What's your favorite "battle shounen"?

What's your favorite "battle shounen"?

The one that has good story

DAL

This is a discussion thread, not a rec thread.

Show me your discussion.

Kingdom

It will come, if you stop shitposting now.

Just like in any other rec thread.

How about you go full autism here instead of bothering me? This is the last (You) I'm giving you.

The one that generates the least shitposting. Maybe Fairy Tale?

New chapter out
sensescans.com/reader/read/kingdom/en/49/527/page/1

I happen to like food

Keijo!!!!!!!

Busou Renkin. I liked Kenichi more until the manga went to shit.

Still can't believe this was a fucking fakeout. Fuck this fucking shit. This is why toriboi got cancelled and rightfully so.

It's WSJ what you expect?

NnT too

The two you just posted. Everything else is shit. I read Seinen mostly.

Kingdom is my favorite manga.

Grow some taste you fucking faggot

Rokudenashi Blues

You just posted them.
I was reading Nanatsu since the very beginning and despite a weaker second half (mainly because Nakaba went ill during it) it picks up the pace once again and both the character interactions and battle choreography are among the best i've seen in the entire fucking genre.

I also appreciate that Xenogears/Automata-like love story, he loves jrpgs and it shows.

One Piece and Nanatsu are actually both much better gash bell from art to story.

Yugioh

Tsubasa and JJBA are my favourites

Air Gear.

Strictly shounen and battle, i'd say the ones i enjoyed most are yu yu hakusho and flame of recca. For younger people i'd recommend Mär.

World Trigger

Psyren.

Relatively short, satisfying, good characters and development, just like shounen should be.

Good picks. These two are the best currently running battle shounen.

Dragon Ball and Jojo

I like others but after reading those two everything else feels derivative as fuck, at least on Jump and Sunday

For ongoing, probably the two that you posted. If it's finished series, then Houshin Engi comes to mind. Great ride from beginning till end.

HxH or World Trigger.
Kimetsu is bretty good too.

the strategies are good, but in terms of characterization and plot world trigger is poor as fuck.

what? the fights in kimetsu are awful.

They are just retro as fuck, that's fine with me.

Kongoh Bancho>Nanatsu no Taizai

I really don't understand this World Trigger cult. People often talk about the series as if it were the new HxH.

>characterization and plot
i'm fine with both. they're good enough and the battles are top tier making this is a really good series overall.

The fights are HxH-tier.

The characters exist solely to make and talk about strategies, they have no nuances. The plot exists solely for training and rankings, has no progression. And although the fights are creative, they have virtually no stakes.

HxH have charismatic characters with touching personal dramas, unique designs and fights that push their psychological and physical state to the fullest.

I'm not saying WT it's rubbish or anything, but I really can not see anything memorable.

No. KB was good but had an enormous villain of the week vibe, way weaker character interactions and weaker writing in general. It has nothing like Meliodas/Ban bromance or Ban-tier characters in general.

absolute great taste my man

Because KB is supposed to be a comedy an not a shonen.

Nanatsu has better comedic moments as well.

Nope

NNTfags are the new narutards

Yes.

no again

the word to world trigger is: heartless.

You guys should just respect eachothers preference.

But I do. It's just my opinion

and HxH

god tier

Bleach

It's simple and easy to read, I like the characters, the powers are entertaining and honestly, aside from villains there isn't that big a power creep in this except for the main character and villain and it's appropriate because they're the main character and villain.

Mine is Naruto.

Only if you pretend that everything after Aizen doesn't exist
The anime adaptation was also god tier.

>no one dies or is even injured
>god tier
triggerfags and neverlandfags are the worst in jump right now

It's a battle shounen, not a deathmatch shounen.

>Black Triggers
>Kek

Magi

osamu almost got killed, lol

do you even read world trigger???

This isn't my favorite nor was it that good, but I really wouldn't have minded another arc or two.

After all these years I'm still mad

But the fun is precisely in thinking that MAYBE they can get hurt or die. When this is discarded, why should I care about them or their fights?

>almost
The author should do a sports manga instead (btw, even Haikyuu has more tension), not a survival one.

Current favorites is NnT. I also like Dr. Stone, and Neverland but pray they never drift into Battle territory.

not him, but, world trigger giving the characters "fake" bodies to fight just means they can lose more often as their real bodies are fine. and considering that the story seems to be an infinite training for rankings, the fights become quite apathetic, as if everything were just simulation.

It's interesting how OP and NnT are also the best selling series of their respective magazines.

and both have 'captains',

>People often talk about the series as if it were the new HxH.
It literally is.

Wild guess - you're Academia fag?

Does NnT have a good world building too? I'm planning to read it and I'd love to see there some cool places that character visit, like in OP.

i'm a hxhfag.

Hunter x Hunter because it's so well written that it's just amazing. Togashi is literally a master of foreshadowing, for he has foreshadowed O my rubber nen since Chrollo been chained by the chain dude and it is mentioned again when Gon smashes Pitou's head. He also forshadowed Shalnark's death during Yorkshin arc with the prophecy. Even the bomb Meruem: King of the ants got nuked with was foreshadowed in the previous arc, Greed Island, where we find out that Genthru's ability goes by the name "Ritiru furoweru" which translates directly to "Little flower", and implication that it is a small bomb compared to the big bomb wich explodes in the shape of a flower.
Also, the fights are very interesting as Togashi managed to reduce the powerlevel horseshit as much as possible.
I would love to hear what anime/manga you find similar to this well-crafted series because I personally haven't found anything that even comes close to its greatness.

Think about Final Fantasy 9's comfiness with a vibe of Arthurian legends and occasional cool places like that. That's basically NNT.

It has a lot of weird places for sure.

WT fights are superior, but Academy is much more fun and interesting in terms of characters, interactions and overall development.

>ctrl+f
>no mention of Baki

shitposting aside, the only gripe i have against hxh is every arc never feels complete. We just go to the next one with so many things unexplained

Starting to get tired of this guy losing

Baki is a comedy

Kingdom

Don't worry, WT will be cancelled any moment now. You won't have to see him ever again.

It's already been so long, huh?

Does FMA even count as battle shonen?

The protagonist visit the same places more often than not. It's not like One Piece where every arc is a different island. But the world building is decent, probably around Naruto level.

Then Toriko might interest you too. It's gone downhill only in the last 50 or so chapters.

Yu-gi-oh desu

>Academy is much more fun and interesting in terms of characters, interactions and overall development
Academia is shit when it comes to all of these though. Here's hoping you're shit posting and that WT isn't actually inferior than MHA in these categories. I was planning on reading it soon.

>no NNT this week
I just want to see Escanor finally struggling.

You mean last week, there is one this week.

Toriko.

>WT isn't actually inferior than MHA in these categories.
good luck with that, then.

I read it. Yes, I love Toriko world. Shame we didn't get Space arc.

>manga based on One Thousand and One Nights
>chapter names are called Night *chapter number*
>Ohtaka is about to end the manga
>she won't release 1001 chapters / 1001 nights
she's doing it wrong

thats not a battle shounen

Thoughts?

>Relatively short
You mean "abruptly cancelled with a shitty ending"?

based Sup Forumsnon, despite team jobbers I still love it

It's a good one, a bit underrated even, but idk if I'd agree it is best battle shounen