So...

So, it seems Americans finally started officially publishing English version of Monogatari series (I realized this yesterday when I discovered the book at Barnes&Nobles).

However, I'm having issue finding the translators name and who he is, does anyone have a clue?
I'm really picky about translators because I read monogatari series in non-Japanese foreign language done by a professional.

You must be blind.

Learn nip and import the novels.

Senpai this is the sixth Monogatari thread, stop.
The novels have been released since like start of the year, probably a bit earlier.
Also, are you fucking retarded?

I'm just gonna save you the trouble and say that Platinum Mad was translated as Dagnabbit Mad.

It's also a perfectly fine translation but you know how people on Sup Forums feel about any type of localization, whether it be good or bad.

>Dagnabbit Mad.
What the fuck does that even mean? I mean I understand if they thought "platinum mad" might be too quirky for American normies to understand, but how is "I am dagnabbit mad" better?

>normies

The original pun was puchi mukatsuku (slightly mad) to purachina mukatsuku (platinum mad).

The pun is that while it sounds like she's really mad(platinum mad), she's actually just slightly mad. Not as mad she makes it out to be.

Dagnabbit mad is basically the same pun.

Dagnabbit mad sounds like an exaggerated amount of mad. But actually, she's just dagn "a bit" mad.

It's pretty clever all things considered but Sup Forums will ignore this while refusing to come up with a better alternative and shitposting about it.

Still though, "dagnabbit" is a corruption of "god damnit". So all of her platinum expressions "platinum mad", "platinum sad", etc.. sound just extremely weird and not in a quirky way.

The whole reason she says "platinum mad" is because it's a pun for "kinda mad".

I'm so fucking platinum mad right now!

Vertical is working directly with Nisio's editor on these just so you know. Nisio's editor also picked the translators. They've all been perfectly fine so far.

Your post is a better alternative.

That's what I was actually thinking. Like just go full fourth wall breaking. It fits with the Nisio's writing anyway.

My only problem then that its not a translation or even a localization. You're just adding a reference to appease autists that can't handle a phrase change.

How about dag-mad-it?

maybe if this was the 1940's it would have been more obvious

For Kizu I know the translator was hand picked by Nisio, from what I hear he didn't translate Nise. He's suppose to be doing Neko though. Not sure if he did Bake

You're a year late faggot. There's like 5 books out already.

The kizu translator also did bake, they only changed it for nise.

I meant to thank anons for revealing this. Saved me spending any money on this trash.

What's wrong with a foot note?

Why did they change the translator for nise?

Looks like they're trying to ramp up the release speed. The Nise guy is not a replacement translator, he's an additional one.

1. To get books out faster?
2. To let that poor bastard have a holiday?

>normies
Fuck off, crossboarder.

A proper translation should flow and be understood by people of the new language without extra reading. Someone should just be able to read the main text itself, and get it. This isn't always realistic, but it's an ideal which all professional translators strive to achieve.

Also worth noting a different translator worked on this one from the previous books.

>Nisio releases a new Monogatari volume every 6 months
>Vertical release a new translated volume every 3 months
>the English translation will catch up to the Japanese release eventually.
That will be a surreal day.

They're also releasing Zaregoto, but at an incredibly slow pace.

They're releasing book 2 a year after book 1, which what they did with Kizu and Bake as well, then picked up the pace when Monogatari showed it could sell. Hopefully Zaregoto will do the same.