*blocks ur mars colony*

*blocks ur mars colony*
heh nothing personnel melon husk

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PtBy_ppG4hY
extremetech.com/extreme/245369-nasa-proposes-building-artificial-magnetic-field-restore-mars-atmosphere
ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/casi.ntrs.nasa.gov/20030022668.pdf
eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2006-11/uoa-ssm110306.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It just means colonists would ecentually lose all their muscle tone. The real problem is very weak magnetic field.

>Mars will be an entire colony of Traps

>Jupiter: 24.79
Holy shit.. must be so weird to walk there like you couldn't even jump

not only that, but:
atmosphere is mostly carbon dioxide
it rarely gets above freezing even on the equator
no plate tectonics
very thin atmosphere

I honestly don't see why we want to make a colony on it other than for monetary gain.

>walk on jupiter

Just wear a weighted suit.

the entire planet is made out of gas

BRAAAAAAAP

>this counts as white in the US

I just rescued the solar colonization plans. How based am I?

colonisation is just a stupid space boy may-may, we evolved to like Earth and this planet is still here for us for billions of years to come, just learn to appreciate it and stay comfy

What are they being awarded for?

Is that an elf?

Terraforming Venus would be far more expensive but more profitable in the long run.
Shit is basically Earth but fucked up by being too close to the sun.

Everybody knows venus will be the true new homeland

Dumb brap posters

What about this picture says america to you kraut shitposter

the guy probably lives in eastern russia or something

>other than for monetary gain
Because man overcomes you joyless cunt.

This is you:
youtube.com/watch?v=PtBy_ppG4hY

isn't it obvious? we told you there's nothing but subhumans there, but you just had to ally them

Those are the people who were raping your nan in the 40's.

>Terraforming Venus would be far more expensive

Based on what estimates? Quite honestly, there is a very good argument that real terraforming of Mars is far far far more expensive and unrealistic than Venus. Not to mention that you can never change the gravity on Mars, making Mars terraforming an idiotic proposition in the first place.

we'll all be dead by the time any of this happens who cares

teraforming is a luxury even a type 2 civilization could barley afford, let alone our 0.7 asses, if any significant population is to live off earth it will happen on rotating habitats as building and maintaining them is a lot cheaper and logical, the planetary colonies will be a dick measuring competition, nothing more

gud goy, stay on your Mother Earth, everything will be fine!

If I was on Mars how long would I be able to run around holding my breath with just jeans and a hoodie before I died?

You could give Mars more mass, thus increasing gravity, but the problem with that is it would probably incorporatw smashing large bodies into it. Then you'd have to wait centuries or so for the bloody thing to re-congeal and cool-off, unless the whole thing's blown out of its orbit by the impact, in which case forget it.

This is what Martians look like. Still not want that colony?

The bigger problem is the cosmic radiation. It would be like Australia x100. Everyone would get cancer after a few weeks

Oneil cylinder in orbit is most practical "colony"

Can send automated or remote controlled systems down to planet to research or exploit resources.

Terraforming is energy intensive. The surface ain't worth it. Just build a rotating hab with 1950s niehborhoods on the inside, like oniel invisioned.

This is the game plan. That's why erybodys talking moon bases. Moon is best place to construct large scale habs.

I want it even more if it means I can have a Dejah Thorris waifu

That's not the problem. An atomosphere will protect against that, similar to Earth.

The problem is that Mars's atmosphere is easily eroded because it's magnetosphere mysteriously fucked off millions of years ago. If you want sunny beaches and brisk breezes, you've got to figure out how to give the bloody red ball some sort of magnetic field protection.

They literally look like they're made of clay and on display in some museum.

>*blocks ur mars colony*
heh

extremetech.com/extreme/245369-nasa-proposes-building-artificial-magnetic-field-restore-mars-atmosphere

Couldnt you just wear a weighted suit with resistance bands built in it on mars that essentially adds the mass and resistance to even it out.

It is imperative that we become a type one civilization ASAP. If we do not humans will perish on Earth at some point in the future. We are truly on the cusp. It is possible humanity got this far before and left earth. It is possible we were seeded here. No matter what if we want to survive as a species for eternity we must colonize space.

How many niggers are on Mars?

This desu

>monetary gain
That's been the reason for all colonization throughout history

>Then you'd have to wait centuries or so for the bloody thing to re-congeal and cool-off,

Dude, if you want to increase Mars' mass to that of Earth, you would have to smash our Moon, Mercury and half of the steroid belt in it. And it would likely take hundreds of thousands of years for the shitty molten body to cool down.

Mars is a non-starter for colonization.

Venus on the other hand could be done in 200 yrs with current tech.

'mysteriously', dude its core is not a bad ass as earths chad-iron molten core

Magnetism, gravity, it's all the same energy, the ether. If we were to awaken Mars's consciousness using meme magic then it's electromagnetic field would project itself and the gravity would increase, we as a species just have to manifest it as such, same with Venus and making Mercury it's moon once again correcting it's rotation speed.
Any excess CO2 we can take from Venus and out it on Mars and any excess xenon from Mars we can put on Venus.
But this all must cone after Sup Forums (3+1 Reich) takes over Earth and ushers in a one world government connecting humanity to one frequency of peace and prosperity for all.

>Venus
Venus is 864 degrees Fahrenheit (462 degrees Celsius)

That sounds like the most unbelievable, impossible course of action. Living in space stations with artificial gravity sounds more feasible than expanding mars.

Why aren't we just focusing on mining asteroids and manufacturing in space? This colonizing shit sounds like a huge waste of resources right now.

But colonization was a net loss every time.

>jumps over your mars colony

ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/casi.ntrs.nasa.gov/20030022668.pdf

I had no idea the Bognadoff brothers had race mixed cousins.

Not really the biggest problem, actually its kind of nice if you want to go back home again some day.

The real danger of a trip to mars is human error, lack of experience in interplanetary travel and just human stupidity.

>Venus is 864 degrees Fahrenheit (462 degrees Celsius)
So?

What is a sun shade? What is freezing out the CO2 in the atmosphere?

You do know it is way easier to freeze out large parts of an atmosphere than adding a whole damn nitrogen-oxygen atmosphere to a tiny planet?

>Thinks cooling a planet is easier than warming it.

Terra-forming Mars would take over a thousand years, but obliterating Venus's atmosphere made up of an extremely high amount of carbon dioxide and sulfur dioxide, while simultaneously adding oxygen AND reducing the surface temperature of around 450 °C is something than can only be done in science fiction. With current technology the only thing that's possible is living in the sky on Venus

you guys realize that the mass of the planets is what keeps them in precise orbit around sun right?

Venus is made for cloud cities. Earth atmosphere is a lifting gas in the Venetian atmosphere and the temperature above the cloud line where the colonies would float is actually fairly comfortable. The only sticking point would be the acid rain but that's nothing a nice teflon coating can't handle.

Terraforming Venus would be a mistake. Floating cities are the way to go.

I just want to be an asteroid miner desu, don't give a fuck about the comfyness factor

No, Mars will have an entire colony of lanklet tall girls.

>Terra-forming Mars would take over a thousand years
Explain how.

>but obliterating Venus's atmosphere made up of an extremely high amount of carbon dioxide and sulfur dioxide, while simultaneously adding oxygen AND reducing the surface temperature of around 450 °C is something than can only be done in science fiction.

If you have eliminatory school physics knowledge, you would know you can simply calculate the amount of cooling in a day from a completely shaded Venus very quickly. You can also calculate the current energy in the Venusian atmosphere. You will realize that a complete sunshade at the Sun-Venus Lagrange point held in place by a counter sun mirror at the L2 point can reduce the Venusian atmosphere temp to a CO2 freezing point within 70 to 150yrs depending on additional measures.

>you guys realize that the mass of the planets is what keeps them in precise orbit around sun right?
No, the mass does not do that.

>2050
>5 years mining platinum and gold on the asteroid belt
>finally get back to spain and sleep endless siesta with waifu
>You do know it is way easier to freeze out large parts of an atmosphere
How? we nuke the atmosphere and wait it to cool down?

Because Europeans brought slaves there and didn't care to exterminate all indigenous inhabitants. We just have to make sure to kill off all xeno scum on Mars before taking it

>walk on Jupiter
Sven, I...

This, you cant add or take away mass from mars or Venus without fucking with earth's orbit.

That only works because that asteroid doesn't have enough gravity to trap the exhaust from those boosters.

we have the capacity to do whatever the fuck we want in space. we just don't

>How? we nuke the atmosphere and wait it to cool down?

Sun shade. Very thin sun shades. You can build sun shades quite easily and solar sail them to the Lagrange point between the sun and Venus.

They even proposed this as a global warming solution for Earth (but only with a 2% reduction in solar radiation). eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2006-11/uoa-ssm110306.php

I was about to post that.
God you just want to fucking murder the cunt.

where the fuck are you going to get all that extra rock? The entire asteroid belt weighs about 4% as much as the Moon.

>I honestly don't see why we want to make a colony on it other than for monetary gain.
Literally the best gated community in the solar system, when earth goes full planet of the apes people won't even be able to float over there in rafts like they do today.

The center has so much pressure that the gas is compressed into a solid

a human couldn’t even make it to the solid surface they would have been crushed long before the.

If you watched The Expanse you’d Know this isn’t true.

>ywn single handedly rape an entire colony of weak martians with your x3 strength terran earth empire bros

>Not embracing the low gravity Space Jam

Suddenly... a frozen turd from the 80s takes out the whole ship. What could possibly go wrong?

Because gravity (or lack of it) is the one big thing that's keeping humans from colonizing mars.......

This.
not to mention, the atmospheric pressure at cloudtop-level is basically 1 earth atmosphere. there'd be no explosive decompression issues...no need for vacuum sealing, etc. a 'leak' would be no more catastrophic than a door being left open on earth - making repairs easy and construction materials could be very light.

right, it's god that does that. literally do the math pls

>You will never defend your iron rich home from short clumsy brutes that keep bumping their heads on your tall ceilings whenever they stand straight
>You will never use your understanding of the difference gravity can make to snipe them from almost beyond the horizon
>You will never laugh at them as they pretend to be John Carter and jump way too fast breaking their noses when they fall
Silly Earthling, Mars is for men.

This looks like a movie poster of a movie i’d Like to watch

>Cloud cities

No.

I want beaches and forests and animals and fish and oceans and rivers and helicopters, pls.

>right, it's god that does that. literally do the math pls

It is the centrifugal force vs. gravitational pull that keeps the planets in their orbits. It is NOT their mass. Their mass is part of the equation, not the reason for the orbits.

>earth but everywhere is afrika

A child would grow deformed in the womb in a low gravity environment, wouldn't it. We're best off ripping apart our neighboring planets and turning them into places that are actually fit to live.

Just move closer to the core where gravity is denser.

Duh.

I can do helicopters, airships, sky islands, and maybe some kind of weird bird.

you can what you want but we'll have to take what we can get. i truly independent self-sufficient colony is thousands of years away imo

we can always have aquariums and zoos

i hope ripping up all these massive bodies nearby and significantly changing their gravitational pull doesn't have any effect on our orbit

>Swedish intellectuals

Who said anything about keeping our planet as a sphere? Far more efficient shapes.

terraforming anything would be retarded. colonizing other planets is retarded. make a dyson sphere and be done with it. easier then to simply mine random asteroids. many are worth more than the entire economy of earth in terms of minerals estimated on them, but no way to actually get them currently. going to anotehr planet and colonizing it and bringing resources to it and then extracting new oens for earth is retarded. just conquer your own planet and space around it and you will never need another planet.

I could fap to that movie

Rip

Convinced that is not his endgame.
He's going to be the first multi-trillionaire mining asteroids.
Not so dumb after all, is he fuckers?

far more efficient shapes than a sphere?
for orbiting around the sun?
idk seems like that might really fuck up the day night cycles too. feel like that could be bad

>mfw Mars colonization is actually a covert attempt to create a society of soyboys

But for what purpose?

NO

I WANT PLANETS
WHY DOES THIS ALWAYS HAPPEN TO ME? WHY
I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING TO DESERVE THIS