We have more guns than the US but less gun crime

Prove me right lads

Yeah I made this yesterday and it got slid. I want a discussion on this so I made it more baity

>States has 100 guns per capita
>NZ has somewhere like 12
>these stats are very easy to find and will come up on every single link no matter what keywords you use in the search
>this makes it plain as day that the US has more guns than everyone else rite??

However these stats obscure several points. They clearly say they include non military weapons only however:

>the US has existed longer than New Zealand, and has had a proportionally larger army and been involved in more conflicts
>the US makes far more guns

From these points I’ve derived that it is possible:

>100 per capita includes only civilian hands, but this includes shopkeepers, collectors, museums, and paramilitaries
>this fits in nicely from a stat a /k/ user posted that 3% of Americans own 50% of the firearms

Combine this with:
>the majority of US population lives in cities
>cities are usually blue and anti gun
>New Zealand is still a very rural country and while the majority still live in cities almost everyone has rural connections
>almost everyone I know has a gun in the family. My family has plenty

This would fit in nicely with the stat that only 30% of Americans actually own guns

What’s the point I’m trying to make?

>nz has far less gun crime than the USA
>therefore gun ownership doesn’t correlate to violence
>if the US wasn’t the most armed population, that would undermine the anti gun rhetoric

America can blame coons but we have our own ones of those too. I personally blame the prescription medication system

Other urls found in this thread:

ghandoury.wordpress.com/2012/09/25/crazy-people/
crimeresearch.org/2015/06/comparing-death-rates-from-mass-public-shootings-in-the-us-and-europe/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>more like 12
Typo 22

Most gun murders in the US aren't in the form of mass shootings. These ordinary criminal shootings follow a racial pattern.

Mass shootings are more of a cultural and psychological phenomenon however there is a racial element here as well. The biggest thing that drives mass shootings is the reporting of mass shootings.

Most gun crime here is in the form of a bunch of drunk maoris robbing a paki diary for smokes

We haven’t had a “”mass shooting”” since aromoana in the 80s. While I do think that media coverage is biased, it clearly does happen

No doubt. I puts the idea in the spastics mind. Whenever I have an argument with libs irl about “hur dumb Americans and their guns” I always blame perscroption drugs. Americans love turning their kids into ritalin addicted zombies

They occur in irregular bursts wherein copycats follow up notable shootings. Ignore all stats that define mass shootings as 4 people shot because that is a deliberate ploy to render the data meaningless.

For fun note the lefty response to a Muslim terrorist mass shooting. They never talk about gun control after those because they want everyone to move on and forget. They only talk about gun control if the perpetrator isn't on the progressive stack.

This is quite possibly the dumbest post I've ever seen here.

Those are the broads y'all have to work with?

I would consider a mass shooting to surely be at least 10 people, and be people unrelated to the victim

People here will take any excuse to talk about America’s guns

You don’t believe it could be possible?

Another slide thread?

Ugh nz isn’t super flash but that’s a bit rank. I didn’t check very hard, I just needed a semi relevant bait pic

Have something better

ghandoury.wordpress.com/2012/09/25/crazy-people/

Pic related is actually a charity nude calendar shoot in honor of this British chad who died in a car accident.

It had girls guns and was from nz according to the link

I want legacy captcha back

Thank you. Here's another bump.

I believe you're a fucking halfwit. 80% of our violent crime is gang related according to the FBI. Our crime is literally blacks and hispanics killing each other for sport. Mass shootings aren't even a blip on the radar.

Here's one interesting fact about US gun crime stats. While most countries separate gun suicides and accidents from gun crime, the US (((for some reason))) lumps both of those in with violent gun crime stats, greatly inflating them.

I think everyone agrees that Captcha blows.

IIRC 80% of White gun deaths are suicides while 80% of Black gun deaths are homicides.

We don't have a gun problem we have a nigger problem, kys kiwi

US has ~50% of the guns in the world (privately owned) you're saying that NZ alone has the other 50%?

I didn’t just say mass shootings, I mean all gun crime. As I said earlier, most “mass shootings” I don’t actually consider mass shootings anyway. Think more about the implication of my theory being true NZ has more guns than the US in a relevant sense, therefore the issus the US apparently has with guns can’t solely be the guns fault

I’ve seen plenty of liberal charts that specifically exclude suicide tho

Ta

We have coons too. Read the rest

I included a theory that could explain that. Our gun stores aren’t very big, we have only one military museum, and no (that I’m aware of) paramilitaries

So there are 300 million guns currently on your tiny island?

From left to right: 2/10 2/10 3.5/10 wnb a single one.

No. The US has 100 per capita, NZ has 22. However I believe that NZ has a higher “number of armed households as a percentage of the total”. This is entirely feasible, however it’s a statistic almost impossible to find

Yeah they all suck sorry guys

I would say your assumption is unlikely although I see why you would think that.

We have more than half a billion guns in circulation, you fucking brainlet. Our gun crime is almost universally black and hispanic gangbangers killing each other in gun free shitholes run by democrats.

There are 100 million armed households in NZ?

That wasn’t my point. What I meant by a “relevant sense” was that if there are a greater number of armed households, there is easier access to guns dispite a more restrictive licensing system

If I want to go on a “mass shooting”
>go to dads place
>take Keys
>unlock mini 14 (arguably just as deadly in civilian hands as an ar)
>grab firing pin and ammo
>done!
If anything it would be easier than the US

>reading comprehension

You're saying you have more guns than us, no?

But there aren't a greater number of armed households. You are literally delusional.

>Number as a percentage of the total

Say 30% of american households have guns, based off of that /k/ stat. It could easily be nearly 50% here

30% of 330m is 110m.
50% of 5m is 2.5m
>could easily be
Lmao, the words you should never hear when trying to argue absolutes.

>once again completely missing the point

Also I’m going by households which is a more relevant factor than raw population which includes children

Fine 30% of 126m is 40m households.

Well over 30% of American households own guns.

You are delusional.

Ok cool what’s your point?

Are you sure? Including big cities?

That you are wrong.

Yes, I'm sure.

Could you fuck off now?

Mass shootings are actually not common in the US. We have less than most european countires. They just dominate the news cycle
>crimeresearch.org/2015/06/comparing-death-rates-from-mass-public-shootings-in-the-us-and-europe/

I think you are both missing the point here. Statistics on this front are non existent so I’m trying to get a feel for whether any Americans think it could be possible (with mixed results so far)

Telling a liberal arguing about guns that Nz actually has more completely shuts them down, because it means that prevalence of guns does not directly cause crime

Now I’m just trying to figure out how to win agains the guy who will say “citation needed” because none exist neither for or against

But most liberals don't care about the facts, if even 1 person has a firearm and 1 person gets killed that's enough for a ban for them. I agree you're probably right and its a decent fact based case but most will not be swayed.

a 'dairy' is a sheepfucker word for 'corner store' in case you septic cunts are wondering.
t. straya

They usually aren’t on corners tho

You're all over the place with that post bro.
I assume you get all your insight at the spinoff.

Hard to make a point when the statistics you need don’t exist

What stats?
I believe in gun control but your ridiculous need to compare US and NZ is unnecessary.

Historically, ethnically, politically, economically and every other way the US is different. You don't even need to compare to find a rational cause for gun violence.