Evangelion

is Neon Genesis Evangelion the greatest anime of all time? why or why not?

I fell into suicidal depression upon finishing the anime yesterday tbqh.

did you watch EoE? and yes, it can be depressing, but the shit makes you think

and very few things that are movies or shows make you think like that

>did you watch EoE?
Looking to watch in about 20 mins. What am I in for?

a whole bunch of nonsense.

desu i don't remember all of it. was with my ex when i was watching it for the first time and her and i just made out and she gave me a BJ while i tried to watch... but what i do remember, shit is weird.

*desu not desu what the fuck

This is the worst post I've ever seen on Sup Forums. Congratulations!

O K A Y i am saying "TO BE HONEST"

lmao thanks
but i was 16 at the time and it was my first gf so i mean

yeah

Please leave. Nobody wants you here. There is a fundamental difference between the way you think and the way we think. You will not have a good time here. Please, just go.

Yes. The directing, editing, and composition of shots is so far beyond what I have seen in other anime.

A very obvious example is the split edit in episode two towards the end when Shinji begins remembering what happening during the fight with the third angel. The first two episodes gain so much just from all of the directing decisions about having that one flash back.

I could keep going about characters, character development, switch-bait, expression of lonliness, soundtrack, animation, etc.

It has its flaws, definitely, but it is just too strong where it doesnt have flaws.

>>>/facebook/

The greatest piece of animation Japan every produced.

it's really my first time on Sup Forums and wanted to see what the public opinion of Eva was. regardless of how i think, i'm staying here.

it is very strong in its weak spots, i totally agree. do you think it's a must see anime, similar to FLCL or Cowboy Bebop?

It would not have had nearly the impact it did if the entire cast was male.

true, i agree with this. the fact that so many vital characters were female is severely different from some of the anime at the time.

Yes its a must see, more so than the other two you mentioned

Go away, you're obviously the newest of newfags and not cut out for this site.

>>>/global/rules/6

I agree, it should be watched at least once by every person who's into anime, IMO.

Not my fault for never coming to Sup Forums and knowing there was a wordfilter. I've been on other boards before, dumbass.

What shithole did you crawl from where the concept of 'assimilating into the board culture' doesn't exist? Either way, not even time can cure your faggotry.

What's your problem? Seriously. I wanted to get the opinion of Sup Forums on Evangelion, and you sit here and are shitting on me for not knowing there was a wordfilter. Why? If this thread had nothing that interested you besides taking out your frustration on an anonymous person, then fuck off. Thanks.

Lurk more, newfag.

Reminder to self-moderate posts that aren't up to Sup Forums's standards.

Let them talk! How else will they ever adjust to board culture?

>Depressed after Eva
>Hasn't even watched EoE yet

Oh man. You are in for a fucking ride.

You guys wanna watch End of Eva? I'll stream it. Dub or subs?

>depressed after Eva

I don't get this. I mean, the characters suffer a lot and are forced through incredibly traumatic situations, and many of the characters meet unpleasant ends, but I think the overall ending is kind of life affirming.

"As long as you are alive, there is a chance you can be happy."
"How can you love others when you never even learned to like yourself."
Etc.

Ultimately, I think Eva is, in large part, about grappling with depression and despair, and despite all that entails, finding value in your own life, in your own existence. Dealing with my own issues, it struck a chord with me.

This. The ending is optimistic as fuck. At long last the characters will have a second chance to fix their fucking lives.

It's trash. Eureka SeveN is better by itself and better at doing the same thing as NGshit while also not doing the same thing.

Dub

I finished the series 30 minutes ago for the first time. I'm semi confused but in a content way... I don't know how to feel