ITT: Nicaragua

ITT: Nicaragua.
What should I look out for?
Tips?
Anything helps. Will be traveling sooner or later!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/mkuRqZ-SssI
phys.org/news/2016-05-lava-loving-tourists-flock-nicaragua-volcano.html
youtube.com/watch?v=ToQ8PWYnu04
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Someone getting some BIG

One of the most violent and dangerous places on Earth. You would honestly be safer in Afghanistan. Kidnapping whites is their main source of income. Hopefully you're not white.

I heard it's one of the more safer countries in Central America though...

bump

I have read about that...
It has a lower homocide rate than its neighboring central american countries. But, the rate is more than twice as high as the US.

bump

Nicaragua is a shithole. Here's a list worst to first of Central America
>Belize City
>Nicaragua
>Honduras
>Guatemala
>El Salvador
>Belize Cays
>Costa Rica
>Panama

elaborate more?

What do you want to know? In Nicaragua, specifically Managua Daniel Ortega has his Russian priorities straight. You will see buses with the "Nicaraguan Russian Friendship" logo on them and you'll see Russian Television instead of CNN International or BBC World.

Do it
youtu.be/mkuRqZ-SssI

Interesting... Nicaragua is basically Russia's bitch?

Pretty much, it falls in with Venezuela and Cuba. As for my earlier list
>niggers
>commies
>corrupt
>almost as nice as Mexico
>recovering nicely from civil war
>white people on vacation
>high education, taking white people on vacation's money
>There is a Trump tower here

Watch out for the CIA and their arms dealings.

Cute mestiza teens with big tits

damn.
Any good places to visit in managua though?

Stick to the touristy parts of the big cities, do not leave the city for any reason and for the love of christ don't dress in expensive clothes.
If you look like a mark, you ARE a mark, and it's not a matter of IF but WHEN you get kidnapped and held for ransom.

Not that I know of. There's a big volcano that probably has hiking trails and stuff like that, but the city is garbage.
phys.org/news/2016-05-lava-loving-tourists-flock-nicaragua-volcano.html
Other than that it's tin huts and poor people.

Safe for CA doesn't mean safe in general. It's just not as bad as Guatemala or the cartel territories in Mexico. That's a very low bar to set. There will always be worse places to go like Venezuela, Columbia, etc. But it's still not safe in Nicaragua.

You'll get mugged, kidnapped for ransom happens in Africa and movies my good man.

Believe it or not Guatemala is pretty safe compared to Nicaragua and Honduras. Those are the two most dangerous countries to walk around in in Central America.

>Columbia
I thought that was pretty safe these days, my brother went and didn't have any problems at all

Colombia is a safe place to visit. I wouldn't think twice before going there on vacation.

Interesting... Thanks for the info.
Traveling in groups = safer?

For sure. I've walked out to visit a restaurant in a group of 3-4 and felt fine. I'm not actually from here, just here for the night. I wouldn't want to walk by myself after dark, though.

Well, I've heard that nicaraguans make Mexicans look civilized. Can confirm?

Sort of. I'd feel comfortable walking Mexican streets alone at night, but I'd worry about getting mugged here. You can still get mugged in Mexico, but believe it or not, it's pretty damned civilized there.

It's much harder to kidnap someone in a large group. A lot of kidnappers target people in bars and clubs by slipping drugs like scopolamine into their drinks. Just be very careful about what you drink and where you go. Don't be vulnerable and drunk somewhere without friends to watch your back.

youtube.com/watch?v=ToQ8PWYnu04

speaking of drinks, the tap water is tainted there?
... wow

Don't drink tap water in any third world country, it's just not worth it

just an fyi to all of you, I've never been to central America before. Apologies for the stupid fucking questions.
>inb4 burger hasn't been out of country before: i've been to europe.

Australia included
>Got the green shits for two days after drinking tapwater there.

You said you were staying only for a night? Where are you from?

Just here for an overnight user. I'm from the US.