
I don't even know what you're talking about here. Maybe you should consider quitting hentai.

>30 is old
>her flame lost it's heat
i honestly cannot fathom how after watching the series you came to conclusions even remotely close to those