Question for Anti-Gun anons

Can someone who is unironically anti-gun answer this question for me?

How do you define an "assault rifle"? What functional difference is there between an AR-15 and a deer hunting rifle?

Would a theoretical assault rifle ban ban deer rifles? If not, please explain how you would distinguish it from and AR-15?

Thank you.

Other urls found in this thread:

theflatspot.net/ar-15-receiver-flat.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruger_Mini-14
thefederalistpapers.org/founders/jefferson/thomas-jeffersons-assault-rifle-the-girardoni-air-rifle
assaultrifles.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You're on the wrong board to ask those questions.

The only "gungrabbers" here are ironic shitposters.

An assault rifle is any select fire (safe is not a fire mode) rifle chambered in an intermediate cartridge typically designed for military applications.
An assault weapon is a made up term used by vapid cunts who's understanding of firearms is no deeper than a puddle.

yes

Anything that has a clip/magazine and can fire 50rpm or more.

>How do you define an "assault rifle"?
Anything with:
1. Threaded Barrel
2. Detachable Magazine
3. Semi automatic function
4. Ability to accept tactical accessories (VFG, AFG, Lights / lasers, etc).
6. Grenade launching spring clips on ar-15 pattern rifles.
7. Anything with a sights over bore distance of over 1"

>What functional difference is there between an AR-15 and a deer hunting rifle?
Ability to take a standard capacity magazine. Good luck getting a trench mag for your remington 1100. Good luck having your dur rifle gas system stand up to long strings of fire.

/k/ doesn't allow politics.
I don't know if you are trying to answer or you are progun.

Ok so how is that different from a semi auto deer rifle?

The problem with this is that the only thing you are really getting at is capacity which is not a function of the gun itself. How can this be codified into law?

If AR-15's were banned, knowing gun culture, the Remington 1100's would certainly start having standard capacity magazines.

It sounds like what you wantis a magazine capacity restriction instead of a assault rifle ban. All of the other features you mentioned are superfluous to the function of the firearm.

>/k/ doesn't allow politics.
You wouldn't find gungrabbers there, either.

>The problem with this is that the only thing you are really getting at is capacity which is not a function of the gun itself. How can this be codified into law?
>If AR-15's were banned, knowing gun culture, the Remington 1100's would certainly start having standard capacity magazines.
>It sounds like what you wantis a magazine capacity restriction instead of a assault rifle ban. All of the other features you mentioned are superfluous to the function of the firearm.

WRONG. I want to ban the features of the rifle that make it more dangerous. Don't forget that the gas system of an 1100 is utter shit, and the rifle physically eats it's receiver after ~2000 rounds. Then you have to take the damn thing apart with a special wrench, and stone the aluminum receiver rails down further.

With the advent of modern material sciences, we can put a plug in the chamber of rifles that melt at a certain temperature. If you fire too many rounds without allowing your rifle to cool, you're KB! the rifle.

I'm putting down people calling the AR-15 an assault rifle. No shootings have been done with an Assault Rifle. An assault rifle must be select fire. Semi, and automatic, sometimes burst if you're a weirdo. AR-15s are just semi-automatic rifles. That's it. They lack an auto sear pin, an auto sear, and fire controls for automatic fire. Hell, most of them come with half circle bolts making automatic fire even if they had a sear properly installed.

I can see why your not on /k/...

Legitimate question: how many of these mass shootings have featured AR-15s with these specific enhancements?

I'm not a gun guy myself but am generally pro-2A. I just want to arm myself with as much factual information as possible on this issue.

>remington 1100 shotgun
Dude what? You just pull the cap off and replace the rubber O-ring when it gets worn. It's piss easy and for an autoloading shotgun it's one of the most robust actions out there.

all semi auto rifles.
and I'd limit clip size to 3, with no detachable mags allowed.

My ruger precision rifle (bolt action) can accept 25 round ar 10 mags. You going to ban that too shitlib?

>all semi auto rifles.
Do you believe "assault rifles" should be legal to own?

>and I'd limit clip size to 3,
If you don't even know the correct terminology, how can you made an educated decision?

>and I'd limit clip size to 3 with no detachable mags allowed.
Why?

>Legitimate question: how many of these mass shootings have featured AR-15s with these specific enhancements?
>I'm not a gun guy myself but am generally pro-2A. I just want to arm myself with as much factual information as possible on this issue.

Like under 3%. We vastly need to control the saturday night special threat.

I fucked up, I meant the 740 and similar derivatives.

Yep. Used to be a gunsmith.

Idealy, yes.

>Like under 3%. We vastly need to control the saturday night special threat.
Then why are you banning it for people who've done nothing wrong?

>Idealy, yes.
Why?

Because if it only saves one life, it's worth it!

Ok. I see what you mean user and I agree.

Yeah but what I was saying is that the features you listed are inconsequential to the functionality of the rifle.

It seems to me that a semi auto deer rifle, missing all of those items would be able to carry out the same attack granted only two of the things that you want banned.

1. Detachable magazine
2. Standard capacity magazines

Yeah the gas system is inferior, but you only need like 100 rounds. No way the gun will burn out before that.

>Like under 3%. We vastly need to control the saturday night special threat.

>we only need to control the most common types used, stock ar's
>but never mind the fact that rifles make up a tiny fraction of gun deaths, that part doesn't matter
That logic tho

>Do you believe "assault rifles" should be legal to own?
course not
>If you don't even know the correct terminology, how can you made an educated decision?
I purposely said clip to get a reply, fool.
>Why?
It's obvious.

>Because if it only saves one life, it's worth it!
Using that justification they can and would ban everything.

Assault rifle = can shoot more than one round per trigger pull

>How do you define an "assault rifle"? What functional difference is there between an AR-15 and a deer hunting rifle?
Mostly ergonomics. And states like California will soon ban any semi automatic rifle, so yes many deer rifles will be banned

>Yeah the gas system is inferior, but you only need like 100 rounds. No way the gun will burn out before that.

See the bismuth plug idea.

Hey senpai, don't hate the player, hate the game. It'd make my current collection very, very valuable.

>Hey senpai, don't hate the player, hate the game. It'd make my current collection very, very valuable
Oh you turbo jew

>course not
Why not?

>I purposely said clip to get a reply, fool.
So you admit you're disingenuous?

>It's obvious.
I want to see the reasoning from the gungrabbers side. I want to see you justify it.

Lol if they ban ar 15s I'll just make them in my garage with my mini cnc machine and some 80% lowers. Can't ban a block of metal dipshits.

Same reason why the NFA fags throw millions of dollars a year at not opening the registry.

Hate the game, not the player.

fuck you, skin the player alive and fuck your game you stupid fucking shekel hoarding nigger scum

>Lol if they ban ar 15s I'll just make them in my garage with my mini cnc machine and some 80% lowers. Can't ban a block of metal dipshits.
And that's the problem that the gungrabbers never address.

They cannot ban firearms because there are still many people with the information, knowledge, skills and equipment to continue making firearms.

They'd have to turn the government into a tyrannical force that is exactly why the second amendment was written in the first place.

PSST
theflatspot.net/ar-15-receiver-flat.html

WAAAAAAAAA.

A musket was the period assault rifle of the day. Would you have banned that and kept us under the British Crown?

Seriously, go fuck yourself really really hard for forever and then die in a fire.

SHALL

I've never heard of this bismuth plug thing and I'm skeptical of it.

That aside, how could you justify all of these firearm regulations with a second amendment that clearly wanted the citizens to have the right to firearms in order to have the ability to revolt?

I'm not talking about the feasibility of revolt either, just that we are constitutionally weapons for one.

>Not making m1a1 scouts

i'm not even being edgy, you should be flayed you worthless nigger. I'd fucking gut you.

>springshit
Eww no.

I want one so fuggin bad.

Fight me irl faggot

NOT

If it's using an old receiver it's fine. But any of their new production shit, well, I'd trust a Norinco far more than one of those abominations.

Agreed, they also support unconstitutional gun laws in Illinois that limit the amount of firearms you can own and how many you can buy a year.

Let's not kid ourselves here. Any rifle that looks really cool and fun is an assault rifle.

Why do you right wingers get so caught up with the term assault rifle? It's like you think you're being cleaver or something. If it's really that difficult for you to understand why not just google "What is an assault rifle"?

AR platform is semi auto, meaning basically, you squeeze the trigger one, and ONE projectile is fired. Many rifles are bolt action, slower.

No one has even seen a picture of the gun you're literally just taking the media's word for it

It’s a scary military looking weapon that is light and easy to carry. That’s why they want it banned.

just take the guns away from all the niggers,kikes (and race traitors),and wops

You forgot to add Trumpsters to that list.

Anything with a sights over bore distance of over 1" .
Thank god you twats will have to spare the ranch rifles.
They are not assault weapons unless you are a gopher.

>Trumpsters
>registered democrats
Ftfy

Someone breaks in your house, you hear two people talking. They sound like meth heads. One says to the other, you take the gun, and I'll take the knife. If guns are banned or prohibited, guess what?
Your life is now literally rests solely on your phone. Your phone, it's battery, it's connection, and the police response time. Shit, that's if you make it to your phone and can blurt out your address before you get stabbed in the neck...

But guns are bad mmmmkay.

>Anything with a sights over bore distance of over 1" .
That's the most retarded definition. Literally "black gun" would have been better

Because an AR-15 doesn't fall under that definition.

In most countries assault weapons are synonymous with automatic/semi-automated weapons.

I think they want them banned because of the murder epidemic your country is going through.

Personally IDGAF, I'm glad America died. Your president is weak and your country is weak. You are finished. Keep your guns and keep killing yourselfves, lol.

glhf.

As a select fire intermediate cartridge rifle. ie: safe, single and burst/auto. They're all already regulated under the... NFA I believe.

THIS. they're all sheeple. Eating up whatever the media spoon feeds them or force feeds them.

Why are you right wingers so scared of everything? Should we all have nukes too just in case aliens come to steal our women for their vaginal yeast?

>Can someone who is unironically anti-gun answer this question for me?
Not likely on Sup Forums.

A term to use when trying to push anti-2A agenda.

>What functional difference is there between an AR-15 and a deer hunting rifle?
Depends on the deer hunting rifle. Assuming the deer hunting rifle is not a bolt action rifle the difference will be functionally very little.

>Would a theoretical assault rifle ban ban deer rifles?
Depends on the deer rifle. Ultimately, an assault rifle ban would only cover certain models. Some of those models might be used for deer hunting.

>If not, please explain how you would distinguish it from and AR-15?
There is very little functional difference between many deer hunting rifles and AR-15's. The decision would come down to whoever is put in charge of writing the ban.

>tfw because of based SCOTUS California can't actually ban or require registration of "assualt rifles," only certain accessories, so you can have a fully functional AR-15 and not register it by swapping the grip, stock, and flash suppressor

>equating a firearm with a nuke

Lol

>Should we all have nukes too
Yes

thats literally the thought process of every nuclear-equipped country, that as long as someone else has them, im keeping mine.

the better question is whats the difference between a cop and a civilian, and what makes one more qualified to defend themselves than the other?

Take guns away from pigs too.

>intentionally turn into UKv2
Lol no thanks

It's a pointless question OP, some faggot last night was trying to convince people that there aren't enough similarities between an M14, and an AR15 to justify this very argument.

In short, according to that faggot a semi-auto .223 is a hunting rifle, and not the killing machine that an AR15 is.

There is no difference. All should be banned.

An M14 is 7.62 though?

Assault rifles are Black.
Black is bad.

Y U SO TRIGGERED.

Interesting that the shills came screaming out to this bait thread.

SHALL

NOT

BE

INFRINGED

>7.62
I've always wondered if liberals even know about 7.62. They are always crying about 5.56, I can't imagine how bad they'd shit themselves if they knew the difference.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruger_Mini-14

An assault rifle is a rifle based on the premise of the efficacy of a robust cartridge applied to a tactical ergonomic platform designed for combat.

Kys

Bingo

There are plenty of liberals who own guns.

Not scared at all, desu. I'm armed and the cunts who cry about it aren't. They won't even volunteer to come take them.

>the mini14
>is the same as the M14
The mini is a semi automatic carbine in 5.56. The M14 is a full auto, (also includes civilian versions in semi made by anyone other than springfield) battle rifle that was used in Vietnam.

Lewis and Clark took semi auto s with them. If not they'd never make it

Apparently you are which is why you think you need an assault rife to protect your moms vagina.

>There's an app for that.

The United States is 3rd highest per capita for gun related deaths. If you filter out Chiraq, Detroit, D.C. and New Orleans the US goes to 4th from the bottom. The large majority 90%+/- are committed by black males with pistols. Those cities also have some of the strictest gun laws in the country. Which makes sense because if you look at the areas in the country that have the highest per capita number of people that own a concealed carry permit, those places are the safest with the lowest crime rates involving guns. Fuck you try and take my AR you'll regret it.

thefederalistpapers.org/founders/jefferson/thomas-jeffersons-assault-rifle-the-girardoni-air-rifle

Thank you

>plenty
I'm sure there are some, but it's a tiny fraction

>murder epidemic
Murder is lower than it has been since before WWI in the US. This is another media-induced panic that has nothing to do with reality.

M14 is a battle rifle, not an assault rifle.

>The United States is 3rd highest per capita for gun related deaths
>El Salvador
>Honduras
>Venezuala
>US Virgin Islands (hardly the USA)
>Jamaica
>Lesotho
learn2research

assault rifle is a technical term, a sub-category of machine guns

assaultrifles.org/

"assault weapons" is the political term

(doesn't matter now since MSM have driven the terminology into the ground i suppose)

You are sadly a retarded emotional faggot. Go ban cars sugar booze cigs and hospitals. Goddamn people like you are so fucking worthless.

You just can't ban assault rifles but still keep every other firearm. I get that Americans just want to avoid mass shootings, but the second amendment is unsustainable now.