Baki Dou 169 translation

Front page of the magazine claims that this is "the climax" again. I don't know what they're trying to play at.

Volume 18 is to be released on September 7th. It should contain chapters 153-161. Chapter 161 is the one with the big spread of Hanayama's hand smooshing Musashi's face so, if you liked that, that'll be the volume for you.

Chapter 169: Admiration

>Narrator: It's because he was born as one of 'the strong'.
>N: From the moment of birth, he had STRENGTH.
>N: What more than this would he need?

>N: He shouldn't want for "more than this".
>H: Even though he is strong, he shouldn't train.

>N: He thinks that training, especially for 'the strong', is a sign of cowardice.
>N: Would a lion train...?

>N: It's his "natural" state.
>N: His strength *must* be "natural".

>Musashi: Though this is coming to its end...

>M: Your eyes are like those of the Buddha.
>M: Have you transcended beyond even hostile intent,
>M: Hanayama Kaoru?
>Kozaki: Baki-san.
>K: This is...
>Baki: Yeah.
>B: This is the final chapter.

>B: We have to see it through.
>M: Don't think ill of me.

>M: No longer...
>M: Can I afford mistakes.

>Audience: He took it out!
>A: Two-sword style!
>A: He looks just like that drawing!
>M: Heh-heh...
>M: I'm quite popular.
>K: He's just screwing around...
>B: S'frightening.

>Hanayama: This is an honour.

>M: Hup!

>B: He's....
>B: Stopped playing games...
>M: We can no longer have a contest of strength.
>M: That's the match.

>H: GAHHH!!!

>M: Good.
>M: Now, the demon's eye.

>H: Ahh...
>H: Utsumi-san...

>H: Are you having that drink now...?

End scene.

Itagaki sez:

You don't find out the season from calendars; you figure it out from the winds and the food.

The Strong is the Beautiful!

Dunno what y'all problem is with this. It's cool. Weird, but cool.

>training is for cowards
>would a lion train?
Is he right?

The Cowardly Lion didn't train, and it turned out that he was strong all along. He just didn't have the courage to know it.

So, does anybody believe that Hanayama is going to survive? After all, something thematically similar to this happened in the first series; in Katsumi vs Hanayama. Same implication of death, even, as I recall.

Hanayama will be fine after a few months hiatus.

He is going to be resurrected with oni genes mixed in just in time for next arc aliens.

I love the whole "medieval guy goes medieval on modern martial arts" thing. I really do. I don't understand why people hate on Musashi.

>I don't understand why people hate on Musashi.
We've been over this before.

Musashi isn't dark-skinned, so Americans don't like him as an overpowered character. There's a study about how Americans only accept dark skin as superhuman, anyone save it?

Nah. Musashi's culling the cast. I love Hanayama but he's doomed. He's gonna have a scene where he dies standing up and Musashi says what a gallant man he is, and it'll all be very sad. Then Baki pours some whiskey in Hanayama's mouth and he revives like Popeye before punching Memesashi's head right off his shoulders

Fuck off, Sup Forums.

People do not like him because he has been the single longest-running primary antagonist of the franchise for around ~35 chapters.

Addendum - all his fights are exactly alike. He tanks his opponent's first attack, then nothing personnel's them while finding respect for them. The Motobe fight would've been an ideal ending for the arc but it just keeps going.

>Fuck off, Sup Forums.
You accept Yujiro and Pickle because both are brown/black. You don't accept Musashi, even though he's doing the same shit, because he has white skin.

I mean, do you even hear yourself when you post?

Pickle wasnt liked either tough.

Are you kidding or just very, very new?

Neither, just go check archive .

Then you are extremely delusional. Therse threads are mostly about how superior Pickle is to Musashi and everyone was super butthurt about Musashi beating Pickle.

>The Motobe fight would've been an ideal ending for the arc
This.

>lol I started reading at Dou
That's you.

Then you are a fucking retard. It is because they hate Musashi even more than Pickle.

DOPPO BEST BAKI

This some low res bait going on.

>tfw he could not protect Hanayama

Hanayama better not die too.

Why doesnt someone just shoot The Musashi.

why is this series even named after baki he is just a weak side character outclassed by a bunch of people, and hes a midget

dude

lel

this is baki

this can really happen

onis don't exist in baki faggot

You would have said the same about ancient egyptian aliens 2 series ago.

And I would still be correct? There's not a word about aliens in any part of Baki

Yujiro getting tranq'd by a rifle and brought down is possibly the weirdest part of the manga. It is amazing that they managed to do it. The US military should just hire the guys who did it and fire the rest.

>I don't understand why people hate on Musashi.
People hate Musashi because he's doing the same exact asspulls as Pickle but on the entire main cast and for much longer than Pickle.
>Superhuman from the past comes in modern world with asspulls
>OMG guize, he's liek, the stronkest OG Donut Steel character
>Tanks everything from the main cast outside of one token character and demolishes them in one hit
>90% of the cast jobs to him even though they were established as superhuman monsters
>Hurr durr, modern martial arts can't win against the (ass)Blast from the Pastâ„¢, nothin' personnel kid
With Musashi it gets even worse since now Pickle, the one who BTFO every single grappler but Yuujiro, jobs ingloriously to Memesashi even in raw physical strength, when it was already stated times and again that the only one who could compete with him was Yuujiro, Memesashi is Pickle 2.0, except this time Retsu dies instead of losing another limb and Memetobe takes Jack's place as that one character who gets a pyrrhic "victory" in the middle of the arc.
tl;dr: People don't like this shit because it's terribly repetitive and shits all over the established cast, Memesashi gets extra hate because his arc is even longer and more boring than Pickle's outside of Memetobe being one of the legit greatest moments in the fucking manga.

Friendly reminder that Meme is also beautiful

based Memetobe

I believed in you Memetobe fuck you, you had the chance to save us all from this infinite hell but decided to not kill Musashi.

Fuck you.

HANAYAMAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Hey, at least Motobe was gracious enough to give Dou a clearly defined structure. Before, it was just Musashi being dragged around by various people and made to fight people. Like, why was the part with the kendo guy even there?

Anyway, Motobe's fights against Jack and Musashi were the only things in Baki to make me jump up in delight since Kaku vs Yuujiro. I think that's worth something, at least.

On that note: we're pretty close to done on the scanlation of 132, I think. Look forward to it!

I just read that in a gyoji voice. I've been watching too much sumo.

>It's another "Musashi plays around then unsheathes his katana and curbstomp the opposition" arc

I'm getting tired of this.