Let's design the genkiest of girls

>let's design the genkiest of girls
>who tries harder than ANYONE
>who is training in EVERY single scene one way or another
>literally never gives up, never stops
>lets take this girl and absolutely and utterly destroy her hopes and dreams forever with a happy ending

Other urls found in this thread:

majitranslations.wordpress.com/
twitter.com/jastusa/status/881755172246089728
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

That's my fetish.

At least this never actually happens in the other routes and sequels. She probably reaches her dream in every single timeline except her own. Incredible.

Wrong. In many other routes Momoyo hints that she's going to get a reality check sooner or later.

>7 games later she's still getting stronger
Yeah nah

Maybe if she embraced the power of YOUTH her dreams would come true

>we will never get a sequel based on the original girls again, where you get new routes for them after the events of A-5, in which Wanko gets a proper, fulfilling ending where she doesn't give up

Give me a reason why shoudn't I just kill myself on the spot right now.

At least she didn't get raped.

let's not do that

Was her dream to get married and have 2-27 children? No? Darwin will forget her soon enough.

>Give me a reason why shouldn't I just kill myself on the spot right now.

Because it's not outside the realm of possibility

Sorry Wanko.
But I was over you a game and a half ago.
All I want to do is conquer the world with my hegemon king.

Why was she trying so hard for?

4u

She wanna be the saiyan

Nips have the strangest "born right" fetish.
I get that being born a certain way will make you literally more suited to some tasks than others, but if Rocky Marciano can become an undefeated heavyweight champion with arms as long as most boxer's shins then anything is possible

tfw when wanted a split route with Seiso and Haou endings

Imagine if Yamcha had Vegeta's obsession with fighting Goku.
That's Wanko.

But Yamcha was shit because he didn't train but played basketball with normies.

It's day and night, in the West the opposite is taken as gospel.

Why are the Majifriday threads ded?

>she actually becomes the strongest in the shittiest route (Miyako's) because she was told she had no talent by Miyako in a cunty way and went to train alone in the mountains with nothing but her anger

When did you realize that Yamato and the Kazama family were the ones holding her back by constantly coddling her and treating her with child gloves?

Because mods started deleting them

>tfw miyako's was the only route I didn't play
Well now I have to do it.

Context? Sauce?

t. Newf/a/g

Damn your taste is trash if you think Miyako is any worse than Momoyos . That route is a complete letdown.

You're right, I just exaggerated to fit in with the cool kids on Sup Forums who always say Miyako's route is the worst.

Majikoi first VN
Read it, it's good.

Nothing is worse than Chris's route.

>gets raped
>like a hentai scene, has no choice but to accept the circumstances and never told anyone about the accident
>suddenly live together
>Next scene they are in germany fighting against her father

They were already a couple when it happened, it's not like raping a stranger.

And it's not rape if she ends up wanting it. She had "plenty of choice", all she had to do was call her Papa after the incident.

>she actually becomes the strongest in Miyako's route

What? I don't remember this. Can you provide a quote?

I meant as far as the main routes are concerned, she ends up winning all her Kawakami battles or whatever those were, even against some talented warrior from another city, which all the other girls from the family said she had no chance against. (This happened after the threeway battle of Chris/Wanko/Miyako and her mountain training)

I honestly think this wasn't the intention of the writer. I think it was just supposed to be a life lesson on how you can find happiness without your over the top dream, and that a mediocre life is worth as long as you have the people you love around you.

But they just accidentally went waaaaaay too fucking far with it by trying to get their point across and they just basically slaughtered their own character.
In the 10 years timeskip at the end of her route you could literally feel Wanko internally screaming.

>why did i stop training why am i a nutritionist i should be shooting lasers in space with onee-san

>raped

what broke?

her existence

Can we get to A-5 english translation already?
I really want that threesome with yoshitsune and Benkei my dick is dying.

My smile

I don't like this. My shounen anime always taught me that you can become the strongest even if you're the weakest if your will is strong enough.

Nobody actually liked it, only people pretending to be edgy or trying to make wankofags mad.

You read too much doujinshi user. Time to face reality.

Well to be fair, it's still arguably the best route in the game, for the feels alone.

I forget the name of this VN, but it was the most melodramatic teenage soap opera shit I have ever read in VN form. Absolute trash.

P.S. those sports festival scenes are the worst things I have ever read

It's well written, its just that the message is beyond horrible while pretending to be happy, it's not satisfying in any sense.

Then there's this guy

"do not hesitate to crush ur characters"
- yoshiyuki tomino, great director

What's wrong with Momoyo's route?

Too perfect

What happened to the translations for this? Last thing I heard S1 was nearly complete.

Wanko a shit. I don't know why you fags like loser girls.

Do you live in the stone age or something??

majitranslations.wordpress.com/

I like Wanko because she's cute like a dog.

I fell in love with this baka robot, and it makes me sad to know she will pretty much never appear again, even if Takahiro decides to continue Majikoi at some nebulous point in the futre.

Damn, looks like I'm reading Majikoi this evening.

Failing after years of training and being told, 'No, you're done,' really is the worst.

>muh tragic heroine
>I-I have to protect her

Give up. Translations are dead. JAST bought the rights to Majikoi. It's probably going to be close to a decade before A3 gets released at the typical JAST pace.

Strongest smug.

oh no, they are here

twitter.com/jastusa/status/881755172246089728

What are the chances of its 'twin' getting an english release

Twin?

>mfw i just finished replaying wanko's route and this thread appears
>while pretending to be happy, it's not satisfying in any sense
What do you mean pretending to be happy?
The ending is quite bittersweet because she will carry the sorrow of failing at her first dream all her life, but nonetheless she got up again and found her way. It makes it sad but also relieving and special.
While i agree we read the chinese cartoon novels to escape reality and want our girls to be happy so the ending may come off as depressive in a sense, i think it's quite satisfying.
If i could change something i guess it would be the reason she couldn't make it. Not having enough talent is something that on an emotional level is hard to accept, so i wonder how would it have felt if she had gotten into an accident and got an injure or something.
>tfw no crippled potato Wanko to change her diapers three times a day as she drolls all over

That's some serious fucking bait.

Silly user, all maji's are best.
None can beat hermit crabs tho.

>Something breaks
Indeed and it was fucking great. Loved that scene

It's not satisfying simply because of the context of the whole thing. It's not just a character that failed her dream and learned to deal with it. It's a character that was happier than any other in the story, the one that worked the hardest, and the one that that most desired to realize her dream, yet the plot just constantly shitted on her again and again and again and kept you saying "surely next time it will go alright for her, r-right?".
Except that never happens and then everything goes to shit, and you are supposed to feel happy that she settled for the mediocre life with the only reason being
"lol its impossible if you aren't born being the best from the start, kiddo. Oh but dont worry your entire decade of nonstop training was useful because of this one scene with a small earthquake where you could save MC from a falling piece of wood, isn't it great and convenient?"

Then every other character does jack shit and everything works out at the end, sorry wanko you deserve the worst because you actually tried.

You have to be a special kind of person to enjoy this shit

>relieving
maybe if you hate wanko

Me

Consider the following.

>lol its impossible if you aren't born being the best from the start, kiddo
Her goal was pretty much equivalent to becoming the (2nd) strongest person on earth.
To be the absolute best you will need more than sweating blood, because anyone can sweat blood if their willpower is strong enough. If you wanna get scientific and whatnot, it may sound very frustrating, but genes do have more impact than you may think of, even far down the road.
BUT like i said before such a thing is just too hard to accept emotionally for us the spectators, so if i was the writer i would have probably gone with a tragic injure as the reason for giving up her dream.
>Then every other character does jack shit and everything works out at the end, sorry wanko you deserve the worst because you actually tried.
You aren't making any sense. No other character had a goal like Wanko's. Momoyo wanted a rival, Miyako wanted Yamato's dick, Yukie wanted friends, Chris was just.. Chris.
You could say that "everything worked out" even though they didn't do "jackshit" because they didn't need anything to work out in the first place, they didn't have such big aspirations.
Exactly because Kazuko worked so hard is that her route was based on the drama of her failure.
Wanko is my second favorite behind Tsubame.
The route made me happy, sad, hopeful, extremely sad and then bittersweet.
Let me blog a bit. My mother wanted to be a singer, it was her dream all her life, and then she failed and ended up becoming a teacher. I can still see the occasional sadness in her eyes when she talks about it, but i definitely can't say her current life is her "pretending to be happy". Examples like that can be found anywhere, it's just a sad face of life that isn't usually portrayed in light hearted chinese cartoons.

>Her goal was pretty much equivalent to becoming the (2nd) strongest person on earth.

What? There's already 3-4 canon characters stronger than Momo, if not more. And we're talking about characters that already appeared, it's easy for the writers to pull up some even stronger enemies from remote locations.

She didn't have to become on par with her to give her an entertaining fight, and even if she couldn't reach her absolute dream of being Momo's one true rival, she could've still become hella strong in the process. When you shoot a bow, you should always aim a bit higher than where you want to hit.

My problem with the route is that they didn't convince me enough that she wasn't fit for the role.
If her being a talentless person can get to that kind of power while still being so young, then imagine where she would be if she trained everyday until she is 35-45 years old, which is the age Li mentioned to be the normal age for people being accepted as assistant masters. That is 2 decades of training at minimum, and she did a significant powerup + new technique in just a week training at the mountain when she prepared for Momoyo's test.
It just... doesn't make any sense at all from the reader's point of view. Though I never expect her achieving becoming Momo's equal, but I'm sure the assistant master position was very well a possibility.

I'm still convinced this isn't supposed to actually happen outside her route and was used just for an excuse for plot, because I can't make sense out of it.

>There's already 3-4 canon characters stronger than Momo
Only Hume, Tesshin and Seiso come to mind (tsubame only beat her because technology). And if i remember correctly she was eventually implied to be stronger than Hume and Tesshin.
>she could've still become hella strong in the process
They say this again and again during her route. It's not that she doesn't have talent. She's very strong compared to a normal person and could become a decently accomplished martial artist/sportswoman.
BUT it wasn't enough for becoming an assistant master, the hurdle she picked was just too damn high.
Though as the other user pointed out the way it was handled wasn't convincing enough so it felt more like "welp she just can't because reasons".
>they didn't convince me enough that she wasn't fit for the role
Indeed, that was a fault of the writers. They should have showed the gap between her and others better than through silly plum picking contests. Maybe some flashbacks to her watching everyone progress faster with relative ease as she just barely managed to keep up by vomiting blood and stuff like that would have made it more convincing.

>I'm still convinced this isn't supposed to actually happen outside her route and was used just for an excuse for plot, because I can't make sense out of it.
I haven't read any of the sequels/spin-offs yet, but on the original at least every other route epilogue has a reference to how Wanko had to abandon her dream. They don't say it out loud cause that would spoil her route, but in all of them Yamato goes "Wanko supports Momoyo at the temple. Lots have happened since then, but the sisters are ever close"

>Maybe some flashbacks to her watching everyone progress faster with relative ease as she just barely managed to keep up
If they showed Wanko not making such big progress in such short periods of time, maybe it would have made a biiit more sense, but really, the premise is flawed from the start. Knowing that she still has multiple decades worth of time, at this pace its just impossible for her to not be OP if she keeps up.

But that's just wrong. I'd have to check in every single route, but I can recall most of the After Stories, even in the nukige continuations in S, Wanko is still training everyday.

this is a good one.

If she was injured, it would remove the true message of the route that tells you that if you work hard, even if you don't succeed, you'll still benefit from the experience. If she was injured, then she couldn't do that.

Well I just checked. She literally only gets fucked in her own route.

>it would remove the true message of the route that tells you that if you work hard, even if you don't succeed, you'll still benefit from the experience

That wasn't the message though. It might have been if she kept training despite never reaching Momoyo's level.
The message was that it's not the end of the world if you change your life-dream, and there's more than one way to reach happiness. Not everyone is meant for everything.

>I can recall most of the After Stories, even in the nukige continuations in S, Wanko is still training everyday.
I remember that Momoyo does say that she would like to wait another year (ie until after she finishes highschool) before telling her to give up, but in her route she decides tell her right away. As far as i remember the afterstories are still within the remaining year of highschool.

Maybe in a year we don't get Chris to miraculously survive because of a fucking luck charm

>wanko has been training since she was little
>"no talent, give up"
>yamato picks up ninja training a lot later in life
>becomes master in a couple of years

Sucks to be her.

They actually do a very convincing job at showing how weak Kazuko is. Among the 5 original heroines, Kazuko is definitely the weakest. Miyako is shown in her route to be stronger than Kazuko, and Kazuko consistently loses to Chris. Kazuko usually never wins, and considering how aside from her route, there are many girls her age who are way stronger than her, she's overall pretty low on the Majikoi power rankings. She pretty strong, but considering how everybody else worked a lot less for a lot less long, Kazuko is very lacking in talent.

>But that's just wrong. I'd have to check in every single route, but I can recall most of the After Stories, even in the nukige continuations in S, Wanko is still training everyday.
Just went to check on Miyako's route, it's on the seven years later epilogue at the end of the main route, not the after stories

This, frankly.
The only thing we see Wanko consistently beat others at is speed, and even with that she tends to lose a lot.

To be fair, Yamato has a crazy strong mom, and Claudio saw that he had talent in using strings, so he had more direction towards pursuing his talents from the beginning.

The biggest tragedy is how cuckholdry runs so deep in the blood of the Matsunaga household.

I know, that wasn't my point though

>wanted to check
>my save file is erased for some reason
amazing, now I have to speed through it

Their group is far from ordinary strength-wise, being the weakest in it is no shame. (And she's still stronger than any of the guys in the group) Momo is considered on par with a nuclear weapon danger-wise, Mayucchi is the next sword saint who could keep Momo and "the strongest being" Seiso at bay for some time. Those two's pedigrees are really high.
Miyako is one of the five heavenly archers so she's nothing to be laughed at either, and Chris has been a soldier in training ever since she was little.

However Chris is better suited as a general/commander than a fighter, and Miyako is mostly a ranged-type , I could definitely see Wanko catching up and even surpassing both of them in a couple of years as long as she applies herself. Her problem is that despite all her energy, she has no idea how to use it or channel it effectively. Carrying tires around from school to home won't make her a better fighter, it'll just make her better at carrying tires. There's much better methods of training your body, Wanko's just a dumbass who can't figure them out. She's also far too emotional in battles, letting her anger get the best of her and charging in blindly. Those issues however are never addressed, instead her reasons for losing are always pushed on this ambiguous and magical thing called "lack of talent" which no one can apparently decipher.

Miyako may be one of the heavenly archers, but when you have somebody who is focused solely on long range combat still be better than you in a one on one close combat fight, then it is pretty pathetic. She also loses really easy to both Chris and Miyako in most cases.

Wanko can certainly surpass them in a few years, but neither of them are even close to being capable of becoming an assistant master. Passing Chris and Miyako being something that can take years to do shows how untalented she really is. As for her training methods, I'd say it's more that we're shown too little of her training in the actual temple. She probably does practice her martial arts, but when she's outside, she would rather train other things, since getting more by doing things like increasing her speed and overall strength will help her with her martial arts.

All girls are best girls, except Tsubame, she is a cunt.

A lovable cunt tho

>but when you have somebody who is focused solely on long range combat
She didn't train solely on ranged combat though. And it's not pathetic at all, because Miyako with Yamato's semen could even beat Chris in melee, who is also supposed to be a close range fighter.
>but neither of them are even close to being capable of becoming an assistant master.
At that age? No, of course not. In 30 years? I'd say very possible, so long as that's what either of them desired.
> she would rather train other things
Yes, and I'm saying carrying tires is a shitty method of training that uses far too much time for the little progress it brings. There's other better methods for training strength or speed outside of the martial art training they do at the temple. But these what if's are moot anyway since the setting has little girls lifting cars solely thanks to their "ancient DNA". Of course if the word of god demands it, Wanko will even lose to Moro in a fight, but that doesn't mean the readers will be happy with it.

I still can't get over how Yamato becomes a huge beta faggot in her route and accept to be treated pretty much like a pet. We are talking about a man who tamed Momoyo, Seiso and turned Margit into his bitch.

Yeah that route is completely out of character for him, but they wanted to play on the S and M routes gimmick. Are her after-stories the same? With S and M paths?

reminder that benkei is the best

Good try, but not quite.