retires every other year

> retires every other year
> people always more excited than the last time when he returns and are heartbroken no matter how often he leaves
> carries an entire studio by himself and his projects are the highest grossing Japanese films ever
Name a more based anime director

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ngZ0K3lWKRc
youtube.com/watch?v=sMQVYdfqKUU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

soon he'll have to retire forever

Miyazaki the Merciless
youtu.be/ngZ0K3lWKRc

He criticized it just because of the creepy human model. They should have shown him the same technology using a more abstract model. Something that doesn't represent anything and is more colorful.

>Let's show creepy weird stuff to Hayao Miyazaki, that will shurely go well.

Retards had it coming.

Makoto "Keit-Ai" Shinkai

not only that it objectively looked like shit and wasnt even that impressive.
Surprising even an old man who most likely knows nothing about it knew there was something wrong with it. Even if his reasoning wasnt that great

>his projects are the highest grossing Japanese films ever

*blocks your path*

Old faggot should just die already desu

He is so arrogant, but he is also a genius, so he really earned the right to be arrogant in my opinion.

I hope he keeps doing his thing until he literally is physically unable to anymore, he is one of the most passionate directors alive right now in my honest opinion.

It has less domestic gross than Spirited Away.

And we have yet to see if Makoto Shinkai is a one hit wonder

Yeah. Miyazaki has had a successful film career since 1979 and has three movies in the top 10. Shinkai has a long way to go.

Who are the other 2

Miyazaki isn't in the movie you twat.

I agree with him most of the time.

i honestly believe his plan is to die while working, leaving behind an unfinished masterpiece that we'll never get to see

Shinkai can only make one type of movie, he's already tried a Ghibli type movie and it kinda sucked. Failed so bad he went back to making romance films.

exactly... also, it still hurts. Kon was a master.

he was only 37 years old. he was way too young

47... derp

This looks like shit. So what theyve set some sort of random system on different joints and ligaments and the bodies crawl in a stupid way? Why are they selling this like this is some sort of newfound technology? They literally are suggesting this can replace hand drawings. This looks like it was made by accident and serves no practical purpose. Why do the japanese have their heads so far up their asses? I'm not the only one that sees this as just a shitty algorithm right?

Japanese either die ridiculously young in the most retarded ways or live to be 6000 years old and die of natural causes, there is no middle-ground.

so you're saying Miyazaki is new technology? hmm, what's old is new again

They're stupid kids, that's it really. That verbal beatdown was entirely necessary, they honestly thought their shit was revolutionary when it was firstly not impressive at all and secondly totally worthless even if it were impressive. Furthermore their motivation is fucking arrogant, to make a computer that can draw as well as a human, they honestly thought they were going to do it, they actually set that as a real goal they wanted to achieve, and they actually thought Miyazaki would be impressed hearing that, they needed to be ripped back down to reality and I respect Miyazaki for doing it. I hope they rethought their work after that and started doing something more productive.

Meant for

Will he ever direct a live-action flick? Would like to see if his skills translate.

Will there be a big public funeral when miyazaki dies from a heart attack from fapping to loli?

No, his passion is animation. If he were going to attempt live-action, he would have done it long (decades long) ago.

5 Centimeters, Garden of Words and Your Name have similarities but they are not the same thing. There are many ways of making a movie about romance.

I think this user was referring to whether he was capable of carrying over his talent in the first place regardless of whether he actually wanted or had a reason to do so.

I literally cant think of any movies more similar to each other than those three

He has one of the biggest hits of Japanese cinema under his belt now. Surely that'll permit some room for experimenting. At the moment, the only two people with the potential to surpass Mizayaki is Shinkai and Mamoru Hosoda.

>REEEE STOP LIKING WHAT I DONT LIKE!
I unironically hate this faggot

That's not him, the actor's name is written in Kanji.

Educate yourself Gaijin pig.

But does he have a point?

>youtube.com/watch?v=sMQVYdfqKUU
>Did you think Trump would be elected?
>No, I think it's a terrible thing.

Was he correct here?

>retard Miyazaki ass lickers don't know what deep learning AI is

Also watch the whole documentary, you attention deficient shitstains. That simulation was for how to move Miyazaki's CGI caterpillar. That's why they showed it to him. Him going on some dumb tangent about his disabled buddy was just him yelling at clouds as usual.

First part is right that isn't really anything revolutionary but the thing about it being arrogant to try to have a dumpster draw as well as a human is some dumb regressive Luddite bullshit. Having a computer replicate human actions or do them even better is basically the whole goal of artificial intelligence research and the improvement of AI is absolutely a worthy and realistic field of study.

He seriously looks like he's about to cry.

>dumpster
I mean computer. I should really stop phoneposting

I wonder if you even know who he is or that he's currently one of the most powerful producers in all of Japan.

He has more things to worry about than some old man not liking one out of his dozens of software projects.

He said Clinton was terrible too.
And that the Japanese were bad at hard. Conquering most of the Pacific Ocean seemed pretty based though.

Not a huge fan of shinkai myself but hosoda has a lot of potential