Requiem of Haruhi Suzumiya

The series is dead isn't it?

For LN fans, we'll never get the resolution of:
- Kyon's true name
- Old Mikuru's shady shenanigans
- Sasaki best girl would never be voiced/animated
- The true nature of Haruhi's power
- The meaning of Yuki's poem
- Who'll win in the intergalactic battles between the Data Overmind and Sky Canopy
etc. etc.

What a shame. I bet a lot of newfags don't even read the LN these days

We will never find out if Tsuraya was a Human Interface or not.

That's just a meme. DELET this.

Anyway it is truly a shame, because despite the writers block all the LNs are really well written unique sci-fi/SOL hybrid, and certainly beats out garbage waifubait LNs these days like Sword Art or Doragon Maid

>- Old Mikuru's shady shenanigans
already solved in Surprise, although they could add more to it

>- The meaning of Yuki's poem
I thought it was a metaphor for her situation with the Data Entity and the SOS Brigade

>- Who'll win in the intergalactic battles between the Data Overmind and Sky Canopy
It'd be more of a discussion than a battle but it's a shame

It's so weird looking back, and remembering that a decade ago this was one of the largest franchises with international recognition and a borderline mainstream level of popularity even outside of Japan, and how it basically killed itself simply because the author hasn't written anything in ages.

> The Surprise of Haruhi Suzumiya (Second Half)
> 2011
Really sad.

Tsuruya was a maho shoujo.

Tsuruya was the protagonist of an untold story that happened to take place in the haruhi universe. So yes, it's not out of the question for her to be one.

She's the only character with non-natural hair colour who isn't explicitly an Interface. There's definitely something more to her.

>all that time, effort and neurones wasted in Haruhism

This and Magic the Gathering cards are a dark passage in my life. Wish I could kick my younger self in the head for getting into this
regretful slippery slope.

>not having a balanced lifestyle
pity

What if i read the manga but not the LN

I report you for being underage.

Smoked cheese sorcerer

>already solved in Surprise, although they could add more to it
Actually Surprise just dug in deeper into her shady shenanigans, with how she mindfucked Fujiwara the designated villain so badly

>Fujiwara reveals that he is doing it so that he could reunite with her, as his older sister. Asahina (big) states that she does not have a younger brother, but implied in Fujiwara's timeline, there was another version of her, which Fujiwara seems to have "lost".

That is clearly not how biology work. Fujiwara is either her biological brother or not. Even in different timeline, it is not possible for 2 people to be brother sister in one timeline and not brother sister in other timeline.

Among the SOS dan, Mikuru's faction is the shadiest and the whole Surprise shenanigans happened because time travel fuckery

I learnt my lesson, user.

>how it basically killed itself simply because the author hasn't written anything in ages
This is due to Japan's dumb backwards anime industry. They have more than enough material to animate, or even make a couple high budget movie from, and rack in tons of money at the height of Haruhism.

Instead they're very shortsighted, "anime and movies exist so people buy more LNs, and we'll make money off LNs model." I love books, but the marginal profit from books for publishers is negligible compared to well franchised TV show and movies.

Yeah I still can't believe they didn't at least do one more theatrical release after how huge Disappearance was; Haruhism seemed like it was about to hit another high like it did when season 1 came out, but then they didn't follow up on things and it slowly faded. Real shame honestly, it was a fun franchise and they could have made enormous bank if they'd just kept the hype up a bit longer. Even so, at this point they'd still have hit the wall of no new material to adapt.

There was a glimmer of hope when out of nothing they animated the Disappearance of Yuki-chan. But then it fizzles back into obscurity.

If the animated TV/movie caught up to the books, at least it would make the author more motivated to write and finish his next book. The royalty incentive certainly helps, unlike how it pans out today that Haruhi author is having an unending writer's block and nobody to push him off his cozy life

He's gonna be rich forever too. With the whole Haruhi book being put into schools as reading lessons he's gonna get a fuckton more money.

Maybe that'll somehow finally give him the impetus to fucking write more holy shit it's been over 6 years now

>Even so, at this point they'd still have hit the wall of no new material to adapt.
There's a little more than 2 seasons of material that's unadapted so they're definitely not strapped for things to adapt.

I meant in the sense of, if they had continued to adapt things at a steady pace after Disappearance, by this point they'd certainly have run out of adaptable material.

Oh, yeah that makes sense. If they had gone for the standard season every 3 years they'd have run out in 2015.

I thought the author was a woman?

Illustrator is a woman. Author is a dude.

Getting rich from anime royalties is why he stopped in the first place. Why continue working when you have money?

The title of the series is wrong. Haruhi isn't experiencing melancholy. She's experiencing ennui.

She's melancholic about the prospect of experiencing ennui for the rest of her life.