At this time about 15 years ago, Princess Tutu aired in Japan

At this time about 15 years ago, Princess Tutu aired in Japan.
It's time for a thread to remember this great piece of work.

Has this anime withstood the test of time?
Have you went to those ballet classes yet?
Why is this series so good?
Princess Tutu thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

bakabt.me/torrent/143585/princess-tutu-konzert-collection
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>15 years since airing
>only got the OST now

I could have just searched the stuff on youtube, but still.

>no one remembers tutu

Oh well. I tried.

How about that. I was actually planning on rewatching it. I enjoyed Princess Tutu immensely when I first watched it. It took a little bit to finally get going, but when it did it was magical. I liked it for its fairy tale vibe. Characters I did not care for initially started growing on me. I especially liked the woman reading a story at the beginning of each episode. It loosely reminded me of the narration from one of my favorite video games, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles.
They felt similar to me because of how they set the tone and overall events to follow.

>Why is this series so good?

Because it's fucking MANLY

also DAT:
>animation
>music
>characters
>story
>artstyle
>direction

Instant masterpiso

good show, got me into ballet. covered in tchaikovsky which is nice. ahiru is pretty cute. had a pretty unique story. too bad the first few episodes suck dick keeps people from watching it.

My favourite episode.

Also I still firmly believe that Princess Tutu would be the only magical girl capable of saving the girls in witch form in Madoka. Just imagine her consoling Sayaka helping her to find the source of the pain in her heart and remove it, could have been fucking great.

>It took a little bit to finally get going
>too bad the first few episodes suck dick keeps people from watching it

This. I also remember not liking Fakir's character.
Even though the first few episodes weren't the greatest, I still couldn't help but watch. And then Fakir ended up being best boy.

bump

In case someone wants it
bakabt.me/torrent/143585/princess-tutu-konzert-collection

Comes with a bunch of extras too.

Favorite scene is Tutu flying out of the grave to Fakir. Very moving.
I remember liking Fakir since the beginning, and him growing as a character made him even better.

Is that concept art there?

Why do I find Ahiru's nasally voice so cute? What's wrong with me?

dat cloaca

>Have you went
I wish I could wipe your kind out of the Earth.

>I remember liking Fakir since the beginning
I found him a bit clingy and moody, I'm not a fan of those types. So I love how well they built his character. I actually almost dropped the show due to him. I was young and dumb back then.

I think so. It's a booklet included with the limited edition OST release, so I assume it is.

This anime is unironically one of my favorites of all time.

>bakabt
FUCK YOU

This show was great. Has it really been 15 years? Fuck, I'm old now.

I just want another anime. Please.

I'm always sad to remember Tutu is not that popular

I thought this was going to be some girly moe shit at first. And than I watched it.

What got me the most was that the whole series was like one giant ballet. Many scenes literally had spotlights come down out of the sky just to highlight characters as they talk. The music fit perfectly and the story was full of substance, conflict, love, and tragedy.

8/10

Did enjoy.

Princess Tutu actually has some pretty twisted elements you wouldn't expect. Like how Drosselmeyer got his hands chopped off but he wrote a story in his own blood that granted him immortality. That's hardcore man

There's some. Like on the DVD. The model sheets are out there too.