Is there an anime with more wasted potential?

Is there an anime with more wasted potential?
Made a season that explains the origin and story of the digital world and let the fucking children

It's almost over. Tri was a mistake.

02?

02 atleast had Adventure Tri is nothing but teen angst.

user, I take it you didn't watch Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V?

Tri is a masterpiece of story telling and the best throwback to an old show to ever exist in comparison to what happened with Arc-V.

I hate you so much for making me remember that exists.

So much.

What's the problem, user?
Do you not like EGAO?

at least Arc-V was more tolerable than tri for 2/3rds of the series

Adventures and Tamers already showed that they can go dark places, but even though tri is aimed at an older audience it seems like the writers felt ashamed of using a kids show license and mad ea boring SoL show because they thought that it's more "mature".
Just imagine a Digimon season that's a bit darker without being edgy.
Stuff like the dark masters already showed different scary concepts and tamers got actually disturbing, all while not crossing the line of a kids show.
If they did a somewhat scary setting or villian, actually showed how the kids developed these years instead of makign them go through the same arcs but boring or stupid and maybe even got a bit into how the digiworld works in a way that almost seemes realistic with our current internet, it could have been my favourite show altogether.
instead we got this shit.

>Is there an anime with more wasted potential?

Unironically SAO

the reason i liked the digimon gang is that they weren't downers most of the time, they only moped when things were really looking bad. tri is tedious.

SAOs potential came from the premise and production value, basically just a good startup.
tri already had a great show to start from and less restrains. Even if they made just more of the same stuff it would've been great, but it failed on most fronts.
I still give the point to tri

>tamerfags

nothing more creepy and deep than facing reality growing up getting over your shit and start doing something with your life.
Tri was a mistake but it had the right idea.

>Adventures
>ever being dark

neither adventures seasons were great though.

01 was decent at best and 02 as everyone knows was irredeemably bad.

I found Part 1 underwhelming and boring for the most part, and I'm not sure whether 2 is any different

Part 2 is somehow even worse.

DidnĀ“t even bother with part 3.

Saint Seiya Omega.

The idea was great, a new generation of Saint with the old Saints appearing as wise mentors.

But then they decided to take out everything that made Saint Seiya Saint Seiya and made a abomination.

Charlotte

Pretty much every Digimon season after Tamers.

Frontier/XW(minus Hunters shit)/Savers/Appmon all had potential but they all squandered it somehow.

It was a literal retread of the original series because you spics hate everything that's different and you STILL complained. Western Saint Seiya fans are cancer.