The red eyes only show the intent to brutally kill the enemy in front of him

>The red eyes only show the intent to brutally kill the enemy in front of him.
>The golden Servant identifies the knight in front of him as a target he must kill.
>"Faker..."

Why was Gil scared of Archer?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OtIxgk3nKOw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

My bro Gil isn't afraid of that gaylord.

No red eyes is divinity look at Gil, hercules and Cu, it can sometime be gold like rhongominyad and ozymandias

Because Unlimited Blade Works trumps most of the abilities that Gil has in his arsenal. EMIYA at full power and Mana with no injuries can easily defeat Gil.

A serious Gil could defeat any servant.

It doesn't matter, he's never serious 99.9% of the time, he's an arrogant douchebag who only gets serious the split second before he gets BTFO'd.

Gil has ability to read other Servants abilities, so he knew about UBW and that it might problematic

>never serious 99.9% of the time

Think about your words user.

But yes, I agree. Unlimited Blade Works >>>>>>> Gate of Babylon. If Gil just used Ea, he would be fine. But he won't.

Serious EMIYA could defeat any servant too because he can just snipe them from across a city. They both have character faults of not caring, it's part of who they are. "Serious Gil" doesn't exist so it's pointless to think about it.

Serious EMIYA was in HA. Sniping didn't work though

>Serious EMIYA could defeat any servant

Hercules would like to speak with you. Or growl incomprehensible sounds with you.

You know a HARD COUNTER for UBW? A fucking sword. A simple fucking sword is enough to stop UBW.

I don't think so, it's clear Gil being a brain damaged retard who constantly jobs is an inseparable part of his character

>Unlimited Blade Works >>>>>>> Gate of Babylon
How so? THE only thing UBW has is a faster firing speed. That's literally it. And even that is not really an advantage, considering how long it actually takes to use UBW.

GoB has far more verity and versatility, containing pretty much everything from weapons capable of immense damage, to fucking space ships, to shields and armors strong enough to block NPs, to the best fucking wine. It also only takes only a split second to use, and is actually unlimited, unlike UBW, which only lasts as long as the users Mana does. UBW is fucking trash in a fight, while GoB is OP as all fuck.

>Gil
>Serious
Pick one. Gil's greatest weakness is his arrogant pride. He always underestimates his enemies, even when he deems them a threat or a worthy opponent. He always assumes that he'll come out on top, and it costed him his life when he fought Saber and Shirou.

The ONLY time he DID get completely serious was when he tried to kill Sakura before she could transform into the avatar for Avenger. He failed and was devoured.

>"Serious Gil" doesn't exist so it's pointless to think about it.
He went serious against Iskander out of respect to him as a worthy rival tho

Speed means a lot. Yes, GoB has a better and more diverse selection, but whaling on the opponent with countless blades really fast will trump most of it.

And Jeanne can read servants true name.
But suddenly cant read Archer name.

Yes, the whole point is that Gil needs to kill Emiya before he gets to deploy UBW, once he's inside UBW he's pretty much fucked unless he uses Ea at full power, something he refuses to do 99.99% of the time because hurr durr not worthy of using Ea on

Why the fuck doesn't EMIYA ever exploit the fact that he has a treasury full of Noble Phantasms with diverse and useful effects and instead insists on challenging the other Servants to direct, head-to-head battles equipped with a pair of plain swords whose biggest gimmick is a boomerang effect?

Gil has a million defensive NPs that can grant him total protection from vanilla blade spam, he's just too pompous to use them against Shirou.

He's chagrined and wants to suffer.

EA is an anti-world NP. UBW will crumble to pieces if Gil merely activates it.

Because he has zero(0) interest in winning the war?

If that was true he would've just jobbed against Heracles instead of killing him six times.

Only if he activates it in world-destroying mode like he did inside Iskander's MW

He knew his dick was bigger

Yeah and he's probably fought every servant there at least 5 times and knows their strengths and weaknesses and remembers it.

They just want him to stabby stabby and fail at or not use his archery abilities because of chuuni boner

The excuse is that he honestly doesn't give a fuck about the war and wants to kill shirou and be free of his hellish life.

He didn't fight Heracles to win the war.

He was ordered to stall Berserker as long as possible.

Also he barely ever gets a chance to use the full extent of his powers besides the fight against Berserker at the begining of UBW

Shirou's gambit only worked because he baited Gilgamesh into a dick-measuring contest to see who could spam swords faster, the ONLY thing UBW is better than GoB at.
If Gil had actually bothered to activate any of the NPs in his Gate instead of just firing them Shirou would've been fucked.

Gil couldn't kill fucking shirou

Why doesn't gill just throw random shit at emyia?

He's actually super unskilled at it, so for Emiya, bladespam is just a waste of mana against skilled servants. Only reason it worked on Gilgamesh was because UBW 1:1 copied him.
Nasu even mentions in some interview or material that bladespam wouldn't work on the average knight class and it's Gilgamesh's capability that makes it effective.

Why didn't Emiya just tell Rin to offer Cu some dog meat?

Honestly having Hakuno as master makes Gilgamesh way better person

>the most powerful servant in the history of mankind is a ginger teenager who was too lazy to actually master a weapon or skill so he invented some copypaste bullshit magic and literally stole everyone else's abilities that they worked a lifetime for
>this man is the "protagonist"

Wow.... what a story...

No, no it means literally nothing. The speed means literally nothing when you need a 15 seconds chant before you can even fire your first shot. In that amount of time, literally every servant can kill Archer 15 times over.

Taking out any NP not named Kanshou or Byakuya or Caladbolg II and activating it!= bladespam.

Case in point: Hrunting.

For fuck's sake Archer doesn't need to stand still to chant UBW.

>If Gil had actually bothered to activate any of the NPs in his Gate instead of just firing them Shirou would've been fucked.
Except that he wouldn't have time to do so because by the time he got his handsnon any NP, Shirou was already in his face with the exact same NP because projection is instantaneous inside UB.

Did you even play the scene?

Didn't he underestimate her healing ability? Also did he use Ea?

>Nasu even mentions in some interview or material that bladespam wouldn't work on the average knight class and it's Gilgamesh's capability that makes it effective.
Which is stupid considering Saber is shown to have trouble dealing with bladespam whether it was from Gil or Emiya.

The only Servant that ever displays immunity against it is Cu who has Fucking Protection from Fucking Arrows.

You do realize Gil doesn't just have swords in his Gate and he has NPs he does not even need to touch to activate.

He knows he can't compete.

Nasu is just a moron who loves downplaying Shirou in interviews and retconing his feats with each new edition of the side material to make Servants look less like a bunch of jobbers

Could Archer make Rule Breaker into an arrow and snipe with it?

Whether you like the story or not, mechanically FSN has always been a mess that Nasu has literally handwaved away with "the power of love conquers all."

It's almost like he realized having a bunch of japanese teenagers beat the shit out of legends of history/myth is kind of retarded in retrospect.

Which he wont use because muh faker not worthy of any my treasures, not to mention that UBW can also trace armors and defensive armaments albeit with an increased mana cost

Just face it, Gil is an arrogant jobber who always lets his ego get the best of him and gets fucked in the process

>"Faker..."
what did he mean by this?
no seriously, what was this

Could shirou beat shiki thono?

Depends...

The point is that Gil has a million ways to shut down Shirou cold not named Ea, whether he's actually use them is another matter entirely.

No, Nasu specified that Shiki would fuck him up unless they both died of a brain failure.

Gil has actual bolts of lightning in his treasury. Like literal lightning, not a weapon. He has auto defense system that stops anything coming close to him by shooting bolts of lightning at them. He has shields capable of blocking NPs. He has fucking nukes.

The only reason he lost was because Nasu made him job against all odds, since the protagonist needs to win somehow. His not worthy bullshit isn't even consist with how his character has been used to fight weak shits ever since.

>His not worthy bullshit isn't even consist with how his character has been used to fight weak shits ever since.
Like?

The entirety of Extra-verse, the weak shit you encounter in GO, and in fighting things he doesn't even know in Strange Fake. So basically in his appearance in literally every Fate entry since.

Fate stay night.

Servants hide their name cause otherwise other servants can exploit their weakness.

No servants in 4th or 5th have exploitable weakness.

Only Achille in f/a have one.

stupid shit like that makes me mad. What the fuck is Arturia secret weakness? wtf. hide ur name hide ur waifu cuz u got a weakness lul

That's true when EMIYA is fighting most Servants. But when he's fighting Gil, UBW is the ultimate counter since Gil is a king rather than a warrior. He has a ton of weapons, but he never even attempted to master any of them.

EMIYA however not only can counter Gate of Babylon, but he can analyze the properties of all the weapons in UBW and of GoB and thus instantly use the most effective means of wielding them (not like a master, but close).

EMIYA and Shirou are outclassed by other Servants, other Servants are outclassed by Gil, and Gil is outclassed by EMIYA and Shirou. It's rock paper scissors. EMIYA can beat Gil.

Every servant has weakness. You're taking that word too literally. A weakness doesn't have to be a glowing weak spot that you can hit to kill them. It could be anything they're not good at handling. Take Blue man. He was killed by a type of holy spear brought specifically to kill him. Or Herc. Even if they don't get a specific weak spot for him, they know for a fact he can't cast magic, so they can make their plans accordingly with that to gain an upperhand.

Yes he did underestimate the healing ability, and no he didn't use Ea. The point is that that time was the most serious Gil has ever been, and even then he still held back. Even when he used the sneak attack Gate of Babylon on Archer after his dual with Shirou, he still underestimated Archer and was shot in the head by him at the end of UBW. That's the point I'm making. Gil is NEVER 100% serious with his enemies due to his arrogant pride, that is until he realizes he's about to be defeated and it's already too late. There's a reason why Gil is often referred to as the King of Jobbers.

Its not exploitable in the short duration of hgw.
His biggest weakness is geass. But no one can activate it.
Also you can troll him with dog to force him to fight you seriously but I wont recommand it.

Arturia have literally no weakness. She is perfect, cause she is nasu or takeuchi waifu

What I really meant was that UBW can be countered by a simple shower or use of a strong sword before it is even cast. Remember, throwing a really fucking strong sword is far easier than using UBW.

>a warrior
If you ignore his Herc/Arturia level strength and swords skills good enough to keep up with Arturia, as well as just endurance and strength to take on Enkidu in a fistfight. Gil's level of strength changes every time he shows up.

>he never even attempted to master any of them.
Except the one he has, called Ea. His own weapon, which only he can use. Only he has mastered.

Remember, these statements you're repeating are what Shirou claimed. He does not know Gil. He just made a simple observation. It doesn't have to be correct.

Gil is literally perfect.

Archer's Mana wasn't replenished in time when he fought Berserker. Even then he killed Berserker 5-6 times. Had EMIYA had full Mana and no injuries, he'd kill Berserker completely by using Nine Lives Blade Works like Shirou did.

Fucking piece shit. I'm so fucking glad that, I'M SO GLAD THAT HE SO FUCKING TSUN ABOUT IT.

Even if Gil uses Ea, Archer just needs to cut off Gil's arm before he can activate it.

>3 years have passed
>secondaries still cannot grasp basic concepts of F/SN
>secondaries still refuse to just read the VN

Why do you insist on being ignorant? There is still time, you can still read the VN. You don't have to be a dirty pleb your whole life

Except we are shown that serious EMIYA wins the war in 3 days in he goes full sniper-mode.

Ah, but what if Gil cuts his arm first?

I'm not going to waste 50 hours of my life just to fucking waste an another 100 hours to argue on the internet with strangers

Ea takes a while to charge up and Archer is fast as fuck. He'd just literally disarm Gil before he could use Ea like Shirou did.

How can he when Gil is a shitty swordsman?

He'll grow a sword on the arm socket and use that.

>Reading garbage.

I wish i could go back in time and kill myself so i end up erasing all the timelines where i read that pile of shit. I should have read Tsukihime.

Cutting your own arm doesn't take much skills.

In this moment, he traced EMIYA speed and strength?

Cause I am pretty sure, it's not a move an healthy teenager can do.

Lmao stomps both

He can, if Gil just stands there doing nothing.

Obviously. And the anime kind of just exaggerates these to look good. In the VN, it's much more tame.

Why the fuck would Gil cut off his own arm? That's stupid.

As an idiot who watched F/Z first, I kept getting pissed off that masters kept fighting (and sometimes beating) servants in F/SN. F/Z makes it pretty clear that it's basically impossible under it's own (more sensical) rules, even if those rules came after F/SN. It makes a lot of sense that any servant would crush a master, so the battles are typically fought as MvM and SvS.

So that Archer can't? He can easily stop Archer from cutting his arm by doing it first. Are you retarded?

No need to bring out the glorious Ea for a lowly faker, Gil should've just wear his golden armor or bring out defensive NPs from GoB.
Too bad the MC's NP is plot armor.

Reminder that a serious Gil can be seen in Strange Fake

They only do that in F/SN.

Then how is he supposed to use Ea before bleeding to death? Don't answer that. Youre obviously baiting.

Reminder that Strange Fake is fanfiction.

So is everything that's not the VN.

Are people actually using the fighting against Shirou, where he does LITERALLY NOTHING, as an basis of Gilgamesh's power? That was an exception, not an example.

So almost the whole Fate Franchise including Zero is fanfiction?

The whole "masters can't even hope to compete against servants" rule exists solely so tha Shirou can look cooler by routinely standing his ground or even beating servants

youtube.com/watch?v=OtIxgk3nKOw

Arturia is Takeuchi's waifu, Medb is Nasu's waifu

I think he means cut off archers arm, but the thing is gil can't cut off archers arm if he can't even beat the teenage version close quarters.

The issue is that Shirou was never cool. If Kotomine or Kiritsugu did it, it would make sense, considering their obvious abilities and large amounts of training. Shirou is implied pretty easily to be a newbie, and while I could imagine EMIYA beating Gil, Shirou doing it is absurd as all hell (even considering the "Gil is an arrogant bastard" factor).

>where he does LITERALLY NOTHING,

I can't believe I have to go all out against a fraud like you!

Where?