Now that it's finally out, what's your opinion on Your Name?

Now that it's finally out, what's your opinion on Your Name?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/PDSkFeMVNFs
youtube.com/watch?v=owFQKBqfEWE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Kino

Better than any crap Miyazaki shat out in his whole life

why didn't he just write his fucking name

Opinion hasnt changed. First 60 minutes are great then the "plotholes" (or whatever you wanna call shitty writing) start to pile up. Still a solid 65/100, sure as hell better than the trash that is KnK with its completely misguided approach to selling suicidal thoughts.

Plot twist is dumb and breaks suspension of disbelief but Mitsuha is cute.

It was okay.

>kids switching bodies across vast distances
>the fact that it was also time itself was too much for you
wut

it's great

I felt the opposite, everything before the plot twist was a collection of crappy average tropes and cliches, though it's not particularly "bad", just underwhelming. Once the twist happens though, it becomes pretty damn good and you can see why it's rated so highly.

Looks great as usual, but its nothing special.
Tried to make the ending happier than usual, but it's still the same hollow and unsatisfying Shinkai ending.

Thats what I thought by the end. Then I recalled some of the events and asked myself if I missed something so I rewatched it and came to the conclusion that I didnt. Some stuff simply doesnt add up and is overdramatized in a really annoying manner. I guess I just prefered the well executed tropes over the failed attempt at creating something special (since it wasnt coherant at all). Its pretty and the audio design is nice though.

I really liked it. Still the best movie I've seen this year so far.

Generic desu, but very good execution.

5cm was a better movie.
Garden of Words had a better couple.

Don't get why people loved this one so much.

It wasn't that bad, I expected it to be dogshit after hearing all the hype about it but it surprised me, in a good way.

Not bad, but overrated.

Outside of the first story and of course the very end, 5cm/s was very uninteresting.

I prefer Voice of a Distant Star.

Cool for first time. Not really good after a rewatch. The soundtrack is undeniably good, though

At least we all agree on the ost being great, right?

The movie's zen zen zense montage is awesome youtu.be/PDSkFeMVNFs

Cause she would had forgotten it, remember even cellphone words were deleted thats why he decided to write a feeling that can be taken away

Watch the fucking movie right before talking

Its really good, my favorite is dream lantern and the op montage was beautiful

Modern classic
Will be talked about 20 years from now

I wish I was a girl

You can user, but its expensive

thats about it. just pretty.

How wasn't it coherent?

Kanoo

>Bought the special edition off amiami
>It finally arrives
>doesn't come with film bookmark

Was the SE never suppose to have it? I'm a little bummed out about it.

Meh. Montage was a shitty way of building their relationship and the whole movie feels hollow because of it. Garden of Words looked better. Overall it was okay but I expected more from Shinkai.

Memekino

the saddest part was that mitsuha's teacher is yukari from garden of words and she likely died when the comet crashed

Koe no Katachi was better.

ended on an bad note when bothe characters comitted suicide

How would you know that those words wouldn't get erased either?
They completely forgot each other after the messages were deleted.

You got ripped off. Somebody along the line pocketed it.

aside from its animation, it was ridiculously mediocre

Damnit. Oh well, knowing my luck it would have been a shit pull anyway. Only one out of the 34 that I really want is the Yotsuha one (some lucky user pulled pic related), but I don't absolutely need it so I guess it's fine.

Your Name has changed what I'm able to watch. I'll put on mediocre garbage that I used to be able to down like water and now all I see is shit.

>
>soundtrack 6 vs 10
Ok thats just laughable now

did you finish the movie

Overrated. It's great, fantastic even, but almost absolutely not "the greatest anime of all time".

Angel Beats OP is better than anything in Kimi No Na Wa. I couldn't pick any interesting compositions. Most of it sounded very generic, even that pop rock song which plays when they figure out they're switching bodies.

Didnt you understand? the words were deleted because they were just word but the feeling cant be deleted, thats why he wrote that

>mitsuha's teacher is yukari from garden of words
What.

I really enjoyed the soundtrack. Still brings feels.

Mediocre and unworthy of the praise, attention, and earnings it drew in.

Virtually nothing of merit but perhaps a nod of acknowledgement to the highly detailed scenery throughout.

It would be nice to see that remade with better animation and scenery/backgrounds. IT deserves it. It's plotline was also far better and interesting that most of his later works and had a nice realistic sci-fi issue to contemplate similar to The songs of Distant Earth - that of communication over vast distances and the time it takes for sending messages.

this is 4k

hnnnng

It actually lived up to the hype. I wish I could've seen it in the cinema, but stuff like that never gets shown here.

still nowhere to be seen in germany, it was JUST licensed ~2 weeks ago

at least I get to watch silent voice next month in the cinema........

Hum didn't like it that much. But the fact that it was shilled to death in my country maybe didn't help.
I don't know, just seemed to me like some gender bender wish fullfillment movie. Guess it's a matter of taste.

>Mitsuha is A Ho
What did he mean?

I want to watch it because it's good but I don't want to watch it because it's wildly popular.

No but the real reason is I have no tolerance for high-school romance shit because it just reminds me that my entire life has been completely devoid of such things

this doesn't really feel like high school romance to be honest, you should give it a try

This shit was ugly, I couldn't even believe it was by him. He sure has come a very long way.

Most people who watched this are in their 20s and probably never had romance or ever thought it would ever matter anyway, but this film really encourages the obvious-yet-always-forgotten concept that romance takes time and interaction to blossom, and the hedgehog's dilemma of how much you are willing to struggle to reach love that you know is out there. I'll admit that I don't usually care for cliched romance films like this sounds either, but watching it made me really enthusiastic to search for my own love and socialize more beyond my comfort zone. I recommend you try to watch the film once to see how you feel at the end.

Why not just use google maps to tell where the town is
Why not just see the news and get the name of the town
Why the hell that he went to school and still didn't knew the name of the town
If the disaster was a national headlines, why is that the guy conveniently didn't knew anything about it
How the hell they fell in love

why all this hate?
what makes you dislike his works,other than they being popular?

Even though I liked the montage they sort of rushed the romantic development in the first half, so the climax in the 2nd half felt a little hollow, especially when they they were panicking over the names instead of the meteor.

>this film really encourages the obvious-yet-always-forgotten concept that romance takes time and interaction to blossom

This is one of the film's weakest aspects though, since they never actually meet except once at twilight and their past is done entirely through a quick montage.

Only human after all, huh?

>Finally out
It's been a year, what do you mean?

A romance OVA with a huge budget and awful writing. I didn't feel like Shinkai understood what a movie should be, there was nothing interesting visual, only good animation. It's a shame this got so popular, it doesn't do justice to what animation can do.

It clearly wasn't an OVA. Words have meanings.

They got along as convenient friends who improved each other's lives by doing different things outside of their gender habits (Taki building a mini-cafe, Mitsuha talking with boys and sempai a lot, etc.), but the constant bodyswitches speed up things to make them wonder how each other feels about the lifestyles they changed and their respective ones that got changed. Mitsuha was first to be curious after all her acts of playing cupid between Taki and Okudera, because she feels like their connection meant more than just friendship and having laughs. She never gets to open up to Taki on how he feels about her, which is what pushes her to find out herself. Taki realizes how much Mitsuha meant to him as more than just a friend when they stop bodyswapping, and the whole tragedy twist made him desperate to reconnect their bond together. The love was more flowing faster through the element of absence and its rekindling, hence the whole theme with musubi.

I agree that we could have used a bit more scenes after the Zen Zen Zense montage, but I can accept it as it is too because a lot of the film involves you as the audience to interpret how their relationship develops based on what you think is ideal (hence why the ending is left unseen so that you can guess how they'll go)

Did you forget how they were actively forgetting things?

Obviously they don't always forget. The guy able to draw the town on his notebook.

We see that it took him a lot of time and effort to remember and draw it.

Said effort should had been spent on trying to remembering the town name, then

translated manga where? google, iqdb and yindex don't show anything

Technically he didn't draw the town completely by memory. He had to look up reference books and images in order to draw a town with the very few details that he does visually remember (the number of mountains, the shape of the lake, etc.). Even then his town drawing is completely unrecognizable by anyone who isn't from Itomori (hence the ramen guy), which does speak volumes of how so many people forgot about the town and the tragedy 3 years ago due to a common case of "i don't care" or simply moving on.

I understand that the idea is that they know each other's circumstances very intimately as a result of living each other's lives, but I feel it's a little awkward to call that friendship considering they don't actually get to interact very much and we don't really get to see them really appreciate any of the changes the other person brought in their lives. The friendship could have been built up some more. From the perspective of a crush what they've shown is more than enough, but the romance got a lot of focus in the latter half so just being more explicit about their daily lives after they realized the swapping would have improved it.

I'm not really fond of the idea that the audience should just fill in the gaps that a film failed to cover, it's not a mystery.

It's on the panda, non H.

weird choice of location to put the manga up, but i guess it never occurred to me to search there

It's more that the two do realize what was missing from a bodyswap-formed relationship (primarily the face-to-face interaction in order to know how each other feels), but they were still glad of the bodyswaps because that was how they got to know each other and awaken something new inside them. I suppose their desire to love each other is how their lives became so connected into one line that it was too painful for them to separate, and only by acting to overcome the pain do they try to reconnect their lives in order to start a more blossomed relationship in the traditional sense (by the end of the film). You're right that the romance could be more explicit by showing more scenes if they could have, but I think that it could be the character's own uniqueness to love like this because they adapted and experienced change just to be together, which kinda has its own implication on what romance means to different perspectives.

I think you're reading too much into something that was sort of left out of the actual movie.

what makes this so overrated?

It was pretty bad. It just didn't leave any impact on me at all.

I watched it fairly recently.

Given the cliche as fuck premise with body swapping and the hype surrounding the movie in spite of it I strongly expected there to be some dumb plot twist. It ended up underwhelming. It's also completely unrewatchable.

Mediocre

plot is trash, but everything else about it was god tier. Sum of its parts

overrated as fuck though

>1080p pic
>is this 4k

READY is great but honestly disappearance's soundtrack is otherwise p forgettable

Has it been confirmed if the 4K is an upscale or not?

I liked it up until that point where they forgot about each other. Just felt like forced tear jerking.

the waifus are fucking SHIT

I like it, it's Shinkai best work so far. I'm glad he finally fuck-off with his 'muh beta cuck', it's fucking annoying and pathetic.

I should probably get around to finally watching this, whose release should I download?

>didn't masturbate immediately when turning into a girl
broke my suspense of disbelief desu

Felt like one of those garbage blockbuster flicks Hollywood puts out every year.
Just switch Shinkai with Michael Bay and RADWIMPS with Linkin Park.

Looked pretty, sounded pretty, but the plot was fully centered around what makes romance shows god awful.

I agree, kinda like a shitty version of what happened at the end of 5 cm/s. That one was actually pretty good because it was realistic, even shinkai hated this shit, it'll never be as good as his previous films

Visuals are good.
Everything else is bland.
Story doesn't make sense.

Typical shinkai bullshit.

youtube.com/watch?v=owFQKBqfEWE

The only thing I want are more lewds

holy shit is this on the panda?

Tell me Sup Forums, what version should I download?

Really didn't expect it to hit me as hard as it did. I guess thats what I get for selling it kinda short initially, glad I gave this a chance. Loved the OST too.