What does the US do differently?

Alright, Sup Forums. Since the US is the only civilized country where school shootings happen this often (even though the number 18 is quite misleading), how do you think it can be prevented?

What does the US do differently?

Answers: Gun laws and healthcare. Why not make it more difficult to buy guns? Why not make a psychiatrist accessible without money needed?

I'm swiss and I'm asking out of curiosity. This isn't meant as an insult but everyone here is just baffled that you can't get this shit fixed. And that opinion isn't much different in other countries. It's also surprising that there are people who want the teachers armed and so on. No other country needs this. Obviously this can't be the answer.

Russia has had AK-47 wielding armed security at all their schools since 96.

Take notes.

thanks asshole now I have a mental image of Snoopy reenacting the Somme in his own mind as he unloads a Lewis gun into Charlie Brown's classroom

why couldnt anyone kill the las vegas shooter, there must certainly have been armed civilians considering there were thousands present

You’re right leaf. Why couldn’t the drunk rednecks armed with handguns take out the man hundreds of yards away 20 floors up in a hotel window? Maybe Vegas didn’t comp their ammo that night.

I didn't know that. But come on, this isn't the case in the whole EU and besides the few in germany we haven't got those shootings. Shouldn't you try to eliminate the cause for needing an armed security guard at a school before you install one?

Easy.
Jews, blacks, latinos, Indians, Asians were NEVER the militia so it is illegal for them to own fire arms. Ban them then 90% of gun crimes would cease.

monitor those on psychoactive drugs like we monitor criminals. We didn't have mass shootings from people with mental disabilities until drugs were introduced.

ban people.. the only thing that will be 100% effective.

>Why not make a psychiatrist accessible without money needed
will you work for free?

Because at an intellectual level American conservatives have lost faith with the higher institutions. We simply do not trust in our corporations, universities, or government to be faithful defenders of our liberty. We instead see ANTIFA, Post Modernists, and the identity politics of the Democratic party infest the hierarchy or power in our nation.

And it is a hierarchy of power. American conservatives have accepted the post modernist dogma of power hierarchy and layers of oppression. Our solution? Guns.

When these monsters come for us, and they will, we will be armed. And we will kill them. All of them.

Not for free lmao I'm corrently living in Portugal and most high schools here have a psychologist paid by the school/government itself

It's not much more difficult to buy guns in Switzerland. You can buy bolt actions and shotguns with a simple background check, just like in the US, for semi-autos and handguns you've got to ask your canton for an authorization by filling out a form with your name and adress, and wait a few days.
Wow that was hard.
How come Switzerland doesn't have mass shootings?

In Austria you can buy bolt action guns and shotguns without a license as well, how come they don't have mass shootings?

In France we can buy modern black powder reproduction guns and most guns that were designed before 1900 without a license or background check, no registration either. Why wasn't there a single murder comitted with those guns?
Up to 1995, we could buy AR15's and pump action shotguns in supermarkets, why didn't we have mass shootings back then?

Oh yeah, because there is no correlation between the availability/number of guns in a country and the gun crime rate.

So what makes the difference between a bullied US kid and a bullied yuropeon kid? Is there a cultural difference? Probably not, as we have all been americanized and are exposed to the same American media Americans themselves are.
There is something else, and my guess is that the kikes keep putting up a false flag every few months until they manage to get what they want : more control on the population.

Because continental Europe does not have this evil gender marxism creating a generation of dislocated and resentful men. This is thus far an evil perpetuated upon the Anglosphere by the marxist left.

For now. They are following dogmas issued by French Intellectuals though, so you are fucking next Frog.

Societal trust.
As diversity increases social trust falls like a stone.
You'll notice places like Brazil have these crimes as well, but the US is extra fucked because they have Jews as well who always try to reduce and even destroy all morality within the nation.

/thread

Right. You have bombings at Concerts and Hand Grenade attacks in Sweeden and Trucks running you over all the time.

Once upon a time there were state funded psychiatric hospital, and then the government decided to close down most of them. This is where most of our problems with mass shootings come from and crazies going around killing people.

paid by the government and taxes,of course, funny guy. we have guys at every school you can turn to, when you have problems, and they are already paid for.

gonna be difficult when you all get shot by a crazy guy at school lol

exactly, the gun laws aren't THAT different here. so what is the other thing we do differently? we can turn to therapists without having to go bankrupt.

yeah so this only affected the US? you must be some weak people lol

Yes, more tyranny to further reduce social trust is definitely the best course of action, not like you are oppressed in your own nation already.

we have an 30% immigrant quote here in switzerland and nobody is shooting up schools.

entirely different issue, try again.

how is preventing crazy guys from getting stuff making them more crazy tyranny?

How large of an % of those are Europeans?

How do you know they are crazy?
Based on heresay?
Do you force people into being "tested" by (((professionals)))?

over 80%. however I assure you, there are quite enough immigrants from regions (serbia, kosovo, and so on) that would be good projections for your bad stereotypes.

gee, i don't know, maybe if they turn to therapists because they keep slicing their wrists or are taking medication already.

This is the price of freedom?

But seriously. The American Right is already preparing for the second civil war. We have lost all faith in our public institutions. They have been taken over marxist leftists who now have the audacity to try and weaponize our children against us.

They will pry our guns from our cold dead hands.

End multiculturalism, make freedom of association legal.
Imagine I'm a White billionaire, and it's legal for me to find White kids who need surgery to survive and help them...then those kids go on to be doctors, scientists, carpenters, mechanics, architects, etc.

so you wouldn't change a thing and let this keep happening? do I understand you correctly?

also, do you think the public institutions just popped into existence? why are they there? if you refer to them being controlled by lobbyists, hm, i wonder who is against laws that prevent those from getting power...

This.

Guess who really agitated to have those mental hospitals closed down? (Because of course they infringed on the liberties of mentally ill people who were put away without their consent by their families because they were fucking crazy...)

Liberals, of course.

Sure, keeping guns out of the hands of crazy people would be great. I would personally support closing the loop holes and improving background checks.

But I do not trust the people pushing this agenda. They are backed by murderous ideologies rooted in Marxism. Social justice warriors, Black Liberationists, third wave feminists.

The massive mistake of the Left is the assumption that conservatives (and gun owners) are stupid. We are not Stupid. We know what is going on. We know the issues. The thing is though that we are more afraid of the tyrannical left then we are of mass shootings.

Our Guns are the ultimate equalizer. Especially in a society that seems hell bent on replacing us. This is the land our forbears conquered and we will not surrender it. The Left has given every indication they intend to take it from us. And so we must be ready for war. And war requires guns.

>Once upon a time there were state funded psychiatric hospital
yeah and they got shut down for abuse. People being detained for profit.

>paid by the government and taxes,of course, funny guy
so I'm required by the government to see a head doctor and the bill is picked up by government.. gee I hope he doesn't charge $34k per visit. Or.... I really hope Obama isn't in charge of handing out Head Dr. permits who can just deny everyone the right to own guns.

Ehh not really, it just proves people will kill without guns or not. How many people get shanked in the uk ? No matter what we do, some crazy bastard will always end up killing someone.

neet! get back to us in 40 years and we'll compare again.

I'm not surrendering my firearms no matter how many school shootings happen. The answer to school shootings is uniform armed guards and select CCW teachers, not setting the Constitution on fire.

>Since the US is the only civilized country

stopped reading there, we can let this thread die now

>so you wouldn't change a thing and let this keep happening? do I understand you correctly?
explain how its worse than the 4k+ kids killed in auto crashes? a dead kid is a dead kid, should be equally important.

But they don't do that, those are not the shooters fuckface.

Ok so you have 10% diversity, definitely a problem that will escalate over the next decade or so, you may not have school shootings yet, but you will.

nigga, how is monitoring people prescribed with psychoactive drugs tyranny that further reduces social distrust? If there's a direct correlation, it must be monitored.

what you going to do? follow them around all day and have spook vans hacking their phones?

That's impossible to enforce. 1 in 6 americans suffer a mental episode every 6 months according to the CDC. Just monitor those who are prescribed the drugs...It seems there's a direct correlation to taking psychoactive drugs and mass shootings, although it seems to be suppressed.

>we
get lost memeflaggot

not really, both involve deranged lunatics with access to the means of mass slaughter, maybe you should clean up your own backyard before you criticize another.
the only countries that really have the right to criticize are us Aussie's and the Kiwi's, and even then we still have our own problems that take away this right.
In my opinion, the only solution to all these problems has been, and always will be, education but that's just my two cents.

Could use a diabetic like medicinal device which monitors blood, provides doses as needed, and reports location to authorities.

Or a fit bit like device, I don't fucking know. One that monitors their location, is informed of their known travel routes and alerts those in need of abnormal changes in routine.

The same way we protect anything of value: walls and armed guards.

I was talking with my dad today and if they started to set laws to regulate guns people would start to stockpile guns, its just how the culture is down there, so really high schools just need to be trained how to use guns just like any other class and have then on them at all times
just like nukes if they all have a deadly weapon then no one will use it

Sure, only because guns are readily available in American society.

Oddly enough, I think there are a bunch of left wingers here in this thread (which is good). This is something that needs be said, and something that needs to be gotten across the political divide.

There is deep fear, and deep disgust driving the American Right Wing now. and I mean that in the clinical sense. The disgust stems from the imposition of a mass migration of foreigners and a determination to redifine immutable biological concepts like sexual gender. There is also a determined effort to take a hammer to the religious substructure.

This has led to a massive population of Americans who feel they are under unrelenting ideological, religious, and social attack by elements they find absolutely abhorrent and disgusting.

Left Wingers disagree with the disgust element as a matter of course, and view the right wing reaction as misguided, uneducated, and based on evil. So they employ the power of the State to reeducate the right wingers children in the public schools, subvert their voice in the Academy at the university level, and outlaw their opinions in Government.

This action has been wildly successful in the UK and Canada, and the Efforts are now being applied to America. And we will not stand for it. We do not trust the institutions the Left has subverted to their purposes to offer redress.

We cannot even peaceably protest anymore. To let our grievances be heard, without being shouted down as racists, misogynists, transphobes, etcetera. We have no PEACEFUL outlet left to us. So we must prepare for violence.

And violence requires guns. And if speech is violence, then we may as well bring guns to the debate.

>Alright, Sup Forums. Since the US is the only civilized country where school shootings happen this often (even though the number 18 is quite misleading), how do you think it can be prevented?
>What does the US do differently?

nothing. its insignificant.

>Answers: Gun laws and healthcare. Why not make it more difficult to buy guns?
that's illegal
>Why not make a psychiatrist accessible without money needed?
that would be an enormous soft power bubble. they would mandate cathedral thinking and call it 'helping'.
psychiatry is just too dependant on discretion to ever be effectively regulated. can't be done

>I'm swiss and I'm asking out of curiosity. This isn't meant as an insult but everyone here is just baffled that you can't get this shit fixed. And that opinion isn't much different in other countries. It's also surprising that there are people who want the teachers armed and so on. No other country needs this. Obviously this can't be the answer.

all that happened is that it happened once and now its a meme. eliminating gun-free zones is the best option, they just attract suicide shooters looking for a body count. eliminating the public school mandate is a great option, but less realistic. if you start gun control, then the standard for being safe is lowered to that of those who are willing to do 30 years.

school shootings are not a statistically significant concern, its cathedral media hype and virtue signaling

uhm yeah but the reason they are deranged lunatics is entirely different.
also, i can critisize whatever the fuck I want. it's you who shouldn't make this a personal issue of "b-but you're also not as cool as you think!"
did you go to the logical fallacies school?

Do you know how South Africans deal with the daily threat of violent crime?

We arm ourselves. We form neighborhood watches and community organizations. We remain in a state of permanent alertness.

Vigilance is the price of peace. It's the same for American shooting issues. Be prepared and you will not be a victim. The problem is beyond fixing at this point

uhm yeah, glad you figured it all out. i'm definitely trying to install a sjw-dictatorship in switzerland here, too.
is this how you see the world? anyone with another opinion has an ulterior motive?

no, you aren' required to see one. you can, if you need help with problems. and if someone has anger issues and is suicidal, it might be a good idea to deny them guns.
but whatever, i'm sure you're more competent to judge who should have the right to buy guns (EVERYONE) than professionals.

uhm no, we are talking about school shootings, not the entirety of murders with a weapon.

like I couldn't take those guards out from a distance. also good luck relying on teachers to be fucking badass heroes who take down someone who shoots at everything that moves.

well for example, no one else has this much dead kids from being shot.

alright mr. oracle. i'll think about your prophecy lul

the school shooters already plan to die, though. they won't be stopped when more people have guns. also, if you open fire at 20 people with guns, they are most likely already dead before they can fire back.

well maybe not everyone wants to just treat the symptom, m8.

it's not statistically insignificant if you're world leader by a wide margin.

No but I guess I can't teach the stupid out of you, your relying to every other fucking post in the thread with your dumb ass logic go take a hike in the woods and don't turn back

Not at all, but Switzerland has not experienced the evil that is the Left as it is incarnated in the Anglo countries.

My gun is a hunting rifle that has, for the last 4 years or so, sat pretty much unused except for a few weeks in the fall, in my closet.

Unfortunately, the left has gone insane in the Anglo countries, and I mean that literally. I, as a white male, am no longer welcome in their societies, organizations, or official organizations. In fact last year I was told to my face I needed to accept that it was necessary for more diverse individuals to be brought in.

That was my redpill moment.

It got worse from there of course. I was a Student at William and Mary College, so I had a front row seat to watching the SJW deface the statue of Thomas Jefferson (he was an evil slave owner you see) and try and hold the President of the College hostage in his own office (he refused to give them safe spaces).

Now, could I say something about this publicly? Of fucking course not. To stick my head above the parapet would have invited damnation. And suddenly my hunting rifle became way more then a tool for my passing hobby to shoot deer.

It became a tool to keep the creeping chaos outside my door. I am a Liberal. But I am not a Leftist. And my Gun is the equalizer in this debate the far left stupidly assumes is one sided.

And I will not surrender it.

every teacher should have MG42 behind the desk. He could spray out whole class if there would be suspicion of mass shooting.

Fight the fire with fire, and mass shootings with mass shootings.

>detained by profit
No that's the prison system mate, not the psych system. JFK was talking about fixing the psych system back in the 60's but no US government has ever tried to fix it since. There are for-profit prisons in the US, not for-profit psych wards.

>Hurr Durrr you guys have actual terrorism on your shores its totally the same as our own children killing each other because they go nuts.

This shit is why the Mutt meme is so prevalent. Your false equivalence argument undercuts your point and makes you look retarded. Which given you're from the States might be true.

uhm okay. what would you do if the left was supported by the majority of the country, however? if you would fight against people with guns in a democracy, that would just make you a terrorist.

by the way, why do you talk so dramatic?

>Deep fear in the American Right
You control every form of federal government. Why are you fearing the people you voted and wanted to take control. Obama's not coming back, Hillary can't run again, and Bernie is 2 years away from even having a chance. You won and you're still afraid? Social movement is one thing, but you're afraid of people who have no power in real terms.

If that post is even remotely true then that's why you guys keep shooting shit up. You're afraid of the world, despite claiming to be best, you're afraid that you're not and it's eating you up from the inside. Mentally damaged people shouldn't have guns, and your post proves the US isn't mature enough to handle guns with any frequency.

nuh-uuh you're the stupid one xDDDDDDDDDD

>Meme flag and doesn't back up points.

Get the fuck out LARPer

By population, norway has far more deaths from shootings than the US.

Yes, it does, do the math.

Did I melt your brain cuck?

Americans have no sense as to what actually needs drama. I think it's from their lack of actual epic history. They just don't know what to put the emphasis on.

There's been 3 responses to your post. We've moved on from your failures.

nope. norway 1.75 per 100k, USA 10.54.

>Teachers are now expected to murder the children they teach if/when they go crazy
Yeah, try convincing the left leaning profession to not only like guns, but to have one loaded at their desk all the time. Oh and what if a student steals the weapon? Your plan is full of holes.

This is why conservatives are unironically as bad as libtards. Total lack of calacity to compromise openly with dialogue. Instantly it's "YOU WON'T TAKE MY GUNS LALALA I WILL SHOOT YOU DEAD". Brilliant. Fucking so helpful, constructive, and well thought out. Ignorant, the lot of you.

Capacity*

This is a Burger with a cogent thought. You're not a mutt, thank you for your actual point, do you think that compromise is possible in the near (10 years or so) future? After all these shootings keep happening.

yeah because fuck freedom. lets go full 1984.

>Being this retarded.

or.. someone is angry as fuck but since they don't want to lose their gun they refuse to seek medical help. which is most likely?

>well for example, no one else has this much dead kids from being shot.
nobody? i doubt it. I find it hard to believe we are worse than most Muslim nations.

fuck... you may be right, but we have to start somewhere, beside, if you will steal one machine gun, there are other teachers waiting with bulletstorm outside the class on the corridor. So good luck with killing the classrom, when you will be dead right away you will walk out the door.

I'd rather not be disarmed especially since we're well on our way to be brazil/mexico 2.0 and we all know how well their gun ban worked out. School shootings are a very recent phenomenon and some of the more observable things about the shooters is that they are usually on some type of psychotropic drugs or from a broken home. Like were mass shootings ever this bad in the 50's? Our culture has turned into absolute poison and their is no real remedy. Gun grabbing won't work, Fining won't work, nothing will their has to be a major happening and an aftermath that people will feel truly self amongst their own that they will willingly disarm for their greater good but that is still wishful thinking.

I was here when they closed them. Where you?

On the off chance this isn’t a medpack troll thread, there is no correlation between gun control and gun crime anywhere in the world. You know this, everyone knows this.

this fucking paranoia. you realize you live in a democracy and not an anarchic wasteland where some tyrannic ruler could rise up at any moment, right? you have so many restrictions and checks and balances that it's nearly impossible to even do meaningful stuff without like 3/4 of the country backing you up.

Shut up, you don't have to deal with niggers and mexicans

as long as the muslims are worse, you're okay, huh? wow.

bin that knife
kek

we have muslims, blacks and refugees. there are schools where swiss are the absolute minority. however, no one shoots up the schools.

don't reply to these retards

le 56%

the guy doesn't fucking care. he plans to die anyway. if he can open fire on 10 people he has already achieved what he wanted.