Why are Americans on Sup Forums so stubborn when it comes to gun control?

Why are Americans on Sup Forums so stubborn when it comes to gun control?
theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2015/08/the-states-with-the-most-gun-laws-see-the-fewest-gun-related-deaths/448044/

States with more gun control have less gun crimes. The argument that gun control "punishes" innocent people is moronic. You don't punish good drivers with traffic laws. Gun laws exist to stop BAD people from owning guns.

>but they can get it illegally!
True, but the laws will still reduce gun violence.
Canada, Japan, France etc all have lower guns deaths and deaths in general per capita than America, and we don't let just anyone buy rifles.

Other urls found in this thread:

thestarphoenix.com/news/local-news/delayed-gun-control-bill-expected-this-spring-goodale
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_cities_by_crime_rate
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

because fuck you faggot

SHALL

>theatlantic
>2015
neck yourself

1.The constitution has been amended in the past.

2.This isn't even a violation of it: There are already gun control laws, people just want them expanded.

Nice argument.

NOT

>Why are Americans on Sup Forums so stubborn when it comes to gun control?

Because of the fundamental foundations of our freedom.
It's not about "having guns" it is about being equal. We are all citizens, not subjects. No one is supposed to be above the law or have more "privileges" than another. It is about owning the same weapons that are used to police and protect us. If you want gun control then it has to be applied equally to the government.

NOT

(((leaf)))

Reminder that russiacucks on Sup Forums talk about guns more than actual americans do

>have less gun crime
Your link is about gun deaths you dumb leaf. The majority of gun deatgs are suicides.

The right to bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED. This is why we became our own nation and you cucks were stuck under british rule for another 2 centuries

>Gun laws exist to stop BAD people from owning guns.
except they stop anybody from owning guns. come up with an idea that guarantees that mass shooters wont get guns while leaving legal gun owners unaffected and i would consider it. unfortunately you can't because you cant read minds. we already have gun laws, strict laws at that. this same sort of rhetoric convinced our dumb fuck boomer parents to give up their rights, but that shit aint gonna fly again. i dont give a fuck how many children die you arent getting anything more. NO. MORE. you will pry my guns from my cold dead hands. get fucked

>gun related deaths

Every. Time.

You people are absolutely pathetic.

How would they be expanded?
Please don't say better background checks.

Switzerland is vastly safer than all of those nations except Japan which is 98.5% Japanese and has sone of the laxest laws on the planet.

Our nation has way less gun crime and overall crime than yours. But keep bragging you brainless twat.

Gun deaths down, overall deaths up, crime up. It's not that hard, you fucking retard.

Also, none of that even matters. SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED.

Canada has more thorough background checks and for more powerful guns you have to take a course in how to use it. And our crime and gun related murders are way lower than the USA.

There is no rational reason to oppose this. The only people "punished" are criminals and mentally unstable maniacs.

>gun deaths
Includes suicides, and is not solely about crime.
States with the most motorcycles have the most motorcycle deaths.
States with the most backyard pools have the most backyard drownings.
This is how retarded you are. Rake yourself.

>Gun deaths down, overall deaths up, crime up.
And where is your source these gun control laws are causing more crimes?

>states with more guns have more gun deaths
Cool so we agree there needs to be less guns.

>more thorough background checks
Do you know what a 4473 and the NICS system is?

Sup Forums's canadian mods everyone

Criminals generally don't bother getting background checks. The feds convict about ten people a year over it. They're basically a complete waste of money, but they make retards feel good about doing something.

It's basically the federal equivalent of a hashtag.

And yet Canadian laws are about to get stricter. All of gun control is a slippery slope.
thestarphoenix.com/news/local-news/delayed-gun-control-bill-expected-this-spring-goodale

>gun related
>doesn't distinguish between crime and suicide and misfortune

Do your own research, I'm not your mother.

Also, "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED". And when congress wrote the second amendment, they explained EXACTLY what it meant. Thy specifically said future tyrants will try to take guns, but DONT LET THEM AT ANY COST.

No not really. Prove that those states have more homicides.

>States with more gun control have less gun crimes
less gun crime does not mean less crime in general. if it were true, the top 10 most crime riddled cities would not be the criminal havens they are.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_cities_by_crime_rate

checked, sorry OP but it's kys o'clock
If you don't we'll all know you're just a yellow-bellied faggot

>"Gun crimes"
>KYS

>states with more gun control have less gun crime
sure, if you include suicide

sage before we fucking give you the rope

This just in: homes with toasters have more toaster related deaths than homes with no toasters.

Please do tell about how our bill of rights have been amended in the past? FUCKING LEAF

You fucking idiot.
Canada population 30 million approx.
U.S. population 380 million approx.
Come back again once Canada has the same numbers...

Well?

The only amendment to the Constitution that limited rights was for Prohibition (the 18th), which was a colossal failure and also paved the way for the rise of organized crime.

The 16th Amendment could also be argued to be a restriction and should not have been passed, but generally amendments have been used to expand freedoms, not restrict them.

>we have more niggers
to get a full auto weapon or a suppressor, you need to do more shit than to just get a gun.

face it, you fags have never had to fight off someone to have your own nation. you bitches just did what the crown wanted and then asked politely for independence. Kids here have handled weapons longer than you have, so courses are a waste of fucking money unless you actually cant operate and maintain a gun.

mentally unstable, felons, people with records, and more are already not allowed to own guns...something which isn't meant for hunting or home defense, but if you're not fucking retarded and read the federalist papers, you'll see that our current army isn't what we were supposed to have. we were supposed to have various militias that were self regulated and to be called on when the time came.

we don't need fewer guns, we need more security at places who take away the right to carry. florida, tech, pulse, vegas...this shit wouldn't have happened if it wasn't for retards in office who thinks having areas with no weapons and no security is a good idea.

the day of the rake cannot come quick enough because you're the faggot who would trade your liberty for an Orwellian state that gives you everything.

Share blue or Leaf? Which is shillier?

Leafs do it for free.

Fuck the 17th as well, direct election of senators is a mistake.

>thinks the govt is currently equal to the citizenry
>thinks the constitution has anything to do with making citizens equal to the govt

there is so much wrong with this its hard to know where to begin. id say "stay in school" but you may as well just get your wal-mart greeter job now, there's not much hope for your kiddo.

Oh, nice sauce. I mean sure everyone on staff there is a faggot, a jew, or both. But that hardly means they have an agenda...

Niggers are the problem..can we ban them?

INFRINGE

>Anonymous
Nigger

If life is worth defending, then it is worth allowing each life to defend itself.
If I am not fit to defend my own life or the lives of those about whom I care, why should I trust that someone else can do it for me?

Also, sage you fucking poz nigger

>States with more gun control have less gun crimes.
Patently False

There are so many things that are wrong with gun control. First is taking away tools from others because some don't know how to use. It's unfair to punish others for the mistakes of another. Secondly, disarming the population renders the population weak to fight internal and external enemies. Thirdly, it's nonsensical to think it can prevent murder, you can't prevent these things unless you have total control over the people, which is don't and never will have. Fourthly, it's morally wrong, as it's the modern means to defend one's life and life of family. Fifthly, guns are neutral, they are only tools, anything can be used to kill, and those who want to kill can use anything they want.

But it's not like you and other anti-gun people don't know these things. It's that you are generally overemotional, probably low IQ, probably a hippie boomer or a college indoctrinated millennial, unable to think about the future, incapable to remember the past, and never shot a gun once.

I'm sorry for the long-ish post but as someone living under a veiled leftist regime I have firsthand experience of why guns in the hands of the people are so needed and important.

We ain't giving up our rights jackass.
And every false flag and shady disinfo op that happens is more proof that we shouldn't.

What we need to do is put volunteer militia at local schools. Someone tries something they get dropped. Problem fucking solved.

It's and accurate argument your thread is garbage. Sage for being a Russian disinfo bot.

Check my numbers bitch

Because your argument is indefensible. Because it is indefensible there is no reason to accept that it has any merits and therefore no reason to either debate or entertain its notion.

Go fuck yourself. Shall not be infringed.

Worry about Canada and mind your business leaf

Gun deaths are mostly gun suicides. Gun laws are not correlated with gun homicides, the very thing they're supposed to reduce.

Fake as fuck stats. Get real!

But there is something that does influence gun homicides