ITT post buildings ruined for political reasons, and other modern architectural monstrosities

ITT post buildings ruined for political reasons, and other modern architectural monstrosities.

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/128428182
youtube.com/watch?v=lP2W7JHHj3w
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Libeskind
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You mean ruined by """""""progressive""""""" people?

I'd like to see the architects who designed this. I'd bet all my gold shekels they were jewish

That's right. Or for any reason that doesn't quite make sense.... (such as this mosque in Britain)

No one got anything?

When will we go on a campaign to destroy all pyramids, obelisks and cubes in the world?

This is fuckin "progress"

No ancient stuff though, I like all of that. Only modern jew shit.

What do you mean you don't like it goy, take a look at this one!

Could we ever wind the clock back?

This is considered one of the finest most well preserved examples of southern Art Deco design.

So when they added on to the left in the 70s they of course designed this. Sorry I don’t have a complete pic.

We must atone for our past sins. Our countries (under (((control)))) destroyed Nazism and allowed cultural Marxism to flourish. We must do the opposite now.

Here you can see the add on.

It's fine mate, I'm sufficiently nauseous looking at that abomination. Why was it done, if not to make our world an uglier place?

This one makes me sick to look at.

What building is this?

buildings on the right looks like a nesting place for some kind of bug creature

This one wins. Congratulations!

To add more room. Thankfully they didn’t destroy the old one.
Beaumont Texas. I live in the area. Downtown has several Art Deco style buildings. They are starting to wake up to it and lots of them are being preserved now.

Courthouse.

Look at these brutalist buildings. I actually find them repulsive and have to avert my gaze after a short time.

That is one of the worst isn't it... yet there are more

Why not make it in the style of the old building?

it genuinely looks like a tumor

jesus christ

You’ll have to ask the boomers and (((greatest generation)))

It's very pretty

Not the concrete tumour strapped onto it

That building looks like a collage even without the metal tetrahedron. What the fuck is that supposed to be in the first place?

>Museum of African-American culture
>looks like a prison

Accurate

Who gives a shit? Quit being so sentimental user.

Just google Brasília/Brasil buildings on google.
Seriously, it's all full of modernist crap,
Pic related is supposed to be a church.

Not even art deco enough for me. Chrysler building, Bioshock or go home.

Who (((nose)))?

Everybody who thinks: 'why does it matter what things look like?' Watch this when you get the chance:

vimeo.com/128428182

"Library"

"Museum"

This monstrosity is smack-dab in the middle of the National Mall in D.C. To say it clashes with the classical Greco-Roman architecture surrounding it is an understatement.

Looks like a melted version of the Cathedral in my city!

This houses the ministry of foreign relations.

>the chad architect

Supreme Court.

I actually like this one.
Also a lot of brutalist buildings, on photos that is, not around my commute.

I love going in there. I have to once a year to register my truck. It’s insanely beautiful inside.

embassy of the czeck republic

Edison plaza built in 1983

The entire fucking city was modelled after some soviet utopia.
Pic related is the founder of the city, hammer and sickle stylized.

kek

60's and 70's architecture

/thread

>Tfw this was my university for 3 years
>Tfw London is the worst offender for glass and steel monstrosities

Its only a matter of time before all the great buildings are gone

I can forgive Brasilia since they have a pretty consistent design throughout the city.

Saved every single one, honestly get be raging just looking at them

kek

Can't compensate for the ugliness outside.

Turks fucking up European stuff as usual

And they can't even get that right

Everyone watch some Mosley for sanity:

youtube.com/watch?v=lP2W7JHHj3w

Can hardly see the flag over all the shit, sums up our society really.

Reminds me of this

Just to throw a twist in OP's theme here's a modern style building built as much as an art piece as a building where some how the usual shit for once enhances the building.

Its the church of the light in japan, a small sanctuary made of simple concrete with almost no flair or decoration to keep you close to just you, god, and the scripture - if thats your thing.

he even does the Lenin pose, Christ

Oh, they do?
Traffic jams are a rule here, and the city was projected to be the "future city for the car".

this is in MY town

Pic related happened this very month, lol.

Great idea but poorly executed imo

>when your GPU is overheating

Should have been made out of stone, solid marble or slate flooring with some wooden accent if necessary.

Shit! Sorry mate, how liberal is it over there?

North Korea does a better job than most of these (((architects)))

>Go to Washington D.C. as a tourist one day
>Walk by this Museum
>Bunch of black people picketing this museum over abortus?
>What the actual?

>cousin had a 3d plastic model of hagia sophia
>built it without the minerets

we are the most conservative state in Germany

What about the national congress?
Seriously, this city is a fucking disgrace. Fucking grafitti everywhere.

The beaks make it really obvious what they are doing.
That one is a photoshop by a shitty 'photographer' who just edits normal pictures of normal buildings.

noice

What's with this theme of introjecting modernist crap into traditional buildings?
Looks like the thing is being corroded by the T-virus or something.

Good on him, fuck the T*rk menace, reclaim European achievements.

A bowl, an upside down bowl, a weird pool, and a tower chopped in half. Makes no sense at all.

Makes sense, that one is a bit over the top, I'll remove it from collection.

Even this jungle tribe has sense to eject the chosen

It's the J-virus really.

Nice to see that there's room for all kinds of architecture in our cities! Personally dont really like the bottom two but the top ones are pretty cool.
And if you really wanna complain about costs: capitalism will make sure that the money is worth it. Else no one would build them.

in bongland or europ as a whole if you're aware, does anyone give a fuck about the rate of government spending? or is it an entirely disconnected argument about what to spend money on?

even justice doesn't want to look at that shit

pretty sure the guys storming normandy weren't dreaming of coming home to that shit.

Looks like a Mosque for space niggers

Bridge,

The floors and benches are wood and so are a few stairs but I think it was a small church with some connection to the architect like friends or something so they probably couldn't afford it

This is some Protocols of ZIon tier shit

i work in manhattan and the "modern" architecture disgusts me.

>muh $20,000 a month apartment in a glass building

30% of the bong budget is spent on gibs, I'm not exaggerating in any way. The rest just about keeps the country afloat or is wasted on various (((projects))) that never help a white person. Don't know about the rest of Europe

That actually looks better than the rest, if only because the rest are so shit, I think the minimalism makes it barely acceptable. Still not my favourite though.

I do think concrete ruins the look of things though, I remember my old school, build all new just had bare concrete walls in one of the halls, looked disgusting.

Central Bank.

(((progress)))

It is literally Jews perverting beauty because they are repulsed by it. They mark their territory and power by building hideous shit on purpose. This is why they put giant ugly holohoax museums everywhere, even in Australia. They are branding the goyim with ugliness. The Jew worships ugliness and sin.

opinions on the sydney opera house?

Brutalism can be beautiful sometimes when it gets that rad Cyberpunk look to it with crazy yet orderly geometry and sharp edges; It's a good look for some places. You can give it a more welcoming appearance by adding more fine detail to it. But for industrial areas, its great. Detroit would do good with a mixture of it and Art Deco, but sadly here everything's vinyl-siding prefab bullshit when it's not made of steel and glass.

Just go on google street view and take a 10 minute hike through Brasília.
You'll puke your dinner, I guarantee.

that's exactly what a central bank would and should look like

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Libeskind
Same guy designed it all. "Born in Łódź, Poland, Libeskind was the second child of Dora and Nachman Libeskind, both Polish Jews and Holocaust survivors."

Cyberpunk buildings are kinda comfy desu

this never fails to make me feel

bump for architecture

who the hell would want to live in this garbage?

Cantral bank

You do the same for London, report back in 10 minutes.

thanks for taking the time to search it, didn't expect any different though!

Appreciated

Are those books good?