Fist Of The North Star Thread

Just finished the first and second series of this, what does Sup Forums think of it? I liked it but fuck it got repetitive in places.

>Everyone is in love with Yuria
>Surprise relatives constantly
>KEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gFq0oiRZRbs
nyaa.si/view/841655
desuarchive.org/a/thread/157059300/#q157070107
youtube.com/watch?v=212ZIc7cNxU&list=PLA6EC39E975F3D1EE
youtube.com/watch?v=ZrNjvAhsJvQ
thepiratebay.org/torrent/15600585/FIST_of_the_NORTH_STAR_(Hokuto_no_Ken)__COMPLETE_1984-2015_Pack
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Should have just read the manga while listening to the show OST. The new country with Kaioh and shit was pretty bad, but I liked the arc with the King and his 3 sons. And yeah, the entire series is pretty much
>muh Yuria

Is there anything that the anime left out I can go back and read?

The manga doesn't end with Kaioh, it has more stuff afterward (all filler-ish though, no new big arc).

How's the second series compare with the first?

It has a shittier theme song.

I agree with you but I still love it. I tried watching the later OVAs and everything about them feels off.

>Have so much muscular power to easily destroy buildings, trains, giant rocks and whatever bare handed.
>Poke the opponent 10000 times to make him explode.
Is the hokuto martial art the most retarded thing ever happened in a manga?

It wasn't as cool as the nanto martial arts, that's for sure.

youtube.com/watch?v=gFq0oiRZRbs

I refuse to acknowledge post-Raoh as legitimate stuff, Hokuto no Ken ended when Ken beats Raoh that's it none of this Ashura or Kaioh retcon bullshit

though the manga is very flawed it's still my god damn favorite of all time

Toki with white hair as a kid really triggered me.

Is that in the anime? I've only ever read the manga.
Anyway - if so, is that something decided upon by the writers, or is that anime-specific coloration?

>when ken beat raoh
it honestly looks like he let him beat him but not that ken wouldnt have won anyway.
>Ashura or Kaioh retcon bullshit
then I don't need to bother with part 2?
don't forget the five chariot arc, almost everything after ryuuga killed all hype for ken vs raoh, fudo kind of makes up for it but good god the pay off was not enough.

and to add as I was watching this. I had new found level of respect and love for jojo part 1.

oh and I thought the second opening was hype as fuck for the ken vs raoh fight and then the 5 chariot arc happened.

He was shown like that in the anime in the Asura arc.
I've only read the manga after the Kaioh arc so I don't know how he was portrayed when him and Raoh escaped the island.

5 chariots at least had Juza. But yeah, it was really boring.

I was liking juza and then fucking yuria came, I mean I like her that she promised her whole entire being to one man. but good god I think mamiya was better most of the time

I came to hate Yuria when it was revealed she survived her attempted suicide. At least they redeemed based Shin.
Also, be honest, tears were surely shed in this scene.

yes they were and for shu I was legit surprised by so many emotions I was feeling. I thought souther got off easy, the author went through all this trouble to really hate souther(children slaves! what about adults? nope has t be children slaves) and then that happened but its a common theme.

I hated yuria when she sent her half brother to die for her, like you attempted suicide like 3 parts ago. but that scene where she said shes gonna wait for ken made me lose my edge towards her.

Unironically one of my top ten favorite anime ever. Somehow it just works.

True, but they were manly tears.

There's no deaths more awesome than the ones in Hokuto no Ken. Rei, Shuu, Raoh, Toki... god's, "of this life I have no regrets".

And there's that panel when Ken is going against Raoh with the images of everyone behind him in the sky. Hell, dude.

THEY は SHOCK

rip in piece the various staff/seiyuu over the years

would you like a remake of fotns but
>take out like the first 15 episodes
>back story on shin, ken, and yuria
>take out fucking jag ior actually make him competent
he was an embarrassment to the hokuto brothers
>shorten the 5 chariot arc but leave the full episodes for juza and fudo and maybe introduce them a little earlier so they don't feel out of anywhere.

Souther's ending felt a bit forced but I did get feels for him too.
Well in the end, I think it was implied that Raoh was beaten by Ken because he gave a lot of his fighting energy to Yuria so she could live her last years with Ken.

Shin and Juza also had great deaths. I swear I don't cry at all but those scenes had me crying like a bitch.
While I feel like the ending of the Roah arc was the end it deserved HnK 2 had its moments too.

I'd make Shin's arc shorter or use those episodes to introduce him and other important characters.
I also kind of want a continuation of Ryu's story. Seeing him grow up to become Ken's successor would've been great imo.

should I bother with part 2?
>Shin and Juza also had great deaths
juza yeah but shin, not so much. he death just felt sad and pitiful
but I kinda like that, its like how do you keep a character still as strong as the mc without the mc actually beating him, so im guessing the author really liked raoh and who wouldn't

his arc was already short, his arc is like maybe 5 episodes max, the problem is those 19 episodes to get to it
>I also kind of want a continuation of Ryu's story. Seeing him grow up to become Ken's successor would've been great imo.
guess I definitely have to watch HNK2. any good torrents?

Everything after Raoh was fucking milking it for money and was terrible.

Everything else is worth watching multiple times. Kaioh is just an edgy tryhard Raoh with terrible fucking BO.

Fucking Kaioh, dude's just Raoh without any of the qualities that made we actually like Raoh.

This?

Nope, this.

nyaa.si/view/841655
I used that one. Part 2 is okay at times but like said it just felt forced.

Holy shit I went full retard here, the panel I said is actually against Kaioh.

>guess I definitely have to watch HNK2. any good torrents?
desuarchive.org/a/thread/157059300/#q157070107

Don't condemn our grandest gift by using other torrents other than his.

Not him but that torrent seems to be dead.

I, one of the people in that thread, seeded it for at least a month specifically so that that would not happen.

I guess the world really is just a terrible place and thing.

is there any soundtrack ill be missing out on if Ijust read it?

youtube.com/watch?v=212ZIc7cNxU&list=PLA6EC39E975F3D1EE
The music is pretty good.

Tough Boy is a really good song regardless though.

Yes.
youtube.com/watch?v=ZrNjvAhsJvQ

>tfw Thouzer/Souther is one of your favorite villains even though he really isn't all that interesting.

what is this? its less censored than the dvd version I was watching.

berserk thread for anyone interested

It's nice how in almost every other thread people are tearing their heads off with waifu wars and shit and here we are actually talking and discussing FotNS like gentlemen.

This is anime for men.
Rei is my husbando btw.

Fuck off

because its old and theres like one waifu, even when theres a women like mamiya its back to yuria. its like drake, if it aint yuria I don't want it.

sucks i can't get any working torrents

This torrent works but it can be slow.

funny I found a COMPLETE torrent o piratebay with like 16 seeders. piratebay always come through

link?

thepiratebay.org/torrent/15600585/FIST_of_the_NORTH_STAR_(Hokuto_no_Ken)__COMPLETE_1984-2015_Pack

thank you

watching the FOTNS2 opening and goddam, at first I immediately didnt like it but the more I listen to it, jsut grows on you but I guess being paired with hyped visuals will do that.

no problem

He had some good lines, "I am the true Southern Star, all the others merely orbit around me," or something like that

welp I guess I should try cyboorg 009 again and try to get it off my backlog.

>when all of the previous OPs and EDs play throughout the final episode

god tier

This is pretty much all I remember from the sequel, just some bits and pieces, however I can recall every event in the first part, all of Kens journey and it's been a while. Truly a masterpiece.

Huge rock-crushing blows use up your ki/aura. Not strictly done with muscular power

Hokuto Shinken is very effective. From a tiny poke with little expenditure in stamina/aura, a huge effect is attained

Keep in mind, the practicioners age like normal people. When you're old or if you don't have Raoh-ter constitution, the finesse becomes even more important

Raoh's one and done "strong style" has always been a idiosyncrasy of his, a "terrifying style" not just any practicioner can attain. Koryu comments on his "superhuman inner strength" when they fight

>the author went through all this trouble to really hate souther(children slaves! what about adults? nope has t be children slaves

Souther was denied his childhood. "Love only leads to suffering". He hates kids and feel they shouldn't have what he didn't, growing in the villages with their parents

Remember, Souther was like a double orphan, his parents died/abandoned him AND his adoptive father tricked him into fucking killing him

Tough Boy is the best and I will KILL THE FIGHT you

I preferred it when Hokuto and Nanto were direct counterparts early on, neither being directly superior to the other, rather than Nanto being a complete bitch to the likes of Hokuto as seen later on.

Kaioh is Raoh without Toki and Kenshiro keeping him in check.

Who would win in a fight, Kenshiro at the end of the series or pic related?

Kenshiro has a weird choice of friends. I mean Shin kidnapped his girlfriend and put that mark on his chest and fucking Souther had child slavers.

let's not do this

Nanto is actually just developed based of one branch of the Hokuto family tree (not the main one mind you).

What makes Hokuto so good is that it combined two fighting arts that covered each others flaws.

Kenshiro easily

You even see Kenshiro and Raoh do Nanto-like strikes throughout the series

Nanto can never be as strong. It's basically pushing an incomplete part of Hokuto Shinken to the max. The strongest man of Nanto, Souther, would have lost in 5 seconds weren't for his meme heart placement

He sees the good in people.
He even saw the good in Raoh.

>He even saw the good in Raoh.
>even

Raoh was one of the better character. His idea for peace in the post-apocalyptic world was arguably more efficient than Kenshiro's (i.e. just rule everything with martial power)

Kenshiro very much wanted the best of the old world back, Raoh wanted a more despotic approach (disbelieving that most of the savages could be made to integrate civilization any soon). The fucking theme song's title is "I will bring back love!" for shit's sake, Kenshiro was just more idealistic and willing to believe in the world's redemption (he is the fucking savior of century's end after all)

>couple of kids go to steal water from a gang
>get caught and a couple gang members chase them
>ken shows up, knowing the situation
>kills them for daring to try and take their water back from thieves

i was told he was a moralfag what is this shit

There was probably water for everyone. Also, killing kids over stealing a few buckets of water is extreme. You could make them work to pay whatever they took from you or something

>Also, killing kids over stealing a few buckets of water is extreme.
The whole World was nuked to shit and you would have to be lucky not to find contaminated water everywhere you look.

I remember many villages with wells. It still rained, probably

anyone feel like lkenshiro was based on mario?

I thought if there was a nuke the sky would be darkened?

FotNS threads have always been one of the best threads on Sup Forums

I don't Ken can stop an earthquake with his bare hands....

Lynn is the best girl.

why do you guys waste your time with this baby shit?
what's your excuse for not reading Buronson's magnum opus yet?

That was a coincidence.

>never does anything to that level again, not even when going all out
>purportedly much stronger than he was when Baki was 13

If Yujiro could actually stop even the shittiest of earthquakes, it would mean his 120kg body can generate kilotons upon kilotons (upon kilotons) of force with a punch. It would just be DBZ at that point, he could in one leap go from Japan to the middle of Europe

But i did read it and it was great

Eh it doesn't really matter. Baki doesn't give a fuck about continuity really, killing a Tiger is a huge achievement but being able to shake the World with a punch is something that's a thing. Thing is I just want to see someone like Ken and Yujiro fight is all.

No, it does matter. You probably read the Spinyback """"translation"""" and think he legitimately stopped that earthquake. Strydum in the following page seems to express doubt, something like "it had to be a coincidence...Right?"

Yujiro gives an amused smile when he does it, too. He went "don't interfere!" and the Earth obeyed.

Never again he does anything like that. I don't think you appreciate what punching with that force would do. It would vaporize a city block just with the air dislocation

It's just a manga m8, calm down.

I ain't even mad. I love Baki. They're all superhuman in that, but not THAT superhuman

Oh well, sorry for derailing thread by the way.

>You probably read the Spinyback """"translation""""
For God's sake, friend, get the team names right. Especially when you're saying something like that. We're trying to do something *good*, by rectifying the Wild Fang works.
And, I'm even the one who posted that stuff about what Strydum says.

I, too, apologize for veering off of the topic of HnK. To return to the subject at hand: what do you all think of the Jagi Gaiden? I found that it wasn't really as tragic as it had and has been made out to be in these threads. What happened was unfortunate, but the narrative just wasn't how it needed to be in order to produce a proper 'tragic' story. I don't know why; it just felt slightly hollow.

I actually knew Wild Fang were the shitters, I'm just incredibly sleepy and mixed both names. Thanks for the TLs

>It has a shittier theme song.

You mean FABULOUS theme song.

Is it just me or does it seem like Kenshiro gave that gang of furries way too many chances to leave unharmed before finally deciding to exterminate them?

He at least inspired the creation of another awesome villain

Also Urien from SF3

well they were all pussywhipped by their dad, maybe he thought they could turn it around

>what do you all think of the Jagi Gaiden? I found that it wasn't really as tragic as it had and has been made out to be in these threads. What happened was unfortunate, but the narrative just wasn't how it needed to be in order to produce a proper 'tragic' story. I don't know why; it just felt slightly hollow.

didnt' even kn ow he had a gaiden, does ken have one? and to answer the question is cause jagi is a hokuto shitter like he couldve been a better villain with more shadow manipulation(which wasn't even necessary, the author probably added that to make jagi more competent) but he is by far the worst character, granted I haven't see HNK2.

* more shadow like manipulation like he did with shin

*add that to make jagi more competent and a threat

even the author realized how shit he was when hes almost never brought up again. even hte narration says the 3 hokuto brothers

I want to watch this, but put off by 109 episodes, is it actually worth watching or does it just get boring and repetitive?

you're joking right? well all I would say is watch like 5 episodes or where you get lin and bat and the skip to like episode 20

dont worry like 10 of them are recap episodes, and at one points theres 5 of them in a row

at first it might seem too episodic and repetitive for some, but then the big arcs get going and it gets a lot more interesting and exciting