Spice and Wolf

Season 3 is around the corner, and you better believe it. The only question is how far that corner is from us.

Here is one of my favorite scenes from the anime thus far: youtube.com/watch?v=wINa_YZj-kg&ab_channel=FUNimation

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vE-dGgTxBtE
i.redd
global.bookwalker.jp/series/94906/
hachettebookgroup.com/titles/isuna-hasekura/spice-and-wolf-vol-1/9780759531048/?yen
wikihow.com/Browse-Sup
youtube.com/watch?v=_NrNooWBykw
youtube.com/watch?v=RbgmlYju-YI&ab_channel=AnimeWolf
youtube.com/watch?v=3LMJrAfzazQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Holo is best girl and deserves a happily ever after with Lawrence

OP, I love spice and wolf just as much as any other guy here, possibly more, but for the love of Christ stop making these threads every hour of everyday. If we constantly have a spice and Wolf thread it will be disregarded as shitposting, as opposed to having a comfy one about once a week.
Tl;dr too much of a good thing quickly turns into a bad thing.

I would shoot myself for a 3rd season.

I only make one thread at a time but don't worry friendo, I'll be out of your hair after tomorrow. But until then, you'll have to deal with Spice and Wolf threads. This is what the universe dictates.

I never watched the dub myself, but if the rest of the anime is similar to that clip then they did a half decent job it seems.

newfag here, what's the best Spice and Wolf release for both seasons?

Whichever one spells it Holo instead of Horo. Seriously do not get the one that spells it Horo.

Now that books are being published there actually is a possibility for more anime, but I'd guess it'd be an OVA or a movie.

I started reading Sup Forums in 2009 when S2 was airing. Holy shit what am I doing with my life. At least S&W helped me get my first girlfriend in 2010

Mazui

>it'd be an OVA or a movie
Hold your tongue, young man! The anime deserves a proper episodic sequel, the story can't be crammed into an OVA or a movie.

Where did you order all the novels? Was it a good buy?

You could throw out half the novels and it wouldn't effect the story. Some of them were pretty dull.

>Where did you order all the novels?

Preordered vol1 from Rightstuf, bought a few off Amazon, and a bunch were gifts from girlfriends over the years.

I agree that there are things that could be cut out without affecting the story. But I think that a movie or an OVA would rush the story too much. What made the anime good was it's moderate pacing.

If a season 3 gets released I'm going to buy all the novels. Yiu hear that Japan?

I urge everyone to listen to the OP in Russian
>youtube.com/watch?v=vE-dGgTxBtE
Also i hate this bitch in pic

Says the guy who literally posts a .gif from reddit
>i.redd - it/a2ia6hpbp2az.gif

>got Vol. 18 the other day feels good.

>Now that books are being published
How recent is this?
I second Mazui. If you can't find the original Mazui release then get whatever you can find and replace the subs with the Mazui ones. Fuck i miss Mazui.

Why don't you just buy them right now anyway
The entire series is done dude

Also I apparently forgot how to format my post properly. Just like I fucked up and ordered two copies of the third Konosuba LN.

I can't user. Whenever I hear the OP or ED I just get really fucking sad. My favorite shows always seem to do that to me.

Yeah i just didn't know when. I guess it did finish up pretty recently.

Is the studio who did Spice and Wolf still active? I can't find any recent works.

I started with the digital releases myself. After reading reviews on different releases the best I've found is the Madokami PDF files of the YenPress novel versions. I'm pretty sure you can search for it on any torrent site. (uploaded with a Kitzoku tag on nyaa) For purchasing digital copies though there is only one real place to get it:

global.bookwalker.jp/series/94906/

It's gonna cost you though. Eight bucks per novel or almost a hundred a fifty for the whole set.

Moving on to physical copies, you can get them off random amazon sellers in the US. I would highly recommend using the Yen Press website to point to their official amazon listing though. Sometimes you can end up with random older translations that suck compared to the yen press ones. The prices are about the same as the bookwalker digital releases (see spoiler above). In my opinion: If you're spending the money it makes more sense to get a physical version of it.

hachettebookgroup.com/titles/isuna-hasekura/spice-and-wolf-vol-1/9780759531048/?yen

>can only find Mazui for S2
Fuck. Any other good ones for S1?

The Russian version sounds really good. Might have to do with the fact that the music is trying to capture the rythm of medival songs, and the Russian language has managed to survive since then.
Also, you're right. Pic related is worst girl.

Yes. It's called dubbs.

I would never.

I enjoyed the dubbs much better than the subs, the voices fit the setting and the voice actors were really into it.

CTR releases my friend. Truly the best of the best.

Season one: /854949
Season two: /884812

Tell me about your girlfriends, since you want to talk about them.

Thanks.

Why do you have Holo images if you haven't even seen the show?

>TFW season 3 has an OP that is an homage to season 1's OP
I would shed manly tears

I have. I just can't remmeber which subs I had and noticed it was completely missing from my archive folder.

I'd cry like a bitch.

The same way many newfriends have these images, they use wikihow to figure out how to navigate here and then use photobucket or knowyourmeme to find images to attach.

wikihow.com/Browse-Sup Forums

>Some random user actually made a wikihow on browsing Sup Forums

>no meme tier Wikihow art
Wow. That's fucking gay.

>that Q&A section
Christ.

There's been more books coming out since last year, plus a spin-off series. There's been 4 books in total released in the past year with a fifth coming out next month.

It would melt my cold icy heart. If there is a season 3, they better bring Natsumi Kiyoura back.

Imagin is still around. However the fact that they've stagnant in releasing new anime is an indicator that they are having financial difficulties. This is good since it'll mean they'll have to sell the Spice and Wolf franchise soon or go bankrupt and lose it, letting the author give the anime licensing rights to someone else. Season 3 is close, my friend.

Has anybody read them yet?
Would like to hear on if they are good or suck.

Horo*

A couple of the new ones are already out in English. Just go to a bookstore, find a chair, and take like 2 hours to read it if you can't be bothered to find it online or buy it.

Spring Log I (Holo/Lawrence) is decent enough. If you liked the side stories, you'll like this as well. I think the one that just released a bit ago in Japan has jealous Holo, so that'll be fun for whenever it gets localized.

Really liked this AMV
youtube.com/watch?v=_NrNooWBykw

If you're trying to put me in the feels user, you've achiveved it. I just want a season 3 for this hell to end.

We're all going to make it

I'd cry like a bitch. Spice and Wolf makes me extremely melancholy

reminder spice and wolf has a manga

I wish Amarti cucked Lawrence

Yea, but the manga only got to novel 2.

An oddly good dub. Just really carried by the main two va's.

>dub
>missing out on FukuJun

Brian and John are really good voice actors so I wasn't surprised that they carried the anime, especially since Holo and Lawrence do about 80% of the talking.
I wouldn't say that the side characters were bad, but only 80% of them were good while 20% sounded awkward/ lack luster.

topkek.jpg

Not that user, but I really can't tell the difference between most japanese voices besides extreme pitch differences, so watching subs really takes the immersion out of anime for me. That doesn't mean I defend dubs all the time, most dubs from the 2000s sounds awkward and unfitting but they have gotten better in the past 5 years or so. Spice and Wolf has one of the better dubs from the 2000s and I know season 3's dubs will be quality.

Someone help? Spice and wolf is possibly my favorite anime of all time. But mostly i just want to exist in the show and be a part of that world and that life and watching it and being reminded of it makes me depressed. I lock myself up alone and watch the series from start to finish and just cry because i cant be with holo and then i lose my job whats wrong with me

try moving to the rural half of eastern europe

Maybe one day nippon land will see our pleads and grant us our wish

Moving to the country won't do much, trust me. You've set an unintanable expectation for medival European time, a romanticization. This depression due to romanticization is very common, especially in this era where we are constantly shown romanticized versions of everything 24/7. No girl will ever be as desirable as Holo and no life will be as exciting as fiction.
Best thing to do is to detach yourself from whatever triggers these desires (i.e. anime, posters, figures, etc.) and move on with your life. Try picking up another cheap hobby such as tennis or lifting and socialize with others.

youtube.com/watch?v=RbgmlYju-YI&ab_channel=AnimeWolf

Would you give Holo a child if she begged you?

Of course, only because it's the right thing to do

I'm amazed she learned to read this fast

She is a wise wolf, and a proud one at that.

youtube.com/watch?v=3LMJrAfzazQ
The ED is pretty good too.
How did the dub adapted Holo's archaic Japanese? Did it went with Ye Olde English?

I don't think they'd use an OVA to cover the entire story. Just a short adaptation of a few of the books.

ОЗАРЕННОЙ
ТЕНЬЮ С НАМИ
КРАЙ ЗАВЕТНЫЙ
ЯВЬЮ СТАНЕТ
ПУТЬ РАССТЕЛИТ
ПЕРЕД НАМИ
НА ХВОСТЕ ШАЛЬНЫХ ВЕТРОВ
ЧЕРЕЗ СТУЖУ
ЗВУКИ РЕЧЬЯ
ИЗ ПОЖАРА
ДНЕЙ БЕСПЕЧНЫХ
МИМО ДРОЖИ
НОЧИ ВЕЧНОЙ
ЗА ПОСЛЕЕЕДНИЙ ИИИХ ПОКРОООООВ.

I fucking love this song

>english dub

You almost killed me there, fuck.

No matter how good dub is, its still inferior compared to the Japanese voice over.

>so watching subs really takes the immersion out of anime for me

It would be awkward for the first couple of title, but it'll come natural to you once you get really used to it.
Voice acting is a massive part of the whole experience user, get used to it.

S3 will never happen due to a conflict with the rights the author traded away for magic beans. Ever notice why the author never wants to talk about why S3 hasn't happened? It's because he fucked up and made a retarded deal.

Also a link to a dub? Neck yourself faggot.

>write a God-tier series about trading
>somehow fuck it up IRL
baka tbqh family

Any proof of that deal?

>Any proof of that deal?
It's been 8 years from S2? We have a video game, a full manga and numerous books.
Yet no S3.

I guess he just hates money.

Anime adaptations cost money to make. Publishers only do it if they figure it'll sell more books. The original novel series ended in Japan years ago, until the new ones started coming out last year or so.

I wouldn't be surprised if they did an S3 now that there are new books. You've seen that happen for all kinds of weird shit, like Planetarian.

The book publisher has nothing to do with the anime rights; They do not own the anime rights. The rights holder had a 2 season obligation if S1 met sales targets. So they were obligated to make an S2.

They didn't want to make an S2 because the deal signed didn't share the revenue from the book sales with the anime adaptation. It's standard practice for the Anime production to take a small cut of the book sales after an anime airs. However when the deal for the anime was made no one was sure if the anime would be a success due to it's very strange theme. So the Anime production offered a tiny cut of the profits to the author from the anime and waved any profits from the books. The idea being that if the anime was popular the Anime production made all the money, while the author kept all the book profits.

After S1 was wildly popular not only in Japan but more importantly overseas, the two parties both felt cheated by each other. The author wanted more of the anime money, while the Anime producer wanted some of the book sales. After S2 happened which sold equally as well happened the book side really started making money for the book publisher. The author makes almost nothing on both the anime and his books due to signing terrible deals when he was a brand new author that just happened to think he was a business wiz.

The anime or potential for S3 has some Jap name I can't remember that means 'For sure profit', they know if they make it that it will make money. But the anime rights holder feels cheated by the author who wouldn't renegotiate a deal that would have shared more of the money from the books to the anime production. (but which would see a huge raise in sales after the anime) He feels cheated by the anime production company that didn't offer to share more of the profits from the anime with him beyond the contract, and again another Jap word that means something like 'A duty above obligation'.

Stop creating generals every single day, there isn't even new spring log content to discuss.

>I wouldn't be surprised if they did an S3 now that there are new books
Oh yeah because that totally made Haruhi s3 happen, right?
The "secret deal" this one faggot is trying to push for the past 2~3 threads is probably made up but the fact season 3 will never happen because no studio is willing to commit to adapting 11+ volumes is true.

As much shit as shaft can throw around sometimes, you have to admire their dedication to adapting Monogatari to completion. Although the comparison isn't all that fair because it's the greatest cash cow in the entire industry.

Not really sure how to help you here. S&W and Kino no Tabi both give me a similar (though not as strong) feeling. Personally what works for me when it seems to get a little strong is just detaching myself from the internet for a while and spending a few days innawoods or around my small town.

I really think 90% of the people who love Spice and Wolf don't actually care about the Medieval trade and economic concepts involved, or even the basic premise of the story, but only watch and read it for their waifu Holo. And maybe Lawrence.

I'm a Certified Public Accountant and a lawyer who works corporate, and I unironically only read this for the barter and merchant adventures.

Stop, it hurts

I won't lose hope!

Is Lawrence the biggest doormat of anime?

I watched it on recommendation from a few friends and fell in love with the setting, atmosphere, and characters. I also ended up really enjoying the trade and economic stuff involved too.

No, she just has an accent which enunciate every syllables clearly. It would have been pretty damn good if she does do Ye Old English with a strange accent. Something from north of Europe id imagine.

>Season 3 is around the corner
Why Would you say that?

What did you think of C:?

Nah, best way is achieving enlightenment.

>dub
Still, best dub I've ever heard.
Solid 4/10.

>Brian

look man I know she has the voice and body of a 12-year-old boy but come on

>holo
Haven't we Agreed last time that her name is horo

Korbo, can't you read?

None of the subtitles I've seen capture how Holo talks like an old woman. As a result she comes across as a generic teenage girl instead of someone wise beyond her years. The dub more accurately reflects the original intent by giving her a deeper voice and a light Victorian accent that doesn't use contractions. If you're not fluent in Japanese then the dub is superior.

>Holo will never call you an ass x3 in a playful manner
Why live?

SO you're saying there is a chance

I, too, am interested

oh man thats sad, did he sign a lifetime deal or something, he should of renegotiated or something

Sadly, it was a deal that can last forever. The author and studio can still renegotiate and restart the anime, but so far nothing seems to be happening.