Did the US lose a lot of battles in Vietnam militarily?

I had a friend who studied Vietnam and he said the military aspect of US's entry was heavily propagandized, and they in fact were inadequate and poorly trained and lost a lot of battles like Khe Sanh and Xy Cam My. He said the US would have a bunch of operations in Vietnam like lifting some food aid to the South Vietnamese or capturing empty observation bases in the jungle and call it a success, which added up and made the whole campaign look like a bunch of operational successes.

Amerimongrels can't fight.

We won every major battle.

>they in fact were inadequate and poorly trained

You get that with a draftee army. They got better tho.

>lost a lot of battles like Khe Sanh and Xy Cam My

We won both of those.

America didn't lose. It was betrayed. When we pulled out the VC was destroyed and the NVA crippled. Democrats in Congress cut funding to the South, which allowed to North to rearm and run all over them. I mean, the war was a pointless waste of lives, but that was such an act of betrayal I simply can't forgive them for it.

Depends on how you define win and lose?

One could say the North Vietnamese/VC won almost everything because at the end of the day they held the territory. One could also say that the US won every battle because they technically outfought the Communist forces at every turn and inflicted far more casualties.

Both are technically true. It's all about perspective.

(((((((((Rules of engagement))))))))) prevented America from truly dominating north Vietnam

>lost battles like Khe Sanh and Xy Cam My
How about you look up the situations of both of those and understand what a total clusterfuck they were.

this. although Vietnam is developing while the US is in decadance

shit goes downhill when you start filling up your military with a bunch of hippies who didn't want to be drafted and wanted to get fucked up instead

Ken burns Vietnam, watch it

>butthurt by anus-raping charlie
Fight like a mongrel, die like a mongrel

>The Battle of Xa Cam My was fought over two days from April 11–12, 1966, 10 miles (16 km) south of the village of Cam My in Phuoc Tuy Province, during the Vietnam War.[1] Originally planned as a U.S. search and destroy mission intended to lure out the "crack" Viet Cong D800 Battalion, Charlie Company, US 2/16th Infantry Battalion soon found itself fighting for survival in the rubber plantations of Cam My village, approximately 42 miles (68 km) east of Saigon. During this battle 134 men of Charlie Company, 2nd Battalion, 16th Infantry, 1st Infantry Division were ambushed by the Viet Cong and 80 percent became casualties.
>80% of US forces became casualties

To the Viet Cong. Not even the regular NVA force. That's a loss no matter how you look at it

Burgers make shit soldiers, generally

>a fucking company
Dude

>amerimongrels
Great post my cultured Europal friend!

If america had just gone on dropping nukes on commies after the japs, the world would be a much better place.

Who gives a fuck what happened in vietnam, we either would have "won" and slaughtered a few hundred thousand more north viets so that they could be a third iteration of japan/south korea, or "lost" and vietnam is a retarded one party communist country of complete irrelivance.

The soldiers won, the politicians lost. The goal was to prevent the spread of communism in southeast asia. That ultimately failed. Militarily the US kicked ass up and down Vietnam. However, South Vietnam was politically a clusterfuck of corruption and unpopularity and the North Vietnamese were simply harder in spirit and more dedicated than the South Vietnamese.

can someone tell me the name of this meme please

In all fairness being ambushed and outnumbered 4 to 1 with only minimal support until the next day is a steep situation for any infantry unit regardless of training. D800 was well equipped on par with the NVA.

>One could also say that the US won every battle because they technically outfought the Communist forces at every turn and inflicted far more casualties.
So did the Germans won on the Eastern front during ww2? Do the raped Berlin citizens feel themself victorious?

US had tasks:
1. Do not allow NV to occupy SV.
2. Kick out the communists out of Vietnam.

Both tasks were not accomplished.

Or may be they had task to kill as many Vietnamese civilians as possible?

Shouldn't you be at mosque?

We kicked the shit out of them but to their credit they kept on fighting and we got tired of the war

Yes, I totally agree. I wasn't talking about strategic goals, but rather the results of tactical operations/battles individually, as the OP was referring to. Nobody can say that the US strategy in Vietnam was anything but an utter failure.

>Did the US lose a lot of battles in Vietnam militarily?
no

Our special forces were unmatched. I think we only lost 3-4 guys for every 100 gooks we downed.

No, the only reason we lost that conflict was because we could go all-out total war with the for fear of pissing off China and potentially getting into a nuclear exchange with the Soviet Union

t. Merican brainlet

>America didn't loose
>Our enemys were crippled
>democratic Dolchstoß

Yes, you did loose. Being unwilling to continue the fight equals a loss. And if the Viets were so ruined when you pulled out, how could they easily overcome your allies?
The peace treaty was an attempt to save face.

No. US absolutely demolished the NVA.
The Tet Offensive was a catastrophic failure that left the NVA close to entire collapse. We withdrew and perceived Tet as a loss because of leftist fake news.

Are you fucking illiterate? Find a military battle we lost.